AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-10-15, 01:38   Link #21
musouka

I just got done seeing episode 2, and I was really happy with it. Even moreso than episode 1. I felt it really captured the emotions I felt when reading that particular fight in the manga.

And, of course
Spoiler:
ずっと変りはしない
Old 2004-10-15, 17:09   Link #22
GS^

Send a message via ICQ to GS^
Quote:
Originally Posted by musouka
I just got done seeing episode 2, and I was really happy with it. Even moreso than episode 1. I felt it really captured the emotions I felt when reading that particular fight in the manga.
Episode 1 is really great! I hope next ones will be even better... but, is it already a RAW of episode 2? :?:
Old 2004-10-16, 06:09   Link #23
sangofe

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaitojeanne2
Someone know if this serie will appear on torrents soon?? thanks guys
If my group gets a good editor, translator and timer we'd be ready to do ring ni kakeru.
So if you're either of these please pm me
Old 2004-10-17, 18:11   Link #24
AndrewLB
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to AndrewLB Send a message via AIM to AndrewLB Send a message via MSN to AndrewLB
http://andrewlb.com/?s=sub&ser=ring

Fucking finally got the script for episode one finished.

It be unedited and I was really unsure about some stuff at the beginning, but whatever.

Oh, and please, someone who actually knows Japanese, EDIT my script.
It's all there. Not difficult. Even if it's only a few lines. Just please, please, please edit it.

http://www.andrewlb.com/wiki/pukiwik...akero%20ep%201

Here, it's up on a wiki too! Makes it VERY easy to edit. Please, oh God, please edit it.

Last edited by AndrewLB; 2004-10-17 at 18:23.
Old 2004-10-17, 18:41   Link #25
AndrewLB
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to AndrewLB Send a message via AIM to AndrewLB Send a message via MSN to AndrewLB
Ring ni Kakero

Yo. I'm awful at Japanese, so I'm realistic. You can't edit hard subs.

http://andrewlb.com/?s=sub&ser=ring

Here's the script for Ring ni Kakero episode 1. Lots of errors, lots of comments, but guess what!

You can edit it!
Yes!
You!

http://www.andrewlb.com/wiki/pukiwik...akero%20ep%201

See, I put the script on a wiki. That's right, a wiki. That way, if you notice an error, you to can be part of the whole process of getting an accurately translated script out! Oh my God!
I did this with Elfenlied before, and it was an awful failure. People just hardsubbed my scripts and didn't edit it. So I'm doing it with an unlicensed show this time, and I'm making it all that much easier to edit.

So please folks, if you know some Japanese (at least more than I do, which isn't difficult), please edit this. I want the experiment to work this time.
Old 2004-10-17, 19:20   Link #26
clem-kun
Shi-Fa Staff

Send a message via AIM to clem-kun
*starts editing right away*
Old 2004-10-17, 20:40   Link #27
AndrewLB
Banned

Thanks man. The more people editing the script, the better.

Hopefully, if enough people edit it and if it becomes semi-well known, we might end up with decent scripts in the end.

And the awesome thing is that it's like, 40kbs to redownload a new version, not 200mb. Ah, the wonder of scripts.

Not only that, but I can "sub" a show (poorly, but hey), and not be a fansubber.
Old 2004-10-17, 20:48   Link #28
_yeah
poseur

Admit it, Andrew, you're just in denial.
Old 2004-10-17, 20:52   Link #29
AndrewLB
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by _yeah
Admit it, Andrew, you're just in denial.
Says the person who goes to big boys high school and calls it university!

U of T > Ryerson

Kidding (sorta), well, meant in fun, at least.

Anyway, as I said in IRC, it's not fansubbing. It's just putting a text file on my website. It's a very detailed summary, if you will. With times. And arranged in a unique format that just happens by chance to be compatible with subtitle software.
Old 2004-10-18, 04:02   Link #30
sangofe

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewLB
Says the person who goes to big boys high school and calls it university!

U of T > Ryerson

Kidding (sorta), well, meant in fun, at least.

Anyway, as I said in IRC, it's not fansubbing. It's just putting a text file on my website. It's a very detailed summary, if you will. With times. And arranged in a unique format that just happens by chance to be compatible with subtitle software.

great andrew, but,
as mb should've told you already you wont have to do ring ni kakeru anymore as we plan on subbing that.
-We should get you ashita no joe raws soon enough as well, just waiting for raw providors reply
Old 2004-10-18, 17:18   Link #31
GS^

Send a message via ICQ to GS^
What about episode 2? Impressions?
Old 2004-10-19, 11:06   Link #32
DarkLordDragon
Lord Of Darkness

Send a message via MSN to DarkLordDragon
Thanks Sogetsu-San for the pics and your opinion about this anime, honestly I didn't see it yet I wish if somebody sub that I think it will be better, the art style is just same as Saint Seiya! but to be honest I am not happy about Toei choosing this anime over the second part of Saint Seiya! Have they forgotten Masami's Best work, I am sure this anime will not last long as Saint Seiya even though I wish to see it more, but Saint Seiya is my #1 I heard they didn't make the Hades because they were busy with this anime, guys does this anime deserves to cover the great moment in Saint Seiya Hades the second part (Rhadamanthys vs Kanon, Thanatos & Hypnos, Minos & Aiacos...etc)

Well looks good but wish Toei thinks about Saint Seiya again... and thanks Sogetsu
Old 2004-10-28, 06:23   Link #33
kurri

Send a message via MSN to kurri
I got around 45 Ashita no Joe raws so far :P
My group are working on it that show trouble with the translator though , so only got 1 episode done :/
Old 2004-11-01, 18:56   Link #34
EV|RockLee
Rock Lee PWNz

Send a message via AIM to EV|RockLee Send a message via MSN to EV|RockLee
episode 4 = PWN4GE

seriously, people are subbing crap like Viewtiful Joe (ok, i realize it's based on an awesome game), but not this?
Old 2004-11-02, 00:06   Link #35
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

Quote:
Originally Posted by EV|RockLee
episode 4 = PWN4GE

seriously, people are subbing crap like Viewtiful Joe (ok, i realize it's based on an awesome game), but not this?
So what do you mean?

Was it good or was it bad?

BTW, when are you guys going to release the first episode of this anime? The spanish and frensh fansubbers are already subbing it since it came out.
Old 2004-11-02, 12:15   Link #36
AndrewLB
Banned

I released the script for ep 1 a while ago, and there have been some people editing it too.

No idea why no one else seems interested in doing the series.
Old 2004-11-04, 23:03   Link #37
EV|RockLee
Rock Lee PWNz

with 5 episodes having aired and being released RAW, i've lost hope in RnK being subbed. If it is subbed, it will be by some super-slow group (not to say they're bad, but for obvious reasons)
Old 2004-11-05, 00:17   Link #38
NeverRamza

Well personally I'm just dripping with anticipation to buy some nice hot and fresh Hong Kong bootlegs the minute they become available.

Old 2004-11-05, 00:23   Link #39
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

Could anyone tell me why a series such as this one is not as popular as any other ramdom anime that gets fansubbed?

This anime is very popular among the spanish and european community. Why it isn't famous in the US?

It looks like someone casted a negative spell on Kurumada to make him such an underrated anime director...

The same thing happened to Saint seiya... Oh well... Frustating isn't it?
Old 2004-11-06, 16:25   Link #40
EV|RockLee
Rock Lee PWNz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugetsu
Could anyone tell me why a series such as this one is not as popular as any other ramdom anime that gets fansubbed?

This anime is very popular among the spanish and european community. Why it isn't famous in the US?

It looks like someone casted a negative spell on Kurumada to make him such an underrated anime director...

The same thing happened to Saint seiya... Oh well... Frustating isn't it?
that "someone" would be dic.

they ruined the american version of Saint Seiya so horribly, you can bearly call them the same show. it was called Knights of the Zodiac Stateside.

Saints were refered to as knights
(red)blood was refered to as (green) mystic energy
Hyoga was a surfer accent
Closed Thread