AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2009-06-23, 15:04   Link #21
james0246

^Honestly, I kind of think that Madara/Tobi is just goofing off with Sasuke. Specifically, Sasuke seems to act as a great distraction to a great many characters. Itachi, Konoha and now even Kumo are now exclusively focused on Sasuke, to the detriment of them finding the real villain. In other words, Sasuke just seems like a patsy, and as so long as others focus exclusively on him, then Madara can complete his goals, whatever they may be.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-23, 15:10   Link #22
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via ICQ to AuroraFlash Send a message via MSN to AuroraFlash
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
We all know Naruto's "friendship jutsu" and Samui team are the new friends (what a funny bunch though ).
Wait till Naruto first sees Samui. He has never seen her until now. He'll definitely fall in love, because she's hot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fipskuul View Post
A secret that almost every bad guy associated with Akatsuki should know, and almost all the people in Konoha know. The story even made Kyuubi a partner for Konoha to keep it secret for nearly 12 years. From a story point of view, the problem is how it stayed as a secret when so many people had known about it for a long time. There is a reason why Anbu masks are used even inside the village, in front of the people you are expected to trust.
I like the idea of seeing Naruto in an ANBU suit. It would be the one thing that could anonymize him and it would be something different. Just not orange. Not that it doesn't suit him, but Sasuke's had so many different outfits while Naruto's was almost the same. In fact, his new one looked as if he recycled his old one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
...and a Pizza Place.
Pizza pizza pizza pie, pizza pizza pie...
Old 2009-06-23, 15:11   Link #23
Crimson Reaper

Quote:
A secret that almost every bad guy associated with Akatsuki should know
That's because it's part of their plan to know who the jinchuuriki are, plus most likely Itachi told them about Naruto since he's from Konoha. The whole group is made of ninja who had access to their village's biggest secrets before they left.

Quote:
and almost all the people in Konoha know
But that's still only in Konoha, not other villages. Secrets are enforced with harsh punishments so it's not really an issue.

Quote:
Naruto being a jinchuuriki is only a secret to Naruto's generation
No it's still an S-Rank secret, the 3rd only went that extra mile to stop Naruto's generation from knowing to give him a chance of a normal life.
Which failed. Not even Orochimaru knew Naruto was a Jinchuuriki until he went all Grrr on him.

I might be wrong but no-one in Konoha knew Gaara was a Jinchuuriki right? If the Raikage had known who Naruto was then wouldn't he have had Team Samui tail him since he would be the next target for Akatsuki after Killer Bee?
Hell if Naruto was widely known to the other villages as the container of the most powerful Bijuu then he would have been targeted for many reasons years ago.
Crimson Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-23, 15:33   Link #24
iBeast

So it's confirmed or what...why do you guys talk about unconfirmed things...
iBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-23, 15:48   Link #25
lotus_lee

Well, I've read a few translations and they are all very similar. Previous experience has shown that they can be relied on.

So many possibilities I can think of. 2-3 chapters ago, Naruto said he 'understood' a bit of Sasuke's pain finally, and that the next time they fight, he will fight him for real. So it makes sense right? Naruto 'should' be protecting his new Hokage and killing off Sasuke, as Sasuke is not only a missing-nin, but now also a threat to Danzou. In addition, Team Cloud and Raikage still believe Killer Bee to be dead, and will want to kill Sasuke for revenge.

However, can Naruto really bring himself to fight Sasuke full on (as if it's the very last epic battle that we have waited over 400 chapters for), or will he not give a monkeys about Danzou's wellbeing, and try his 'Friend no Jutsu' to make Sasuke stop and realise how he is being manipulated by Madara. In addition, no doubt news that Killer Bee is still alive will eventually reach Raikage and Team Cloud, and thus they will no longer have a grudge against Sasuke.

As a result, I believe Naruto and Sasuke will meet but it will be nothing more than talking, and not the final epic battle that they are destined for. But as this is a Kage summit and no doubt many powerful figures will be present, a lot of new allegiances or enemies can be made here. There are so many possibilities!
lotus_lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-23, 15:52   Link #26
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Reaper View Post
I love how Naruto just blurts out one of Konoha's biggest secrets like it was nothing. Doesn't matter how that info might be used against him later. Into the Bingo book you go Naruto!
I really don't think Naruto cares about that... i mean who can take care of Naruto right now? The only ones who can take care of him are strong 4 man or more squads.
Naruto can be considered one of the strongest shinobi around. He's definetly comparable to a kage level shinobi.

I'd say without the kyuubi chakra (eyes) and sennin chakra he's considered amoung the top jounins of the village. But once Sennin Mode activates he's beyond the kages. And honestly Sasuke isnt ready yet.. things are probably going as planned for Madara because Sasuke's next challenge will be Naruto who is currently stronger.

It'll be just like the valley of the end where Naruto started out as the stronger one but Sasuke emerged victorious.

Quote:
^Honestly, I kind of think that Madara/Tobi is just goofing off with Sasuke. Specifically, Sasuke seems to act as a great distraction to a great many characters. Itachi, Konoha and now even Kumo are now exclusively focused on Sasuke, to the detriment of them finding the real villain. In other words, Sasuke just seems like a patsy, and as so long as others focus exclusively on him, then Madara can complete his goals, whatever they may be.
The thing which bothers me is:

# Within the village of Konoha there are thousands of shinobi and atleast 5 other shinobi who are close to Kakashi's level or perhaps even better.
# The world probably has more problems then just Sasuke or just Akatsuki
# The Raikages brother got kidnapped by a former Konoha shinobi (are Cloud and Konoha still allied? because they wouldnt need permission otherwise right?)

So...in other words.. why does it seem as if that's the only problem Konoha has or the rest of the shinobi world... if you would compare this to one piece then Sasuke would be famous all over the world after just one or two achievements. And it doesnt seem because of the fact that he's the sole survivor of his clan. Looks like reviving his clan is nothing but bull...because everytime he's around horny chicks and he doesnt seem to know how he could revive his clan...even with Kakashi as his sensei.

Anyway wouldn't you think that Konoha has enough in store to deal with Akatsuki and Sasuke... without sending the traditional and same people all the time. I'd say the massive attack on Akatsuki by Tsunade was one of the things i liked. (When searching for Hidan and Kakuzu) Unfortunatly though it were the same main-side-characters who caught them instead of the other fodder jounins.
Old 2009-06-23, 15:54   Link #27
Hanzoman
Banned

Quote:
You mean like the pretty much almost all of akatsuk? Wasn't Madara hiding behind pretty much all of akatsuki? I mean, who wasn't a pawn(maybe zetsu and probably kisame)? And even that is perceptual since all of the members are also in it for themselves.

And about "goofing off", I'm not sure what you mean. He sent him on a real mission; I don't think he sent him there expecting him to fail... Either way, it seems he'd have a back up plan whether Sasuke failed or not.
Hanzoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-23, 15:55   Link #28
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
No it's still an S-Rank secret,
S-ranked secret? what next, S-ranked boobs?

Naruto information about beeng a Jinchuriki is a secret of Konoha, just as any other info from the village, Naruto just could care less to whom he gives this information (at least the Jinkuriki part).
Old 2009-06-23, 15:55   Link #29
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

So Sasuke will go to the summit as Madara's bodyguard. If that would be One Piece, I could have imagined extremely funny scenes, when both disclose their real identities. But here, it brings only sadness to imagine the possibilities and the reality we can get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurik View Post
Maybe, S-ranked clothes. That means, Naruto needs another upgrade.

Quote:
Naruto information about beeng a Jinchuriki is a secret of Konoha, just as any other info from the village, Naruto just could care less to whom he gives this information (at least the Jinkuriki part).
I think that has become a "was". With Sandaime's death, Akatsuki's attacks, and Naruto's heroics, the secret caught up with the reality.

Quote:
Specifically, Sasuke seems to act as a great distraction to a great many characters. Itachi, Konoha and now even Kumo are now exclusively focused on Sasuke, to the detriment of them finding the real villain.
Interestingly this distraction may be something that may unify the world of ninjas against Madara. Not sure that is something Madara wants. Madara, to me, is someone that has only focused on a few items and does not care what happens outside those areas. And, to me, what happens outside that, will slowly penetrate into his scheme and eventually destroy it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Johnny 5 View Post
# Within the village of Konoha there are thousands of shinobi and atleast 5 other shinobi who are close to Kakashi's level or perhaps even better.
5? I count only three, one is halfway dead, one is guaranteed to die (and who may not even be as strong as him), and one is guaranteed to become Kage sometime in the future. Who are the other two that are better than him? Yet, I don't even know the connection between this part and the rest.

Last edited by Sazelyt; 2009-06-23 at 16:12.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-23, 16:08   Link #30
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Well the spoiler is interesting if it's true. I wonder if Madara's "Eye of the Moon " plan has any association with Tsukuyomi, since the name of the technique means "Moon Reader"

Quote:
No it's still an S-Rank secret, the 3rd only went that extra mile to stop Naruto's generation from knowing to give him a chance of a normal life.
Which failed. Not even Orochimaru knew Naruto was a Jinchuuriki until he went all Grrr on him.

I might be wrong but no-one in Konoha knew Gaara was a Jinchuuriki right? If the Raikage had known who Naruto was then wouldn't he have had Team Samui tail him since he would be the next target for Akatsuki after Killer Bee?
Hell if Naruto was widely known to the other villages as the container of the most powerful Bijuu then he would have been targeted for many reasons years ago.
Kakashi casually mentioned that Naruto was a jinchuuriki to Chiyo if I remember right
Also, it seems like the only reason Naruto mentioned he was a jinchuuriki was because the Cloud-nin mentioned Killer Bee was also one. If the cloud-nin revealed Killer Bee as a host then likely it's not classified info in most villages.

Quote:
Yes!
Tsunade: S-rank
Sasumi: A-rank
Hintata: B-rank

...Sakura: E-rank

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-23, 16:15   Link #31
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fipskuul View Post
I think that has become a "was". With Sandaime's death, Akatsuki's attacks, and Naruto's heroics, the secret caught up with the reality.
I was thinking more about outsiders from the village.
Old 2009-06-23, 16:15   Link #32
Hanzoman
Banned

Quote:
be just like the valley of the end where Naruto started out as the stronger one but Sasuke emerged victorious.
Actually they were both pretty equal, throughout the entire fight. When one of them turned up the heat, the other one did as well.

Quote:
# The world probably has more problems then just Sasuke or just Akatsuki
And how many problems would you like Konoha to focus on at the same time? Is Konoha responsible for dealing with all the “problems” in the shinobi world?

Quote:
# The Raikages brother got kidnapped by a former Konoha shinobi (are Cloud and Konoha still allied? because they wouldnt need permission otherwise right?)
Perhaps that’s the reason why they’re having the meeting? To talk things out and clear up the confusion?

Quote:
So...in other words.. why does it seem as if that's the only problem Konoha has or the rest of the shinobi world...
Its their current priority. How many issues do you want them to deal with exactly? Sure the shinobi world must have other “problems” but this obviously something that calls for immediate action.

Quote:
Looks like reviving his clan is nothing but bull...because everytime he's around horny chicks and he doesnt seem to know how he could revive his clan...
So, its “bull” because he hasn’t worked on actually building a clan yet…. Yes, now would be a great time for him to worry about that. I remember it said that he wanted to avenge the murdered clan first.

Quote:
Anyway wouldn't you think that Konoha has enough in store to deal with Akatsuki and Sasuke... without sending the traditional and same people all the time. I'd say the massive attack on Akatsuki by Tsunade was one of the things i liked. (When searching for Hidan and Kakuzu) Unfortunatly though it were the same main-side-characters who caught them instead of the other fodder jounins.
Yeah, say that to an NBAcoach; “hey, do you have to send out your starter 5 when things get hectic”? Anyway, the “fodder jounins” as you call them played a very big part in that whole thing. It was a pretty nice fight.
Hanzoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-23, 16:27   Link #33
Crimson Reaper

Quote:
Now now we aren't talking about Sakura's attempts at learning Tsunade's Big Boobies no jutsu.

Quote:
Yes!
Tsunade: S-rank
Sasumi: A-rank
Hintata: B-rank

...Sakura: E-rank
See? Fear the value of S-Rank boobs!

Quote:
Kakashi casually mentioned that Naruto was a jinchuuriki to Chiyo if I remember right
A fair point, but Konoha and Suna are allies, so it's not unreasonable to share mutal secrets in the name of friendship.

Quote:
Also, it seems like the only reason Naruto mentioned he was a jinchuuriki was because the Cloud-nin mentioned Killer Bee was also one. If the cloud-nin revealed Killer Bee as a host then likely it's not classified info in most villages.
Another fair point, but aren't they themselves believing more and more that Killer Bee is dead? A secret about a dead man isn't worth much. But this point is very debatable, as a rescue would also expose his identity. I suppose Naruto is just being fair, in his own way.
But my main problem is that if he really wants to be Hokage he really needs to keep his mouth shut about certain things, that's all.
Crimson Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-23, 16:30   Link #34
Midnight Commander

Quote:
It'll be just like the valley of the end where Naruto started out as the stronger one but Sasuke emerged victorious.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanzoman View Post
Actually they were both pretty equal, throughout the entire fight. When one of them turned up the heat, the other one did as well.

Um, actually, naruto was the dominant one throughout the fight AND throughout the early manga despite what some people want to believe. Sasuke had to keep using extra powers just to keep up with naruto as he was getting more serious, and in the end naruto didn’t have the heart to knock out his friend. Naruto’s been making sasuke look bad since the beginning. He jumped in, beat up sauske and tied him all in a few seconds, quite easily(to fool sakura). If sasuke was really better than naruto that would have never happened. Even when it was first said that sasuke was going to be on narutos team, naruto immediately objected saying sasuke shouldn’t be teamed with someone of his caliber.
Midnight Commander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-23, 16:32   Link #35
james0246

^Wow, even I, as a well known Naruto fan, finds your post abit out there...

Sasuke was beyond Naruto for the majority of Part I, with Naruto only just catching up by the time they fought against each other (true, it is debatable whether Naruto lost the fight because he didn't attempt to kill Sasuke, but that is a side point and somewhat irrelevent considering that the fight was about Naruto not understanding Sasuke, and consequently not having the will power to defeat Sasuke (i.e. Sasuke's will was stronger)). Only recently can we make any sort of claim that Naruto might be stronger than Sasuke, and that will probably change once Sasuke masters the MS.

That being said, please can we not start another Sasuke v. Naruto discussion. There is no new evidence from the last discussion, so there is no real point in trying to argue "What iffs.." and the like.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-23, 16:33   Link #36
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraFlash View Post
Wait till Naruto first sees Samui. He has never seen her until now. He'll definitely fall in love, because she's hot.
Nah, Naruto only has eyes for Sakura...
But... Samui and Kakashi all the way

Something is telling me that Danzou will not live until the Hokage Election
Old 2009-06-23, 16:37   Link #37
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
Nah, Naruto only has eyes for Sakura...
But... Samui and Kakashi all the way
I'm usually not into yuri, but something about SamuixTemari makes my imagination travel
Old 2009-06-23, 16:42   Link #38
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
^Wow, even I, as a well known Naruto fan, finds your post abit out there....

I think (and hope) he was been sarcastic.
Old 2009-06-23, 17:07   Link #39
Master Mold
Banned

No confirmed spoilers yet huh?
Master Mold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-23, 17:20   Link #40
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Mold View Post
No confirmed spoilers yet huh?
No, no yet