AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2019-07-09, 14:01   Link #21
grecefar

It would be better if they spend all the time in underwear.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-09, 16:15   Link #22
Nivek von Beldo

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
It would be better if they spend all the time in underwear.
Ecchi..but that is a legit way to survive, as they need their clothes as long they can to protect themselves of UV rays and climate, during day in thei undies and clothes at night, plus if they keep their clothes save from bugs that will endure a very long time(remebering LOST) just hope those clothes are high quality fabric.

The chapter was Funny, specially Asuka and Shion antics... a shame the coconut didn't work
Nivek von Beldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-09, 16:35   Link #23
James Rye

Lol, "best water I had my entire life" -> sucked from Homare's dirty sock. Crying tears because Shion promised to pee in your mouth! And ofc the "dinner". XD
Girls be'd dead without Homare for sure. Girl got her head on straight, kinda shocked you can only survive 3 hours if you keep your body temperature under control, that's fast, then again isn't this also how hypothermia happens if you stay too long in cold water? Her dad really should not have forced her to eat balls though, poor girl still got nightmares of it even now.^^;
Old 2019-07-09, 17:07   Link #24
4th Dimension

EAT THE PIANIST! SHE'D BE MORE USEFUL AS FOOD!

Well, of course the coconut didn't pan out. It's a nut that has floated in salt water for who knows how long. I doubt those can last infinite amount of time before starting to decompose.

I'm more worried that what "food" they had might be nowhere near enough to avoid starvation.

Join Midchilda Discord server - a Nanoha community server
4th Dimension is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-09, 18:14   Link #25
James Rye

I think there is fish in the water, mussels and other crust animals and then there is insects and ofc birds and reptiles which eat said insects. So they will get their protein. And there is probably some fruit Homare will see as edible as well. I don't worry about their food, I worry about their water situation. Without a real water source they gotta bet on the rain and you never wanna bet on the weather when it comes to your survival.
Old 2019-07-09, 21:03   Link #26
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

I can hear Les Stroud speaking of inexperience being a factor in decreasing chances of survival. Given the choice, Stroud traditionally builds a fire first, then finds water, then sets about building a shelter of some sort, and finally, takes on food. This is a comedy, so I can and will accept what happens.
Old 2019-07-10, 02:32   Link #27
4th Dimension

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
I think there is fish in the water, mussels and other crust animals and then there is insects and ofc birds and reptiles which eat said insects. So they will get their protein. And there is probably some fruit Homare will see as edible as well. I don't worry about their food, I worry about their water situation. Without a real water source they gotta bet on the rain and you never wanna bet on the weather when it comes to your survival.
I didn't really mean long term, I meant if they keep eating like this. I doubt two small pieces of insect muscle. Or couple egg sacs from a sea urching is enough for a growing girl daily needs.

Join Midchilda Discord server - a Nanoha community server
4th Dimension is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-10, 05:58   Link #28
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Watched episode 2:

Ok, my faith has been restored in this show. Was laughing all throughout the episode, mostly at the commercial breaks where they say "sounan desu ka" in different ways.

Also liking that Homare sounds like Asuka from Mahou Shoujo Asuka anime.

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2019-07-10 at 06:14.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-10, 09:01   Link #29
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Wow. Looks like those moose balls really traumatized little Homare. I wonder just how much she was forced to eat to leave her years later unable to sleep without being haunted by their taste.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-10, 09:32   Link #30
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4th Dimension View Post
I didn't really mean long term, I meant if they keep eating like this. I doubt two small pieces of insect muscle. Or couple egg sacs from a sea urching is enough for a growing girl daily needs.
You would be surprised at how much nutrients a single bug has.
Old 2019-07-10, 15:36   Link #31
James Rye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite Zenith View Post
I can hear Les Stroud speaking of inexperience being a factor in decreasing chances of survival. Given the choice, Stroud traditionally builds a fire first, then finds water, then sets about building a shelter of some sort, and finally, takes on food. This is a comedy, so I can and will accept what happens.
I dunno, I mean, a fire is important, I get it. But I also think like Homare that a proper shelter and sleeping place is better in the long run. A fire is nice and warm and useful for many things, but it won't keep you dry once the rain starts pouring down on you heavily or the cold wind blows so strong that it blows the flames everywhere. A proper roof or wall on the other hands helps much more in such cases.
Old 2019-07-16, 14:10   Link #32
Nivek von Beldo

The island is so full of trash...and that is so normal is a shame, the trash island in the pacific must be a continent by now and in the anime too

Yeah each girl is so insane in their ways, Homare is a bless for them. And trully the Lady of the Island
Old 2019-07-17, 06:30   Link #33
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Watched episode 3:

Asuka always the one getting punished for stupid mistakes. The rotten jam in the previous ep, and now poison radish. Laughed when she said "sounan desuka" in the commercial.

a more normal looking meal this time with shellfish.
Old 2019-07-17, 10:06   Link #34
grecefar

With the hermit crab eating I was wondering what naoe would think about that.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-17, 15:29   Link #35
James Rye

Damn, that is one hell of a poisonous potato if it gives you the numbs after a few seconds and not 15 minutes. Loved how no-nonsense Homare took the butt offer and shoved the potato in there with no mercy whatsoever. It is kinda cool how she captures insects outta the air and pops off their heads with her thumb like they are cans. I still not sure I could put a Cicada into my mouth though...
Homare really is the leader/teacher/caretaker of the other three girls there, even building a shower for them before finding food. I had no idea hermit crabs looked so snail like on their hinds though, yikes!
I really liked that faceplant on the beach before the shellfish and hermit crab hunt, it was such a sudden funny interruption of the foot prints. xD
Old 2019-07-19, 23:38   Link #36
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Quote:
I dunno, I mean, a fire is important, I get it. But I also think like Homare that a proper shelter and sleeping place is better in the long run. A fire is nice and warm and useful for many things, but it won't keep you dry once the rain starts pouring down on you heavily or the cold wind blows so strong that it blows the flames everywhere. A proper roof or wall on the other hands helps much more in such cases.
In any given survival situation, Stroud takes stock of a situation first. He usually builds the shelter on the second day to keep the elements away after he's found a good spot to do so.

As for this third episode, there is truth in eating unknown tubers creating complications, and that hygiene is a big part of morale. Sounan Desu Ka? is rather more fun to watch in that regard: this is one part of the show that has Survivorman beat.
Old 2019-07-20, 07:01   Link #37
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Damn, that is one hell of a poisonous potato if it gives you the numbs after a few seconds and not 15 minutes. Loved how no-nonsense Homare took the butt offer and shoved the potato in there with no mercy whatsoever. It is kinda cool how she captures insects outta the air and pops off their heads with her thumb like they are cans. I still not sure I could put a Cicada into my mouth though...
Homare really is the leader/teacher/caretaker of the other three girls there, even building a shower for them before finding food. I had no idea hermit crabs looked so snail like on their hinds though, yikes!
I really liked that faceplant on the beach before the shellfish and hermit crab hunt, it was such a sudden funny interruption of the foot prints. xD
Asuka seems to be joking when offering the butt, but she had no escape when Homare took the offer seriously.

Regularly see hermit crabs when I visit my dad's province. Although I was not aware they were edible. Well, if faced with dying from hunger I would certainly eat those after cook in a fire.
Old 2019-07-21, 00:53   Link #38
Liddo-kun
is this so?

some images.

Spoiler for sounan desu ka?:
Old 2019-07-23, 14:34   Link #39
Nivek von Beldo

IS not really dangerous eat squirrels and other animal like those because rabies/hydrophobia?

jejeje the usagi pantsu and the frog,still i would be wary eat anything with poison...
Old 2019-07-23, 15:35   Link #40
James Rye

Loli Homare doing excited poses for the 4 deadly traps was adorable. As was teen Homare being all excited about teaching and talking about traps to the other girls. Probably a first time for her given this isn't usual girl talk at school. xD

That frog was a pervert! He is lucky to have survived! Geez, Asuka, how can you be so dense (lol)?

Mutsu is quite useful, probably the most useful from the three girls with how she thought up that trap design, was the first to say she will try the hermit crab and gulped down her disagreement about eating bunnies, bet she had a bunny pet. Asuka is strong but well, a bit simple-minded and Shion is so far the "babied princess" of the group. In the 4 episodes so far she hasn't done that much to be very helpful though her time will surely come as well.

Homare is still the best though! Girl deserves a 2nd season! <3

Tags
deserted island, girl ensemble, shoujo ai, survival