AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2024-01-15, 12:22   Link #21
scififan

The second episode feels like The devil is a part-timer. Although the devil is crushed by the angel, he still plans to get upper hand from her. The reason of the angel's rudeness seem to be her grown up environment. She swears to show her colleagues her capacity. It is the match of charming and seduction.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-15, 13:56   Link #22
Frontier

They did update the OP to show off Akutsu and Amane in their demon/angel forms respectively! Cool !

Well, Akutsu is really in a bind. He doesn't want to sell out his own race to Amane, but under the influence of her collar, he can't go against her and he gets turned into her errand boy, if only in his own kind of weird, dorky, way. I mean, who carries bottles under his shirt ?

Although Amane isn't completely immune herself. Even she has to draw the line at stepping on his butt !

You always have to watch out for the cop that hates couples! And Akutsu can't keep running from his situation, so he's stuck at least giving Amane the location of his brethren...and at least he'll get rewards out of it. Maybe. It really seems to depend on Amane's moods .

Akutsu's boss is Rie Kugimiya!? And she wears glasses!? Though Akutsu is seemingly the last hope for demonkind against those angel bullies, because they need a leader who can inspire them to finally fight back...too bad he's under the control of one of those bully angels and now has a tattoo that will severely limit his social status .

Amane talks about reforming Akutsu when it seems like she's the one who needs more reforming, though it appears she's so fixated on Akutsu because she thinks reforming a demon will gain her more prestige and she needs to prove herself to other angels. Seems like they mistreated her back in Heaven ?

I love how Akutsu and Amane are already on the offensive back at school using the same inspirational television program to try to out-flirt each other...and it's a critical hit for the both of them !

And then they're having a boxing match of flirting, represented by Akutsu as Masako Nozawa and Amane as Mayumi Tanaka, as they hit each other with all the best flirting moves and take some severe hits. It all culminates in Amane using a sacrificial play and Dempsey Roll level move to land on Akutsu in class, though neither of them counted on their teacher stopping the match to toss them out of class for all the flirting. Looks like the game will have to continue for another day .

Amane all dressed up for a date with Akutsu (or something like that)? And already getting pounced on by pick-up artists? I bet Akutsu will manage to get her out of this and earn more brownie points .
Old 2024-01-15, 15:47   Link #23
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Second episode was a lot better, this should be a good time.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-15, 18:11   Link #24
grecefar

this is a drop for me, 5 minutes in and I don't want to see the slave thing. For slave I already have the one with uncensored fanservice.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-15, 19:52   Link #25
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
this is a drop for me, 5 minutes in and I don't want to see the slave thing. For slave I already have the one with uncensored fanservice.
To be honest I think the second half implies the show is going to be less about her treating him as a slave and more the two of them trying to outdo Kaguya/Shirogane in terms of trying to get the other to fall in love harder first .
Old 2024-01-15, 20:16   Link #26
Alchemist007
*Author

I'm also getting mixed signals about this show. I was ready to drop if ep 2 was going to be more of ep 1, but the 2nd half gives it some hope.
Old 2024-01-16, 12:51   Link #27
Strahan

Funny how if you flip the genders, people would be outraged lol

Speaking of flipping, I guess they're going for angel = asshole, demon = nice person. Why have him bust her chains, only to be manhandled in less than a minute? I saw him bust out and thought it would be that they would end up in a truce and have to reluctantly work together (likely while trying to stick it to the other the whole time). That would've been interesting. But with him being her bitch, ehh. I guess I'll watch ep 2 and see since several people say it improves.

Edit: No, it didn't. I just hate both characters now, lol. Dropped.

Last edited by Strahan; 2024-01-16 at 13:05.
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-16, 13:11   Link #28
Estzero1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strahan View Post

The angel is an overbearing bitch and the demon gave up his principles in 30 seconds.
But is it not a bit quick and unfair to judge it yet. I mean, it is still unclear why she is doing what she doing. As for Akutsu, how gave he up his principles? He was willing to die for his kin, so in the end he got the best option there was.

What´s the answer to everything ?
Estzero1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-16, 16:51   Link #29
Strahan

Yea, I went back to get the exact wording to show what I mean and I realized that thanks to my being so over the episode and fast forwarding, I missed the line that explained he couldn't control what he was saying, so I was wrong about him. Episode two gave her motivation for why she is doing it; didn't help raise my opinion of her so I continue to see her as an overbearing bitch lol.

Though I guess in the long run I shouldn't be surprised that an angel dislikes a demon, even if she doesn't act very holy. I guess it just irritated me because he didn't do anything to deserve that. As she said, he was kind and even tried to protect her.

Problem is I didn't read genres going in so was not expecting it to be so much silly comedy, heh.
Old 2024-01-16, 18:00   Link #30
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strahan View Post
Yea, I went back to get the exact wording to show what I mean and I realized that thanks to my being so over the episode and fast forwarding, I missed the line that explained he couldn't control what he was saying, so I was wrong about him. Episode two gave her motivation for why she is doing it; didn't help raise my opinion of her so I continue to see her as an overbearing bitch lol.

Though I guess in the long run I shouldn't be surprised that an angel dislikes a demon, even if she doesn't act very holy. I guess it just irritated me because he didn't do anything to deserve that. As she said, he was kind and even tried to protect her.

Problem is I didn't read genres going in so was not expecting it to be so much silly comedy, heh.
I definitely get the sense that angels are pretty much just bullies in this setting .
Old 2024-01-16, 18:10   Link #31
Strahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I definitely get the sense that angels are pretty much just bullies in this setting .
Yea, I guess they are flipping the personalities to make it more amusing. I have to admit I did chuckle at the demon lady giving the talk showing how the angels "tactics" were asking demons to get drinks, then pouring them out lol

Reminds me of The Wheel of Time, when the Aiel punish you by making you dig holes, then fill them in lol. Pointless labors.
Old 2024-01-16, 18:41   Link #32
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I'm kind of glad for episode two. The first one made her look way too awful. Would be tough to get completely into it at that point. But this one was a bit more balanced. Mostly because she causes herself trouble via the "punishment" of that collar. Getting roped into S&M play despite realizing once she starts something like this that she won't be able to so easily stop it.

While it's not like she has a grand and good ambition, at least she is shown to have some issues with her own side. Might make it more plausible to have her at least turn her back on what the angels are doing if not switch sides entirely. Definitely has that Kaguya-sama style "I need the other side to fall" situation. Just with far higher stakes and potentially lives on the line.

But I'm far more up for this kind of relationship than the far darker one the first episode was leaning towards.
Old 2024-01-18, 00:46   Link #33
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

The whole "Characters fight vocally and the visuals shift constantly to some representative fighting" thing, I swear I saw in another anime before, and it sucked
And it sucked here too. I want to see the girl, not Goku and Luffy boxing. What's scary is that these two appear in the OP, so at worst, they are gonna do this presentation again in the future commonly

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-21, 08:16   Link #34
Alchemist007
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
The whole "Characters fight vocally and the visuals shift constantly to some representative fighting" thing, I swear I saw in another anime before, and it sucked
And it sucked here too. I want to see the girl, not Goku and Luffy boxing. What's scary is that these two appear in the OP, so at worst, they are gonna do this presentation again in the future commonly
I was speeding through those boxing scenes until someone else pointed that out. It's nice but I'm still going keep speeding in the future if it keeps coming up.
Old 2024-01-22, 11:57   Link #35
scififan

Although Lily is beloved, she minds been called short. The girl antagonizes Lily ends up making friends with her.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-22, 13:50   Link #36
Frontier

Akutsu was just waiting to make a dramatic entrance and ward off the pick-up artists from Amane, huh? Well, that's pretty on-brand...just like it's on-brand for Amane to smash a statue over his head .

Amane looks cute for her "totally not a date clothes," even Amane can't help but admire her a little...though he's not there to have fun, but to help Amane find demons to exorcise, not that he's happy about it. And so they travel through town, Amane eating sweets after sweets in the process, but to no avail. Amane is still a strict master for poor Akutsu .

Got to be mindful of not getting on Amane's bad side otherwise she'll give you the Finger or make you out to be lovers with your homeroom teacher .

When you didn't sense a high-ranking and dangerous demon but the class horndog who was stalking you because he was worried you were going out with the class angel. Watch out for Hirota .

Though Hirota has enough on his plate with his childhood friend (and self-proclaimed girlfriend) Yuka (I didn't know Nao Toyama was on this!) who doesn't care for him ditching her and cares even less for him getting chummy with another girl. Yuka is cute but also brassy and blunt, and she cuts Amane down to size by commenting on her short-stature, though then Amane matches in tow with letting her know about Hirota's multiple confessions towards her. What a fiery meeting !

And of course they got to the same school and of course Yuka wants to get chummy with Amane even when they're secretly taking digs at each other the whole time. What a great start to a friendship .

Poor Akutsu, the guys' are laughing at his love problems. I mean, why else would he be dreaming about a girl? Unless his dreams are prophetic .

It's obvious Yuka is genuinely interested in Hirota the way she wards off any girls that are interested in him, but why won't he date her? Other than the fact that she's voiced by Nao Toyama? Is it because she's so tough or strict with him ?

Akutsu fakes getting sick to get out of helping Amane, but that just leads to a day date with the girls as they try to one-up each other and make fun of the other for their size/figure all the while actually having genuine fun with each other. Even manage to get a purikura of them together !

Yuka genuinely finds Amane cute now and Amane enjoyed the time she spent with Yuka, so now they feel like real friends. Even if Yuka still gives Amane one last landmine in the end...she's the perfect gal pal for Amane .

It's sweet how Akutsu went out of his way to see Amane when he saw she was concerned about him...though less sweet is Amane finally finding a demon to exorcise. I love how she had to change into a cute outfit to do some demon slaying though .
Old 2024-01-25, 05:39   Link #37
EroKing

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2024-01-25, 14:45   Link #38
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by EroKing View Post
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
More romcom wackiness (and raunchiness) and the return of the boss !
Old 2024-01-29, 13:55   Link #39
Frontier

Amane is pretty fierce with that scythe! Just like her wolf demon opponent is fierce with his transformation sequence...into a humanoid form complete with an outfit that makes him look like a male stripper. Way to kill the vibe of this fight .

Poor Akutsu is stuck as a bystander scrambling for a way to stop this fight. What about the power of love!? Or the power of making yourself look like an idiot by engaging in a back-and-forth of feeling and making Amane totally disinterested to distract her!? To be honest I'm just surprised Akutsu with his exposed six-pack and bulge wasn't enough to stop Amane .

So the demon dog wasn't evil, he just had an obsession with spats...and kept confusing them with leggings. But even if Amane purified him, at least he got to see someone like Akutsu go to bat for him .

Amane's not heartless or out to exterminate devils, she purifies them and sends the dogs to an animal shelter so they're well-taken care of and can find a nice home. She even takes pics with them! It's enough to make Akutsu fall harder for her, and in complimenting her real self he delivers a critical hit to her as well !

Dang, Akutsu is so down bad for Amane he keeps having sexual fantasies of her, even in class...which is bad when he's got a teacher like that who keeps having to knock him upside the head .

When your boss surprises you in a school uniform! Liz wears it well! And then she just ends up staying the night in a sexy nightgown! Lucky Akutsu !

So Akutsu's going to practice getting people to come over to Hell by learning how to communicate with and get the info of women...which is easier said than done, but you just need a way to relate to them .

And of course he stumbles on Yuka and they end up drinking at a bar together (without alcohol mind you) and he even gives her advice on pursuing her feelings for Hirota while she's willing to support him with Amane. Pretty nice friendship moment between the two .

Of course that could've all been ruined if he had to flirt with her as part of his job exam...luckily Amane's slave collar makes him pounce on the bartender instead. Friendship intact, dignity...less so, but at least he got the job done and now feels more confident than ever to take on Amane. And Amane got her lazy day in .
Old 2024-01-29, 18:27   Link #40
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep4:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote