AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2004-10-09, 09:20   Link #21
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

yup, it seems there are two Lacus(es) in the ED? what? Lacus cloning? an army of Lacuses? lol that'd be funny

Last edited by dreamless; 2004-10-09 at 09:46.
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-09, 09:22   Link #22
Inuzuka
now with 20% more ego!

Send a message via MSN to Inuzuka
:topicoff:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
yup, it seems there are two Lacus(es) in the ED? what? Lacus cloning? an amry of Lacuses? lol that'd be funny
I wouldn't mind honestly
Inuzuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-09, 09:31   Link #23
DwArD
mAnIaC

Er...the opening....Its Athrun and Lacus....not Shinn and Lacus! And I only saw Lacus 3 times in the opening and once in the ending! The other girls you guys saw in the ending is Lunamaria and her sis....damn...forgot her name again....

Just watched the ep...all I can say is......I can't wait for the next episode!!!
Old 2004-10-09, 09:34   Link #24
Realist_Classic
Casual prosumer of anime

The pink Gundam is Cagalli's Rouge Strike.

The darkened bridge is the bridge of the Minerva. Yay for darkened bridges, definitely more serious looking. No boucing Haros at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao
Let me try and list all the scenes in the OP involving people so we can make more silly predictions about relationsihps and so on (btw, can we make a new SEED DESTINY thread?)[
Realist_Classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-09, 09:39   Link #25
LynnieS

Gundam SEED Destiny

Did a quck search to see if there's a separate "Destiny" thread yet, and none appeared. Better than making the existing "Protagonist" thread even longer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
yup, it seems there are two Lacus(es) in the ED? what? Lacus cloning? an amry of Lacuses? lol that'd be funny
The artists in the first series liked to play with people's heads, it seems, so who knows? They're probably back to doing it all over again. From the original series, Kira would have to do something pretty drastic and downright stupid since then to get Lacus away.

An army of Lacus clones? Now that's a scary thought.

Very Hong Kong action flick-like gunplay during the EA hijacking. Stella was really scary looking with her knife and gun.

They brought in Rouge IWSP in the OP also. Does that mean they're going to show the MSV mecha in here, I wonder?

Currently listening: Nadda
Currently reading: Procrastination for the win!
Currently playing: "Quest of D", "Border Break" and "Gundam Senjou no Kizuna".
Waiting for: "Shining Force Cross"!

Last edited by LynnieS; 2004-10-09 at 09:43. Reason: Corrected mecha with thanks to srb
LynnieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-09, 09:41   Link #26
LynnieS

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao
Let me try and list all the scenes in the OP involving people so we can make more silly predictions about relationsihps and so on (btw, can we make a new SEED DESTINY thread?)
Just did it. The thread is here.

Currently listening: Nadda
Currently reading: Procrastination for the win!
Currently playing: "Quest of D", "Border Break" and "Gundam Senjou no Kizuna".
Waiting for: "Shining Force Cross"!
LynnieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-09, 09:41   Link #27
srb
I can see time itself!

Send a message via MSN to srb
That's just not the Strike Rouge - that's the Strike Rogue IWSP. Integrated Weapons Striker Pack.
srb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-09, 09:50   Link #28
DwArD
mAnIaC

Those are not Lacus! They're Lunamaria and her sis!
Old 2004-10-09, 10:09   Link #29
HaRoRuleZ
Gundam Collector

I think the mods may like to extract today's posts here then make up a new Phase 1 discussion thread.
HaRoRuleZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-09, 10:16   Link #30
wao
OK.

Made the changes. Sorry about the Shin/Athrun thing, that was pure lack of attention on my part. Anyway, watched the ep... I am most interested in what Cagalli's saying... I wish they wouldn't portray her as so dependant on Athrun. :z
Also... stupid boob thing with Shinn and Stellar.... and we didn't hear much of Shinn either... blah blah...

Okay, now time for the Silly-Relationships-Guessing game from the OP.

Spoiler:

I know this is absolutely stupid, pointless and annoying so this should be SPAM, but this is so fun and mindless and ridiculous :P Everything is purely based on stupid assumptions and huge presumptions, and it's really... pointless! It's not like everything in the OP means something and it's not like it'll change later, either. S'all in the name of stupid fun and predicting formula series like Gundam SEED Destiny
But seriously speaking I think some things are very apparent.
Spoiler:

I'll just sit and wait for the next ep patiently then, all will be revealed in due time.
Old 2004-10-09, 10:16   Link #31
Blaat

So how was the first episode; amazing, good, okay?
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-09, 10:19   Link #32
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

I think what we need is not a new thread, but a new forum already... a thread with almost 500 posts before the anime even airs, that's some crazy popularity

I'm sure there will be a crazy amount of more posts coming when more people have seen the first episode and the OP/ED
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-09, 10:20   Link #33
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat
So how was the first episode; amazing, good, okay?
Well, if you like Athrun and Cagalli, it's great since that's pretty much what most of the episode concentrates on... Other than that you see a few glimpses of the new characters, Gilbert Dullindal reminds everyone of Char Aznable, and some funky firefight, and a bunch of mutilated bodies (and a detached arm) in the beginning.

Of course, being a first episode, the animation is excellent compared to the later half of SEED's. Don't know how the future episodes will be like though since the quality generally decline after this.

Quote:
Did a quck search to see if there's a separate "Destiny" thread yet, and none appeared. Better than making the existing "Protagonist" thread even longer.
Time for a Destiny forum? You know we'll be needing one...
Old 2004-10-09, 10:21   Link #34
wao
OK.

Personally I thoguht the first ep was okay, nothing amazing really, maybe I'm just used to all this angst stuff and I knew what was coming (The experience of watching this sort of stuff week-by-week and watching it all at one go on VCD is quite different)

Can't comment on the Gundams due to my severe lack of knowledge in that area... The Shinn accidentally poking Stellar's boob thing was a bit silly...

The most intriguing part was the OP :P Decent OP but I'm a bit sick of TMR, kind of... and my raw had the ads shown too, that was interesting TMR in a ZAFT suit?!!

Also I am C + Ping my absolutely stupid character relationship based on OP thingy here. Could the moderators kindly delete the posts from the other thread.

Spoiler for whatever:

Spoiler:

I know this is absolutely stupid, pointless and annoying so this should be SPAM, but this is so fun and mindless and ridiculous :P Everything is purely based on stupid assumptions and huge presumptions, and it's really... pointless! It's not like everything in the OP means something and it's not like it'll change later, either. S'all in the name of stupid fun and predicting formula series like Gundam SEED Destiny
But seriously speaking I think some things are very apparent.
Spoiler:

I'll just sit and wait for the next ep patiently then, all will be revealed in due time.
Old 2004-10-09, 10:24   Link #35
brightman
Ancient Member

BTW, the entire OP is here: http://www.armycats.com/flash/gundamsdop1.html

And the two Lacus's in the ED:
Spoiler:

Unless the first one's not Lacus but a lookalike with the same fashion sense as her....

Last edited by brightman; 2004-10-09 at 10:35.
brightman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-09, 10:37   Link #36
ZGMF-X10A
Tsukiyomi -Moon Phase-

Send a message via MSN to ZGMF-X10A
BEST ANIME EVER... they have fighting already in first episode :O this is amazing ... can't wait until 2nd episode ><
ZGMF-X10A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-09, 10:42   Link #37
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One
Spoiler:
Well, its a classic Gundam thing. The first Gundam did it, The ZZ Gundam did it, the Victory Gundam did it. So its nothing new... Especially since Power Rangers (actually the Sentai combination robots) and Gundam originated from the same Super Robot genre.
Old 2004-10-09, 10:46   Link #38
Realist_Classic
Casual prosumer of anime

Hrm, if the ending and opening sequences are supposed to give away the story, then a cloned Lacus might actually be a possibility.

Look at the OP: no other character gets a double animation. That helpless one hiding behind Athrun must be the evil one! :P
Realist_Classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-09, 10:47   Link #39
sarcasteak
WAHA~

All his characters look too similar...it's driving me nuts! >_<

But I will probably still end up watching it...*sigh*
sarcasteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-09, 10:51   Link #40
ZGMF-X10A
Tsukiyomi -Moon Phase-

Send a message via MSN to ZGMF-X10A
hmmm cloning of lucus... i'll check the ending again... but these clips on opening and ending are hurting my head so many possiblities... O.o

kira and calgari naked and kira and lucus naked... wtf kira and calgari are bother and sisters... O.o
ZGMF-X10A is offline   Reply With Quote