AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2004-11-05, 03:59   Link #21
DwArD
mAnIaC

I highly doubt storage is the main reason here. How many experienced pilots are there on Minerva now? There's only Rey, Lunamaria, Shinn and Athrun. Similarly, we only know of 4 MS in Minerva right now. Cool seems like a factor......or maybe the designer for the Gundams ran out of ideas? Seriously, its hard work to come out with so many designs for the Gundams.

Anyway, about what if the Chest and Leg Flyer got shot down.....well, if that's so, then God Bless Shinn....better hope he's a pilot in the air force previously . I still find it hard to imagine how Shinn gonna evade the 3 Gundams with just the core splendor. Either way, he gonna need hell lot of skills evade all those attacks. I guess its just sooner or later that Shinn will face THAT problem. Neo and the 3 EA pilots won't be so stupid to just sit there and let Shinn assembled the Impulse. But it'll be a lot cooler if Shinn can sort of remote-controlled the Leg and Chest Flyer like how Justice controlled its backpack. Imagine the Leg and Chest Flyer flying about in the middle of a battlefied.......
Old 2004-11-05, 06:21   Link #22
gunners2787
Lok-ke Hokage

Send a message via ICQ to gunners2787 Send a message via AIM to gunners2787 Send a message via MSN to gunners2787 Send a message via Yahoo to gunners2787
You guys know what.... during the Impulse is "Assembling" it kinda reminds me of Voltron... any of you guys here see Voltron? the 5 lions combined to become a huge powerful MS which can take out anything within seconds with the Laser Sword..? they just need to add the Voltron music and I think Gundam Seed Destiny can change their title to Voltron Seed Destiny...

About the parts.... i think there is never a chance that it could get shot down or interupted during the assembling...LOL... i mean like.. during the first episod... you see when he asked for the "Silhoutte" (i hope i spell it right) .. where the hell is Chaos and Abyss.. i thought they were fighting like hell and all of a sudden.. all of them are stunned with process when Impulse assembling? Or, either the assembling process is at the speed of light.. remember how SmallVille works? everything move at slow motion and the main character move normally and this proves that you are moving at super high speed.. I think Impulse is like that in order to not get shot during the assembling...
If that is really what's going on i think Sting and Auel would say

Auel : hey sting, let's shoot that trash can down!
Sting : Oh no! Auel. You shoot him. I shoot you.
Auel : What is wrong with you?
Sting : That is the coolest thing I ever seen...(stunned)
Auel : You know what Sting, I think you are right!
Sting : Man, I wish my MS could do that kinda thing
Auel : Hey! let's us asked whether Minerva wants 2 new MS
Sting : Allright! let's go Auel.... but what about Gaia?
Auel : To hell with Gaia, anyway.. Stellar is physco.. she won't get jailed.
Sting : Allright then...

Last edited by gunners2787; 2004-11-05 at 06:32.
gunners2787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-05, 08:36   Link #23
DwArD
mAnIaC

Haha...interesting....just take note that Chaos and Abyss belong to ZAFT in the first place...and Stellar is not a psycho! You won't want to say that in front of a die-hard-Stellar-fan!
Old 2004-11-05, 12:00   Link #24
gunners2787
Lok-ke Hokage

Send a message via ICQ to gunners2787 Send a message via AIM to gunners2787 Send a message via MSN to gunners2787 Send a message via Yahoo to gunners2787
Well, that 3 sicko stole those MS and that makes them belong to the Masked Pervert who sits at the chair in the space shooting at everyone he sees and encounter. So by offering them to Minerva that means the MS now belongs to Earth Alliance? LOL! Then, by that way then and only then if IMPULSE happen to be shot down by some freak which is pissed looking the assembling process or maybe Minerva itself... Shinn will have extra MS to pilot.. meanwhile.. sting and auel wants something that could be assemble in mid air.. ok... just give them something that could be assemble during mid air... Split all the Zaku parts and send those 2 flying in the air together with the split parts and tell them to assemble it by themself... of course when you toss them out of Minerva you gave them the screw-drivers and stuffs..... or maybe Minerva will give them the Assembling Instruction that is included in every GUNDAM MODEL you buy!

Shinn : A Hashin, B Hashin, C Hashin.... All system go! Shinn Asuka Ikimas?
Miverva : OMG! we have to stop everything just to see IMPULSE get assemble?
Shinn : Hey! don't complaint. That is my advantage of being the MAIN CHARACTER
that gets to sleep with all the sexy gurls so stop whinning.
Minerva : I'm so going to give him the different pack when ask for something.
*Impulse Assembling*
Talia : That's it! I've had it! Battle Station, Aim, Lohengrin, 60 Degrees UP!, Let's
blast the hell out of that crap! I'm getting sick and tired of the assembling
crap! Lohengrin....Teaaah!
*Impulse and Shinn melts together*
Minerva : Holy Shit! Impulse had evaporated! Oh captain.. you're done.. what are
you going to tell the HQ?
Talia : Oh what the hell, did you see Minerva's Lohengrin blast Impulse BUTT?
anyone ? anyone?
Minerva Crew : Captain, I saw everything
*Gunshot*
Talia : Just said that the assembling process is too long, Impulse got his butt
blasted and Shinn in MIA...btw, anyone else "saw" everything?

Remember the scene where Fraga got evaporated just trying to be a hero? .. The melting sequence is something like that but instead of the Lohengrin comes from in front.. this one came from behind.. straight up Impulse BUTT... and instead of showing Shinn dying happily ... they would show his pissed off face with this phrase "What the F**k"...

(The 3 sickos doesn't mean Stellar because someone up there .. told me that he is a die hard fan of Stellar... Well, I'm too... when she is undress)
gunners2787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-05, 15:19   Link #25
Mgz
Madlax fanboyz

Send a message via Yahoo to Mgz
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunners2787
[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Comic Sans MS]You guys know what.... during the Impulse is "Assembling" it kinda reminds me of Voltron... any of you guys here see Voltron? the 5 lions combined to become a huge powerful MS which can take out anything within seconds with the Laser Sword..? ]

a big OHHHHHHHH ... so that ANIME/MANGA is called VOLTRON... ( I read it in manga in Vietnamese and it's called "Hesman Warrior", no idea what it is called in English through...interesting at first but got bored after a while.... and aslo I DID get a bit of deja vu when i first time saw Impulse assembled like that...

the remoted-controlled ideas is kool. --> Impulse should get eqquiped gun/missisle on its leg, now...
Mgz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-05, 19:07   Link #26
Evan
天使我爱你

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunners2787
Well, that 3 sicko stole those MS and that makes them belong to the Masked Pervert who sits at the chair in the space shooting at everyone he sees and encounter. So by offering them to Minerva that means the MS now belongs to Earth Alliance? LOL! Then, by that way then and only then if IMPULSE happen to be shot down by some freak which is pissed looking the assembling process or maybe Minerva itself... Shinn will have extra MS to pilot.. meanwhile.. sting and auel wants something that could be assemble in mid air.. ok... just give them something that could be assemble during mid air... Split all the Zaku parts and send those 2 flying in the air together with the split parts and tell them to assemble it by themself... of course when you toss them out of Minerva you gave them the screw-drivers and stuffs..... or maybe Minerva will give them the Assembling Instruction that is included in every GUNDAM MODEL you buy!

Shinn : A Hashin, B Hashin, C Hashin.... All system go! Shinn Asuka Ikimas?
Miverva : OMG! we have to stop everything just to see IMPULSE get assemble?
Shinn : Hey! don't complaint. That is my advantage of being the MAIN CHARACTER
that gets to sleep with all the sexy gurls so stop whinning.
Minerva : I'm so going to give him the different pack when ask for something.
*Impulse Assembling*
Talia : That's it! I've had it! Battle Station, Aim, Lohengrin, 60 Degrees UP!, Let's
blast the hell out of that crap! I'm getting sick and tired of the assembling
crap! Lohengrin....Teaaah!
*Impulse and Shinn melts together*
Minerva : Holy Shit! Impulse had evaporated! Oh captain.. you're done.. what are
you going to tell the HQ?
Talia : Oh what the hell, did you see Minerva's Lohengrin blast Impulse BUTT?
anyone ? anyone?
Minerva Crew : Captain, I saw everything
*Gunshot*
Talia : Just said that the assembling process is too long, Impulse got his butt
blasted and Shinn in MIA...btw, anyone else "saw" everything?

Remember the scene where Fraga got evaporated just trying to be a hero? .. The melting sequence is something like that but instead of the Lohengrin comes from in front.. this one came from behind.. straight up Impulse BUTT... and instead of showing Shinn dying happily ... they would show his pissed off face with this phrase "What the F**k"...

(The 3 sickos doesn't mean Stellar because someone up there .. told me that he is a die hard fan of Stellar... Well, I'm too... when she is undress)
I would looooooove to see this kinda scene in Destiny.....lol....really
Evan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-06, 01:08   Link #27
F!reStr!fe
Unlimited Blade Works...

Send a message via AIM to F!reStr!fe
This is something like in Gundam Wing where Wing Gundam would transform and no one would do anything while it was....... I swear its like everytime they see it transform its like Holy Crap thats F****** awesome! watching it.......
Like shoot that thing already.....

The one thing that would be hilarious is if something got jammed in between the units while it was assembling.

My Current Animes: Welcome to the NHK, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, Coyote Ragtime Show, Bokura Ga Ita, .hack//roots
F!reStr!fe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-06, 04:43   Link #28
DwArD
mAnIaC

Haha....yeah...imagine what happens to Impulse when it accidentally 'crush' a bird who was flying happily in between the Leg and Chest Flyer while Impulse is assembling......while on Earth. Moral of the story......never fly in between Impulse while it is still assembling. Period.
Old 2004-11-06, 05:36   Link #29
srb
I can see time itself!

Send a message via MSN to srb
But if you shoot the Wing Gundam nothing happens since it's nigh-invincible.

Unless you're happening to pilot a "Gundam".

Impulse combines because kids love combining mecha and Bandai wants their money, this is the real reason.

Now, seeing as Impulse is much more traditional than the three stolen units, as well as having the Minerva dedicated to ferry it around, it might be that it's being tested as a mass-production unit. PLANT has less population and therefore less pilots so they'd probably want to be able to use all their high-powered mobile suits with their best pilots - this worked in Victory but it had a different setup where the core fighter was the torso minus arms and outer armor so it looks really troublesome exchanging any part except the legs in Destiny.

The Silhouette system with interchangeable equipment delivered by a remote-controlled drone is superior to the system used by Strike which had the Striker packs either catapulted straight out from the ship or ferried around by Sky Graspers. I don't think the Impulse's separation system is however, and I've already said why they have it - you need some suspension of disbelief here guys :P

Also, the Zaku's aren't ugly. Their only fault is that they have Gouf spikes instead of Zaku spikes on their shields

And regarding the Earth task force being eradicated by the mobile suits in SEED:

These ships were designed to combat something entirely else, namely other ships. The Earth Alliance probably had the same attitude as the Earth Federation had in MSG, namely "Big Guns, Bigger Ships". They're not built to combat mobile suits and lack the sufficient CIWS weapons to do so. And really, the Agamemnon-class cruisers are big and look respectful but it's only armed with two dual-barreled Gottfried beam cannons since it serves as a Moebius carrier and flag ship.

Also, some MS do have ejectable cockpit pods, especially the ones with them located in the head (Rick-Dias, Sazabi, hell the whole head of the Zeong can eject) but not many of the ones with standard cockpits in the torso. A MS pilot is supposed to either retreat and regroup, get out of the MS or die fighting. You can't blast the cockpit through the torso.

And for the colours of the weapons:

Yellow: Ballistic rounds, railguns or cannons.
Green: Energy beams.
Red with blue and white: Really powerful energy beam - everything from the 320mm Agni cannon of Strike to the gamma ray laser of GENESIS have this colour.
srb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-06, 14:33   Link #30
F!reStr!fe
Unlimited Blade Works...

U forgot Beam Sabers are Pink

O yea speaking of Voltron u guys remeber Power Rangers Mega Zords

My Current Animes: Welcome to the NHK, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, Coyote Ragtime Show, Bokura Ga Ita, .hack//roots
Old 2004-11-06, 15:14   Link #31
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

well, I hope they can later launch the Impulse combined, like Victory, later on it almost never launch uncombined, the docking/separation mechanism is used very well to evade attacks and make some unorthodoxical attacks and escape direct hits, so if it's the same for Impulse later on then I won't complain. So far the two combination sequence are not so bad, considering for the first one you can say that they are not prepare and they need to launch immediately, and for the second one they need to separate it to do some repairs and they combine it outside of battle.
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-06, 21:38   Link #32
srb
I can see time itself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by F!reStr!fe
U forgot Beam Sabers are Pink :
Nuh-uh! The Strike Daggers and Aegis use yellow beam sabers, and the beams in Sword Calamity's and CGUE DEEP Arms swords are green. There is no official explanation for the colour inconsistency, although in UC there were both pink and yellow beam shots and sabers later on but SEED has been very consistent with the colours of the weapons, except the beam sabers.

There's also been a few mishaps, most recently in SEED D episode 2 when a few DINN:s fire and you hear their machinegun sounds - but green beams are emitted
Old 2004-11-06, 22:02   Link #33
F!reStr!fe
Unlimited Blade Works...

Quote:
Originally Posted by srb
Nuh-uh! The Strike Daggers and Aegis use yellow beam sabers, and the beams in Sword Calamity's and CGUE DEEP Arms swords are green. There is no official explanation for the colour inconsistency, although in UC there were both pink and yellow beam shots and sabers later on but SEED has been very consistent with the colours of the weapons, except the beam sabers.

There's also been a few mishaps, most recently in SEED D episode 2 when a few DINN:s fire and you hear their machinegun sounds - but green beams are emitted
Just lets say its like Star Wars lol........
Color coordinated sabers

as for jamming something in between
Auel and company would be like,
"Hey hes combining, lets throw a rock in between"
*rock hits and jams Impulse*
Shinn " OMG Impulse is malfuntioning and AAHH a cockpit fire!!!"
Auel and Company, "Yay we win end of story..... o wait we cant end it here .... i wont make any money... doh!"

Old 2004-11-07, 05:06   Link #34
srb
I can see time itself!

Hmm, I don't think a rock would interrupt the combining sequence actually, and it would most likely be crushed by the top flyer and bottom flyer.

Unless it was a very big rock.
Old 2004-11-07, 14:29   Link #35
Keppers

It sounds like a really good way to flatten a penny to me
Keppers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-07, 22:28   Link #36
F!reStr!fe
Unlimited Blade Works...

U kno something shouldnt Impulse be more agile than Strike because of all those extra boosters it has? because look at it the upper body has boosters the lower body has boosters and the core splendor has boosters and each one has to carry its own part self sufficently. Doesnt that make it have more like speed or something?

Old 2004-11-08, 05:59   Link #37
tyranimo
Sue me, Why don't you?

Send a message via AIM to tyranimo
actually,

it somehow brings back memories of TV anime *shivers*.

If anyone knows Macron-1 or something.
where the planes go into a bigger plane which become a zord or something.

and the all horrifying themesong
"ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-ma-macron 1, ma-ma-ma macron-1"

gawd ><
tyranimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-08, 06:44   Link #38
toka

I really don't like the new launching system. But it has its benefits.

First, what I dislike is that it seems to take longer time than any other gundam from it launches until it operational for battle. That is ok as long as battles can be predicted, but that's not always so. Consider that it was Shinn, and not Rey that was "left behind" and had to launch manually...

The changing of armament during battle is quite nice, the only downside is that it takes time.

I'd rather prefer a system where the GUNDAM was assmebled in the ship instead of mid-air. Then it can change during battle to meet the needs. Supply of missiles and so on.

-- toka
toka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-08, 07:01   Link #39
srb
I can see time itself!

Yes, it would be more beneficial if it could be assembled inside of the ship and still be taken apart for maintenance. It couldn't be that hard to put in a crane that can lift up the pieces :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by F!ireStrife
U kno something shouldnt Impulse be more agile than Strike because of all those extra boosters it has? because look at it the upper body has boosters the lower body has boosters and the core splendor has boosters and each one has to carry its own part self sufficently. Doesnt that make it have more like speed or something?
Impulse is both faster and more agile than Strike thanks to more powerful thrusters, a better OS and more vernier thrusters. It's like SEED's version of the RX-178 Gundam Mk II, except it has stupid combination system :P