AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

View Poll Results: Shakugan no Shana II - Episode 24 Rating
Perfect 10 75 29.41%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 61 23.92%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 47 18.43%
7 out of 10 : Good 38 14.90%
6 out of 10 : Average 13 5.10%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 7 2.75%
4 out of 10 : Poor 4 1.57%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 0.78%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.39%
1 out of 10 : Painful 7 2.75%
Voters: 255. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-03-27, 15:12   Link #21
Sidestep
Bumpy jumpy~!
*Graphic Designer

Spoiler:
Old 2008-03-27, 15:16   Link #22
Kristen
*Author

Spoiler for Episode 24:
Old 2008-03-27, 15:22   Link #23
Dragon-Emperor
Hand of Ragnaros

Okay I haven't read anything else in the thread since my last post. I opened the thread to view the poll results, SMILED and then scrolled to the bottom to reply.
This could be WAY off, but considering ChrissieXD rated it a 1, things look good for my favorite flame haze in the ways of love! 60% done downloading. This will be a long 25 minutes to wait!
Old 2008-03-27, 15:36   Link #24
piku
Wilhelmina Carmel my love

Send a message via MSN to piku
very satisfactory on the script. it give a good answer on why konoe fumina is that essential for SnS2. also interesting setting on that 'GOU NO RITSUZOU'. the ending is not that bad at all.

the BGM, drawing style, battle scenes and the special ED is just matched very well and overall in high performance.

Spoiler for episode 24 and original novel:
poor ike, sato good job, thanks for the service scene(?) of wilhelmina. also for the tears of hekate and kazumi.

although there are no news on 3rd season/OVA/movies, i think there will be no difficulties for jointing to SnS3 or original novel's story with this ending. just looking forward and wait patiently for SnS3 or something like that...

overall SnS2 is better in the last half, including stories and battle sences. surely the anime original story is interesting enough, but it will be better as OVAs or drama CD but not to spend time and then squeeze the novels contents in few episode. put more effort on some parts of the stories from original novel is more important as it may affect how the audience understand the further story. generally all character is fantastic, although we can see ogata is the queen in SnS2...

Last edited by piku; 2008-03-27 at 15:48.
Old 2008-03-27, 15:43   Link #25
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Just hearing the spoilers, and I don't like it. I'm sure I will like the battle, but contrary to my wishes, they are leaving enough room for a season 3. The implied ending seems to be forced, and while I'm happy to see Shana "win", quote unquote, the way it was done just throws me off.

I'm not happy with this at all. Now we're going to have to wait about three years to see how un-canonical Season 3 will be. And as far as I'm concerned, J.C. Staff is now relying on Takahashi to lead them to money, which will not be guaranteed.
Old 2008-03-27, 15:58   Link #26
Malintex_Terek
Mahjong Triple Pro

Shana fans or just fans in general on this board are waaaaaaay too forgiving. This whole second season was terrible; what wasn't novel material was downright awful and generic, what was novel material was poorly paced, awkward, and unexciting. The show was marred by poor production and seemed dead-set for mediocrity and another season from episode one; in mahjong lingo, the players went for a cheap hand this round to prolong the game into another round.

This marks the second sequel that JC Staff has screwed up, the first being the (albeit worse) ZnT II; the boundless optimism of this forum be darned, when the filler ending started I forecasted disaster and my pessimism was ultimately confirmed.

There's really not much to say here except that the anime is little more than promotion for the novels, which aren't accessible to most of us. Waiting years and years for more Shana when we waited two for this ostensibly horrible season just doesn't make it worth it.

Even as far as the "GAR" is concerned, I find Yuuji's ultimate incarnation to be awesome but still, it's not worth the wait. Nor was it worth the wait in R+V, or in GL - wading through the emo, the harem, the mindless fanservice for even a speck of GAR really says something about how desperate some of us are for good anime.

And Shana II is not a good anime.

/fin

Last edited by Malintex_Terek; 2008-03-27 at 17:13. Reason: spelling.
Old 2008-03-27, 16:10   Link #27
CapoExecutor
In R'lyeh where he dreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malintex_Terek View Post
Shana fans or just fans in general on this board are waaaaaaay too forgiving. This whole second season was terrible; what wasn't novel material was downright awful and generic, what was novel material was poorly pace, awkward, and unexciting. The show was marred by poor production and seemed dead-set for mediocrity and another season from episode one; in mahjong lingo, the players went for a cheap hand this round to prolong the game into another round.

This marks the second sequel that JC Staff has screwed up, the first being the (albeit worse) ZnT II; the boundless optimism of this forum be darned, when the filler ending started I foretasted disaster and my pessimism was ultimately confirmed.

There's really not much to say here except that the anime is little more than promotion for the novels, which aren't accessible to most of us. Waiting years and years for more Shana when we waited two for this ostensibly horrible season just doesn't make it worth it.

Even as far as the "GAR" is concerned, I find Yuuji's ultimate incarnation to be awesome but still, it's not worth the wait. Nor was it worth the wait in R+V, or in GL - wading through the emo, the harem, the mindless fanservice for even a speck of GAR really says something about how desperate some of us are for good anime.

/fin
J.C. Staff could redo the second season again and pretended that Shana II never happened.
Old 2008-03-27, 16:12   Link #28
Samanosuke
Genma Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapoExecutor View Post
J.C. Staff could redo the second season again and pretended that Shana II never happened.
I like that Idea.
But it will never happen ;_;
Old 2008-03-27, 16:27   Link #29
gekko

I think if you haven't read the novels, i would say this season is just fine

btw can a novel reader pm me if the triangle is still on in the novel of that some development happend, i hate that love relations get dragged (i prefer some content after the choice has been made (love hina,I's) instead of ending it al together with the pairing
Old 2008-03-27, 16:27   Link #30
metronome
Mad Loli

zetsubo da......

Spoiler:
Old 2008-03-27, 16:29   Link #31
teelotes
·¥äkítðrý·

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissieXD View Post
Spoiler for Episode 24:
That particular scene must have been hard for you.

Spoiler for Kasumi:
Old 2008-03-27, 16:32   Link #32
teelotes
·¥äkítðrý·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samanosuke View Post
I like that Idea.
But it will never happen ;_;
They could come up with a movie version though. Gekijouban SnS had improvements in the animation and also added more details in the plot.
Old 2008-03-27, 16:34   Link #33
deffusse
otaku[SK]

what is it all about?

That episode was actualy a piece of shit, sorry for s-word, but there's no way to call it any other way..
Spoiler for 24:
Old 2008-03-27, 16:38   Link #34
FiREwing

I'm actually relatively satisfied with this season. If I pretend that the first couple episodes did not happen.
Old 2008-03-27, 16:39   Link #35
Dragon-Emperor
Hand of Ragnaros

I liked the episode a lot. However, with the amount of things people wanted to see happen from the novels by the time Sabracs time on stage was done, and the amount that was given to them, I can see how some people will be unhappy. In the end however, this is the anime and not the books and expecting them to connect with each other to such an uncreative extent is ridiculous. (I hope we don't need to go into the 'margeting' rants again)
This season started off a little slow, and then became painful for a small while (to some), while to others the break from climactic battles and book-related timeline wasn't bad at all.
Spoiler for Hecate:

Spoiler for Ending:

Fantastic episode, good series. SnS2 was not as good as 1 in my personal opinion, but it DEFINATELY was not a 'bad' season. The episode scores will speak for themselves in this community. Of course there is bound to be a few people saying they hated it... but hey, those are the same people who said they would "Drop this anime right now" 5 episodes ago lol.

Old 2008-03-27, 16:42   Link #36
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Quote:
Shana fans or just fans in general on this board are waaaaaaay too forgiving. This whole second season was terrible; what wasn't novel material was downright awful and generic, what was novel material was poorly pace, awkward, and unexciting. The show was marred by poor production and seemed dead-set for mediocrity and another season from episode one; in mahjong lingo, the players went for a cheap hand this round to prolong the game into another round.

This marks the second sequel that JC Staff has screwed up, the first being the (albeit worse) ZnT II; the boundless optimism of this forum be darned, when the filler ending started I foretasted disaster and my pessimism was ultimately confirmed.

/fin
As much as I agree that episode 24 was indeed yet another rush job, you have a history of taking things to the extreme. I'd like to rebut, but I simply don't have the time for you.
Old 2008-03-27, 16:57   Link #37
Devard

10/10, I really liked this episode. The art was very well done and the pacing was good.

I shall also officially eat my words since I was one of the proponents last year that believed that the anime would end with the novels, I guess not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazinCeladon View Post
Spoiler for Episode 24 thoughts:
The CD is already out, it is named sense and is on Mami Kawada's SAVIA album.
Old 2008-03-27, 17:24   Link #38
Malintex_Terek
Mahjong Triple Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by minhtam2448 View Post
As much as I agree that episode 24 was indeed yet another rush job, you have a history of taking things to the extreme.
I'm being pretty reasonable here, especially since there was one series in the past year that delivered quite well - Seto no Hanayome. From GONZO no less. SnH gave me hope that future harem shows could amount to something more than indecision and panty shots, much like how Baccano! showed that anime doesn't need big name c.v.'s, fancy promotion or fanservice to make a fudge win, kick-arse series.

But for every SnH and Baccano! there's fish flops like Shana II; overpromoted, overhyped, over the top, under funded and rushed.
Old 2008-03-27, 17:38   Link #39
lua thien
Fallen Exile

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX HBK View Post
Second time that the Balle Masque underestimated the unexpected factor named Sakai Yuji. But I guess the whole Konoe arc wasn't completely useless in the end. Second time that Hecate displays emotion.

Another year and a half before the third season emerges. Can't there be some anime original enemies in the third season because the Balle Masque is just FUCKIN' BORING! Balle Masque doing this... Balle Masque planning that...

Throw in some third party elements and make this Maelstrom of Warfare that is in Misaki City turn into a free-for-all where everyone can try killing each other 24/7! (fuel to rant now at zero).
@DX HBK.

Despite the fact that you started a pointless rant back in the Episode 15 thread of this series, I suddenly feel like I should lobby your expertise in providing the J.C. Staff some much better combat "choreography" for the third season of Shakugan no Shana.

Don't ask me why.
Old 2008-03-27, 17:44   Link #40
Crisano

Quote:
But for every SnH and Baccano! there's fish flops like Shana II; overpromoted, overhyped, over the top, under funded and rushed.
Out of curiosity, how was Shakugan no Shana II overpromoted and overhyped? I mean, high expectations ruin the ride, if said expectations are caused by the person doing the watching. Then again, I cannot say ____ was overhyped because I do not live in Japan, where most of the hype and promotion would come from.
Closed Thread