AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-01-29, 16:52   Link #381
Anima
Oh! You mean we don't?

Ah yes, she was already dying. Totally forgot that.
Old 2008-01-29, 17:00   Link #382
redmeat

Well, in that case, Ralphaela might have sacrificed herself for the greater good, to honor her sister, or for some religious reason. As for Jean, I think it wasn't as much as saving a friend as it was for repaying her debt.
Old 2008-01-29, 21:41   Link #383
Valerian Mengsk

Wow redmeat, you are dead set on Ralphaela fading into the background aren't you. Well, your guess is as good as mine on what may happen concerning her until she reappears or the manga ends.

In an attempt to hijack the thread, a ways back I heard someone wonder why Clare seemed to be holding up better power-wise than she used to and why she didn't regress after her brief stint as a nearly awakened killing machine.

Well, 7 years of hard training have passed which has done a pretty good job of upping her base stats, but if anyone wants more info check the later parts of the Power and Stats thread.
Old 2008-01-31, 23:06   Link #384
ungalin

its about time for that new episode to appear. .... Yes? I'm really sad this only comes out once a month. That's less than a page a day.
Old 2008-01-31, 23:57   Link #385
Zsych

... considering that the anime actually had better character designs than the manga ...
Old 2008-02-01, 04:06   Link #386
Lights of Euphoria
Ilene's Squeaky - Toy...

Send a message via MSN to Lights of Euphoria
True...
The anime did have the characters better drawn then the manga
Old 2008-02-01, 05:53   Link #387
Anima
Oh! You mean we don't?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lights of Euphoria View Post
True...
The anime did have the characters better drawn then the manga
Wah?
The anime drawing of claymores was hideous! Go through the anime and see how many faces did Clare have. Heck even Ophelia had 94073284372 faces in her 2 episodes.

Meet retarded Clare:

Meet long neck Clare:

I could go on really but if you mean you liked the "design" of chars better, then that's subjective.
Old 2008-02-01, 06:48   Link #388
Mgz
Madlax fanboyz

Send a message via Yahoo to Mgz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chendzeea Li View Post
Thanks...I'm now blessed and cursed with the mental image of Armless Irene jumping up and down under a apple tree to take bites out of hanging fruit
uhm not really, I know a person who lost both arms but he is still able to go to college and becomes a teacher. I'm sure Irene is fine
Old 2008-02-01, 06:48   Link #389
Zsych

Oh I'm sure Irene is pretty much dead :P There was no indication in her scene with Rafaela that she was anything but screwed.

Regarding the manga designs vs. the anime, in the manga all the Claymores look like kids, whose faces didn't fully develop. The anime faces are generally more mature and somewhat more expressive. I compare the anime Miria to the manga one, and I go, what??? The anime one actually looks like she could be leader material, the manga one looks more like a doll.

That animation quality varies in anime is expected though... They just don't spend enough money on anime eps to get really good quality. It costs less to make an anime ep than it does an ep of a regular TV program, or an american cartoon... by a lot.
Old 2008-02-01, 08:43   Link #390
Anima
Oh! You mean we don't?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zsych View Post
Oh I'm sure Irene is pretty much dead :P There was no indication in her scene with Rafaela that she was anything but screwed.
It's true that the scene strongly implied that Irene is gonna get killed but Claymore isn't the type of anime/manga which doesn't show the killing sequence of its chars to hide the violence or something. We've seen heads flying, skulls penetrated, bodies slashed in halves. Irene's final scene was left like that to let us wonder. It's a definite cliffhanger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zsych View Post
Regarding the manga designs vs. the anime, in the manga all the Claymores look like kids, whose faces didn't fully develop. The anime faces are generally more mature and somewhat more expressive. I compare the anime Miria to the manga one, and I go, what??? The anime one actually looks like she could be leader material, the manga one looks more like a doll.
Of course they look maturer in the anime because they look older but grasping the idea of that they don't grow old physically leaves room to accept that a girl who looks in her early 20s can be as wise as a 40-50 years old one.

I'd read the Vampire Chronicles by Anne Rice and there was a 3 years old child who was turned into a vampire and lived for more than 70 years staying in the same physical body age but she matured enough mentally to rival those who are much more older than her. It felt weird it in the beginning but I guess with that char in mind, I could accept a wise 20 years old Miria.
Old 2008-02-01, 11:45   Link #391
Lights of Euphoria
Ilene's Squeaky - Toy...

Send a message via MSN to Lights of Euphoria
Dead?! I think NOT!

Spoiler:

http://mrpoppit.deviantart.com/
Closed Thread