AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2008-12-16, 11:52   Link #381
Jeiku

I'm in January finally, having defeated all of the Tartarus guardians and waiting along for the final battle. I'm still in the midst of levelgrinding though; I'm thinking about getting up to at least level 80 (not that far off) and working more on my Persona fusions before progressing.

I was planning on maxing all of my Social Links and completing all of Elizabeth's requests on my second playthrough... but eh. I still have to play Persona 4 after this, so those can wait.
Jeiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-16, 13:32   Link #382
Shadow Kira01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyvedelta View Post
@minato : That, I did. But I never found Elizabeth in there and she never gave me the quest. So literally, I give up at trying it and stopped playing the game D:

Well, if only her Megidolaon attack has any pattern, it would easier. . maybe.
You didn't find Elizabeth there after doing the quest? Then, I have no idea. I never did the quest until my 2nd playthrough which indicates that Monad was unlocked as soon as I started a new cycle. In terms of her attack patterns:

Youtube 1/2
Youtube 2/2

Watch the videos instead. I didn't stood a chance against her, no point of hearing her attack patterns from me. I lost 10+ times..
Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-17, 07:35   Link #383
Elehayym

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeiku View Post
I'm in January finally, having defeated all of the Tartarus guardians and waiting along for the final battle. I'm still in the midst of levelgrinding though; I'm thinking about getting up to at least level 80 (not that far off) and working more on my Persona fusions before progressing.

I was planning on maxing all of my Social Links and completing all of Elizabeth's requests on my second playthrough... but eh. I still have to play Persona 4 after this, so those can wait.
I ended up unlocking Monad and leveling in there was SO fast, that I actually got more levels than I wanted to ^^; (well, that was when I would survive, to start with...)
But I don't think I'll ever do a "complete" second playthrough, even though I'm quite tempted to just go through the game fast on my new game+ to watch the story again. Elizabeth's fight really looks too complicated to me cause of the work needed to fuse Personas for it, I love fusing new personas but hate spending half an hour selecting and canceling the "ingredients" trying to get the right abilities to inherit :<
Elehayym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-17, 08:46   Link #384
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
But I don't think I'll ever do a "complete" second playthrough, even though I'm quite tempted to just go through the game fast on my new game+ to watch the story again. Elizabeth's fight really looks too complicated to me cause of the work needed to fuse Personas for it, I love fusing new personas but hate spending half an hour selecting and canceling the "ingredients" trying to get the right abilities to inherit :<
Oddly, I found that quite fun and end up spending some minutes (not hours, cancelling and trying to get the right skills are not that time consuming for me. . .I think ^^ Except the part when you need to do Elizabeth's final request for persona fusion. That ended up making me frustrated and give at trying to beat that request

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-17, 08:59   Link #385
Elehayym

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyvedelta View Post
Oddly, I found that quite fun and end up spending some minutes (not hours, cancelling and trying to get the right skills are not that time consuming for me. . .I think ^^ Except the part when you need to do Elizabeth's final request for persona fusion. That ended up making me frustrated and give at trying to beat that request
Oh, I did find it quite fun too as long as it was something that took few minutes only XD But every time that I wanted to get a very specific set of skills few minutes wouldn't be enough, not even mentioning that I'm stupid and when I start spamming cancel I end up cancelling by mistake even when the right skills are there >___> I don't think I would ever have the patience to fuse a good Orpheus Telos for Elizabeth ^^;

Last edited by Elehayym; 2008-12-17 at 08:59. Reason: spelling DX
Elehayym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-25, 07:25   Link #386
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Yukari <3 <3 <3

Merry Christmas Everyone!

May all your Christmases be White and Joyous!
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-20, 06:40   Link #387
AnimeFangirl

The loading times in this game are KILLING me, urgh! And Tartarus is such a drag. But so long as I get with Yuko/Mitsuru/Elizabeth eventually, it's a-okay.
Old 2009-03-20, 07:06   Link #388
Shirogane
君の瞳に映る私は何色ですか?

I never found the loading times to be particularly long in P3 o_o

Been playing Xenosaga II lately and THOSE are terrible loading times XD
Shirogane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-20, 07:38   Link #389
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirogane View Post
I never found the loading times to be particularly long in P3 o_o
Same. I never had a problem with the loading times. Sames goes for P4.
Old 2009-03-20, 13:48   Link #390
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

There are games with much worse loading times than P3, yeah.

Tales of the Abyss comes to mind... -_-
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-20, 14:01   Link #391
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

FFUUUUUUUUKKKAAAA!!!!!!

why no love for fuuka, shes so cute.
Old 2009-03-20, 14:44   Link #392
Tjfarmer
I'm almost there!

Send a message via AIM to Tjfarmer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
FFUUUUUUUUKKKAAAA!!!!!!

Her voice (in English version) annoys the crap out of me, but other then that I like her. Mitsuru is still the best though.

I never had a problem with loading times.
Tjfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-20, 17:36   Link #393
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjfarmer View Post
Her voice (in English version) annoys the crap out of me, but other then that I like her. Mitsuru is still the best though.
*cough*Yukari is superior*cough*

Sorry, throat troubles. *cough*
Old 2009-03-20, 21:07   Link #394
Shadow Kira01

Yuka-tan is the best!

However, her persona abilities are average, while her bow and arrow skills are acceptable. Mitsuru does have stronger persona combat abilities, such as Mabufudyne + Ice Amp. However, only problem with her is that when you are injured, she keeps on charming in the shadows rather than healing you, whereas Yuka-tan would heal you first. This makes a difference. More over, story-wise... I think Yuka-tan is a better person than Mitsuru because Mitsuru-senpai tends to be overly focused on her family business to the point that its like talking to a very wealthy CEO. Her social link was so...not sure how to put it. Besides, yuka-tan is cute!
Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-20, 21:17   Link #395
teachopvutru
Urusai~Urusai~Urusai~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
FFUUUUUUUUKKKAAAA!!!!!!

I don't like her voice and her character design...

I personally like Yukari, but I have a friend who dislikes her because she keeps being the first one to die during battle. (probably can't really be called "dislike," though)

"FOUND YOU!" ~Taiga
teachopvutru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-20, 22:35   Link #396
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by teachopvutru View Post
I personally like Yukari, but I have a friend who dislikes her because she keeps being the first one to die during battle. (probably can't really be called "dislike," though)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Minato View Post
Yuka-tan is the best!

However, her persona abilities are average, while her bow and arrow skills are acceptable. Mitsuru does have stronger persona combat abilities, such as Mabufudyne + Ice Amp. However, only problem with her is that when you are injured, she keeps on charming in the shadows rather than healing you, whereas Yuka-tan would heal you first. This makes a difference. More over, story-wise... I think Yuka-tan is a better person than Mitsuru because Mitsuru-senpai tends to be overly focused on her family business to the point that its like talking to a very wealthy CEO. Her social link was so...not sure how to put it. Besides, yuka-tan is cute!
I find a lot of the challenge of P3 is figuring out how to make the AI stop being stupid. It does, however, have its moments.

The funniest moment of AI stupidity for me had to be against the final boss:

Final boss (Turn 1): Uses Moonlight Gown.
Final boss (Turn 2): Ice Break on Mitsuru
My turn: Set everyone to heal/support, wait
Mitsuru (On Heal/Support): Bufudynes the boss, killing herself.

And that was when I swore to never use her in The Answer, ever.
Old 2009-03-23, 05:56   Link #397
AnimeFangirl

I was talking more about the loading screens: Early Morning, Morning, Lunchtime, After School, Evening, Late Night, Loading Next Day, Early Morning, Morning... every single day of the game. It's driving me slightly batty. It should be possible to transit from one time to another without having that black screen with text on it, shouldn't it?

Speaking of which, I'm not enjoying the "You decided to..." screens, when half of the stuff I decided is stuff I didn't actually decide. What if I DON'T want to go home early to conserve my strength for the full moon? I had plans to walk home with Chihiro, goshdangit! I'm liking the social/dating sim parts of the game more than the fighting parts, but I suppose that's only natural.
Old 2009-03-23, 08:21   Link #398
MeganeShounen
Huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorfl View Post
Speaking of which, I'm not enjoying the "You decided to..." screens, when half of the stuff I decided is stuff I didn't actually decide. What if I DON'T want to go home early to conserve my strength for the full moon? I had plans to walk home with Chihiro, goshdangit! I'm liking the social/dating sim parts of the game more than the fighting parts, but I suppose that's only natural.
Sorry, but those parts (the daytime parts before the Full Mooon scenes), are good examples of But Thou Must. Your SEES co-members do tell you in advance (after Fuuka joins) that "there will be an upcoming mission, go prepare, grind for XP and loot, and simply buff yourself up". You'll just have to adjust your schedules for that...
MeganeShounen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-23, 10:06   Link #399
AnimeFangirl

Yah, I know. I didn't want to go to summer school either, but they made me. But my academics is close to max, Mitsuru, don't make me do this!! Why they never let me play hooky, I just don't know. They should have made it optional. Have it wreak havoc on your stats like in Tokimeki Memorial but still make it possible. I skipped a couple of high school classes back in the day and I turned out okay. Right? <_< >_>
Old 2009-03-23, 18:57   Link #400
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjfarmer View Post

I never had a problem with loading times.
thats ok, just don' let me hear you or anyone talk shit about the english VAing, Specialy Junpei's

and or the record.. SHINJIRO FTW!!!

Tags
ps2