Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyvedelta View Post
>Dancouga Nova
Hey, at least there's something that catches my eye
*sigh*
when will Geass be in it...
With their appearance in ACER, we can be sure that it won't be long until the day we see them in SRW.

I'd like Gundam 00, Gundam W (TV series), FMP and Code Geass in the same game for a massive mess.
Old 2010-08-25, 14:37   Link #23
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
The selection from Gundam is severely lacking this time and that's saying something cause it feels like it's been the Seed/Endless Waltz show forever. Also unfortunately it looks like the picks were mostly from mecha series that were already featured in the latest games as well as ones I tried to watch but could never really get into. Not really interested in this one at all.

I also tend to agree with the sentiment regarding the DS titles. I have K but have barely played it and found W to simply be okay, but I loved Z on the PS2. Voice acting and a variety of mecha shows I actually care about (Big O, Gainer, Eureka Seven, Gundam X, Turn A etc) goes a long way.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-25, 15:44   Link #24
Rias

The selection reflects how much they like to reuse/rehash sprites from the older series...
Old 2010-08-25, 21:49   Link #25
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Lets see they used ADFJKLRZ, so they still have room for 18 more SRW with alphabets.

I am really disappointed with the all the new handheld ones having no UC and all Seed and Wing. Some interesting members here especially Frontier but still doesn't catch much interest for me.
Old 2010-08-26, 02:47   Link #26
Angelic Cross
Soul-eating Librarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Btw, I heard that Terada doesn't involved in this title, is it true? =/
From what I can see in the posted scans, it looks like he's still the producer for this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream
I am really disappointed with the all the new handheld ones having no UC and all Seed and Wing. Some interesting members here especially Frontier but still doesn't catch much interest for me.
Here's hoping that a 3DS iteration will have UC in it.
Angelic Cross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-26, 04:29   Link #27
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Mazinkaiser, Jeeg and Godannar is enough for me to get this game.
Old 2010-08-26, 08:21   Link #28
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Soo will it be in english someday?
Old 2010-08-26, 10:54   Link #29
YaminoSeigi

I guess Banpresto just want to make last srw for DS with less effort before they are making another SRW title for newer platform, at least i can see my favorite Vardant in action.
Old 2010-08-26, 13:58   Link #30
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Never except OG saga .
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-26, 15:12   Link #31
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

.... damn it alll.. why not?
Old 2010-08-26, 15:53   Link #32
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Yes... all you have to do is wait few years until I become a billionaire and buy the rights for all the robot anime and make Banpresto translate them . So until then be patient I am getting pretty close .
Old 2010-08-26, 16:15   Link #33
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
.... damn it alll.. why not?
Listen kid, the licensing rights in the US prevent any English releases.

Unlike Japan where all those series featured are under one huge umbrella of Bandai, the rights for those series are spread across half a dozen companies in America and everyone will want the largest share of the pie.

Of course, it is possible for an unauthorise translation to be dumped onto an alternative media of the game. But that will not be legal.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-26, 16:18   Link #34
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Curses.. Why does there gotta be soooo many companies

btw I dont know much about japanese Companies so no need for the "Kid" stuff ok?

Quote:
>Dancouga Nova
Hey, at least there's something that catches my eye
*sigh*
when will Geass be in it...
someday, until then we can only imagin how much fanservice they will put on Kallen
Old 2010-08-27, 04:14   Link #35
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

If only this robot was in the game.

Fan made btw
Old 2010-08-27, 21:03   Link #36
KBTKaiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sety View Post
Translated prologue for L, start your story speculation.

Story:

Human beings has advanced into space for a century. But it was not a peaceful path. Nuclear warfare has caused countless countries to reform, and the war against the Haniwa Empire (Jeeg) has caused a food shortage crisis on Earth. To solve this, the Earth has demanded supplies from the colonies, however that only resulted in a stale relationship between the two.

And 15 years ago...the second impact has thrown the Earth into a chaotic state. And lurking in the backgrounds in this ruined Earth are unknown forces such as the Daris army (Gaiking), Kadou organization (Linebarrel) and Dancouga (WTF?!) has begin their operations...To counter this, the Earth has strengthened their forces and demand the colonies to help; thus further worsening their relationship.

5 years ago...human beings have won the war against the mimetic beasts, however the fighting for human beings have not ceased to disappear. 3 years ago, a terrorist attack on the colonies has put the people in space into a full fledged war against those on Earth.

2 years ago...The war around has lasted for over a year and the Earth's sphere side has won, but it has weakened all the countries' defense. The mechanic beasts army has waited for this moment and has now taken their move. But the Earth has united with the colonies and formed the united federation/alliance/whatever to stopped their invasion. The newly formed united federation/alliance/whatever succeeded in stopping the mechanical beast army and mikene empire from taking over the world.

But this peace was shortly lived...after repelling the mikene empire, the Daris army has started to get serious. Not only that, the haniwa empire has revived to threaten the Earth's sphere once more. The only solution is to further strengthen their forces once more, but this has thrown humanity far away from the path of total pacificism.

And now....contacts with visitors from another world has opened the curtains of a new war...
If you recall from Nova, Dancouga's pilots were rotated every so often, so this was probably the C team in action or something.

On a side note, it'd be nice to speculate that Seed and Seed Destiny are freaking resolved. >>;
KBTKaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-28, 02:24   Link #37
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

For those who hope for english release can only hope for...fan translation
I heard there's some work of it in SRW K, but I don't know whether it's true or not.

Quote:
With their appearance in ACER, we can be sure that it won't be long until the day we see them in SRW.

I'd like Gundam 00, Gundam W (TV series), FMP and Code Geass in the same game for a massive mess.
I really hope so but the thing with Geass ending make me think that if it's going to be put in SRW, it will be in a series like @3 which feels like the end of a massive arc in SRW.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-28, 03:52   Link #38
Nayim

Quote:
For those who hope for english release can only hope for...fan translation
I heard there's some work of it in SRW K, but I don't know whether it's true or not.

I really hope so but the thing with Geass ending make me think that if it's going to be put in SRW, it will be in a series like @3 which feels like the end of a massive arc in SRW.
The ending was screw up because focus of Ideon's story, which is bad mecha choice.
Nayim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-29, 23:44   Link #39
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Mazinkaiser, Jeeg and Godannar is enough for me to get this game.
Not for me. I mean they've already done those in K and guess what...I already have K. I'm going to be cynical and say that at the very least the DS side of the SRW franchise has fallen into the pitfall that a lot of Japanese media has fallen into in the past decade. That whole attitude of "why put too much effort into our work when it's just going to sell based on it's name anyway". It's like they take almost no pride in anything anymore and just give the same crummy interview to Famitsu and go through all the motions without any passion and ambition whatsoever. Thank god for Miyamoto at least.....

Really though it shows quite blatantly in just how fast they are cranking these remakes and series/sprite rehashes out. SRW has always been a franchise where you know what to expect (i.e it's repetitive)....but that was in terms of basic gameplay elements. The selling point has always been in getting to control, use and upgrade mecha from across the greater spectrum of mecha titles out there. The list dictates everything about what to expect from the game.

And the only thing I find mildly interesting about this entry at the moment is the inclusion of a more obscure title in Iczer 1 (which I admit I'd never even heard of until now) amidst the dreadfully common titles that have had their story arcs told many times already and even recently.

Anyway I love the SRW Franchise and mecha and just hope that the damn country gets through this whole phase soon and starts giving the impression that they give a damn about making titles and having standards.

Though I suppose I can just laugh this all off as to be expected like Sety seems to have in the OP.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-30, 01:44   Link #40
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
I'm going to be cynical and say that at the very least the DS side of the SRW franchise has fallen into the pitfall that a lot of Japanese media has fallen into in the past decade. That whole attitude of "why put too much effort into our work when it's just going to sell based on it's name anyway". It's like they take almost no pride in anything anymore and just give the same crummy interview to Famitsu and go through all the motions without any passion and ambition whatsoever. Thank god for Miyamoto at least.....
If it's one of console's title, then I'd be agree with you, since I've always been believing that handheld title is their source of budget for bigger one on console, therefore the production quality won't be high (well, W was a surprise for me, though).

Beside, from what I heard, the Japanese doesn't take the announcing of SRW L as positive as we think. The amount of hate and disappointment among the fan surpasses what I've ever seen in this franchise.

Either way, there is still one "surprise" that Terada promised us that will be revealed at TGS, so embrace your hope (and rage ) until that time.

Oh, and, long time no see.