AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2009-11-10, 22:07   Link #21
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

So why do you have an avatar from Maria sama the anime? (and a parody to boot) Well I guess that is one of your few exceptions
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-10, 22:28   Link #22
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
Final Fantasy VI, I believe that in the hands of the right studio and writer this could make an awesome anime especially with the themes it has in the game. Also Chrono Trigger, it would make an awesome shonen adventure anime and I hope Toei would definitrly anime this although people may complain about being a Dragonball Z clone since the character designs were done by the same artist.
Old 2009-11-11, 01:06   Link #23
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
It might suffer from the same problem Bleach has where loads of good guys are brought in and none of them die.
You might be right. However, despite this, look at how long Bleach has been around, and how popular it has been more-or-less throughout. But you never know. They might or might not make it a more "serious" anime, which might mean they have some characters die. It doesn't necessarily have to be a shounen anime.
Old 2009-11-11, 01:14   Link #24
Ansalem
Speaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
OMG yes! Although one of my personal favorites was the Sacred Stones and the more recent Dawn of Radiance and Radiant Dawn titles, but Fire Emblem in general is so story and character-heavy that it would make for a great anime. So many possibilities! Not to mention the fact that all the different game means there's potentially a lot of material to draw from.
It might suffer from the same problem Bleach has where loads of good guys are brought in and none of them die.
I don't know how much time you put in to Fire Emblem, but I don't think I ever finished a game with every character alive. There would always without fail be one of those levels where I spent an hour and a half playing and right before the end three dudes end up ganging up on the friggin Pegasus knight or something and kill her, and hell if I'm going to restart the level for her grgrgrrrrrrrr. Fire Emblem makes me bitter.
Ansalem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-11, 01:21   Link #25
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansalem View Post
I don't know how much time you put in to Fire Emblem, but I don't think I ever finished a game with every character alive. There would always without fail be one of those levels where I spent an hour and a half playing and right before the end three dudes end up ganging up on the friggin Pegasus knight or something and kill her, and hell if I'm going to restart the level for her grgrgrrrrrrrr. Fire Emblem makes me bitter.
Especially on the harder levels. I know when you play on Hard in Radiant Dawn 90% of the time you spend on each stage is defending Laura or Micaiah because they die in like one hit, and for a goodly portion of the game THEY ARE YOUR ONLY HEALERS.

So really, the nature of a potential anime would rely upon the "difficulty setting" the animation director wishes to portray.
Old 2009-11-11, 03:36   Link #26
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansalem View Post
Haha lol. Good times.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-11, 08:55   Link #27
Nyanderful_World

Kingdom Hearts, hahhaha

I always had this very uncomfortable feeling that there would be a Kingdom Hearts anime. Gosh I hope it never comes true.
Nyanderful_World is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-11, 18:25   Link #28
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
I think comparing anything good to Bleach is like an insult these days. And good people not dying doesn't mean it can't be a good series. And someone did actually die in Fire Emblem, it had a somewhat bittersweet end.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-12, 09:13   Link #29
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
BandaiNamco's Tales of Legendia but no fillers please!
it must be 100%, no i mean INFINITE% follows the game's plot DIRECTLY!
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-16, 10:07   Link #30
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Wow, not posted it awhile. Oh well~~

Yes, Tales of Destiny should be obvious. I would specifically would like to see the famous Lion scene in anime CG. That would be epic.

I would also like to see Shin megami Tensei as a series of anime, as well.

I want them to make Ar Tonelico into an anime (Them making a dub with the original voice actors. Karen Strassman did a superb job with Misha in AT1)

I would also like to see a Shining Tears anime. )No, not Shining x Wind, purely Shining Tears.)

I agree with H.E.X, Legendia would also be great. Though not on my top three. (Personally? I may just want to see Walter use his Feil-del-ques in an anime scene.)

Thats pretty much it for me.
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-16, 13:20   Link #31
Kyon-san
Facepalming

Send a message via AIM to Kyon-san Send a message via MSN to Kyon-san
I wouldn't mind seeing an anime version of FFIV. Seeing cecil, rosa, kain and the rest coming to life would probably get me hooked as long as they did it right. Some of the cutscenes in the DS version of it made me realize how nice it would be.

Chrono trigger: This one needs no introduction. Yes, I know there was a sorta CT episode but it failed, hard. Give it to a good studio and have it faithful to the game. I've read some good fanfics that can be changed into a game.

Star ocean EX is a good example of a RPG transformed into an anime. Some people didn't like it but I found it enjoyable to see classic characters come to life.

Finally, Lufia II would make a pretty good anime. It was such an epic RPG for it's time and I loved playing it through. MaximxSelin was a really good pairing if you played the game and how they got close from what they started.
Old 2010-02-16, 14:48   Link #32
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Js2756 View Post
Given that the vast majority of them are awful, none. Watching most anime series based on video games is like watching someone else play the game, which I find very, very boring.

I really believe that if something was supposed to be an anime, it would have been made that way in the first place.

As an aside, there was an Ar Tonelico OVA that was made when the game came out (it didn't cover the entire story though).
I look at it from the gamer perspective.

A lot of these video games probably shouldn't have been video games in the first place; it would have been better if they had been animes. Many of them are basically very linear, mildly interactive animes.

Not saying they weren't enjoyable, but that for many of them the story was the focus and/or the strength, and the actual gameplay seemed to be very much secondary.

It's kind of sad, actually... anime could really use a high epic fantasy title right now, and these JRPGs are just loaded with such fantasy narratives. But playing them is not quite the same as watching an anime, of course.
Old 2010-02-16, 15:52   Link #33
Lost Cause

Persona 3 and 4
SkyGunner and
Oni
Lost Cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-16, 15:57   Link #34
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Summon Night 1 and 2, both qualify for some great anime moments!
Quote:
Never use the Fiorina sisters in serious combat
I'm against a fire emblem anime, because of its extensive list of characters, which would turn the anime into a second bleach, and the rather complicated storylines (Lyn being kickass->Lyn being royalty->Lundgren being a traitorous knight->quintessence dragon summoning!?)
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-16, 16:18   Link #35
Kyon-san
Facepalming

Send a message via AIM to Kyon-san Send a message via MSN to Kyon-san
Wasn't there a (sorta) fire emblem anime already? I swear it was at least a movie or an one long episode thing x.x
Old 2010-02-16, 16:21   Link #36
justsomeguy

Ar Tonelico 1,2,3
Persona series (possibly starting with SMT:if?)
Riviera: The Promised Land (how come people mention Yggdra but not this?)
justsomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-16, 20:20   Link #37
Xion Valkyrie

Valkyrie Profile!
Radiata Stories.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-16, 20:28   Link #38
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
Valkyrie Profile!
I strongly agree on this.

A megalomaniacal villain that's totally lusting after the main protagonist... anime could do a lot with that.
Old 2010-02-16, 20:36   Link #39
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I strongly agree on this.

A megalomaniacal villain that's totally lusting after the main protagonist... anime could do a lot with that.
He even creates a loli clone of her =P
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-16, 21:13   Link #40
zato_1one

Yeah, I would love to see Valkyrie Profile get animated. Three Valkyries = Win.