AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2019-09-14, 15:09   Link #21
Hoodspirit

okay, my speculation is already dead.

It is not 10k people Franky is building the ships for, but 100.000!

I decided to check the raws for it as I heard English Viz said 100k people and spanish Viz translated it to 10k people.
Franky says 10万人.

100k is an entirely new scale for Wano.
Hoodspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-14, 15:26   Link #22
marvelB

Just wanna add that I totally agree with marine/Blackbeard intervention at this point. I'm still a bit iffy as far as the RA goes, though.... maybe if Sabo catches wind of Luffy's predicament, I guess. Maybe he'll even have a rematch against Burgess that's less one-sided this time around (perhaps if the latter managed to gain a new DF ability since his defeat at Dressrosa)....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoodspirit View Post
100k is an entirely new scale for Wano.
Well, we at least know Luffy is no stranger to facing those kind of numbers! I mean, he knocked out half that many enemies with conqueror's haki alone at fish-man island, remember? Of course, I completely understand that the combined might of the shogun's + two emperors' forces will be nowhere near as easy to take down. I'm particularly thinking of those "Numbers" of Kaidou's (who I predict may be a horde of Awakened Zoans).....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-14, 15:49   Link #23
Hoodspirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Just wanna add that I totally agree with marine/Blackbeard intervention at this point. I'm still a bit iffy as far as the RA goes, though.... maybe if Sabo catches wind of Luffy's predicament, I guess. Maybe he'll even have a rematch against Burgess that's less one-sided this time around (perhaps if the latter managed to gain a new DF ability since his defeat at Dressrosa)....

Well, we at least know Luffy is no stranger to facing those kind of numbers! I mean, he knocked out half that many enemies with conqueror's haki alone at fish-man island, remember? Of course, I completely understand that the combined might of the shogun's + two emperors' forces will be nowhere near as easy to take down. I'm particularly thinking of those "Numbers" of Kaidou's (who I predict may be a horde of Awakened Zoans).....
That's why I said 'for Wano'. :P
Marineford had 100k elite marines alone too.
Alubarna had crazy amounts of people as well.
Hoodspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-14, 19:50   Link #24
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Sending all 3 admirals wouldn't be the best move since then there would be no one on standby to protect Marine HQ and Mariejoia from enemy invaders. It's strategy. You can't just go all in and leave yourself completely open and vulnerable.

But we will definitely see marine intervention for sure.

The revolutionaries are only after the WG, as far as we know. So I don't see them getting involved here. Blackbeard, however, being the opportunist that he is, could very well make a move. We also last saw Moria with him who we know has a personal vendetta against Kaido. I think there's a strong chance they'll show up in Wano.
During Marineford War, every higher-up is there and Mariejoa is left defenseless since their primary objective is to make sure Ace's execution is right according to their plans. As for current situation right now, we never face a Marine went to sortie for all-out offense. We can left defenses on Mariejoa to Kong and as for HQ they can leave at least one or two VA. Sakazuki still need to report this to Kong since he is like, the Supreme Commander of the WG Army and Marines is one of it.

As for revolutionaries, they want to use this chance to reveal the connection between WG and pirates. Since we know Kairoseki's origin is from Wano, it's safe to say that WG's reputation can be dropped more by revealing this. Additionally, they will need a base of operations to spread their influence there and possibly earning a spot to acquire a Kairoseki by making a contract with Wano.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-15, 00:08   Link #25
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramero View Post
During Marineford War, every higher-up is there and Mariejoa is left defenseless since their primary objective is to make sure Ace's execution is right according to their plans. As for current situation right now, we never face a Marine went to sortie for all-out offense. We can left defenses on Mariejoa to Kong and as for HQ they can leave at least one or two VA. Sakazuki still need to report this to Kong since he is like, the Supreme Commander of the WG Army and Marines is one of it.
The difference there was that Marineford was literally right beside Mariejoia. The marines were fighting in a war on home field advantage. So if some party decided to try to attack Mariejoia, their attempt would be stopped because the marines were right next door.

We know next to nothing about Kong so we can't say much about him right now. The VAs? Outside of Garp, they haven't been impressive and wouldn't be able to thwart an attack from an enemy invasion.
Old 2019-09-15, 03:12   Link #26
Ramero

Quote:
The difference there was that Marineford was literally right beside Mariejoia. The marines were fighting in a war on home field advantage. So if some party decided to try to attack Mariejoia, their attempt would be stopped because the marines were right next door.

We know next to nothing about Kong so we can't say much about him right now. The VAs? Outside of Garp, they haven't been impressive and wouldn't be able to thwart an attack from an enemy invasion.
Kong was put as CiC for some reason and i'm sure his ability is still as good as when he was a Fleet Admiral back then. As for VA, we still got brains of Marines, Tsuru. If Tsuru reccommends all-out sortie, she must have a plan. Don't forget that naturally Tsuru is number two on the Marines due to her prowess on strategy. They still got brains and brawns (Tsuru and Garp), so my guess id Sakazuki may seek Tsuru's advice to strategize this one out.

Just remember that her epithet as a "Great Staff Officer" is not for a show.
Old 2019-09-15, 10:27   Link #27
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

What about the Shichibukai? They were all mobilized for the war in Marineford so it's likely they'll call a few of them to help in Wano as well. This way the Marines can keep some of their forces at HQ.
Old 2019-09-15, 12:23   Link #28
Ramero

Best odds is Weevil and Mihawk. Hancock may got forbid by Nyon to pursue Luffy and Buggy... Let's just say he don't want to.

Weevil will go after Marco while Mihawk may got interest in Wano since he may yet to explore that land by himself.
Old 2019-09-15, 12:30   Link #29
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
What about the Shichibukai? They were all mobilized for the war in Marineford so it's likely they'll call a few of them to help in Wano as well. This way the Marines can keep some of their forces at HQ.
True, but given their track record of being disobedient and untrustworthy, I don't think they'd amount to much help. The WG has been bitten in the ass too many times because of them. And besides, the shichibukai system is doomed to be abolished if it hasn't happened already. With Vegapunk's newest invention, they're expendable according to Fujitora.
Old 2019-09-15, 17:36   Link #30
marvelB

Yeah, I was wondering about the Shichibukai, myself. An alliance between two of the Yonkou definitely sounds serious enough for the WG to mobilize them into action. Though, as BDK also pointed out, there's still that matter of Vegapunk's new mystery invention (probably Pacifista-related, I'm guessing) which may render the warlord system obsolete. And I think it's safe to say that from the marines' perspective, Vegapunk's alternative is going to look a lot more tempting to utilize than a bunch of loose cannon pirates.....

BTW, we definitely can't rule out CP0 involvement, either. They already met with Orochi once, they can most certainly return. Actually..... come to think of it, if the RA, CP0, and the Shichibukai DO show up for this war, maybe this is gonna point towards Luffy fighting alongside his film Stampede team?
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-15, 18:02   Link #31
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
True, but given their track record of being disobedient and untrustworthy, I don't think they'd amount to much help. The WG has been bitten in the ass too many times because of them. And besides, the shichibukai system is doomed to be abolished if it hasn't happened already. With Vegapunk's newest invention, they're expendable according to Fujitora.
Do we know if Vegapunk's new invention is ready to be deployed though? If it's not, they won't really have a choice.
Old 2019-09-17, 07:08   Link #32
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

so who is the spy inside the raid team?

and there is no way this current raid team could hold Kaido-Big Mom, right?

Zoro's new sword is cool though..
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote