Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2009-06-10, 03:59   Link #21
Takeru
Jag äter idioter
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Takeru
I wasn't suggesting upgrading to 7. Especially since it's still merely a Release Candidate. I was just suggesting where I get the drivers in my system that seem to work without issue on my side.
Old 2009-06-21, 23:06   Link #22
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

I think I finally solve the problem... After I revert the Broadcom Wireless drivers, the graphics crash was still happening until I disable the nForce Networking Adapter which miraculously got rid of the nvkm crashes while using 3D apps for some very odd reason I can't explain... nVidia either way really need to fix it's nForce drivers... the nForce networking adapters are notorious for driver problems and not working properly.

Now using the 186.xx series drivers with no problems, but I need to revert my nForce Networking Drivers to stock Apple Bootcamp Drivers.

Edit: That didn't resolve it, but I toned down the overclocking settings and it seems to be stable again, although the reinstall of Vista X64 was unnecessary.

Last edited by chikorita157; 2009-06-23 at 17:31.
chikorita157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-22, 02:38   Link #23
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

I like the 185.85 drivers. Finally CUDA and Direct3D are not mutually exclusive. Since my system is overpowered for most games anyway I am not too disappointed by performance penalties.
I am just glad that I don't have to fear that my system hangs up anymore... just because Folding@Home GPU and an DirectX application are running in parallel (e.g. I often forgot to pause the Folding@Home client before fullsizing Youtube videos, which in turn made the whole system freeze).
Old 2009-09-09, 11:52   Link #24
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

Looks like I figured out my problem with my Graphics card keep crashing. I finally figured out that Apple reduces the CPU clocking by 50% when you remove the battery from the Macbook Pro laptop because without the battery, it seems to demand more power from the power adaptor. I was overclocking my system without the battery which caused the system to become unstable since the overclocking was using more wattage than the power supply can provide which is 85W.

Not to mention, placing the battery back into the Macbook Pro made the computer more responsive...

Tags
drivers, nvidia