AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-09-24, 17:46   Link #21
Baba
Grouky Freak

Send a message via ICQ to Baba Send a message via MSN to Baba
I think there are a few short story by Masamune Shirow that are done in full color and that are really gorgerous as far as I can remember. But since i got them off the net I don't know if they got published as part of an otherwise black&white album or as stand alones.
Also Akira has a full color version which I quite like, a wander it hasn't been named so far.
Old 2012-02-21, 19:24   Link #22
animefan97

Talking Great colored manga

the best colored manga i've read is "Noblesse". its about this noblesse (vampire) who awakens after 820 years of hibernation nd has no clue about the world now but is guided by his servant frankenstein. meanwhile, theres an organization called the union creating experiments of enhanced humans for reasons which will remain secret for now. each season has different enemies but some of the recent enemies stay in throughout the story. its an action, adventure, comedy, school life, shounen, and supernatural manga (there is no anime since its korean). nd its ongoing. i m still waitin 4 the next release. i finished reading all there is to read so far. but its a really good manga, i recommend readin it.

Last edited by Solace; 2012-03-10 at 06:20. Reason: Removed link
Old 2012-02-21, 20:48   Link #23
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by animefan97 View Post
the best colored manga i've read is "Noblesse". its about this noblesse (vampire) who awakens after 820 years of hibernation nd has no clue about the world now but is guided by his servant frankenstein. meanwhile, theres an organization called the union creating experiments of enhanced humans for reasons which will remain secret for now. each season has different enemies but some of the recent enemies stay in throughout the story. its an action, adventure, comedy, school life, shounen, and supernatural manga (there is no anime since its korean). nd its ongoing. i m still waitin 4 the next release. i finished reading all there is to read so far. but its a really good manga, i recommend readin it.
I hate to sound like an arse, seeing you're new and all, but please don't link to manga aggregator sites like that who only take advantage of the scanlator's hard work. If you truly value the webtoon, you should start reading it on Easy Going Scans's(they're the group who translates that series) online reader, which supports them AS well as the author, since reading there automatically opens a link to the actual webtoon, thus allowing the author/creator to get a "hit" which makes the author/creator money.

There's also already a topic for this series here.

Last edited by Solace; 2012-03-10 at 06:20. Reason: Don't quote the link
Old 2012-02-22, 00:34   Link #24
Xaturas

You necro quite an old thread you know.
First post 2003-11-14, 05:48
last before necro post 2004-09-24, 23:46

As for poster above me.
Nope he should go to http://www.mangaupdates.com/ and look each and every series there and follow to translators sites/ircs.
Old 2012-02-22, 02:12   Link #25
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

^A bit off-topic, but going to mangaupdates will just get you linked to EG's site anyway, since they're, well, the scanlators. And yes, they autolink to the author's Korean webtoon page if you click the "read" link on their chapter announcements (their reader doesn't do that directly). Nice courtesy I suppose, give the webtoon authors a bit more page hits.

But I do get your point, making a habit of going to MU for everything is better overall.

More on topic: I'm actually curious, anyone seen any cool colored manga -- as opposed to webtoons, artbooks, and so on -- recently?
Old 2012-03-09, 23:49   Link #26
gringe

I know of a few series that have been receiving colorizations in Japan lately. There's Highschool of the Dead of course though the English ominbus for that seems to be difficult to obtain now. The Japanese volumes are still available new from Amazon Japan though and I wouldn't be surprised if Yen Press reprints it.
http://tinyurl.com/6sdkg9m

Maken-ki has also had some select chapters colorized and released in collections.
http://tinyurl.com/7xtee6c
http://tinyurl.com/7qszxnc

And finally Onii-chan Control's first volume was released in full color. I'm not sure if future volumes will be too though.
http://tinyurl.com/8xjny7o
Old 2012-03-10, 05:33   Link #27
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

I can hardly find manga in color. There are color pages in magazine of course, but not the whole chapter or volume is in color. A few tankobon manga have color edition, they must be really popular (or a hit in niche audience) for those manga to get color edition.

Most webcomics are in color, but their quality is bad. Marvel and DC comics are in full color as well, but that's already well-known. Some comics are still in black-white though. Manhua (Chinese comics) are also in full color (in their home country) but outside China, they're just like manga (especially in Thailand, maybe to reduce the cost).

I found buying manga in Europe and USA to be a very expensive thing. They're not even in color (although the quality of the paper are much better than the ones in Japan and Thailand).

Korean manga (manhwa) are simply what its name implied (manga made by Korean, you won't find the difference besides Korean phrases and how some of them have inconsistant quality). Due to how unpopular comics is in Korea (as well as their stupid law regarding violent or nudity even if they're very mild), being manhwa artist in Korea sucks and the quality simply drops because the artists receive almost no reward for their attempt. Most manhwa just simply discontinued and disappeared.

They now have something called webtoons which I think is a nice move. The quality of webtoons varied greatly though. The only good points are that they're free to read online, non-average plot and they're all in full color. Everything else about them are inferior than manga. They're for readers who don't want to wait for the series to be published (online) more than a week (since all webtoons are weekly). And well, since they only receive money from portal sites, not the sale of published books (but some popular webtoons are available in physical format), that quality is to be expected.

My favorite webtoons are Noblesse, Trace, the Gods of High School, Tower of God. I really like how The God of High School utilize the advantage of webtoons and making the characters look like plast-in stickers but the characters don't look very nice. Tower of God has interesting plot and twists but the characters' gender are hard to tell because they made all shota and bishonen look like girls. Noblesse is very long and I kind of got tired from waiting to know the mysteries in that series already. Trace is even longer and I just simply hate everyone besides Mr. Beggar. I even hate how stupid the plot makes humanity to be (like capturing traces and their family members to perform inhuman experimentation but refuse to capture troubles to learn about them). I mean that's just retard!
Old 2012-03-10, 06:25   Link #28
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Printed color is very expensive, which is why most manga only use it for special occasions (celebrate a chapter release or a new popularity poll, that kind of thing). Manga itself is meant to be cheap when first hitting the streets...you tend not to see fancy color pages or other perks until the volume is released for collecting.