AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

Old 2004-03-21, 12:20   Link #21
Bullsquat
Strange Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErugiF NoitcA
does anyone know when this comes out, the preview looked great
I think it's coming out in July.

Last edited by Bullsquat; 2004-03-23 at 03:29.
Bullsquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-21, 12:25   Link #22
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TangentZ
Why is this called "My Hime" and not "Mai Hime" ( 舞.HIME )?
The official English title is 'My HIME" while the Japanese title is "舞 (Mai) HIME"... Like the others said its a pun

And yeah according to Moonphase this is coming in July...
Old 2004-03-21, 19:08   Link #23
TronDD
Team the box!

I'm skeptical. I think the music was the best part of that preview. I usually need a lot more than panties and magic tricks to like a show. Better be some sort of substance. The preview was pretty dramatic and it would be great if the show had that much energy.
TronDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-21, 19:33   Link #24
LinChoiSin

i think that most of the time if there's ecchi and /or fan service(isn't it the same thing?) in a show the plot won't be great and to me the story is the most interesting thing in an anime so i won't hope for much concerning "my hime" but maybe will i have a good surprise.
LinChoiSin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-21, 20:20   Link #25
TangentZ
神の一手

Send a message via ICQ to TangentZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman
The official English title is 'My HIME" while the Japanese title is "舞 (Mai) HIME"... Like the others said its a pun
Yeah, I get that it's a pun, and a pretty lame one at that.

I wouldn't have said anything if they (the Japanese studio making this anime) left it as "Mai Hime" (transliteration) or "My Princess" or "Princess Mai" (translation).

Old 2004-03-21, 22:29   Link #26
nubby

I don't know about you guys but it just looks like another Ikkitousen to me. Remember how horrible that anime show was?
nubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-21, 22:57   Link #27
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nubby
I don't know about you guys but it just looks like another Ikkitousen to me. Remember how horrible that anime show was?
There are a few anime/manga that look like Ikkitoussen but are much better than Ikkitoussen. So don't judge an anime by its looks.

And this is a Sunrise anime... IMO they generally don't disappoint.
Old 2004-03-27, 08:44   Link #28
Seiryuu

I gotta disagree with LinChoiSin. It seems to me that many of the better plotlines are ecchi'ed up, mainly to keep the viewers' attention while they build up to the good stuff. Both ecchi, and slapstick, which often go hand in hand. Look at Tenchi Muyo, for example. The story line is great. A guy suddenly finds out he's the grandson of the heir to a galactic empire, sort of engaged to the princess of said empire, and caught knee deep in countless schemes and conflicts. Moreover, he seems to have an ability that mortals should not be able to possess, thus drawing the attention and presence of the three penultimate beings in the megaverse. All that takes awhile, and much of the development might have been a little confusing or even boring. Rather than overwhelm the audience by spilling it all out with once or give them dull filler while they process the info, the producers filled the gaps with boob shots and Ryoko and Ayeka trying to kill each other. Thus the audience has something fun to watch while the story unfolds, and their attention is held until it does. I'm not saying that a series can't be great without that stuff, but honestly, the first episode of Crest of the Stars stunk because they squeezed in too much information without any action or entertainment. Ep1 was like a lecture.
Anyways, looks like a good anime with good plot potential. But two things come to mind. First, like mentioned earlier, why "Third Chapter"? Also, does anyone else think the main character looks a bit like an older version of Luna from Uninhabited Planet Survival?
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-28, 17:12   Link #29
Lina Inverse
SL Aki fanclub president

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shenlong
After viewing the pormo, I'm really looking forward to this series. There seem to be mystical creatures, highschool lesbian chicks with special fighting powers and some fanservice
Sounds great, just my cup of tea
Let's check this out.
Lina Inverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-23, 02:16   Link #30
Za Paper

What happened to Mai Hime?

I remember the preview for it awhile back. Anyone know when it will air?
Za Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-23, 09:32   Link #31
microlith

Send a message via AIM to microlith
Sometime next month I believe. There's no note on the Mai Hime website as to when it will start showing on TV, but they've apparently been running radio shows in Tokyo and Osaka for the past month.
microlith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-23, 10:33   Link #32
Archaic

Sometime late next month. No times have yet been announced for it as of the latest issue of Newtype, and I figure knowing what TV network it's going to be on isn't really going to help you much.
Archaic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-18, 23:09   Link #33
clem-kun
Shi-Fa Staff

Send a message via AIM to clem-kun
Mai-HiME

This new anime premiering end of September seems interesting enough to be worth a mention. There are several trailers on the site that were quite interesting, arousing my curiosity in this series.

Anyone got any more info on this series and what it's about? I managed to scavenge a manga scan of the first chapter of the manga, but it left me completely clueless...

Official Site: http://www.sunrise-inc.co.jp/my-hime/

Oh, and a last thought. Is it "Mai-HiME" or "My-HiME"? I've seen both variations.
clem-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-19, 01:36   Link #34
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clem-kun
This new anime premiering end of September seems interesting enough to be worth a mention. There are several trailers on the site that were quite interesting, arousing my curiosity in this series.

Anyone got any more info on this series and what it's about? I managed to scavenge a manga scan of the first chapter of the manga, but it left me completely clueless...

Official Site: http://www.sunrise-inc.co.jp/my-hime/

Oh, and a last thought. Is it "Mai-HiME" or "My-HiME"? I've seen both variations.
very likely "My-HiME" considering that would make more sense, it's also the way Newtype USA lists it
Kyuven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-19, 01:46   Link #35
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

My-Hime is the official translation which is interesting because it contradicts the japanese characters which spell out Mai Hime. That's why people often get confused with this title.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-20, 04:49   Link #36
Kensuke

Three new, very short commersials for My Hime (or Mai Hime) by Shining Fansubs.
I had to download a new codec to watch those:
http://www.3ivx.com/download/index.html
Did anyone else had the same problem? And video quality is still crappy, but that's probably from the source, so it can't be helped.

Anyway, not much can be said, since they last less that 20 seconds. I'm looking forward for this series.
Kensuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-20, 04:59   Link #37
Kyolux

Send a message via MSN to Kyolux
Same problem, had to use VLC to read it, and yeah quality is not so kawaii. But yeah this alongside Utakata, two highschool kids shows that seems to be worth a try. We'll I'm looking forward to watch it.
Kyolux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-20, 08:28   Link #38
wao
OK.

Someone here said that they thought the music is good, well, the music is done by Yuki Kajiura. I never expected it, though! It seems ilke such a non-Yuki-Kajiura-music-style series. Ahh, stereotypes stereotypes...

All the same, I will be looking out because it seems like it could turn into something I could fangirl over, though if it turns out to be philosophical and deep and all of that... (No, I will not ride an unicycle all over Japan)

I like the character designs... and there is a whole pool of seiyuu voicing these charcters, go check it out yourself. (I'm quite sure they planned for Nakahara Mai to voice the main character Mai from the character Mai-Hime... it's like Mizuki Nana playing Nana in Shichinin no Nana...)
Old 2004-08-20, 11:59   Link #39
TronDD
Team the box!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao
Someone here said that they thought the music is good, well, the music is done by Yuki Kajiura. I never expected it, though! It seems ilke such a non-Yuki-Kajiura-music-style series. Ahh, stereotypes stereotypes...
Cool. Should be a great soundtrack then. Even if the show doesn't turn out to be very good, I'll probably watch it for the music.

EDIT: I'm actually more interested in the show with the release of the short previews. Seems to stress romance and drama. I prefer those to action and fantasy.

Last edited by TronDD; 2004-08-20 at 14:40.
TronDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-20, 12:10   Link #40
Ongaku_no_tenshi
Shine your light on thee!

I'm a little late seeing the preview but, the show does look intersesting. Girls with swords and guns. Pretty cool combination in my book. I'll definitely check out the first episode.
Ongaku_no_tenshi is offline   Reply With Quote