AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Old 2010-12-25, 12:05   Link #381
Miraluka
Banned

No, read vol. 19, he was pwning Signal Spark in normal mode blowing away their fingers without touching them, the only time he used reflect was against the bullets.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-25, 12:17   Link #382
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
he still needs touch to move something. It's not like his aim field increase in range. That only applies in winged mode.
Ahm..no....he blasted both Hyouka and Gabriel while in mid flight and that sounded like it was from range.
Old 2010-12-25, 12:58   Link #383
tsunade666

It's more like he buts in or intercept it when two are launching with each other.

Theirs been no indication on distance yet because it's not been describe but if it's animated it could be shown though increasing range in terms of control.

I'm not sure but it's just sound different from his core abilities though maybe thanks to evolving into black wings. His natural AIM field increase and that can also explains why tsuchimikado and quatzel could feel it.
Old 2010-12-25, 14:54   Link #384
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

how come i cant read the fight when accel gets white wings in V.22? cant find it.
I_am_Kami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-25, 16:21   Link #385
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

He doesn't get the white wings in a fight.

http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/in...e22_Chapter_12
Old 2010-12-26, 08:35   Link #386
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
It's more like he buts in or intercept it when two are launching with each other.

Theirs been no indication on distance yet because it's not been describe but if it's animated it could be shown though increasing range in terms of control.

I'm not sure but it's just sound different from his core abilities though maybe thanks to evolving into black wings. His natural AIM field increase and that can also explains why tsuchimikado and quatzel could feel it.
Actually, come to think of it, there is another instance that maybe suggests long range Redirect long before vol 21.

In vol 15, when the Hikoboshi II satellite got hacked, he flew into the air and attempted to vector redirect the hacking signal.
Old 2010-12-26, 08:55   Link #387
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Actually, come to think of it, there is another instance that maybe suggests long range Redirect long before vol 21.

In vol 15, when the Hikoboshi II satellite got hacked, he flew into the air and attempted to vector redirect the hacking signal.
On this topic, there was something I thought felt weird in vol 19 with the fight- no, with the slaughter of [Signal Spark]. Reflecting bullets is one thing, but how did Accelerator snap their hands with they tried to grab hostages or when they want to detonate the explosives using a remote?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-26, 09:07   Link #388
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Maybe he manipulated the air pressure?

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-26, 09:22   Link #389
tsunade666

air pressure alone wouldn't let you twist the arms of an opponent from afar. Specially if the enemy are vast and in different location with different angles. That needs specific air pressure and with his range he can't do that. Unless in range.

But since when did he evolve? from the point in vol 13? or vol 15?
Old 2010-12-26, 14:35   Link #390
reaper with no name

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
No...I mean how he doesn't black out from the strain or something...when normally, he cannot use his Redirect as well as before
Having powers doesn't apply strain. The calculations needed to make them do anything does.

To use a computer analogy:

If Accelerator tries to use his power normally, he attempts to open the "Parietal Lobe" program. Unfortunately, he gets the message "Error: Program not found."

If Accelerator tries to use his power with the Misaka Network, he accesses the internet and does a search for "Misaka Calculator". When he finds and opens it, there is a disclaimer saying "Warning, the 'Misaka Calculator' is only half as effective as 'Parietal Lobe'. Use only if 'Parietal Lobe' is damaged." Accelerator uses it for that very reason.

But when Accelerator awakens, it goes like this:

1) Accelerator runs the program "Personal Reality" and inputs as a command "awakened mode".

2) A message pops up on the screen: "New software found: AIM-based Calculator".

3) Accelerator installs "AIM-based Calculator".

4) Accelerator uses "AIM-based Calculator" instead of "Parietal Lobe" (which is so inferior to begin with it might as well just be taking up hard drive space).

5) Since "AIM-based Calculator" is 1000x better than "Parietal Lobe", Accelerator suffers no strain from it that he wouldn't have gotten anyway from "Parietal Lobe".
reaper with no name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-26, 14:54   Link #391
tsunade666

no he still suffers back lash damage. Specially if his in the black wings mode.

it's like an overload specs. If your using computer language. You had a powerful software but your hardware is the problem. You got the processing power but the processor is lacking the ability to supply the need of it.

Look at the fight of all his black wings mode on. He receives damage from over using it.
Old 2010-12-27, 09:59   Link #392
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
On this topic, there was something I thought felt weird in vol 19 with the fight- no, with the slaughter of [Signal Spark]. Reflecting bullets is one thing, but how did Accelerator snap their hands with they tried to grab hostages or when they want to detonate the explosives using a remote?
obvious reason is that he somehow increased his range after vol 13 when he blasted Kihara away.
Old 2010-12-28, 00:42   Link #393
Liquidzero

Angel Lore

I found the concept of Aleister attempting to artificially make an angel really interesting. Speculation wise I'm hoping Kamachi might make some mention of Metatron or Sandalphon.

As mentioned in the anime, contrary to popular superstitious belief, humans can generally never become angels. i kind of cringe when i hear folks say a deceased loved one is now a guardian angel watching over you, haha yeah i know it's a well intentioned phrase; this could also be cause i'm not really a religious person.

anyways, in the abrahamic tradition, there have only been two humans that are said to have transcended humanity to become angels, Enoch the wiseman and Elijah the prophet. Enoch became Metatron and Elijah Sandalphon, consequently because of their mortal origins the two are considered to be "twin brothers" and it should also be noted that of the archangels they are the only ones whose names don't end in -el, the suffix meaning "of God."

Sandalphon's role is said to carry the prayers of humans to god. Metatron, also a scribe as a human, was given a similar role in heaven to record everything that happens on earth into the "book of life." of special note Metatron's seat is supposedly next to the throne of god.

i mean obviously their roles don't really translate well into potential buffs for battle like the other archangels i.e. Gabriel or Uriel "power" and "fire" of god respectively. i'm just hoping they'd pop up in one of the expositional speeches that come up every now and then.

from reading this post it's kinda obvious i'm highly interested in christian/abrahamic lore despite me not being very religious, which is another reason i love this series. for anyone else who's similarly interested in lore, there's also an apocalyptic apocryphal text called "the book of enoch" which talks about how a group of angels fell because they had sex with human women.
Liquidzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-28, 04:33   Link #394
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
no he still suffers back lash damage. Specially if his in the black wings mode.

it's like an overload specs. If your using computer language. You had a powerful software but your hardware is the problem. You got the processing power but the processor is lacking the ability to supply the need of it.

Look at the fight of all his black wings mode on. He receives damage from over using it.
Recheck

Are you sure he took damage? After rereading the Kihara fight and Kakine fight from the books. He took no damage from using the wings, though, he does have hard time staying conscious with him getting overloaded. Just I don't see the overloading cause any direct physical harm.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-28, 05:35   Link #395
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidzero View Post
I found the concept of Aleister attempting to artificially make an angel really interesting. Speculation wise I'm hoping Kamachi might make some mention of Metatron or Sandalphon.

As mentioned in the anime, contrary to popular superstitious belief, humans can generally never become angels. i kind of cringe when i hear folks say a deceased loved one is now a guardian angel watching over you, haha yeah i know it's a well intentioned phrase; this could also be cause i'm not really a religious person.

anyways, in the abrahamic tradition, there have only been two humans that are said to have transcended humanity to become angels, Enoch the wiseman and Elijah the prophet. Enoch became Metatron and Elijah Sandalphon, consequently because of their mortal origins the two are considered to be "twin brothers" and it should also be noted that of the archangels they are the only ones whose names don't end in -el, the suffix meaning "of God."

Sandalphon's role is said to carry the prayers of humans to god. Metatron, also a scribe as a human, was given a similar role in heaven to record everything that happens on earth into the "book of life." of special note Metatron's seat is supposedly next to the throne of god.

i mean obviously their roles don't really translate well into potential buffs for battle like the other archangels i.e. Gabriel or Uriel "power" and "fire" of god respectively. i'm just hoping they'd pop up in one of the expositional speeches that come up every now and then.

from reading this post it's kinda obvious i'm highly interested in christian/abrahamic lore despite me not being very religious, which is another reason i love this series. for anyone else who's similarly interested in lore, there's also an apocalyptic apocryphal text called "the book of enoch" which talks about how a group of angels fell because they had sex with human women.
Interesting. However, seeing as to Metatron is a scribe and Sandalphon is a communicator, I assume that they prefer neutral roles.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-28, 13:40   Link #396
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
Recheck

Are you sure he took damage? After rereading the Kihara fight and Kakine fight from the books. He took no damage from using the wings, though, he does have hard time staying conscious with him getting overloaded. Just I don't see the overloading cause any direct physical harm.
Isn't his brain splitting in half? though not physically but the pain it and stress it gives to his brain isn't that something to laugh about.
Old 2010-12-28, 13:49   Link #397
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Isn't his brain splitting in half? though not physically but the pain it and stress it gives to his brain isn't that something to laugh about.
That was when he was thinking of Touma's right hand and why all kind of logic is useless on him.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-28, 14:15   Link #398
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

tsunade666

in ur sig #5 from that manga looks a bit like Mugino, lol, though i know who it is just didn't piture her with brown hair.
I_am_Kami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-28, 14:28   Link #399
Phibrizzo
Honos628

Weird that I have since long ago hoped that metatron to be introduced on this story, I mean metatron is the only angel that can use the name of God for himself, as a messager and so over the other angels it isnt funny.

Anyways for what I gather with this fight he can manipulate vectors as long theres a conduct (the floow for example).

I mean sending big steel bars with just a tap on the floor means he send some waves on the earth, also sine we know he can slow down all the earth it means he can channel his vector power around all the planet (thats why I formulate that as long something can channel a vector he can control it).
Phibrizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-29, 04:50   Link #400
Salt
the cynic

I didn't read the whole of the last part of the thread, so what I'm saying could be redundant.

But Accel's ability works on anything he touches or indirectly touch (through other object(s)).

The reach of his redirection ability was never exactly defined.