AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2007-12-30, 16:53   Link #21
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Well, not everyone is the perfect get up early go to bed early sleeper. I myself am a nighttime person. When I was on a "normal" day schedule, I was cranky, tired, sick, and by the afternoon, completely tired and unwilling to be active.

Now I don't fight it anymore. I sleep when I'm tired, but more than that I've discovered I have far more energy at night than I ever did during the day. Some people act like it's unhealthy but I still get my eight hours of sleep in a day, I just do it during the time the sun is out.
Old 2007-12-30, 20:30   Link #22
teachopvutru
Urusai~Urusai~Urusai~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shana View Post
Hey Tia, you're not alone yesterday (or today XD) I went to sleep at 5:30 AM, now it's 12:54 PM and I'm awake because I am hungry ; The other day, I went to sleep at 8 AM too, I woke up at 5PM

On my school days, I usually sleep 12-2AM (I always get problems with the teachers because I fall asleep >< in the middle of class). It's something I can't manage.

Tia, if you sleep really late again (8PM-like [btw, before entering the school this year, I once sleeped at 10-11PM ]) try to not sleep, watch anime, play games, post, etc. But do not fall asleep; then at the night you will fall asleep at a normal hour~ I did that too ^.^
I know how it goes... You just sit there unable to make out what the teacher is talking about while your head kinda nod... Ugh... those are horrible, especially during the 1st two periods of the day, which amount to 3 hours altogether.

The reason why I dislike staying up even when sleepy is that I find it almost not able to do anything. But that doesn't say a lot since, *for some reason*, I do it all the time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shana
Ah, yeah, I usually don't like going to sleep because I'm afraid of dark >< (you read NOTHING! )
Hmmm... I should quote this into my signature. (*Tia feels like a harasser)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Shinohara View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiachopvutru
Also, I do NOT means watching hentai.
He's saying that because he's been hanging out with me quite a lot these days.
Nah, your story is okay since it isn't about watching hentai alone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Shinohara
My answer? Sleeping medicine. Yep, I've been taking all sorts of sleeping pills for whenever I need to go to sleep early at night. It's usually painless. Take one 30 minutes before, lay down and boom, you're cold as a rock until your alarm clock shouts "Oy asa dazo, hayaku ookiro!" with cutay Kugimiya Rie's voice ( Truth is, it's so embarrassing that I don't want anybody else hearing that, so I usually get up on a whim). As for what I take, it's been changing from time to time, from the cheap stuff you find in the medicine isle to Nyquil ( it works wonders, actually ) and now I'm taking 1x1.5mg Melatonin, which is, they say, fairly natural and also works just fine.
Ugh... isn't sleeping medicine bad? I've read that it makes sleeping disorders get worse rather than helping any. But then, I don't know how accurate my information is, so nevermind.

I WANT that alarm clock!!! Where did you get it!? D:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3:16 View Post
Can someone explain what's the primary goal of that topic?'Cause I'm not sure to understand...
My reason for starting this thread is, as explained above, I have irregular sleeping schedule. As for my goal, I'm not so sure, but maybe I was hoping to get something from the good habit sleeper (The first question is the key ---> *how do you manage your sleep?*), and also to know how many people are having the same problem as me (hate to say this but it makes me feel better >.< Please don't get offended). In any case, I hope that this doesn't sound too much like statistic collecting, since that wasn't really my intention, and that the thread holds enough relevancy to justify not getting locked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Your Age: 15
Your Height: ???
Your Weight: ???
Your problem: Irregular Sleeping Schedule

Probable cause for Problem: Not enough physical activity.

Your solution: Get at least 2 hours of daily activity that does not include sitting in front of the television, or the computer, or any other activity that includes the television or the computer. Those 2 hours of daily activity can range from jugging, biking, roller skating, rock climbing, swimming to playing any sports (what ever you are interested in and will enjoy).

Those kind of activity can help you develop a healthy routine where you will have adequate amount of sleep in a timely manner. I'm sure you are aware of that sleeping less can and will lead to a lot of problems, physically and mentally.

I myself sleep for about 7-8 hours and try to go to bed by 12 am in six days of the week. I'm also very active physically.
Gender: Male (gender does play a role in my problem, right?)
Weight: nearly 130 lb (surprisingly, I'm not overweight for never exercising, or at least, I'm pretty sure I'm not overweight)
Height: more than 5.5 ft (5.5ft was my height when I was the end of 8th grade. Now I'm at mid-10th grade, but I don't know what my height is right now since I don't have a measurement tool)
Problem: Indeed...

Probably Cause for Problem
: sad to say but it's probably spot on.

As for the solution, I don't know how well I'll cope with those though. Afterall, I barely go outside so just dropping me somewhere about 2-3 miles from my house and I will guarantee to get lost (that was an exaggeration, though).... Maybe my problem is my unwillingness to do those. I appreciate the advice and hopefully will do as you told (would jumping around the house count? ).

"FOUND YOU!" ~Taiga

Last edited by teachopvutru; 2007-12-30 at 20:44.
teachopvutru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-30, 23:47   Link #23
Shana

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiachopvutru View Post
I know how it goes... You just sit there unable to make out what the teacher is talking about while your head kinda nod... Ugh... those are horrible, especially during the 1st two periods of the day, which amount to 3 hours altogether.

The reason why I dislike staying up even when sleepy is that I find it almost not able to do anything. But that doesn't say a lot since, *for some reason*, I do it all the time...
Yeah, it's like that ><. But I don't have more than two periods I use to be at school 7am-12:45pm and if you are in the school for more than 8 hours, that's a JAIL!!

Quote:
Hmmm... I should quote this into my signature. (*Tia feels like a harasser)
Uguu~ you're mean.
Old 2007-12-31, 23:15   Link #24
EXEs
Hallelujah...

My sleep patterns/habits/whatever are pretty fucked up. On school days, I fall asleep at like 11:30-1:00 am, and wake up around 7. Then on weekends, I sleep at 1-2, and wake up at 9 on Saturdays (Tutoring ) and 9:30 on Sundays (Rugby training) However, since it's now Christmas holidays, I've managed to fuck up my sleeping schedule so I sleep at 3 am and wake up at 12:00 or later.
EXEs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-31, 23:23   Link #25
Zero Shinohara
I'll keep walking.
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to Zero Shinohara
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiachopvutru
Ugh... isn't sleeping medicine bad? I've read that it makes sleeping disorders get worse rather than helping any. But then, I don't know how accurate my information is, so nevermind.

I WANT that alarm clock!!! Where did you get it!? D:
Well that argument is feasible because, by relying on medicines to fall asleep, you'll stop trying to get your system to naturally work for you. Besides, a lot of them are addictive, physically and mentally, and so you might be doing yourself more harm than good.

But like I said, I already gave up on trying to fix my sleeping habits. Once I find a job have a daily routine to follow, then I'll worry about it.

And PM sent to you.

Sometimes I look back and think to myself, "how the hell did I manage to screw this up?"
Zero Shinohara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-31, 23:30   Link #26
raikage
日本語を食べません!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Your Age: 15
Your Height: ???
Your Weight: ???
Your problem: Irregular Sleeping Schedule

Probable cause for Problem: Not enough physical activity.

Your solution: Get at least 2 hours of daily activity that does not include sitting in front of the television, or the computer, or any other activity that includes the television or the computer. Those 2 hours of daily activity can range from jugging, biking, roller skating, rock climbing, swimming to playing any sports (what ever you are interested in and will enjoy).

Those kind of activity can help you develop a healthy routine where you will have adequate amount of sleep in a timely manner. I'm sure you are aware of that sleeping less can and will lead to a lot of problems, physically and mentally.

I myself sleep for about 7-8 hours and try to go to bed by 12 am in six days of the week. I'm also very active physically.
What he said. ^_^

Not sure why it is, but it really does help. Nothing worse for you, than doing nothing but sleeping and sitting around.

I get maybe 4-5 hours a night. With my work schedule, if I wanted 8 hours I'd have to go to sleep at 6 pm (1800 for you 24-hour peeps) and that ain't happening. I do nap randomly during the day, though.
raikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-01, 04:58   Link #27
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Yeah no I don't manage my sleep. I force myself to go to sleep at 3 AM, but that's still already irregular. I usually wake up around 9 AM, so I would get 6 hours sometimes 7. Even though 9 AM isn't "too late," it's still way too irregular, and sometimes I wish I could sleep 8-9 hours per day.

Problem: Family doesn't like anime or other activities I do. Therefore, it's best to do it when everyone's asleep, thus that's why I stay up until 3 AM. Also, I'm used to registering for my classes in the afternoon. For example, for the next semester, I will go to school the EARLIEST at 11 AM. I'm also not used to eating breakfast. Oh well.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-01, 05:39   Link #28
Akherousin

Send a message via AIM to Akherousin Send a message via MSN to Akherousin
I tend to have horrible sleeping patterns, but it really depends on the time setting. When not at school, I stay up till 3-4 AM, then sleeping till 1 PM. At college, I force myself to sleep at midnight because I know what I have to do next. That, and I'm good at planning out when to do homework and stuff at the last minute.

And KholdStare, I have the same problem. I hate getting interrupted when I'm doing something, so I'm often reluctant to do anything regarding my interests during a certain time. No wonder I'm so behind on anime and music in general. =[
Akherousin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-01, 18:52   Link #29
Jaden

Terrible patterns. I stay up way too late....Reason is simply that I don't move around enough. Just using one's head doesn't use up enough energy.
Old 2008-01-01, 19:23   Link #30
6raika
ベジータ

Send a message via ICQ to 6raika
It does use quite an energy but when you are thinking not zombiing around in the net and watching anime
6raika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-02, 01:50   Link #31
MajesticXII

always had the vampire schedule

but lately its off limits! i slept at 2pm yesterday!!!!!!woke up at night!!!
MajesticXII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-02, 12:22   Link #32
aka Providence
(; ,;) fthagn

Send a message via AIM to aka Providence Send a message via Yahoo to aka Providence
mm, my sleep patterns are pretty fvcked up. it's common for me to sleep at around 3am, then i have to wake up at seven for classes. funny thing is that i don't feel sleepy at all during class. however, there are days after school when i need a long nap.

at the weekends, i still sleep late, but i wake up (usually) around 9-10am. and despite everything i don't have any sleeping disorders; i'm just too busy reading to think about sleep.
aka Providence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-03, 10:50   Link #33
Yaoi_Daisuki
少年愛

These stuff are freaking normal to me. I never want to sleep until early in the morning if i have a choice (sleeping at 8am after a heavy "breakfast" is my first choice)

oh yeah i ALWAYS feel tired right after i wake up, never did i once wake up and feeling energetic right away, i could sleep the whole day long if the condition is right. I need to wait at least 30mins after waking up before i feel energetic. Basically during weekends or during my holidays i could stay awake for more than 36 hours and then going asleep for about 18 hours
Yaoi_Daisuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-03, 18:36   Link #34
deathreape98
Clannad Preacher

I go to bed at 8-9 pm and wake up at 5pm every day :P
Old 2008-01-04, 16:37   Link #35
Gemstar
Banned

I heard you can't die if you don't sleep, then what's the problem if you don't get any ?
Gemstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-04, 20:26   Link #36
Kristen
*Author

I actually have a socially unhealthy sleep schedule. My body wants to sleep from 10 PM until 8 AM. I used to always give it what it wanted, except weekdays were 7 AM when I had class. I'm trying now to train my body to 11 PM or later. But New Year's Eve was still hard.

One weird thing is that I cannot sleep past like 8:45 any day at all.
Old 2008-01-04, 20:31   Link #37
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

Well In School Days I Sleep From 1 a.m To 7 a.m
Weekend From 2 a.m To 11 a.m Or12 p.m...
Old 2008-01-04, 20:37   Link #38
[DOT].L
Delightfully lost...
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemstar View Post
I heard you can't die if you don't sleep, then what's the problem if you don't get any ?
You will die if you don't sleep, but you can't kill yourself by trying not to sleep. There will come a point where your body simply passes out and you will fall asleep. Same thing goes for not being able to commit suicide by holding your breathe.
[DOT].L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-04, 21:01   Link #39
tripperazn
Toyosaki Aki
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by [DOT].L View Post
You will die if you don't sleep.
Very true...a Korean guy died in front of his computer after playing MMOs for 56 hours straight. It didn't say the cause of death, but I suspect it's sleep deprivation + way too much caffeine + possibly not taking the time to eat for a long, long time.

I just get used to sleeping only 4-6 hours a day during the school year, even on the weekends (I usually sleep less on weekends actually ). During vacation, I get 10 hours to make up for pretty much the rest of the year.
Old 2008-01-04, 21:14   Link #40
Mistacloudstrife
"I'll cut them off..."

My sleeping schedule is pretty messed up, but it was a lot worst when I slept in a metal frame futon couch/bed. Back then, when I would try to sleep I would end up laying down for an hour or so before I could actually fall asleep.(Doesn't really help watching anime while I'm trying to fall asleep either) But now that I've got a more comfortable bed(Queen size, not soft nor hard, just perfect) I can fall asleep basically whenever I want. I just watch my anime, and when I want to sleep I'll turn my head away from my TV and knock out. Not to mention I wake up without a back or neck ache, so my mornings are a lot better as well. A good bed can do wonders. =)

But I still end up sleeping around 5-6am either way. I like going to the gym around 12-2am so when I get back I take a nice hot shower and watch whatever anime I want until I feel like sleeping. So exercising/exhausting your body before going to bed can help with sleep as well, I suppose.