3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2017-08-26, 13:25   Link #21
PhoenixRising

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Btw, for those who want to know, the flashy woman is a reference to this lady from Victory Gundam:

She's a member of Katejina's "flashy squad" but this OVA really cranked her fanservice-level up to eleven compared to what they shown in Victory.

Well, you can put that next to "OVA about Calamity War" in a pile of "Gundam anime that fans want but Sundai won't seem to make" .
Yeah, you're right about the fanservice level. Also sorry, I haven't seen Victory Gundam yet, so I wasn't sure what her character's name was or which Gundam she was from.
PhoenixRising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-29, 02:22   Link #22
Fairy Water

lol the reference

In 30 mins, the ova itself is so much better than the entire Try season and its movie.
Great music at right time, right battle.
Good fights and angles too, how I miss this hype when every GBF's ep was broadcasted every week.

I don't see the problem with the content.
If s.o ask you to create an OVA then this much content should be enough. Like how mangaka always see oneshot as a challenging task.
If more creativities resulted in sth like Try, I'd rather keep GBF this simple but logic and fun.
Fairy Water is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-29, 03:43   Link #23
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

That's okay. Knowing how to like actually decent content is not for everyone.
Old 2017-08-29, 03:44   Link #24
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairy Water View Post
lol the reference

In 30 mins, the ova itself is so much better than the entire Try season and its movie.
Great music at right time, right battle.
Good fights and angles too, how I miss this hype when every GBF's ep was broadcasted every week.

I don't see the problem with the content.
If s.o ask you to create an OVA then this much content should be enough. Like how mangaka always see oneshot as a challenging task.
If more creativities resulted in sth like Try, I'd rather keep GBF this simple but logic and fun.
I don't mean to knock your opinion & taste but, remember this comment of yours in GBFT: Island Wars thread?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairy Water View Post
Try seriously is a shame of Gundam series... And they fcking pull a Reiji's daughter? Wtf?

I used to mad if s.o said GBF is for kid entertainment but Try made it clear that it's for teen entertainment with all the stupid fan service.
You voted “Painful” for GBFT Island Wars partly because it contains very very tame fanservice by today's anime standards, yet you voted “Excellent” for this GBF OVA even though it contains one of the most cringe-worthy in-your-face fanservice sequence ever committed to the Gundam franchise. The "flasher girl" in this OVA is definitely a lot worse than the fanservice in GBFT-IW yet you're completely okay with it this time just because it's GBF.

I don't know about you, but the bias & double-standard look rather obvious there.

Really, why can't people just simply enjoy this without shitting on GBFT for no good reason?
Old 2017-08-29, 03:47   Link #25
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

It's the curse of the Gundam forum. Each time a new series comes out, the previous one must be held as a paragon of all that is great within the franchise, no matter how hypocritical one gets after the vicious, unwarranted criticisms you laid upon it during its own run. With all of the rage generated in the latter days of IBO, once the next full-fledged series is out, it will all be forgotten.

It was the same with GBF and GBFT. Nary a soul here remembers the constant whining of "Build Knuckle again!" when GBF was running.
Old 2017-08-29, 11:12   Link #26
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

is the Psyco GM meant to be a homage or reference to something? based on it's design & color scheme?,
like that Psyco Gundam Mk-II that the Tryon 3 fought in Try where it is clearly having the color scheme of the King J-Der from the King of Braves GaoGaiGar.
Faux Mecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-31, 04:59   Link #27
Skaddix

Heck I am the biggest hater of Try around and even I don't think this is better then all of Try...this is average at best. Fights were too short and there was no character development.

...interesting though Nils is still Nielsen so Caroline hasn't got that marriage through yet.

Although S2 of IBO makes me rage so I suppose that probably has a lot more to do with me mellowing on Try. At least Try didn't ruin my favorite character and then pointlessly off him.
Skaddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-08, 00:07   Link #28
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaddix View Post
Heck I am the biggest hater of Try around and even I don't think this is better then all of Try...this is average at best. Fights were too short and there was no character development.

...interesting though Nils is still Nielsen so Caroline hasn't got that marriage through yet.

Although S2 of IBO makes me rage so I suppose that probably has a lot more to do with me mellowing on Try. At least Try didn't ruin my favorite character and then pointlessly off him.
Of course the fights are short, we only have 20 or so minutes to work with for everything. As for character development what could they have done here? All the main things for the main cast has already been done in the main show, nor is this little OVA a character-centric plot in any way

As for Nils this isnt too long after S1, so they're not quite there yet haha
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-08, 21:54   Link #29
Skaddix

Interesting Nils basically retired instantly after becoming Caroline's Fiancee.
And took what less then a year to re engineer plavisky particles?

GBFT made think both of those took longer.

But yeah Caro-Chan probably closes the deal before they get to 18.
Old 2017-09-08, 23:54   Link #30
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Nils had already figured out a bunch of crap about Plavsky Particles even before he got his hands on the technology directly, and we know that he got it up and running by the next year in GBF's epilogue.
Old 2017-09-08, 23:58   Link #31
Skaddix

It said he had breakthrough which is one thing didn't mean it was fully tournament ready in 1 year or less.
Old 2017-09-09, 00:08   Link #32
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I don't see why it wouldn't. Aside from the stadium, the rest of the Gunpla Battle system infrastructure was still intact, and the epilogue is clear that it happened before the one-year-later timeskip to the 8th tournament. It's not like they were rebuilding from the ground up; they just needed to synthesize a new Arista Crystal.
Old 2017-09-09, 00:31   Link #33
Skaddix

Suppose having a billionaire heiress obsessed with you does make it pretty easy financially and manpower wise.
Old 2017-09-09, 04:34   Link #34
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

It really does. He'd already figured out how the particles worked even before he knew the crystal existed. Furthermore, with Mashita's disappearance, most likely PPSE's interference and supposed corruption came to light after the disaster at the 7th World Tournament, and the company would've had to fold. Yajima, I assume, simply absorbed the company and all its assets, leaving all of their own research in Nils' capable hands.

Really, the only thing that people would have to really wait on is the demolition of the old stadium and the creation of the monument and the new stadium.
Old 2017-09-09, 09:20   Link #35
Malicre

Am i the only one who wants to see 00 vs freedom?
Malicre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-09, 09:47   Link #36
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malicre View Post
Am i the only one who wants to see 00 vs freedom?
I actually want to see "Double X vs. Freedom". You know, since Freedom's design is inspired by the DX and all. Or, as some fans out there have been wondering since episode 01: "Freedom vs. Strike Freedom" to answer them once and for all which one will come out on top in a fight if both Gundams are piloted by Kiras .

Also, I want to see (AI)Mika to fight piloting long-ranged Gundam like Heavyarms, Leopard, Buster or heck maybe even Freedom. I'm sure (AI)Mika will (learn to) have fun with the ranged spamming .
Old 2017-09-09, 12:24   Link #37
Malicre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
I actually want to see "Double X vs. Freedom". You know, since Freedom's design is inspired by the DX and all. Or, as some fans out there have been wondering since episode 01: "Freedom vs. Strike Freedom" to answer them once and for all which one will come out on top in a fight if both Gundams are piloted by Kiras .

Also, I want to see (AI)Mika to fight piloting long-ranged Gundam like Heavyarms, Leopard, Buster or heck maybe even Freedom. I'm sure (AI)Mika will (learn to) have fun with the ranged spamming .
Mika VS Kira would be a damn good showdown, you have mika's savage fighting technique vs kira's freedom gundam, not sure who would win that lol.
Malicre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-09, 12:46   Link #38
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I don't mean to be that guy, but isn't this a GM's Counterattack discussion thread? Pretty sure you're talking about Battlogue now.
Old 2017-09-09, 14:53   Link #39
Skaddix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
It really does. He'd already figured out how the particles worked even before he knew the crystal existed. Furthermore, with Mashita's disappearance, most likely PPSE's interference and supposed corruption came to light after the disaster at the 7th World Tournament, and the company would've had to fold. Yajima, I assume, simply absorbed the company and all its assets, leaving all of their own research in Nils' capable hands.

Really, the only thing that people would have to really wait on is the demolition of the old stadium and the creation of the monument and the new stadium.
Well yes I think its clear Yajima owns it all in GBFT.