AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2023-11-13, 04:40   Link #381
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
Putting the modified Zoltraak aside, by what has been said, Frieren was already very capable of doing most of the demon lords army in on her own. Yeah she is even more clumsy than Fate's Mash and Charlotte combined, but it still makes you wonder why any party would need a fighter.

You just need to look at how she handled the puppets, to see that there was no need for a melee at all.
Again, that's now, not 80 years ago.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-11-13, 07:15   Link #382
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

It's amazing how badass they made Frieren despite the actress keeping a stoic personality. Then again, that last line before the suicide was amazing.
Old 2023-11-13, 14:24   Link #383
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Again, that's now, not 80 years ago.
Frieren herself was this OP before though, even Flamme hinted at that.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-11-13, 14:56   Link #384
Twi

What's with the lightning eyes meme though? I've seen it not just in reviews but even some Japanese stuff.
Old 2023-11-13, 15:04   Link #385
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Frieren herself was this OP before though, even Flamme hinted at that.
What you're judging as power and what Flamme values are two different things.

If Flamme wanted pure power she would have recruited Frieren when she defeated Basalt Throne. Instead she derided her as a fool until Frieren showed that she could see past Flamme's mana concealment.
What she valued is the skill to accurately gauge an opponent's strength.

Her track record shown thus far hasn't been impressive or indicative of either her or Demon King's strength either way: all we know is that she couldn't beat Qual even in a party, and that Aura got away. Lugner has said she has killed the most demons in history, but from what she said it sounded like she wasn't active until Himmel recruited her.
There's not enough to go on to tell how well she'd go up against the elites on her own.

Last edited by Shadow5YA; 2023-11-13 at 15:14.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-11-13, 15:06   Link #386
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
What's with the lightning eyes meme though? I've seen it not just in reviews but even some Japanese stuff.
Has nothing to do with Frieren. There's a toxic streamer called Low Tier God who rages often and tells his viewers to kill themselves, so the internet turned it into a meme.
Old 2023-11-13, 15:09   Link #387
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Considering how overpowered they portray mages, I wonder why they even needed the rest of the old-party to begin with to beat the Demon Lord.
And no, it's not just Frieren, it's Fern too.
You're jumping to conclusions. We haven't seen any high level demon other than Aura so there's no enough evidence to suggest mages are that overpowered relative to demons.

There's also the fact that some opponents have strong anti-magic properties like the dragon that Stark killed. I wouldn't be surprised is some demos have similar properties.

In any case, we need to wait to see.
Old 2023-11-13, 16:38   Link #388
nojay
Scanlator

Anyone noticed Flamme's earrings have a new owner? I wonder who got the choker she regularly wore though.
Old 2023-11-16, 13:13   Link #389
EroKing

NSFW
Warning: Not safe to view at work or school!
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2023-11-16, 15:45   Link #390
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
You're jumping to conclusions. We haven't seen any high level demon other than Aura so there's no enough evidence to suggest mages are that overpowered relative to demons.

There's also the fact that some opponents have strong anti-magic properties like the dragon that Stark killed. I wouldn't be surprised is some demos have similar properties.

In any case, we need to wait to see.
I should add that Aura has a chance to win if she plays the war of attrition and continue to swarm Freiren with her army.
Aura's magic checks against the current MP, not the max MP. So she has a chance if she drags the fight.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-11-17, 07:48   Link #391
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

[IMAGE] https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...37523425fd473&[/IMAGE]

Last edited by Mad Pierrot; 2023-11-17 at 11:06.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-11-17, 10:58   Link #392
EroKing

Old 2023-11-17, 11:38   Link #393
Frontier

The battle with Aura has been won, and the heroes have been victorious. All that's left is to clean up and pray for the souls who are now finally free from Aura's clutches .

I love how Frieren tried to smoothly get out of there thinking she was still a wanted fugitive, but Graf Granat now has every reason to pardon he and thank her for all that she's done for them, especially freeing his son. Good thing Himmel trained Frieren well so she didn't damage the bodies .

Poor Stark. Thinks he's about to get executed and totally passes out. Fern has to carry him with her magic across the town .

Nothing beats a montage of the trio making a life in the city complete with a new insert song from milet! They've even got new outfits !

Frieren now has to take a magic certification exam? I kind of get why she wouldn't bother the way things like certifications have changed over the centuries, but it makes her come off like an old lady who really isn't with the times, especially compared to her teenage companions. Though she kind of is .

Winter in the north is fierce! So much so that Stark, once again, passes out and forcing Fern to physically carry him...lucky guy. He even gets to smell her! And also get slapped by her .

Good thing they found a lone cabin in the snow that they can take up in! Complete with a shirtless, squatting, elf voiced by Takehito Koyasu! And Fern wants nothing to do with that, but beggars can't be choosers. And Kraft seems like a cool dude for a monk .

It's so rare for elves to see each other now that it can be 300 years since they've last seen one of their bretheren to the point where they consider if they've already gone extinct. So it's very fortunate that Kraft and Frieren ran into each other, especially with two mages who can help keep a fire .

Stark was dreaming about some delicious ice cream handed to him by Eisen...and instead he wakes up in bed next to a shirtless guy. At least he can appreciate how swole Kraft is .

Another montage of the gang making it in the cabin! It's an unconventional situation, but they make the mots of it !

Smooth job catching Fern Stark! That's probably the sweetest moment between the two yet .

Frieren and Karn have a talk about theology and the existence of the Goddess of Creation...I mean, isn't it nice to believe that there will be someone at the end of this long journey who will praise you? Even Frieren enjoyed being praised, like by Heiter, even if she doesn't believe in the Goddess. But it's nice to believe there's a point in this and in your destination .

Well, there goes Kraft! Maybe he and Frieren really will see each other in a few centuries. I can only imagine what kind of stories they'll have by then .
Old 2023-11-17, 12:41   Link #394
Twi

And just like that six months have passed in the story.

I like Kraft. He just gives off cool old dude vibes and you get where he's coming from, having lived for so long that others don't even remember the deeds he did. That's a perfectly valid reason to turn to faith.
Old 2023-11-17, 13:37   Link #395
Ragashingo
Happy Sphere

Great episode. It felt two or three times longer than it was because it was just so serene and interesting. And once again Freiren relates things in the present back to her past. This is probably my favorite episode of the anime... the one after the action and drama. But then... that's the whole story, right? Beyond Journey's End.
Old 2023-11-17, 13:43   Link #396
Shadow5YA

Was that milet singing the insert song? The composition was way better than the ending song.
Old 2023-11-17, 13:55   Link #397
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

So if Kraft sees Frieren as a youngster, how old does that make him? If we estimate her age as 1,000, then he could be 3,000 years old (corresponding to a 10-yo child ans a 30-yo adult). Course he could just as well be 10,000 years old.

Fern has such a strong aversion to men. I wonder if that will be addressed at all?
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-11-17, 14:27   Link #398
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Fern has such a strong aversion to men. I wonder if that will be addressed at all?
Need to remember that Fern is a war orphan who was raised in a secluded environment with no social interaction aside from Frieren and Heiter, who are significantly older than she is.

Considering both her mentors dress conservatively, seeing a naked man's body is not something she would be used to.

Last edited by Shadow5YA; 2023-11-17 at 14:48.
Old 2023-11-17, 14:43   Link #399
Shadow5YA

Old 2023-11-17, 18:24   Link #400
Greenish Growth

Ep11:

I always related to scenes like these. I worked thirty years in the same place and no one could relate to what I went through when I first started working there. All the employees I knew then had long since left. It felt a bit lonely, as if the past was slowly being forgotten and I was the only one who remembered. Well I guess that's kind of what it really was.

I'd have to have a completely different mindset if I lived that long. It would be like being on a long permanent journey. You'd know people for a short time and then you wouldn't. Find joys in being with the people you're currently with because it won't last for long.
Greenish Growth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, fantasy