AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

View Poll Results: What do you think of Itachi now?
I like Itachi even more! 97 36.74%
I still like Itachi but less than before 26 9.85%
I liked Itachi and I still like him exactly as before 45 17.05%
I don't like him anymore, he is just another psycho 36 13.64%
I didn't like Itachi before but he's growing on me now 18 6.82%
I never liked Itachi and it sure didn't change my poor opinion of him! 14 5.30%
Meh, I don't really care about him either way 28 10.61%
Voters: 264. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-01-26, 17:56   Link #21
jzmagic
flargansbog

I like what they did with Itachi. He's now just an ordinary villain and that drops the importance and intenrest level of Sasuke's revenge down a notch, so less people will care about the mysteries of Uchiha.
jzmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-26, 17:58   Link #22
zepkox
Daubentonia Madagascarien

After re-reading the chapter, I think that the sudden psychotic outburst is the inner persona of Itachi which Sasuke saw using his Sharingan.
Which made me think, Itachi has done a pretty good job concealing all that under his stoic mask. In the real world he fools everyone by making them think that hes the cool, calm and collected guy but deep down inside his mind he's actually a psychotic freak.
What brought down my opinion of him was his motivations. I always thought that whatever the reason was, he would be standing on the side of 'justice' (like the Tengu theory...sorta) but really now it's all for selfish reasons.
Nonetheless, he still owns
zepkox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-26, 18:21   Link #23
iBeast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackDove View Post
You sure your signature doesn't spoil it a bit for the non manga readers when you post in other threads?
Yah, really.
iBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-26, 22:13   Link #24
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackDove View Post
You sure your signature doesn't spoil it a bit for the non manga readers when you post in other threads?
I'm starting to hate this forum.
Old 2008-01-26, 23:09   Link #25
seiji_kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
Which is why it was exactly the opposite.
He despised his clan because they didn't kill each other anymore and lived in peace in Konoha instead of trying to reach the limits of their capacities and then try to go even further by any necessary means.
Well now it at least makes sense to me. Tho the translation I was reading made it seem the opposite way. Well the man is one psycho freak to hate ppl that want to live in peace. I almost want to give Sasuke some credit for making his life purpose to want to kill Itachi. But he could've done it in so many better ways.
seiji_kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-26, 23:46   Link #26
wtfftw

Quote:
Originally Posted by seiji_kun View Post
loved him going psycho. Wonder what Sasuke thougth, he prolly thougth his brother let him live to ease his mind a bit or cause he mb loved him a bit but he was just a spair of eyes. Itachi sure is right that the Uchicha clan is one psycho clan.

Well he wants to surpass Madara, at least we finally know some of his plans. Tho for a genius I think he is quite the idiot. He found the Uchiha clan repulsive cause of theire search of power but he helps the one who has sinned the most to it and he goes on that path himself. That's quite contradicting yourself. Especially when those actions weren't happening anymore.
lol

anyway itachi has somewhat been downgraded for me not that he has still a mayor role. i do however had to revise alot of stuff about itachi regarding jirajia uchiha and his organization or calculating skills

for me he has somewhat become less not less in the sense useless but less. Reason why i think this is because not only is its howed that he could not do big things himself he also had a mentor making the whole growth of him for me useless and the fact he always needed an leader in akatsuki and in uchiha.

and to think or hint to sasuke that he regards himself a better candidate as supreme uchiha then madara is for me laughable. i mean he didnt even have a great kyuubi he didnt establish a great clan like madara but think he is on equal ground is for me like pffff omg you lost it.

or this genjustsu had to be an increditable lie to sasuke so he would think wrong think yet again

also itachi was always the cool type and sasuke in the surrounding of itachi was the naruto but seeying how he was displayed that coolness has been going to sasuke now imo
wtfftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-27, 04:29   Link #27
Crisis7

He's nothing more than a cliche villain now, lust for power. Meh I never liked him anyway,

I mean who could really want to have Itachi as their brother, I bet some of these fanboys do because he's hot and cool. pffftt.
Crisis7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-27, 11:28   Link #28
wtfftw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisis7 View Post
He's nothing more than a cliche villain now, lust for power. Meh I never liked him anyway,

I mean who could really want to have Itachi as their brother, I bet some of these fanboys do because he's hot and cool. pffftt.
i only respect his skill as ninja nothing more i mean its like would you hang out with a itachi irl

or some fan girl yes i want itachi be my boyfriend lol your family is screwed. psychopathic nutcase imo. I would change my opinion though if there was no other choice for the slaughter for example madara ordered him to help him other wise sasuke would die or some crap. Then id be ok he is somewhat honourable and didnt have a chance but for what i have seen so far i cant really think good about him.
wtfftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-27, 16:56   Link #29
Naotaka
Sensei

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticNinjaJay View Post

He aims to surpass his master, who was the most powerful ninja in the world at one point. I also enjoyed the flashbacks in the chapter, specifically the one where Sasuke introduces himself and the ambition his character has been centered around. This is his destiny. The manga was looking sketchy for awhile and I'm not too keen on the eye swapping but atleast Kishimoto is back on track.

I'm interested in what the outcome will be. Especially considering the fact that Sasuke doesn't even have the Mangekyo Sharingan, as Itachi noted and he is still going to fight him, confident that he will win. If Sasuke can beat Itachi without the MS what is it even worth? If Sasuke wins, what's he going to do? Steal Itachi's eyes and gouge out his good eyes?

I'm predicting a setup. This battle is about displaying the superiority of Mangekyo Sharingan. We don't even know the extent of his powers aside from Tsukiyomi, Amaterasu and Kakashi's inter-dimensional manipulation techniques. This battle is about showing its true power. I think that Sasuke is going to lose but be spared once again with the realization that he really must kill Naruto to gain the power to beat Itachi.

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...7&postcount=83

My original theory wasn't to far off. I didn't realise it required a brother instead of any other MS user but I was somewhat on track back then =D.

At this point I think Itachi will win and become the main villian in the story. I can honestly see him taking out Sasuke's eyes in the process. What I think will happen from that point, is Sasuke's white snake regeneration powers will help him develop new eyes, maybe it will require Sakura's medical help too who knows but I belive something along this line will happen.

It just seems like something Kishi has been planning for some time now. After Sasuke gets defeated by Itachi, it will also help draw in the story of how Sasuke realises he isn't as great as he thought and needs help against Itachi, instead of playing super man. There for he will need Naruto and the team to finish his goal. Since if he couldn't stop Itachi before there would be no reason he could stop him the next time either, especially with Itachi getting more powerful. Where as on the other hand if Sasuke did kill Itachi, there would be no reason for him to stop being rogue, and he would just continue on his way to Madara.

I realise this is just my own opinion, but I say this because, I don't belive Kishi will make this whole revenge plot play out like Sasuke wanted. If he does, he automaticly sends the wrong message to a lot of people which is the hell with your friends if you want something bad enough, screw everyone else just think of number one to get what you want. Instead of the more Naruto like philosophy of hard work & friends will help you get you to the top.
Naotaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-27, 23:20   Link #30
Austin1
Work=FUN!!!1ONE

It would be badass if Itachi takes Sasuke's eyes to become all powerful, but if they did happen. Itachi would be almost about to take over the world but at the last moment Naruto will show up and Naruto will try to take revenge but of course would lose at first but then flashbacks of Sasuke show up then that stupid naruto song comes on and naruto says "this is my way of teh ninja" and somehow wins using Rasengan killing Itachi and Itachi says how come my eyes couldn't see it, cough *blood* *dies*. That is my prediction for Naruto's ending if Sasuke gets his eyes taken.
Austin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-27, 23:30   Link #31
tatami
back in black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin1 View Post
It would be badass if Itachi takes Sasuke's eyes to become all powerful, but if they did happen. Itachi would be almost about to take over the world but at the last moment Naruto will show up and Naruto will try to take revenge but of course would lose at first but then flashbacks of Sasuke show up then that stupid naruto song comes on and naruto says "this is my way of teh ninja" and somehow wins using Rasengan killing Itachi and Itachi says how come my eyes couldn't see it, cough *blood* *dies*. That is my prediction for Naruto's ending if Sasuke gets his eyes taken.
not happening...
tatami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-29, 07:25   Link #32
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naotaka View Post
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...7&postcount=83

I didn't realise it required a brother instead of any other MS user but I was somewhat on track back then =D.

At this point I think Itachi will win and become the main villian in the story. I can honestly see him taking out Sasuke's eyes in the process. What I think will happen from that point, is Sasuke's white snake regeneration powers will help him develop new eyes, maybe it will require Sakura's medical help too who knows but I belive something along this line will happen.

It just seems like something Kishi has been planning for some time now. After Sasuke gets defeated by Itachi, it will also help draw in the story of how Sasuke realises he isn't as great as he thought and needs help against Itachi, instead of playing super man. There for he will need Naruto and the team to finish his goal. Since if he couldn't stop Itachi before there would be no reason he could stop him the next time either, especially with Itachi getting more powerful. Where as on the other hand if Sasuke did kill Itachi, there would be no reason for him to stop being rogue, and he would just continue on his way to Madara.

I realise this is just my own opinion, but I say this because, I don't belive Kishi will make this whole revenge plot play out like Sasuke wanted. If he does, he automaticly sends the wrong message to a lot of people which is the hell with your friends if you want something bad enough, screw everyone else just think of number one to get what you want. Instead of the more Naruto like philosophy of hard work & friends will help you get you to the top.
Nice prediction and good theories.

I think it would be gruesome for Sasuke to have his eyes removed and I don't see reason for Itachi to not just kill Sasuke if he took them. But if Sasuke has truly inherited Orochimaru's powers he has freaky jutsu like the one where Oro regenerates a new body that comes out of the old one even if he has lost a limb.
Sasuke did make note of the healing factor a couple chapters ago so anything is possible.

Also Itachi made it clear that he wants Sasuke to have the MS when they fight. He doesn't have it and Itachi even made note of this during the battle. Itachi has already killed his best friend so I don't think he can redevelop MS with Sasuke's normal Sharingan. He left him alive for the purpose of obtaining it so he can steal it.

I do think Sasuke is going to lose and be humbled in this battle. Instead of seeking the help of the others he may simply seek out Naruto to truly kill him. I do like the idea of Sasuke losing his eyes and going blind for awhile only to have the regenerate and align with Konoha to take on an all-powerful Itachi.

This is a good moment in the manga because it is hard to predict the next outcome.
Old 2008-01-29, 15:39   Link #33
fenikkusu

Send a message via AIM to fenikkusu
i like itachi, but i saw this going completely the other way, i thought it was going to be revealed that by killing off the clan , he was actually somehow saving sasuke and the villiage of konoha. Long time ago when the dad was talking with itachi about the meeting place, and how itachi is there conection to the village, i thought maybe they where planning a revolt against the village, or to overthrough the hokage. i thought maybe sasuke would kill itachi, then find this out and sad moment for him, killing his brother and a savior of konoha, it always seemed to me that itachi had a love for sasuke, he siad once that sasuke and him would have to servive, even if it ment sasuke living in hatred of his brother.

but now we see that i was completely wrong, and it was completely the other way around , and he just wanted sasuke to gain more power.
fenikkusu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-30, 03:29   Link #34
symbiotes_021
Arke Knight

I hate him now. Cause he's 'coolness' is gone and he revealed his weak wicked plan...

Fear me, even Setsuna's Exia wouldn't stand a chance of winning my Zaiaku!!
symbiotes_021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-30, 04:08   Link #35
Procris

I don't care either way. Itachi, has always been a psycho (killing his whole village including his parents, after all) but hes one of those "cool" psycho's.
Procris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-30, 04:15   Link #36
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Procris View Post
I don't care either way. Itachi, has always been a psycho (killing his whole village including his parents, after all) but hes one of those "cool" psycho's.
He *was* one of the cool psychos. Not anymore.

His expression reminded us a few other characters' expressions, Oro's, Hidan's, Deidara's, basically, characters who are doomed to disappear. I guess, the moment they remove the coolness mask is the trigger of an unavoidable end...
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-30, 04:31   Link #37
james0246

I guess I like the changes that Itachi has gone through. Before he was never really that 'badass' as many have so eloquently called him. He was just kind of there, and while he did have the power to kill you in less than a heartbeat, I honestly never saw him as being that powerful or difficult of an opponent, for some strange reason. Some fans would like you to think that Itachi was cool like say Aoishi from Rurouni Kenshin was cool, you know the stoic, angsty, badass type. But really Itachi was nothing more than a zombie, a pile of flesh with no personality that just happens to be able to kill you. Now, that he has gone off the deep-end, he is far more fun and interesting. I guess that I just preffer a villian that likes bathing in the blood of the innocent . (Oh, Shishio every good Shounen needs you at its heart .)
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-30, 07:11   Link #38
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE

i'm so dissapointed.

Before Itachi was this uber/emo/everything great. now he is just another phyco who wants power......So sad. to see the death of a great character.

Yes i do mean Death. now that he has revealed his true motives Sasuke can kill him. because he is just anther phyco in search of power. that practiclly gives Sasuke the green light to go and kill him. if it had been other explanation than Sasuke would not be able to kill him but, now he will.

Before Itachi revealed his motives he was untouchable. but, now he still is a prolific ninja, but because of his motives he can be killed off. and the most convienent person is Sasuke if not Naruto.

Phyco's in search for power always die in the end. The good previal.

Last edited by kayote; 2008-01-30 at 07:46.
kayote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-30, 09:51   Link #39
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayote View Post
i'm so dissapointed.

Before Itachi was this uber/emo/everything great. now he is just another phyco who wants power......So sad. to see the death of a great character.

Yes i do mean Death. now that he has revealed his true motives Sasuke can kill him. because he is just anther phyco in search of power. that practiclly gives Sasuke the green light to go and kill him. if it had been other explanation than Sasuke would not be able to kill him but, now he will.

Before Itachi revealed his motives he was untouchable. but, now he still is a prolific ninja, but because of his motives he can be killed off. and the most convienent person is Sasuke if not Naruto.

Phyco's in search for power always die in the end. The good previal.
That prediction begs the question...what does Sasuke have in his arsenal that could possibly compete with Mangekyo Sharingan?

Normal Sharingan and its powers which Itachi has mastered? Uchiha ninjutsu skills that Itachi also has and used to teach Sasuke as a child? Chidori which proved useless in their last battle and which Itachi can copy? Orochimaru's jutsu Sasuke inherited from possessing him or the ones he was taught (remember Itachi's line, "Before these eyes all your jutsu are useless")?

Mangekyo Sharingan isn't worth shit if Sasuke can beat Itachi at this stage. This battle is an obvious setup to show us what an MS user can do when facing a formidable opponent. I believe that Sasuke will put up a good fight but be defeated, spared and then seek out the MS for himself (i.e. kill Naruto) in order to beat Itachi, realizing that without it he cannot win.
Old 2008-01-30, 12:23   Link #40
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticNinjaJay View Post
That prediction begs the question...what does Sasuke have in his arsenal that could possibly compete with Mangekyo Sharingan?

Normal Sharingan and its powers which Itachi has mastered? Uchiha ninjutsu skills that Itachi also has and used to teach Sasuke as a child? Chidori which proved useless in their last battle and which Itachi can copy? Orochimaru's jutsu Sasuke inherited from possessing him or the ones he was taught (remember Itachi's line, "Before these eyes all your jutsu are useless")?

Mangekyo Sharingan isn't worth shit if Sasuke can beat Itachi at this stage. This battle is an obvious setup to show us what an MS user can do when facing a formidable opponent. I believe that Sasuke will put up a good fight but be defeated, spared and then seek out the MS for himself (i.e. kill Naruto) in order to beat Itachi, realizing that without it he cannot win.
Sasuke also has CS to make him stronger, though I think he may avoid using it against Itachi (as a matter of principle)

But remember, Sasuke doesn't necessarily have to overpower Itachi with his own MS. Itachi might make a mistake, or leave an opening like Sasori did. Granted, Itachi is very calculating, but he can be arrogant and sees MS as being virtually invincible. That assumption might even work against him. Sasuke still has Sharingan, which means he can resist MS, even if he can't overpower it. If he could endure and create an opening, he could win.

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote