Closed Thread

Old 2009-06-02, 08:37   Link #21
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Quote:
Originally Posted by denice25 View Post
Ayakashi
Kyuuketsuki Miyu....
Read before you post. I said I don't want anything from before 2000, or even if it's made at 2000+ it still shouldn't look like anime from 90's. Plus both of those were already suggested.
Old 2009-06-02, 11:09   Link #22
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
I do like more animes with sci-fi+Fantasy rather than just pure sci-fi, like Planetes. I've seen Noein for example, and I really liked it.
If that's the case, and you're not watching it already, you'll probably also enjoy the currently-airing Eden of the East.
Old 2009-06-02, 11:24   Link #23
Dist

Yeah, I am watching Eden of the East already, in fact. It's great aswell.

I just browsed through like 500 titles of anime with AniDB and it makes me feel I've seen all good anime there is, and left with only bad ones ;<. Only occasionally I'll find some good anime, but even then I'll finish it in two days or less >.<.
Old 2009-06-02, 18:09   Link #24
Rawgers
Nyaa~

Quote:
And well yeah I guess you're right about Dennou Coil, just didn't think about it so thoroughly. And I have to say, I do like more animes with sci-fi+Fantasy rather than just pure sci-fi, like Planetes. I've seen Noein for example, and I really liked it.

Also as for Serial Experiments Lain, like I said, art before from 2000 is a huge turnoff. What I don't get is that why the cover of the DVD box of Lain looks so good, why the hell is the animation so crappy looking ? Since the anime is from 1998, I'd expect the cover to look bad aswell.
Since you do not mind Sci-Fi with some fantasy, I shall recommend you two great series, Kaiba and Toward the Terra. Kaiba has a unique art style (not old looking) which may either turn you off, or not. The story however, is pretty great. Toward the Terra is more of a Sci-Fi with some fantasy added into it.

Sorry that I did not read the post that mentions "post-2000". And sorry if my recommendations are completely off on what you are looking for.

P.s Serial's animation, even though it is plain, is much better than a lot of post-2000 shows. But I do understand that old animation turns you off (similar to me in the past)
Old 2009-06-03, 09:16   Link #25
Dist

I don't know about Kaiba cause I couldn't find any pictures from google ( stupid yu-gi-oh kept popping up ), but when I saw the cover of Toward the Terra already earlier by someone's suggestion.. I was like X_X.

It looks.. awful. Perhaps I'm just picky but that art was a total turn off, and no matter how great story it is, if the visuals don't please me, I can't watch it :<.
Old 2009-06-03, 17:38   Link #26
Rawgers
Nyaa~

Quote:
I don't know about Kaiba cause I couldn't find any pictures from google ( stupid yu-gi-oh kept popping up ), but when I saw the cover of Toward the Terra already earlier by someone's suggestion.. I was like X_X.

It looks.. awful. Perhaps I'm just picky but that art was a total turn off, and no matter how great story it is, if the visuals don't please me, I can't watch it :<.
Ehh. Picky picky picky. Eh, I have a feeling you will not like the animation of Kaiba.
Spoiler for Examples (Top is just the cover/Bot is the actual show):
Old 2009-06-04, 01:12   Link #27
Shadow Kira01

Quote:
Like title says, I'd like to hear some recommendations for Horror anime, with a supernatural element. Which basically means, do not suggest anime such as Higurashi or alike.
Generally, you like supernatural animes similar to what I like or possibly, we might like the same sort of supernatural animes. This makes my recommendations easier..

3x3 Eyes
Ga-Rei -Zero-
Rental Magica
Shikabane Hime
Shounen Onmyouji
tactics
Tokyo Majin Gakuen

Actually, there aren't that many.. You can count also count Asagiri no Miko, Izumo and Kekkaishi but those aren't very good. Izumo is good but the animation is a bit old.. It is an adaptation of a visual novel game, I believe..
Old 2009-06-06, 08:34   Link #28
Haladflire65
*Artist

What about Kuroshitsuji? It features a demon butler, who's one of the coolest of his kind. Set in 19th century London, it's an excellent series with a good story, mystery, fantasy, horror elements (it's not terrifying or anything, but there's some creepy images), drama and comedy. The ending is great. I really enjoyed it; Kuroshitsuji's one of my favourites.
Old 2009-06-29, 18:44   Link #29
Re-l

Well I know a few but some aren't really too horror.

Comedy/Horror:
Zombie Loan

Twisted Psychological Horror:
Mnemosyne

Hope this helps.
Closed Thread

Tags
horror, supernatural