AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-01-03, 14:52   Link #21
tripperazn
Toyosaki Aki
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimkill7 View Post
However, the sooner Ibuse dies, the better this manga will become.
IMO, Ibuse's antics really adds to the intensity of the manga. That said, it's lost a lot of it with the "screaming rape" scene which was a step down from the scene where she nearly stabs Aikawa with those scissors. The mangaka is kinda falling back on her bishoujo/comedy roots which also contributes to this toning down of drama...kind of a shame since the one thing that Bitter Virgin managed really well up till now was the high angst.
Old 2008-01-14, 16:24   Link #22
fuzzles
anal retentive

Send a message via AIM to fuzzles
Ch 19 out today i'm such an impatient person
Old 2008-01-14, 19:42   Link #23
Grimkill7
Inattentive Dreamer

Wow. Talk about a cliffhanger ending. But will it turn out for the better, or for the worse?
Old 2008-01-14, 22:38   Link #24
cuchu

i recently read this manga...

i was looking something new, all the thing i up to are stuck..

i downloaded around 20 new mangas... but it was love at first sigth, i stopped

reading the other stories and i have fallen on the spell of BV...

pd: im really bad writting english, so please be gentle...
Old 2008-01-15, 00:48   Link #25
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Gentle we will be
Old 2008-01-15, 11:25   Link #26
nadare

Send a message via MSN to nadare
Spoiler for Chapter 20:
Old 2008-01-15, 11:58   Link #27
shinobiknight0
I'm a Senior Member!
*Graphic Designer

The end of every chapter is so suspenseful, I just finished chapter 20(chapters come out a lot faster now o.o).

Spoiler for Chapter 20:
Old 2008-01-15, 17:22   Link #28
fuzzles
anal retentive

Send a message via AIM to fuzzles
jesus christ that ibuse is a nut, she needs to be beaten-everything can be solved with a beating

glad to see this thread alive again too
Old 2008-01-15, 18:03   Link #29
TigerII
Pilot in Training

This has a Fatal Attraction feel to it.
Old 2008-01-15, 18:42   Link #30
Grimkill7
Inattentive Dreamer

Damn! What a freak. I'm gonna bet that the sister will either turn around and slap the sh*t out of her, or Suwa will show up and do the same.
Old 2008-01-16, 01:10   Link #31
Lock_n_shock
n00b

I got to read up t chapter 20, if thiers a nine months difference in the released dates. we're going to have to wait until june....
Old 2008-01-16, 02:52   Link #32
DanielSong39

I think I'm officially sick of Ibuse by now.

Hopefully this volume will mark the end of Ibuse and we'll start to see more Yuzu.

At this point I feel Yuzu is the better bet, but Aikawa is a genuinely nice and sweet girl - and Suwa's likely choice. The irony in all of this is that Suwa and Aikawa may both need Yuzu's support in order for their relationship to survive over the long haul... the easier road is for Suwa and Yuzu to get together and support Aikawa as a pair. Both dynamics look feasible, if you ask me.
Old 2008-01-18, 08:17   Link #33
D a m i e n
permanentely bored

Send a message via ICQ to D a m i e n
this serie needs to end fast.
the 2 mains protagonists have both fallen for eachother, just need a little bump to get them together.
if the author pull any plot device to increase the length of this serie it will loose it s interest. No point in doing a part about the childhood friend of the guy since it s doomed anyway and it would make the story longer than needed.
Old 2008-01-18, 13:46   Link #34
watta

Quote:
Originally Posted by D a m i e n View Post
the 2 mains protagonists have both fallen for eachother, just need a little bump to get them together.
if the author pull any plot device to increase the length of this serie it will loose it s interest. No point in doing a part about the childhood friend of the guy since it s doomed anyway and it would make the story longer than needed.
and the slow releases makes it even worse... only 3 volumes in 2 years
Old 2008-01-18, 14:17   Link #35
Grimkill7
Inattentive Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by D a m i e n View Post
I agree. Series like this should be short. You can use novelties to keep readers coming back for a while, but once the main storyline goes stale, a manga can't be saved. Anyone hoping for a nice, tragic end? They are my favorites, but I haven't seen any in a while. Maybe Suwa will get Aikawa pregnant, then die in a fatal automobile accident. Something like that.
Old 2008-01-18, 15:07   Link #36
TigerII
Pilot in Training

I am quite the opposite, I despise tragedies. To each their own.
Old 2008-01-18, 15:17   Link #37
Grimkill7
Inattentive Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerII View Post
I am quite the opposite, I despise tragedies. To each their own.
Well with the amount of drama going around in this story, the ending could go either way. As long as it is well thought out and conclusive, I'll be happy with it. Sadder endings just leave more of an impact on me I guess.
Old 2008-01-18, 15:23   Link #38
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Eh, I watch and read fiction to make me feel ebtter. SO much tragedy in the real world, if that is what you want, just pay attention to global events.

I have always had the outlook, 'fiction is for fun and to make you feel better, if you want tragedy, look in non fiction'.

I avoid tragic and bitter shows, although I hate getting caught up in them when they suprise you with them. But to tell you the truth, yeah, I don't expect a happy one for this. Sometimes I just know it is gonna end well.

Again, this is just my opinion.
Old 2008-01-18, 22:41   Link #39
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Sometimes a tragic ending can make you feel stronger and happier by purging you with grief. At least that's what I find.

That being said, I take the most boringly positive view possible of this story: I hope they can get together openly with each other and without Ibuse anywhere near. At the end of volume three...
Spoiler for end of v3c24:
I don't know when the next volume will appear. There is no mention of it on the mangaka's official site or in her blog, or on Young Gangan magazine's page for the manga, or on the jp.wikipedia page.

I discovered on jp.wikipedia (the info is also in en.wikipedia) that her twin sister Oohashi Kaoru is also a mangaka. They were both in the manga club at their high school near Nagoya. They were born 24 March 1966. Kei's real name is Oohashi Mayumi. She is married with two children, so she knows something about giving birth.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2008-01-18 at 22:57.
Old 2008-01-18, 23:47   Link #40
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Well, there is your tragedy.

And as for me, grief brings no happiness ever. I hate tragedies and bittersweet endings so much, when I get word a show has one, I never even watch.

I guess the main reasons I hate things like that is I have witnessed three tragic deaths in person and so many bittersweet events I can't count. Which is why I watch anime(Or a big reason) is at least in it, they actually win sometimes.
Closed Thread