AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kimi ga Nozomu Eien

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2003-11-24, 21:00   Link #21
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaServ
-_-;;;; quit faking about being japanese, YOU ARN'T EVEN SPELLING GAIJIN RIGHT YOU DUMBASS!!!!

Plural for Gaijin is Gaijin, check a dictionary you dumb fuck....

2nd you are giving this additude like "hah, i get to see it first" WHO GIVES A FUCK, SHUT THE HELL UP ABOUT IT!!! That is like saying "oh, i was the FIRST to own this nice sports car" wh00pty fucking doo, what the hell does that have to do with driving? NOTHING!!!

Also, who is to say no one else has access to the TV station taht plays it, NO ONE!!! THe only point is that if you do, good for you, no one gives a shit. The reason everyone got pissed off is cuz of your fucking braggin about something NO ONE CARES ABOUT, so do us all in the forum a big fucking favor and have yourself and nice can of SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!
Thank you for giving a plaid advice on the word of "gaijin." By your post, it looks like that word is one of the problem that ticks you guys off, and I will refrain myself from using that word on my future posts.

Secondly, I did not know that I was unexpectantly giving you the notion that my attitudes were of such matter relating to what you describe as an obnoxious person who is egotistic about watching some anime directly. For that, I am sorry. I will try to rephrase my matter of sentence so as I do not give you such misleading emotion.

But whatever the case, I am deeply shocked how you would degrade yourself in using such words while I was amending myself to an apology. It would've been better if you had camly carefully chosen your words to describe the details on how I was irritating.
Old 2003-11-24, 21:09   Link #22
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
-_-;;;; quit faking about being japanese, YOU ARN'T EVEN SPELLING GAIJIN RIGHT YOU DUMBASS!!!!
Plural for Gaijin is Gaijin, check a dictionary you dumb fuck....
The plural form of gaijin is "gaijin-tachi" (外人達)and "gaijin-ra" (外人等)depending on the structure of the sentence.

However, gaijin can also be used to denote the group of foreigners as a whole like in the sentence "Nihon wa saikin gaijin ga ooi." (日本は最近、外人が多い)

I used "gaijins" as a matter to pluralize in the form of English romanized sentence, as much as you pluralize the noun "sushi" as "sushis," while the true Japanese form is "sushi" (すし)in both singular and plural.

最後に日本には、「バカって呼ぶ人の方がバカなんだよ」ってのがあります。貴方はまさしくそう ですね ^^;
Old 2003-11-24, 21:14   Link #23
IPv6
blastos.com

you mr. kj1980 could learn from my "Building a multi-international team" where I discuss the different type of culture around the world .

In any case, would you know of ANY good japanese book I can buy? Perphaps one that doesn't fly 200 million miles an hour for a short sentence?

I have "power japanese" but those bastards on there think I know what the hell I am listening to. I had to listen to a sentence about 300 times before I could learn the first half the sentence.
Old 2003-11-24, 21:32   Link #24
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPv6
you mr. kj1980 could learn from my "Building a multi-international team" where I discuss the different type of culture around the world .

In any case, would you know of ANY good japanese book I can buy? Perphaps one that doesn't fly 200 million miles an hour for a short sentence?

I have "power japanese" but those bastards on there think I know what the hell I am listening to. I had to listen to a sentence about 300 times before I could learn the first half the sentence.
Interesting thought. Perhaps Mr. Bush and his administration could join that team as well.

With the pun aside, in reality, I am a very left-winged person in notions in accepting cultures that are different from mine. Therefore, I would be delighted to have any open discussion with on regard to that matter.

On a side note of what Japanese book I would recommend, I am sorry that I cannot give you any info. But, I can give you a way I have learned English, and hope that this would give you into some insight on how to develop a new language. Some say listening to an audio tape while asleep helps you learn a new language. i believe that is bull. Instead, try reading a Japanese children's book and work your way up. After you are able to read a children's book, move on to a Japanese version of an English novel that you like. I learned English by doing a similar thing backwards...I originally read "Once Upon a Cuckoo's Nest" in Japanese back in junior high (or do you guys call it middle school like us now?), and read the original English one three years later. It helped me compare what is what, and realize what gets lost in the translation.

Then, try living in as much japanese as possible. Install Japanese Windows. I had my troubles with working with an English version of Windows, but now I can easily see which one is which. Mostly it is due to the icons, but the menus are really tough to figure out. But once you start fiddling around with what is what, you get to "know" what they mean, and try to use them in your daily life.
Old 2003-11-24, 22:00   Link #25
IPv6
blastos.com

kj1980 , you are all good in my book. You are free to bash the bush administration as much as possible, in fact, I urge you to do so in every post .

Hrmm I will look into some children japanese audio book (if there's any around here).
Old 2003-11-24, 22:07   Link #26
Photonman

damn

Damn, I really need to stop looking at these episode speculations assuming your spoliers are right. I just cant help but look at them even though I know it ruins everything for me. But whatev. Anyone else have this problem?
Old 2003-11-24, 22:28   Link #27
ZGMF-10A

wow this theard is really getting out of hand...... i wonder what will happen if i make a thread of the ending episode 13?? lol maddness massive swearing and cussing.... lmfao
Old 2003-11-24, 22:30   Link #28
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

wtf ep9 didnt even air yet why is there 2pages of posts I dont get it, cant we all wait until ep9 airs and is available on bt sheesh... I think the mods need to talk to the guy who started this thread
Old 2003-11-24, 22:33   Link #29
ZGMF-10A

hey anyone wanna start episode 13 final episode thread?? it will be interesting what people will post in that thread......
Old 2003-11-24, 22:53   Link #30
NinjaServ

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
I used "gaijins" as a matter to pluralize in the form of English romanized sentence,...
Gaijin as many other words is addapted to a english word too. Meaning the same thing but the plural does NOT contain a S.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=gaijin

take a look for yourself :P

also i have NEVER heard of sushi being refered to with an S for plural. I have always heard it refered to as sushi. There is no plural listed in the dictionary for sushi.
Old 2003-11-24, 23:35   Link #31
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Gaijin as many other words is addapted to a english word too. Meaning the same thing but the plural does NOT contain a S.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=gaijin

take a look for yourself :P

also i have NEVER heard of sushi being refered to with an S for plural. I have always heard it refered to as sushi. There is no plural listed in the dictionary for sushi.
From your deduction, then all foreigners in Japan who refer themselves as "gaijins" are using it improperly.

http://www.japantoday.com/gidx/kuchikomi155.html

Besides, your usage of a dictionary is rather meaningless. A dictionary is made through what a lexicographer decides what he/she suppose the correct meaning of the term is. Judging by the fact that the word "gaijin" is a word stemming from the Japanese language, and that Japan has no singular or plural, it is written in such a way in which a plural does not exist. On the other hand, a lexicographer is also one to decide if such a word can be used in everyday English language, in which case should follow the plural when the word "gaijin" is written in proper romanized form.

This in sense, is going no where, as there are many plurals that exists with the same singular word, and when many forms of plurals that exists as well.

However, i do understand your point. You are thinking in terms of why is it proper to collectivize a noun when official Japanese do not admit the plural. However, the fact is that term "gaijin" is used in plural form very frequently by both Japanese and gaijin themselves.

Then again, I'm not so sure why this is such a big deal. Is it proper to use the word "two gaijin" or "two gaijins?" Better yet, Japanese-English words: "two salariiman," "two salariimans," or "two salariimen?" (salariiman = salary-man = office worker) If one follows the original Japanese word the non-s option is best, but think of the word "obatarian." (loud and obnoxious middle-aged women) Somehow "two obatarian" sounds wrong to me. "Obatarians" seems much more natural when written in pluralized romaji form.

Therefore, in putting an end to this needless persuant of what is correct and what is not, the word itself is derived from Japan. What you are trying to imply is similar to you laughing at Japanese people for writing the "Showa era" (English proper) as "Shouwa" (Japanese romanized) form.

"A dictionary is only as good as how the lexicographer suggests the way it is to him/her."

Last edited by kj1980; 2004-06-21 at 19:34.
Old 2003-11-24, 23:54   Link #32
Lucier
Lunar Translator

not aired for another 4 days, and we have TWO pages of posts!?
Not to mention about 95% posts are off topic -_-

‚Á‚Ä‚¢‚©?Akj1980?A–{“–‚É“ú–{?l‚È‚Ì?H
‚¾‚Á‚½‚ç?A‰½‚Å‚±‚±‚É‚¢‚ñ‚Ì?H
“ú–{?l‚͉pŒê‚̃Aƒjƒ?‚̃tƒH?[ƒ‰ƒ€‚Ƀ|ƒXƒg‚·‚é‚Ì‚Í‚¿‚å‚Á‚Æ‚Ö‚ñ‚¾‚ÆŽv‚í‚È‚¢?H
‚*‚Ì?[?A–{“–‚É“ú–{?l‚¾‚Á‚½‚ç?A‰pŒê‚ª‚·‚°‚¦?[?ãŽè‚¾‚æ?O?O?F
ƒAƒjƒ?‚ð–󂹂Î?H
‚à‚¤ˆê‚Â?E?E?E‚*‚̃jƒ“ƒWƒƒ‚Ì‚â‚‚ª“{‚é—?—R‚Í‘½•ª?A ƒAƒ“ƒ^‚ª‚¦‚ç‚»‚¤‚ɘb‚µ‚Ä‚½‚©‚ç‚Ë?O?O?G

Tho in reality, this thread shouldn't be here till after the ep airs, as it's silly...
Old 2003-11-24, 23:56   Link #33
ZGMF-10A

episode 8 just got subbed yesterday or something there is at least 5 more days and episode 9 thread is already up..... i think i might make a episode 13 thread soon.....
Old 2003-11-25, 00:20   Link #34
NinjaServ

you dumbass, you didn't read ONE WORD I said.....I said the proper ENGLISH useage for it, i'm not talking about the fucking japanese use of it, it is wrong FOR EITHER way, you can't dig yourself out of that hole you started in...
Old 2003-11-25, 02:02   Link #35
Doddler

Send a message via ICQ to Doddler Send a message via MSN to Doddler
*edit* Screw it, its not worth arguing. NinjaServ, you're putting far to much effort into trying to tick off kj1980. Sure, he's braging, but you're not being any better.

Doddler
Old 2003-11-25, 02:28   Link #36
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

edit...sigh, its not worth going over it again. i said I'm going to stop continuing the issue, so I will.

Anyhow, back to the issue about the girl in the green hair with glasses from the previous episode:

Yes, she was briefly shown in Ep. 4, only the backside of her head, 16 minutes or so into the anime.

Last edited by kj1980; 2004-06-21 at 19:35.
Old 2003-11-25, 02:35   Link #37
NinjaServ

so i can't spell, not everyone is gifted that way...at least i don't act like a cocksucker like you
Old 2003-11-25, 02:38   Link #38
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

now now ppl come down, lets not turn this into another flame war
Old 2003-11-25, 02:40   Link #39
NinjaServ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keitarou20
now now ppl come down, lets not turn this into another flame war
LOL, it already is, can't you tell?
Old 2003-11-25, 03:03   Link #40
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:
LOL, it already is, can't you tell?
Well I seen worse, this is really nothing. You should already know that any personal attacks on another user is aganist the rules