Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2005-12-24, 22:14   Link #21
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ionoreally
uhm... Can some1 tell me what player can play MPEG4 movies? 'Cause I can't play the 1-2 ep by FB.
Thanks in advance ^^
Well you probably need to install the codecs. You should probably use the Playback help page that Animesuki has provided.

http://www.animesuki.com/doc.php/help/playback.html
Old 2005-12-25, 01:00   Link #22
FlyByNite

I remembered reading the short manga story of this a few years back I remember it just being the stuff from OVA 1. Was OVA 2 something new? Or was it done in a manga story as well? I don't remember any of that stuff.

and its funny how times can change now whenever I heard Pedro I kept waiting for a Napolean Dynamite joke... lol
Old 2005-12-25, 02:55   Link #23
xxxplizit
triple-echhi

Send a message via AIM to xxxplizit Send a message via MSN to xxxplizit Send a message via Yahoo to xxxplizit
Yeah, I can't load the Ep 1+2 (Froth Bite) video either (sound plays though), even with the mp4 codecs, MPC, and Matroska codecs. I can read other mp4 formats but can't view the video for this for some reason.

I only downloaded the Ep1-only. The shirt series seem fun, and of course, it's by the genius Ken Akamatsu. LOL
Old 2005-12-25, 03:04   Link #24
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

I'm reserving to watch this tommorrow.

Err, today now lol it's midnight....
Old 2005-12-25, 03:13   Link #25
PsychItsMike

Send a message via AIM to PsychItsMike
Woah... after watching the first ep it kinda seems like they are on crack or something. Not bad but seems really fast paced. If they dared to make it into a series, they would have to slow it down a lot or everyone would end up with seizures X_X
Old 2005-12-25, 08:24   Link #26
Angelic Cross
Soul-eating Librarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by =FlyByNite
I remembered reading the short manga story of this a few years back I remember it just being the stuff from OVA 1. Was OVA 2 something new? Or was it done in a manga story as well? I don't remember any of that stuff.
Yup, the second episode was all new, as well as the upcoming one. Oh, and is it just me or does the reindeer mecha's face from the 3rd episode preview look like the GP02's from Gundam 0083?
Old 2005-12-25, 22:46   Link #27
Taoku
Ore Futatabi Sanjou

The first 6 mins.:

Akamatsu-san must've been feeling the affects of 2nd hand smoke from Yoshio Sawai's secret stash. j/k

Good OVA,yet kinda crazy.
Old 2005-12-26, 04:38   Link #28
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
It's weird: I liked the manga versions of Love Hina, Mahou Sensei Negima, and Itsudatte My Santa a lot more than the anime versions. I wonder if there's a trend.

The OVA was a lot more hyper than the manga, which didn't seem to suit it at all. Taken alone, though, yeah, it's not too bad. Just a silly anime OVA for the season.
Old 2005-12-26, 04:51   Link #29
mangatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychItsMike
Woah... after watching the first ep it kinda seems like they are on crack or something. Not bad but seems really fast paced. If they dared to make it into a series, they would have to slow it down a lot or everyone would end up with seizures X_X
I felt it was too fast as well. For one thing, I was in the moment, trying to enjoy yesterday and lol, I thought this was going to be something I can sit down to, relax and ease my mind. But no.....it's too darn fast barely a time when the VA's have a chance to breathe, I mean, come on slow down a bit lol....and the animation may flow well, but it's too fast for enjoyment....

In the end, I enjoyed it in a different way than I originally sought out to. And, I do feel it's somewhat forced to make a serious plot into something that, well....nvm. I don't think this should be taken serious in the first place...

Now my Christmas 2005 will be forever seared by this OAV
Old 2005-12-26, 05:25   Link #30
PsychItsMike

Hahaha yea i too thought it was going to be a happy tale about Xmas and Santa Clause but got a young girl that turns into a hot blonde (which i never mind :P) who has a stuffed animal named Pedro. Weird but good for laughs, i'd recommend it for some fun.
Old 2005-12-26, 07:36   Link #31
smiley86

Talking Santa

hey guis~~!!

just watched this series and i kinda like it, its got a few good laughs, but rather fast paced!!

hey, got somthing strange to ask, but how did the idea of female santa come out?
is there some kind of tradition in japan or something else?

because i hve noticed this idea also from manga like Ai Yori Aoshi and im just curious that's all.... its pretty interesting as well>!!

thanx

smiley
Old 2005-12-26, 07:41   Link #32
mangatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiley86
hey guis~~!!

just watched this series and i kinda like it, its got a few good laughs, but rather fast paced!!

hey, got somthing strange to ask, but how did the idea of female santa come out?

because i hve noticed this idea also from manga like Ai Yori Aoshi and im just curious that's all.... its pretty interesting as well>!!

thanx

smiley
Yes, very fast paced

I do recall a female Santa in Happy Lesson as well. Oddly enough the male was a reindeer

I think it has much to do with romantic relationships, well due to the role Santa plays [gift giving]. So maybe it's about the girl giving the gifts, sorta like giving herself to the particular male in question. After all, romance is a journey, a journey where you have to give something, in order to get something in return...I could be wrong though, but judging by what I've seen, I do believe it's a romantic thing.
Old 2005-12-26, 14:07   Link #33
PsychItsMike

Is the 2nd one out or just subbed but doesnt work? I'm kinda in the mood for some blinding, crazy, anime right now :P.
Old 2005-12-26, 16:18   Link #34
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Vampie Walrus. Big fangs

Quote:

I always thought it was just because girls look hot in a santa outfit. *shrug*
Old 2005-12-26, 16:52   Link #35
Michael Hopcroft
Embarrassed!

Send a message via AIM to Michael Hopcroft
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
I always thought it was just because girls look hot in a santa outfit. *shrug*
Anyone would be hot in a Santa suit. You thin k Santa doesn't need warm clothing living on the North Pole?

But yes, girls in Santa Suits are hot.
Old 2005-12-26, 16:57   Link #36
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Because it's moe~.
Old 2005-12-26, 18:00   Link #37
PsychItsMike

If Santa was a hot girl i think i would wait up for her just like when i was a child >.<. I would definetly be a good boy if i could hug her too!
Old 2005-12-27, 04:07   Link #38
xxxplizit
triple-echhi

Send a message via AIM to xxxplizit Send a message via MSN to xxxplizit Send a message via Yahoo to xxxplizit
Okay, I finally got it to work. hehe.

After seeing both episodes, both episodes are quite similar in scripts. Hehe. Of course, since I enjoyed Ken Akamatsu's works, I guess this was worth my time. This one was just special only cuz of the christmas holidays.

A 3rd episode on the way (or already out). Exactly how many episodes total?
Old 2005-12-27, 05:46   Link #39
PsychItsMike

I think that there are only 2 OVAs but i might be mistaken. If you look under series and click IMS it will say 2 Complete. I do hope there are more to come since they did have a preview of another ep.

Last edited by PsychItsMike; 2005-12-27 at 14:00.
Old 2005-12-27, 18:34   Link #40
xxxplizit
triple-echhi

If you look at the end credits of the 1-2 OVA and Anime News Network, it mentions there's a 3rd one on the way (or already out). However, I would like a good confirmation about this though.

Tags
romance, shounen