AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series > Upcoming Archive

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2021-10-17, 08:21   Link #21
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That reminds me I should probably get started on my rewatch of W soon. I've forgotten quite a few things.
Old 2021-10-17, 09:27   Link #22
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
That reminds me I should probably get started on my rewatch of W soon. I've forgotten quite a few things.
The anime-onlies reactions will definitely be interesting. I'm not sure how much of actual content from the show the manga (and thereby the anime) will reference, but it'll be interesting to see how they handle it .

(I kind of want to see the Sonozaki's in anime form...)
Old 2021-10-17, 09:39   Link #23
iko_uwais

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
The anime-onlies reactions will definitely be interesting. I'm not sure how much of actual content from the show the manga (and thereby the anime) will reference, but it'll be interesting to see how they handle it .

(I kind of want to see the Sonozaki's in anime form...)
Volume 6 of the manga is actually a flashback to the Begin's night and shows what really happened there. Basically, it's the definitive version of the event and yes, all the Sonozaki appears during the flashback.
The series at least in the beginning, is generally new reader friendly, using Tokime as an audience surrogate to explain the powers of W and some of the background info from the TV series. As it goes on though, it starts to referenced past plot and charater including Foundation X, Never and Eternal.
Old 2021-10-18, 04:10   Link #24
iko_uwais

Character designs:
https://twitter.com/fuutokoushiki/st...vrNuNPmnA&s=19
Old 2021-10-18, 12:19   Link #25
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by iko_uwais View Post
Looking good .
Old 2022-02-26, 04:22   Link #26
iko_uwais

Futo Tantei anime website opened:

https://www.kamen-rider-official.com/fuuto/

PV:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xh969udK77A
*Japanese region only

Seiyuu:

Shotaro Hidari: Yoshimasa Hosoya

Philip: Koki Uchiyama

Tokime: Akira Sekine

Akiko Narumi: Mikako Komatsu

Ryu Terui: Makoto Furukawa

Bando Yukiji: Daisuke Ono

So yeah, for Shotaro, Philip, and Ryu, they're using the same seiyu as Memory of Heroez game.
Old 2022-02-26, 08:05   Link #27
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Mikako Komatsu as Akiko is surprising.
Old 2022-02-26, 08:15   Link #28
iko_uwais

Quote:
Mikako Komatsu as Akiko is surprising.
Just realized Mikako Komatsu also voiced Akiko in Memory of Heroez in a short scene, though only her voice is heard, Akiko doesn't appear physically. LOL, so basically MOH was a practice run of sort for this anime.
Old 2022-02-26, 09:09   Link #29
B214

The animation looks great. Feel like i will be able to enjoy this a lot.
Old 2022-02-26, 09:38   Link #30
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Looks good.
Old 2022-02-26, 10:21   Link #31
Frontier

I think most people expected they'd get the MoH VA's, but I think they did a solid job capturing the characters in the game so I can live with that .

The only issue with the trailer, which looks like W in animated form, is no Kamen Rider W. I want to see what W looks like animated .
Old 2022-02-26, 11:02   Link #32
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Color me surprised in how Philip and Akiko looks much more sensible in anime ...

I always felt like there's something missing with Philip and Akiko characters.
Philip with green hair and Akiko with anime eyes really fixed it; definitely something can't be done in live-action medium.

Hosoya did nice job with Shotaro, he sounds like a manlier live-action Shotaro.

Old 2022-02-26, 19:47   Link #33
iko_uwais

I'm glad they retain the MOH seiyu. Using professional seiyu is better anyway. Live action actor don't automatically make good voice actor as Suda himself proved when he was cast a lead seiyu in uchiage hanabi. Or Fumiya himself voicing Aruto in MOH. No, they're not bad, but compared to the other character voiced by actual seiyuu, they're mediocre.
Old 2022-02-26, 19:57   Link #34
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
The only issue with the trailer, which looks like W in animated form, is no Kamen Rider W. I want to see what W looks like animated .
I admit I'm very afraid he's going to be CGI.

I checked out the first chapter a while back and was pretty shocked to see nudity in it. Boobs in Kamen Rider? Madness! Of course it was the new girl, not Akiko, as I don't think that would fly (I'm actually surprised the characters look so much like the actors, except Ryu who's turned into a bishounen)
Old 2022-02-27, 00:36   Link #35
Frontier

Quote:
I'm glad they retain the MOH seiyu. Using professional seiyu is better anyway. Live action actor don't automatically make good voice actor as Suda himself proved when he was cast a lead seiyu in uchiage hanabi. Or Fumiya himself voicing Aruto in MOH. No, they're not bad, but compared to the other character voiced by actual seiyuu, they're mediocre.
Which is kind of ironic in light of the large amount of voice acting they have to do for the in-suit scenes. Although the voice direction might be a factor.
Quote:
I admit I'm very afraid he's going to be CGI.
I admit a part of me is concerned that they're holding off on showing Double's design or any Rider action because they know it'll be controversial if it's all in CG .
Quote:
I checked out the first chapter a while back and was pretty shocked to see nudity in it. Boobs in Kamen Rider? Madness! Of course it was the new girl, not Akiko, as I don't think that would fly (I'm actually surprised the characters look so much like the actors, except Ryu who's turned into a bishounen)
Well, at least fairly exposed boobs .
Old 2022-02-27, 00:53   Link #36
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Boobs in Kamen Rider? Madness!
Shin Kamen Rider says hi .

Also, I cannot miss a good Kuuga review:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2022-02-27, 02:23   Link #37
iko_uwais

Quote:
Which is kind of ironic in light of the large amount of voice acting they have to do for the in-suit scenes. Although the voice direction might be a factor.

I admit a part of me is concerned that they're holding off on showing Double's design or any Rider action because they know it'll be controversial if it's all in CG .

Well, at least fairly exposed boobs .
I think it's more because of Animation being far more limited in body and facial movement, sometimes having the seiyuu convey emotion wholly through their voice alone. With tokusatsu, there's still the stunt actors who are often master of body language. Stunt actors are far more expressive, obviously, compared to animations, thus allowing the actors a lot more room to work with.

BTW, in the MOH game, Daido/Eternal is voiced by Yūichi Nakamura. So, if the anime reached the point where he appeared in a flashback, we'll have Gojo Satoru voicing Daido lol.
Old 2022-02-27, 05:39   Link #38
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
I think it's more because of Animation being far more limited in body and facial movement.
It's usually the other way around. Anime characters are so expressive in terms of facial & body expression that live-action actors can't keep up. Why do you think it's hard to adapt anime into live-action?
Old 2022-02-27, 23:29   Link #39
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
I think it's more because of Animation being far more limited in body and facial movement, sometimes having the seiyuu convey emotion wholly through their voice alone. With tokusatsu, there's still the stunt actors who are often master of body language. Stunt actors are far more expressive, obviously, compared to animations, thus allowing the actors a lot more room to work with.

BTW, in the MOH game, Daido/Eternal is voiced by Yūichi Nakamura. So, if the anime reached the point where he appeared in a flashback, we'll have Gojo Satoru voicing Daido lol.
As Obelisk said, its the opposite though. I think Fourze is good example of this.
Gentaro is awkward to related compare to Shotaro and Eiji because he's so anime-ish, coming from Gurren Lagann writer who got no previous experience with tokusatsu.
Stronger limitation also goes to live-action instead. In anime and manga you're not risking damaging suits or stuntman physical prowess, so you can have vast selection of action to do.

Advantages of live-action is more to making it easier for audience to think something like, "Its possible to have this kind of power/attitude in real life".
Like how Japanese audience love Saber final scene where Touma got strength from IRL people, or like how most of Showa Riders are 'the nice guy who is everyone role model' that difficult to explain in manga.

It really helps that W writer is Riku Sanjo who also a mangaka.
Old 2022-03-01, 12:29   Link #40
Frontier

Quote:
He's Ultraman X and Kamen Rider Eternal .

Tags
kamen rider, tokusatsu