AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > School Days

Notices

View Poll Results: School Days - Episode 9 Rating
Perfect 10 16 16.33%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 20.41%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 20 20.41%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 10.20%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 6.12%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 4.08%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 3.06%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 19 19.39%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-28, 16:11   Link #21
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Part B is written.

as for your comments:
Spoiler for end of the episode:

frankly, i never expected the anime could be even more fucked up then the game (aside of a gruesome path, and the said endings)

the series begins to be more like a pile of forced drama than anything at this rate. 7 at best. (not as silly as last week)

EDIT : at least, they finally used the inserted song from the game for the bonfire dance, and the great ED of the game.
i wonder when they will use the game OP, which is a mile better than the anime OP.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2007-08-28 at 16:26.
Old 2007-08-28, 16:19   Link #22
◕‿‿◕

Send a message via AIM to AvatarST Send a message via MSN to AvatarST
I still consider...

Spoiler for Taisuke/Kotonoha:
Old 2007-08-28, 16:28   Link #23
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvatarST View Post
I still consider...

Spoiler for Taisuke/Kotonoha:
Spoiler for Taisuke/Koto:
Old 2007-08-28, 16:35   Link #24
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

as of this moment Taisuke is the one that is pissing me off the most...
Old 2007-08-28, 16:39   Link #25
Chewy

She's in shock, that's why she doesn't resist. Taisuke had just snapped her out of denial. Rape or not rape can get technical since Taisuke didn't know why she's not resisting, but he obviously took advantage of the situation and it's going to do huge damage to Kotonoha's mental state.

Not much to say about this episode. The whole Otome thing is just dumb. They better show that recording to Sekai or Kotonoha later or everything that happened with Otome can be pretty much written off as fanservice. Anata ga inai is just PERFECT for the ED of this episode, especially after that final scene.

Finally, after 2 episodes of mediocre harem crap, looks like things are going to start picking up again next episode.
Old 2007-08-28, 16:40   Link #26
HashiriyaR32
GT-R Fanatic

Maybe it's time for Hikari to really knock some sense into Taisuke. Who knows what's going to happen if he's not kept in check?
Old 2007-08-28, 16:40   Link #27
◕‿‿◕

It doesn't matter if he raped her because he's stupid (not noticing she's in such a mental state) or because he's evil (having that knowledge but doing it anyway). To me, rape is rape.
Old 2007-08-28, 16:42   Link #28
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

I'm really amused by the amount of feedback, because... this is kinda "soft".
Trust me, the guy is even beyond a simple "low-life" vermin, as in the game, things are even more crude and unexpected

Try Hikari's ending, and you will see who... i mean WHAT taisuke CAN be...
*whistles, and grins how the bash can grow*

of course, I don't imply he is redeemable here. rather equal to the other idiot (minus the silly undeciveness, plus the "DO WANT" mindset).

but to follow up what cheewy said, i believe the "animal" thought : since Kotonoha doesn't say anything, it is okay?
==>, the idiom : "Silence implies consent"

yes, it is stupid, but i guess Taisuke felt like this. Not exactly it was his intent, but technically, it is a rape.
Old 2007-08-28, 16:44   Link #29
◕‿‿◕

He can be worse than a rapist in the game? I thought he was at his worst in this route from what you'd said before, even if it was softened for the anime.

And by the way, I have no doubts in my mind that he's well below Makoto. Makoto may be stupid, but from that to rape...there's a long way.
Old 2007-08-28, 16:56   Link #30
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
He can be worse than a rapist in the game? I thought he was at his worst in this route from what you'd said before, even if it was softened for the anime.
To put it bluntly (and since i got the green light from the mod )
what happened in the game :
Spoiler for hikari's path:

i guess it is enough huh?
as for the anime scene, it happened in the bonfire route (though it is much more gruesome...)
Quote:
And by the way, I have no doubts in my mind that he's well below Makoto. Makoto may be stupid, but from that to rape...there's a long way.
without a doubt ^^
Old 2007-08-28, 16:56   Link #31
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
It doesn't matter if he raped her because he's stupid (not noticing she's in such a mental state) or because he's evil (having that knowledge but doing it anyway). To me, rape is rape.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
I'm really amused by the amount of feedback, because... this is kinda "soft".
Trust me, the guy is even beyond a simple "low-life" vermin, as in the game, things are even more crude and unexpected

Try Hikari's ending, and you will see who... i mean WHAT taisuke CAN be...
*whistles, and grins how the bash can grow*

of course, I don't imply he is redeemable here. rather equal to the other idiot (minus the silly undeciveness, plus the "DO WANT" mindset).

but to follow up what cheewy said, i believe the "animal" thought : since Kotonoha doesn't say anything, it is okay?
==>, the idiom : "Silence implies consent"

yes, it is stupid, but i guess Taisuke felt like this. Not exactly it was his intent, but technically, it is a rape.
Quote:

Agreed Motoko is stupid, a cheat, spineless and indecisive but at least he has not raped anyone. I read the spoilers for Taisuke in the game and Klashikari is right if only you knew Motoko would look like a Saint. Rape is rape to me regardless he says he loves her but if he really did he would notice the blank and obvious no ones home look in her eyes. He took advantage of the situation plain and simple and had his way with Koto i mean he just dropped a bomb on her and he knows how much Koto loves Motoko yet he thinks it would be that easy for her to jump to him. Now i wonder how he will interact with her when all is said and done. Like walking up to her in the hall and saying hey Koto great time last night, and if he is actually stupid enough to tell Motoko and everyone else about it. oh god my head hurts i need ibuprofen
Old 2007-08-28, 17:05   Link #32
HashiriyaR32
GT-R Fanatic

It's spelled Makoto.
Old 2007-08-28, 17:09   Link #33
CJL13
God of his own ego

Spoiler for I wonder:
Old 2007-08-28, 17:10   Link #34
◕‿‿◕

Wow, Klashikari...he really can be worse than I thought.

Thanks again for the information, you're always helpful.
Old 2007-08-28, 17:11   Link #35
patnam

Man, this episode will lead to the 'dark' ending.......
Old 2007-08-28, 17:36   Link #36
Chewy

So let's pose a question. Say after this, Kotonoha realizes someone else actually cares about her (let's assume Taisuke really does care) and is able to let things go with Makoto and go on happily with Taisuke. Compare that to Kotonoha continuing her denial, which eventually blows up and causes her to do something that will ruin her life. Will that change anyone's opinion of what Taisuke did ?

I'm not defending Taisuke, but I'm interested to know what people think. He's a bastard. Hell every guy in the 0verflow world is a bastard...

Also, please, PLEASE don't say Makoto is better than Taisuke. I'm just saving you all having to eat your words if you ever decide to play the biggest land mine ever.

Last edited by Chewy; 2007-08-28 at 17:47.
Old 2007-08-28, 17:36   Link #37
CJL13
God of his own ego

Makoto needs to get slapped back to reality, he's just confused. As for Taisuke he can just be neutered and left to die. I wonder if the Makoto/Otome event will lead Sekai down the dark side. Makoto/Kotonaha is NEVER gonna happen, and god forbid what happens to her if Otome tells her she slept with him.
Old 2007-08-28, 17:38   Link #38
CJL13
God of his own ego

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
So let's pose a question. Say after this, Kotonoha realizes someone else actually cares about her (let's assume Taisuke really does care) and is able to let things go with Makoto and go on happily with Taisuke. Compare that to Kotonoha continuing her denial, which eventually blows up and causes her to do some mentally unstable that will ruin her life. Will that change anyone's opinion of what Taisuke did ?

I'm not defending Taisuke, but I'm interested to know what people think. He's a bastard. Hell every guy in the 0verflow world is a bastard...

Also, please, PLEASE don't say Makoto is better than Taisuke. I'm just saving you all having to eat your words if you ever decide to play the biggest land mine ever.
Well Taisuke should first notice that something is seriously wrong with Kotohana, he may have done her to try to get her to move on, but that's unlikely. If being taking advantage of means she won't snap and go on a killing spree, then I suppose its the less of two evils.
Old 2007-08-28, 17:42   Link #39
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
Definitely, not really healthy to play the game. (even now, i'm still wondering how I was able to do so, just out of curiosity )
But imagine a bit that Anime Makoto was used for the game... i think it will make you shudder as well ^^" (simple ridiculous WHAT IF)

If we happen to merge the amount of silly situations from Summer Days, with the SD Makoto, i think we will got something literaly painful to play (as it was already scary to keep going with the original thing)

Quote:
Makoto needs to get slapped back to reality, he's just confused.
At this state of the series, he looks rather conscious, but completely ignoring the aftermath and consequences.
Old 2007-08-28, 17:57   Link #40
◕‿‿◕

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy
So let's pose a question. Say after this, Kotonoha realizes someone else actually cares about her (let's assume Taisuke really does care) and is able to let things go with Makoto and go on happily with Taisuke. Compare that to Kotonoha continuing her denial, which eventually blows up and causes her to do something that will ruin her life. Will that change anyone's opinion of what Taisuke did ?
I'll never forgive a rapist. If they're happy, that's alright, but to me he's still worthless dreck. Opinionated? Yes, I'm just being honest with my feelings and the question you asked. Rationally I could accept and tolerate it, but emotionally, no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy
Why would I mind you making me eat my words? You're better informed than me, so I'm not stupid enough to claim something adamantly and I can change my opinion if you or someone else can tell me better.

But as far as I know, at the moment, Makoto's well above a rapist, which is what Taisuke is. If someone can tell me otherwise they're welcome to tell me why I'm wrong. I may be opinionated, but I'm not stubborn about things I don't know enough about. And just as you said (I think that's what you were referring to), the game could easily change my opinion as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari
At this state of the series, he looks rather conscious, but completely ignoring the aftermath and consequences.
That could be taken as "confused" though. He's not doing this knowing that he's causing a lot of pain, he's just clueless/stupid about it. He acts on his impulses too much. I'm not excusing him, he's really selfish not to be able to notice everything except his own feelings and needs, but...I think that's how it is.