Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2021-03-15, 01:10   Link #381
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeFan188 View Post
Kumoko really needs a communication skill for talking with others besides herself (and "D").

Did she eat all those humans she killed in that battle?
im fairly certain she did, its not cannibalism at that point though it could be pseudo-cannibalism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
The human POV is as boring as ever. A full episode of it was too much.
it does show what it feels to be on the receiving end of the attacks. they did leave out the summoners arrogance that he can tame any monster... its was pretty much evil eye attacks and her emulating the attacks she took on.

Last edited by X207; 2021-03-15 at 01:34.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-15, 04:05   Link #382
Liddo-kun
is this so?

forgot to say..

now that the ending song is translated.. had a nice laugh at the part of the lyrics where Kumo says.. "you will pay for this Administrator D!".

lol
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-15, 04:13   Link #383
Huh...?

Next Episode Preview,
Spoiler:

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-15, 16:23   Link #384
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Honestly, dungeon crawling is getting old recently. It was more entertaining part initially, but now human side have more variety. Unless something new happens on Kumoko side, more of her doesn't sound all that appealing.
Agreed, if I had to spend 20-25 minutes of every episode just listening to Kumoko drone on about skills and fighting I'd be bored out of my mind.

That scene with Schlain was interesting, one of his brothers seems kind of shifty.
Old 2021-03-15, 17:25   Link #385
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
Sadly I doubt we will get the battle from her side in the anime. It's kind of funny from her point of view. It's also important to note this wasn't her first run in with humans.
It's a bit of a shame we didn't get to see her tsukkomi the summoner's pets or oggle the nice looking middle-aged guy...etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
So, base on her current status, Kumoko is more like a mage spider rather than combat spider. That high MP will make up for her low HP due to her Perseverance. I think some of her status are higher than a dragon from before now.
She's not quite a glass cannon, but yeah her magic stats stand out massively, though speed does too. Super agile mage with a number of special tricks, roughly speaking. But yeah, she depends on Perseverance a lot as she runs out of HP quite easily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
This was a good chapter and it was a nice change to see kumoko in the pov of the humans, how she looks like and how porwerful she is.

But damn how could they do this to me to wait another week to see the new evolution ;A; I'm dying to read the manga.
You can see a shot of it in the preview: https://kumo-anime.com/story.html

Not much different to her current self-image. However, the "real" version of Ede Saine from the LN looks like nightmare fuel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
I actually like watching Kumoko from the human POV. It's a good change of pace from Kumoko talking to herself during battle all the time.

Also, I'm actually a li'l bit interested in Schlain's siblings now after this episode. I didn't know he has multiple brothers.
It was mentioned earlier that he was 4th in line to the throne, though obviously that alone doesn't tell you that he has some brothers.

Quote:
Honestly, dungeon crawling is getting old recently. It was more entertaining part initially, but now human side have more variety. Unless something new happens on Kumoko side, more of her doesn't sound all that appealing.
The episode had two interesting developments though: she marked some guys using Wisdom, meaning she can track their location and they should eventually leave the dungeon. Secondly, you can see in her skills list that she already has Spatial Magic at LV9 and she mentioned that it has a teleport ability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeFan188 View Post
Did she eat all those humans she killed in that battle?
I'm guessing you're asking as she clearly stated last week that "fight, kill, eat" comes as a set. This was already answered, but yes... she ate them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Well it seems all the more certain where Kumoko ended up. At the very least the reasons she couldn't have ended up as the demon lord don't seem to be increasing. After all she effectively slaughtered all those people and was more upset about trespassing than anything else. If killing people trying to escape works as self-defense in her eyes then just about anything is on the table. Killing a hero and launching an invasion on humanity seems entirely within character and that's before she's had years to grow even more.

Not that I can't empathize with her base ending up on fire or frustration over the attacks sent her way. It's possible she wasn't aware that she was cornering them by leaving no way to peacefully back off. But unless we get the fight from her side it's a lot of guesswork. All we know is the end results. There's no question that killing people isn't a problem for her. No telling if she ate the bodies or not, so whether she crossed that line isn't certain.
Seeing her POV in real time does help give context to her actions. Also note that the investigation team heard reports of multiple adventurer groups seeing Kumoko. Meaning that many survived the encounter. The anime also entirely skipped an interesting scene is relevant in this context but I suspect we'll see it later on in some form so I won't go into details.

Quote:
Does seem like we're just watching the rise of a terrifying Demon Lord. And humanity is done for. It didn't stand a chance against Kumoko at this point in the story. She's been growing stronger at an insane pace to the degree that monsters are fleeing that cave to get away from her ! Throw a decade onto that and she's bound to be the most powerful thing on that planet (minus maybe the administrators that control the skills). In some ways I wonder if there is a point to following the human characters. There isn't a thing they can do. Heck maybe that mage is only alive because the Demon Lord intentionally sent a weak force against his base since she wants to kill him herself later.
Maybe the only safe thing I can say here is that this series isn't like Overlord in this regard.

Quote:
I guess information that cones with "Taboo" are reason why Kumoko helping with or straight up instigating war against humans.
There's some minor hints in the text that comes with the preview:
Spoiler for official English preview text:
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-15, 18:17   Link #386
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata II View Post
It's a bit of a shame we didn't get to see her tsukkomi the summoner's pets or oggle the nice looking middle-aged guy...etc

She's not quite a glass cannon, but yeah her magic stats stand out massively, though speed does too. Super agile mage with a number of special tricks, roughly speaking. But yeah, she depends on Perseverance a lot as she runs out of HP quite easily.

You can see a shot of it in the preview: https://kumo-anime.com/story.html

Not much different to her current self-image. However, the "real" version of Ede Saine from the LN looks like nightmare fuel

It was mentioned earlier that he was 4th in line to the throne, though obviously that alone doesn't tell you that he has some brothers.

The episode had two interesting developments though: she marked some guys using Wisdom, meaning she can track their location and they should eventually leave the dungeon. Secondly, you can see in her skills list that she already has Spatial Magic at LV9 and she mentioned that it has a teleport ability.

I'm guessing you're asking as she clearly stated last week that "fight, kill, eat" comes as a set. This was already answered, but yes... she ate them.

Seeing her POV in real time does help give context to her actions. Also note that the investigation team heard reports of multiple adventurer groups seeing Kumoko. Meaning that many survived the encounter. The anime also entirely skipped an interesting scene is relevant in this context but I suspect we'll see it later on in some form so I won't go into details.

Maybe the only safe thing I can say here is that this series isn't like Overlord in this regard.

There's some minor hints in the text that comes with the preview:
Spoiler for official English preview text:
I still call Matrioshka brain.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-15, 18:58   Link #387
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
I still call Matrioshka brain.
Back when I first started looking at the Japanese terms used in the series, I noticed that quite a few seemed right out of a computer terminology book. Since I'm a computer programmer that certainly made me go "hmm" a lot

When D says that from the point of view of Kumoko she is an "outsider" to that world, what do you think she means? Why do you think she is an outsider yet clearly has greater control than the one local administrator that we've seen? When she says that she is an evil god do you take that literally or do you take that as more like an author setting up a virtual sandbox to play with, or something else?
Old 2021-03-15, 20:42   Link #388
TheForsaken
Winter is coming

Quote:
It does.
The only ones above a king's son in the order of succession are his older brothers.
Old 2021-03-16, 01:48   Link #389
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheForsaken View Post
It does.
The only ones above a king's son in the order of succession are his older brothers.
Or sisters, depending on their view on female succession.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-16, 04:20   Link #390
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Yeah, being the 4th in line for throne can also mean that Schlain has some sisters who can be queens.

And speaking of Schlain, I would like to offer a contrasting opinion to those who view him as a boring Harem protag by default. Now, if the story is to make him into the MC instead of Kumoko, imagine the potential that can be mined from him:
  • His entire class got reincarnated
  • He was born into royalty with multiple isekai-siblings
  • His BF becomes somewhat of a betrothed to him
  • His lady friend becomes his dragon-pet
  • His jock friend becomes a higher-status evil-rival
  • His teacher becomes his elf friend with a shady agenda
  • And now that one of his brothers died, he has to bear the Hero status for his people

Now, I don't know about you, but those points alone are already very appealing factors to follow Schlain from the beginning (and see how he encountered each character) compared to some other isekai protags. It would've been better if the execution of the events of his story was handled even better than what we have now.

Quote:
Did she also commented about the taste of the human flesh in the novel?
Old 2021-03-16, 05:02   Link #391
scififan

Quote:
Yeah, being the 4th in line for throne can also mean that Schlain has some sisters who can be queens.

And speaking of Schlain, I would like to offer a contrasting opinion to those who view him as a boring Harem protag by default. Now, if the story is to make him into the MC instead of Kumoko, imagine the potential that can be mined from him:
  • And now that one of his brothers died, he has to bear the Hero status for his people

Now, I don't know about you, but those points alone are already very appealing factors to follow Schlain from the beginning (and see how he encountered each character) compared to some other isekai protags. It would've been better if the execution of the events of his story was handled even better than what we have now.

In his past life, he seems to be the girls' heartthrob at the school. When he is in the game, girls scream. When he goes the vending machine, he is been followed by that creepy girl. That creepy girl seems to be on the same boat as Wakaba, except Wakaba was not interested in Yamada. The girl who bullied Wakaba seems to be one of his fans. Wakaba thought it was cute. She is reborned in the dragon egg, and Kumoko almost at her classmate. Kumoko most likely gain a lot o skills and experience from her prey. Well, the egg was too tough and she did not have the chance. If she knows the egg is her classmate, she would not eat her, even it is a mean girl. Kumoko was getting used to kill people. She redrew her line based on her circumstances, so she could kill even her victim is Yamada's relative.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-16, 06:27   Link #392
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

^ Really? I never get the impression that Yamada was popular.

That said, his past doesn't really matter. It is his situation after reincarnation that makes his story interesting and full of potential.
Old 2021-03-16, 09:09   Link #393
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheForsaken View Post
It does.
Not necessarily. On Earth there's been all sorts of weird and wonderful things done with the order of succession...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Or sisters, depending on their view on female succession.
Incidentally, quoting from Sue's bio on the official webpage:
Quote:
The second princess of the Kingdom of Analeit.
As Shun’s half-sister, born to a different mother not long after his birth, her talents rival his.
Her obsession with her brother Shun is extreme enough to put others off, and she’s noticeably hostile toward all girls who get friendly with him.
So the king clearly has multiple wives... or rather, an official wife (the queen) and several concubines. Shun and Julius were born from the same mother - a concubine. Sue was born from the queen.

Quote:

He reminds me a bit of Shirou Emiya from Fate Stay/Night, particularly how Shirou looked up his foster father in a similar way Shun does to Julius. A lot of viewers had problems warming up to Shirou, particularly in the original anime. Shirou definitely has the better harem though

Quote:
Nope. Incidentally, the Fire Dragon tasted bland. Like whitefish IIRC.

Quote:
^ Really? I never get the impression that Yamada was popular.

That said, his past doesn't really matter. It is his situation after reincarnation that makes his story interesting and full of potential.
Yup, Shun didn't stand out much. He was above average though.
Old 2021-03-16, 11:53   Link #394
X207
Gamyūsa

She mentioned eating the humans in LN4 but didn't describe it anymore that a matter of fact. I think I need to get onto LN5 to stay ahead of the anime atm...

Regarding the fire dragon, at least bland is better than gross LOL.
Old 2021-03-16, 13:26   Link #395
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by X207 View Post
She mentioned eating the humans in LN4 but didn't describe it anymore that a matter of fact. I think I need to get onto LN5 to stay ahead of the anime atm...

Regarding the fire dragon, at least bland is better than gross LOL.
Well he was half dissolved and Kumoku added even more poison...

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-16, 17:42   Link #396
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
Well he was half dissolved and Kumoku added even more poison...
i think the dragon didnt eat enough eels and catfish before she beat him. gut loading your meal is one way to boost nutrition.
Old 2021-03-16, 17:50   Link #397
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by X207 View Post
i think the dragon didnt eat enough eels and catfish before she beat him. gut loading your meal is one way to boost nutrition.
Those would be it's siblings/children and as we've seen unlike spiders they tend to protect their kin.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-16, 20:48   Link #398
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Nope. Incidentally, the Fire Dragon tasted bland. Like whitefish IIRC.
Well, that was really disappointing.

Considering that she commented on her other food, it's odd that she didn't say anything about eating the meat of her former species .
Old 2021-03-17, 02:37   Link #399
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
Those would be it's siblings/children and as we've seen unlike spiders they tend to protect their kin.
Wait, what? Eels and catfish are on the dragon's evolutionary tree?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-17, 04:01   Link #400
kagato3

Yes they are less evolved Fire Wyrms.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote