AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2003-12-22, 16:43   Link #21
bOcyOgl
lv.2 频道贼

has anyone mentioned rope jumping or hopping, forgot what its called ..
bOcyOgl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-22, 16:43   Link #22
LynnieS

Quote:
Originally Posted by jir0
or you can move to a country with relatively short people, make new friends, and you'll be the tall guy. or probably you just haven't hit your growth spur yet, guys have it until they're 22 to completely loose hope, you're probably just a late bloomer, like my cousin, he used to be below my nose, and i see him a year later, he's wearing size 42 shoes and now i'm at his chin level...in btw, i'm like 5'4. so, stop worrying so much, mental stress hurts your growth. also, get sufficient sleep, since that's when your brain secretes the '______' [sorry for forgetting its scientific name...it's just that we never use it in daily life.] on average, the whole secretion thing happens between 11:00pm to 2:00am, just make sure you sleep during that time frame and do a lot of exercise. 16 is way too early to be on a diet.
LOL! I'm just happy that I'm not too short. As for dieting, yes, so long as you're not significant overweight with respect to your height, this isn't much to worry about. I personally feel, however, that you're never too young to watch your diet. The last thing you want to end up with diabetes, heart trouble, and such when you're older. I believe that I had read you could end up this way when you're young also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellychan
Hmm... Did you sit on front of your comp all day when you were growing?
If yes, then all I can say is that there are some exceptions in life
Hmm, good point, and the answer is a no. I did have a TSR80 at the time, and since it wasn't much of a computer, I gave it up pretty quickly. Given the cost of a PC was very high then, I don't know of anyone in my school with a real computer outside of labs housing old Apple's either.
LynnieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-22, 17:07   Link #23
fenrihr
is dime-a-dozen

Send a message via AIM to fenrihr
no.... what is it?

heheh... in reference to that pic....
fenrihr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-22, 17:32   Link #24
Kurara
Ningyou Hime

Send a message via ICQ to Kurara Send a message via AIM to Kurara Send a message via MSN to Kurara
Well, I think guys completely stop growing around 18-19 years old, so you still have the chance to grow a few centimeters. ^-^

If you want to be more "built".. Just do exercises to become muscular, and eat healthy things. Eat a lot, but not too much...

But if I may ask.. Why does it bother you to be small? I mean.. I always wished I could be smaller. :P So I guess I can't understand it. If it's because of.. err.. Girls. ^^;; Don't worry about it. Not all girls like tall guys... Some girls like small guys.. And some girls are really small. ^^
Kurara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-22, 19:27   Link #25
corp20
Internet God

Which ones better.....
Being tall and going out on a date with a girl the same age which is small than you and getting a lot of "funny looks" from everyone or looking as if you are dating someone older than you.
Look at the postive side of thing.......

Last edited by corp20; 2003-12-22 at 21:04.
corp20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-22, 19:54   Link #26
JAppi
Banned

Send a message via AIM to JAppi Send a message via MSN to JAppi Send a message via Yahoo to JAppi
Quote:
Originally Posted by p3psi
drink lots of milk. i knew this one dude that drank a gallon of milk a day (he also worked out everyday and played sports), and he's about 6'5 and built like a horse, and im not exaggerating.
Me and my kitty like milk ALOT! Does this mean I'll "grow"?
JAppi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-22, 20:06   Link #27
PiGGiEE
PiGGiEE Judo Chop Chop!

I had a friend that was always the shortest in his class (even amongst the girls) and he would always get mad or depressed... he was about your age at the time... To tell you the truth... don't even sweat it... you're still young and growing. If you're really that worried... take up some sports like basketball (lot of jumping might help) and definitely swimming... 2 years later... my friend grew taller... and he is now 6'1". KFC and burgers are ok... that's what he lived on for awhile when he was a kid... but its always good to eat healthy... vegetables and fruits are really good... drink milk (hey it does a body good right? ) All in all, eat healthy... keep active (try swimming, seriously - it works all parts of your body), and don't stress too much about it. Its not how tall you are or what you look like that is that important... its who are you are as a person that matters. So don't sweat it... besides... I'm sure you'll grow some more... you're only 16!!
PiGGiEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-22, 22:34   Link #28
Kurara
Ningyou Hime

Send a message via ICQ to Kurara Send a message via AIM to Kurara Send a message via MSN to Kurara
Yeah, that's true...

Another good way is to look at how your parents and grandparents and see if they're tall. If they are, there's a very good chance that you will grow.. And if they are small.. Well, you still have chance to grow. ^^
Kurara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-22, 23:17   Link #29
ShadowX114
is my nickname

Thanks guys for answering
Good there was no spamming

- When I said I do excercices, well i do them at home. Twice a day, after I wake up and before I sleep. I do Knee Squads, Set up and push ups. But could more legs exrcices help me even more?
Also, on Tuesday and Thursday I do Kung Fu and there, I do a lot of excercies other than the ones that I do at home and they are harder. So you can say that I train myself everyday and twice a day.
There's somehting that I didn't understand very well, are you saying that if I do much excercies, I can bless myself?

- Someone talked about sleeping. I don't sleep much. In school nights, I sleep at 12-1AM and wake up at 8AM, in weekends, I sleep at 2-3AM and wake up at 1PM. Someone told me that I have to sleep like at 9PM and wake up at 8-9AM (that's mean 12 hours). In other words, I have to sleep early and wake up early. What do you think? Does that mean Sleeping at 1AM to 1PM is not the same thing?

- About mental stress, I got many problems and I'm always stress and most of the times I'm depressed. Well this problem is too hard to solve.

Someone wanted the reason why I want to become taller. Well, you said one of the reasons, the girls
I know that not all girls like tall guys but most of them do. I already had girlfriends and there's 2 girls that have a "kick" on me but I don't well...not anymore. Anyway, if I become taller I will have better chances, trust me.
The 2nd reason, to shut my friend's mouths.
The 3rd reason, I like hip-hop style, but I can't put a big pendant unless I have a big chain, and a big chain dosen't look good on me cuz I'm short.

PiGGiEE, you are right, what matters is me as a person. But you know, appearance counts also. I dont imagine myself going out with a girl who is really ugly(in my opinion) , even if she's a really nice person. Except, I would be her friend

I know I have many years to go but you know, It's my last year of high school, so I want to have fun with it!

Thanks again for helping me
But I still got questions above
ShadowX114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-23, 01:20   Link #30
PiGGiEE
PiGGiEE Judo Chop Chop!

I know that I was told that during your time of growth... it is best to eat right and do lots of exercises... if its growth in height you are looking for... then you might wanna try swimming or basketball... jumping rope is good too.
Yes you're right... appearance does matter somewhat... but it isn't everything and since it seems like you are concerned about how you look then I'm sure you're not a total slob in front of the girls soo don't sweat it too much Its always good to be active when you're young and remember to stay active... till you're old and gray... I used to think that I'd never gain a pound in my life and could eat anything I want... boy... once I hit 25 and since I was working so dam much and not as active as when I was younger... my metabolism slowed down allloooottttt... and I started gaining tons of weight. I have since lost it... thanks to an awesome diet of mine (PiGGiEE's special diet plan)... it only took 1 month to lose 20 lbs... and yes it was losing it the healthy way. Veggies, Fruits, I heard fish is good for you but not everyday... stay away from the sodas... you can have one here and there of course... drink Snapple or juice instead... oh and drink tons of water.
How tall are you anyways? I'm sure you're not that short and I'm sure you'll eventually grow out of it. Some people grow faster than others... so don't beat yourself up too hard on it.
But ya... give swimming a try then... and when you do... use your legs more than your arms to swim. It should help a little.
Now... if its in the genes and everyone in your family is short then... sorry can't help you there.
PiGGiEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-23, 06:18   Link #31
Don Eunuch
Lin Er

Don't feel bad about your height, after all tall people look down on others.

Seriously just accept it and do not let society's prejudice against short people put you down, also there are plenty of girls shorter than you.
Don Eunuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-23, 08:52   Link #32
tsurumaru
I refuse to die dammit!

There are actually ways to increase your height (such as taking Human Growth Hormone as you are still growing), however I wouldn't recommend these options due to the associated medical problems (such as "Acromegaly") that can result from overuse. There was actually a scheme when I was growing up where children could be given a HGH boost if it was felt they were particularly under developed..........

However before you go crazy ask yourself if the following possible side effects are worth a few extra centimetres:

Swelling of the soft tissues in the body; abnormal growth of the hands, feet and face; high blood pressure; an increased tendency to sweat and excessive hair growth. HGH has also been linked to diabetes and CJD.

CJD is the human form of BSE by the way or "Mad Cow Disease" that you might have heard of from the UK, trust me, its not nice.

I had a friend from Turkey who said that he was told to eat a lot of liver to increase his height when he was younger (as he was very short and Growth Hormones can be found in greater concentrations within the livers of most animals than in other types of meat so I'm told). He is now over 6' tall but has hyper flexibility in his joints (basically "double jointedness"). You might think thats ok but he also has hyper flexibility in his heart valves too (leaky heart valves) which is related to the same condition.

The question is do you really think any of these would be worth being taller.

Remember there are advantages to being shorter too..........
tsurumaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-23, 09:30   Link #33
dragonz20
Cantonese Dimples

Send a message via AIM to dragonz20
Lots of calcium, lots of protein, lots of vitamins, lots of everything. work out tons. try not to eat too much of one thing (like rice - loaded with carbs). since u're still young, carbs are essential but don't overdo it. i have this weird feeling that asians are generally short because our diet is based around rice (just my feeling - i never research it). hhmm anyway, eat oogles and do lots of fun activities (b-ball, soccer, swimming, etc...) and u should be fine. u have tons of time to grow.
dragonz20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-23, 09:32   Link #34
Animaniac
On leave?

Guys continue to grow until their 20s, not as fast as during puberty, but you should still put on some height, other than that eat well and take your vitamins! Play some sports too, they usually help.
Animaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-23, 11:10   Link #35
Wandering A.I.
エッチだ! しかたない

All these recommendations for jumping/sports...lol. The only factual studies I've seen linking sports and change of height that didn't end up pointing to selection bias (ie. tall people are more likely to get into basketball, basketball does not make them tall) was *reduced* growth in gymnasts (and even there other studies were available that showed there was still no link).
Wandering A.I. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-23, 13:49   Link #36
ShadowX114
is my nickname

Thanks guys for helping me, you also helped feeling better.
The members of my family are not short. Well, I'm taller than my mom and sister but my father and my two other brothers are taller then me. I'm the youngest by the way. I mesure about 7 feets.

- Then, I will play sports (well I do but only in summer)
- Eat well-balanced and healthy food such as fishes, vegetables, fruites,... (I usually don't except for fruits)
- Avoid chips, sodas, candies,... (I always try to avoid them)
- I will stop doing excercies twice a day due to the side effects, once a day should be ok, right?
- I heared that I can work out at school they have the equipements. Good, I won't have to be a memeber with Nautilus, paying for Kung Fu is enough...it's REALLY expensibe, you won't imagine how much But at school, I heared its free, oh well I will see.

Once again, thank you SO much guys and girls. Wish me luck
Old 2003-12-23, 14:45   Link #37
Moon The Cat
Hoi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiGGiEE
I had a friend that was always the shortest in his class (even amongst the girls) and he would always get mad or depressed... he was about your age at the time... To tell you the truth... don't even sweat it... you're still young and growing. If you're really that worried... take up some sports like basketball (lot of jumping might help) and definitely swimming... 2 years later... my friend grew taller... and he is now 6'1". KFC and burgers are ok... that's what he lived on for awhile when he was a kid... but its always good to eat healthy... vegetables and fruits are really good... drink milk (hey it does a body good right? ) All in all, eat healthy... keep active (try swimming, seriously - it works all parts of your body), and don't stress too much about it. Its not how tall you are or what you look like that is that important... its who are you are as a person that matters. So don't sweat it... besides... I'm sure you'll grow some more... you're only 16!!
Hey! Those were my words!
Moon The Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-23, 16:51   Link #38
Cammie
Smooth and Curvy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowX114
ok, you might say it's a stupid or funny topic but i don't care, this problem is serious for me.
Here we go, I'm 16 but I'm short. People says that my face looks like a 16 years old but as a body im a bit short. I'm the shortest guy between my friends. They are all 3cm taller than me(I know it's not a lot but they are also kind of short
It pisses me off The thing that pisses me off even more is that I do excercices but there's no change(well of course there is but not really much). Anyway, I think the problem is that I don't eat a lot. So I will work on that but of course eating KFC, hot-dogs and stuff like that, won't help me out. So anyone know what kind of food should I eat?

Please

thanks

I would luv to help you out!! My brother is a license personal trainer and I use be one also. I can give some advice? Your on the right track, excerise is only 25% of weight loss and 75% is what you eat. Fried foods usually is our biggest down fall, beacuse its easy and convenient. The fat is usually stored around your gut and hips! and is the toughest place to loose excess fat. I need to know you stats in order to give you a proper diet and work-out schedule.. never get discourage! Remember everyones body is different! OK, so IM with your stats. I'll need the following from you: weight, height, your goal (weight), fav. activities, and eating habits.

ok! its up to you to respond!

Last edited by Cammie; 2003-12-23 at 17:06.
Cammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-23, 19:38   Link #39
ShadowX114
is my nickname

ooooh a pro

I'm at my friend's house , he went to the bathroom so i said that I will check my topic
So I dont have the time to write my weights, heights,... My friend is not patient I will answer everything when i get back home.
But, you talked more about weight, my problem is the height, did I miss explained? You can still help me right??!!
Old 2003-12-23, 20:33   Link #40
ElvenPath
a step away from heaven

Just drink more milk, that's the bloody secret to grow taller.