Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-07-25, 22:22   Link #381
KickHopper
[Never Give Up]
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to KickHopper Send a message via MSN to KickHopper
Fantastic episode and great animation. Seems like Akiyuki is getting falcon punched multiple times next episode.

[R.I.P Lisa Chung : A Truly Remarkable Person.]
KickHopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-25, 22:30   Link #382
TrueKnight

lmao, I feel sorry for the guy who got punched in the nuts, nevertheless I liked the rabbit.

Anyways, awesome series, top-notch animations and superb music to boot. I'm intrigue how Akiyuki will do in order to prevent himself being a berserk X'amd. Maybe the red-haired girl will do something 'bout it. And what the hell was the gigantic X'amd we saw?
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-25, 23:10   Link #383
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluWacky View Post
With that said, I am a little confused about what Nakiami says to Haru. Why is it apparently special that she can hear Akiyuki's voice when he's all Xam'd-up? And what was that "you can keep the spirit of this one" line about? Not sure where she's going to fit into things, but I'm very much looking forward to finding out.
Whole thing was a bit confusing for me. But I watched it late at night so maybe my head isn't working all that well. Lot of spiritual stuff tossed in there, but do think Haru helped keep Akiyuki's self together. Probably could have lost himself completely otherwise.

But that Xam'd form did seem pretty instinctual. Something attacks you so you respond in kind. Haru was in danger so he went to help her, but not like he was talking to her normally. Guess whatever Nakiami did will help give him some control over it. Too bad he had to leave, but I guess its not safe for him to stay right now.

Overall really have liked Haru's character so far. She completely kicked that soldier's ass . But also being able to hear Akiyuki's voice was clearly a rare ability. Guess right now she'll just try to deal with what's happened and meeting with Akiyuki's mother which you know will happen eventually.

But anyways from that preview it really seems like Akiyuki is going to get beaten up by a few girls .
Old 2008-07-25, 23:29   Link #384
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Does the Humanform monster remind you guys of something out of a Godzilla movie?
Old 2008-07-26, 00:11   Link #385
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Th View Post
The use of condensed movement in the sequence that took place from 6:22 to 7:18 was nicely reminiscent of the dynamic yet nuanced style used by Norio Matusmoto... I wonder who the animator was, he deserves serious props.
If I had to guess, I would say Kenji Mizuhata did it, but it could also be either Takashi Tomioka or Yasushi Muraki. I'm more inclined to believe that Muraki and Itou handled all the awesome explosions in the episode though.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-26, 01:43   Link #386
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
This... This is... I... ah...

That was beautiful. It took me a while to catch up with episode 1, but it's pure beauty. Now I understand why they charge 4 USD for a rental.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-26, 05:37   Link #387
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
Well, the only reason I can come up with is that Nazuna will either
Spoiler:
I can't see it being that. I'd like to believe she is dead, and staying dead --- and her reason for her being on the official site is because she played an important role in the series --- not to mention she'll probably be talked about in episodes to come.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Does the Humanform monster remind you guys of something out of a Godzilla movie?
None of Godzilla's foes come to mind, though they do remind me of the typical Japanese giant monster.

Last edited by Shiroth; 2008-07-26 at 05:55.
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-26, 05:39   Link #388
terrus

Quote:
Sort of, the only godzilla films i've watched though were the ones on mst3k, oddly enough though the series composer did the soundtracks for several modern Godzilla movies
terrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-26, 08:28   Link #389
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post

None of Godzilla's foes come to mind, though they do remind me of the typical Japanese giant monster.
Yeah, like that. Can't place my finger on it or maybe like Ultraman. Just the feeling that I've seen a similar monster like that before. Very nostalgic.

Totally see people talking about Nazuna as to why blow up a school bus of all things. So was poor Akiyuki a random target or a real target all along?
Old 2008-07-26, 12:46   Link #390
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Yeah, like that. Can't place my finger on it or maybe like Ultraman. Just the feeling that I've seen a similar monster like that before. Very nostalgic.
Yeah, more like an Ultraman villain than anything. I'll do some classic research in a bit --- a have a few of his enemies in my head when look a lot like them.
Old 2008-07-27, 10:12   Link #391
arias

Best anime I've seen in a LONG LONG while. Pray that the quality holds across the whole series.
arias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-28, 03:59   Link #392
Sotobrastos

Quote:
Originally Posted by arias View Post
Best anime I've seen in a LONG LONG while. Pray that the quality holds across the whole series.
fuck yes

It's BONES though, so--they managed to keep up animation quality (most of the time) for 50 episodes in Eureka Seven, I have faith they will in this as well.
Sotobrastos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-28, 06:18   Link #393
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Visually amazing, but I still find most of the characters to be either cliche or just plain unlikable. I just can't get how almost everyone in the show is oozing with sarcasm or cynicism, even the elderly and the children. Hopefully that'll change like it did with Eureka. The music is alright, but I just don't find it memorable. As for the backstory, they have a LOT to explain. I'm totally lost right now.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-28, 08:06   Link #394
orion

Well the more friendly you are with the other person the more sarcastic you can be with them and have it not offend them. The other characters weren't taking offense to it. I look upon it as how tight their bonds actually are. In other word, they are a "family".

Even that kid punching the guy in the balls was looked upon as having an otherwise good relationship with his victim. That poor guy just got a lesson on who not to tease too much that's all.
Old 2008-07-28, 13:31   Link #395
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
The music is alright, but I just don't find it memorable.
I've heard a good number of people say that about Michiru Oshima's scores over the years, and i don't quite understand. The second i hear some of her BGM's, they are stuck in my head for a good while --- especially that battle track played in the second episode.
Old 2008-07-28, 23:21   Link #396
arias

Hey kids, know what day it is? Xam'd day
arias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-29, 01:57   Link #397
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

dam i cant w8 for ep 3
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-29, 02:24   Link #398
Aka
Green Trees
*Artist

This thread has caught my interest - maybe it's because it's BONES so I decided to rent episode one all cool relaxing while waiting for the download to finish. Since this is the only place that actually talks about Xam'd & the PlayStation Store - Video. Has anyone encountered a problem?

- Lives in USA
- Buy/Rent Episode 1 HD
- Downloaded Episode 1(no d/c's, issues, etc)
- Used Background Download
- Download Complete
- Checked the "info" of the video: I found it odd not even the "Owner" had my name on it? No Expiration date? This isn't my first purchase on the Video Store.
- Pressed "Play" to come up with "The copyright protection information is invalid."
- ........ wtf?

Spoiler for proof if you don't believe it:

So.... *writes an angry E-mail to Sony* I don't want my $3.99 back I want to watch Xam'd on my HDTV!
Aka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-29, 03:01   Link #399
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Is your PS3 Activated for Video content in Account settings? If it is, then maybe there was an error when the download "activated" before it started downloading. Either way yeah, send an angry email their way and hopefully they'll sort this shit out.
Old 2008-07-29, 03:19   Link #400
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Head's up guys, Xam'd ep3 is now up on PSN.

Tags
bones