AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2016-01-26, 09:12   Link #381
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

So... how hard is is Hard or Nightmare if starting an NG+?
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-26, 12:48   Link #382
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
So... how hard is is Hard or Nightmare if starting an NG+?
Cake walk honestly.

I'm currently at Chapter 3 Nightmare and I'm destroying everything in sight. Don't bother fighting common mobs (They run from you anyway and contribute insignificant EXP/Money).

However I'm not sure what late game would be like once you fight mobs at your level.

Also I'm not looking forward to grinding for the 1000 battles, 50 Burst, and 1 000 000 Mira trophy.

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2016-01-26 at 13:26.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-26, 15:11   Link #383
Se7enSword
Swordsman Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Cake walk honestly.

I'm currently at Chapter 3 Nightmare and I'm destroying everything in sight. Don't bother fighting common mobs (They run from you anyway and contribute insignificant EXP/Money).

However I'm not sure what late game would be like once you fight mobs at your level.

Also I'm not looking forward to grinding for the 1000 battles, 50 Burst, and 1 000 000 Mira trophy.
Million mira trophy is easy, but tedious. I've reached 600...400 more to go >_>

32 more for the burst...
Old 2016-01-26, 19:08   Link #384
Iron Maw
Banned

Huh. It's looking like more mandatory and optional bosses are getting immune to Delay status and some other cases it is just less effective cause their normal speed stat is pretty high. I really, buffing your own speed with Chrono Drive at the start is better way to go at this point for more turns now. Still OP in normal encounters though!

EDIT: Oh yeah!

Spoiler for Mid Chapter 4:

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2016-01-26 at 20:00.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-26, 22:16   Link #385
Iron Maw
Banned

When Patrick asks about Elise coming to the garden party...

Sure didn't except that reaction though.
Old 2016-01-27, 01:54   Link #386
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Se7enSword View Post
Million mira trophy is easy, but tedious. I've reached 600...400 more to go >_>

32 more for the burst...
Literally a grind.

Using the Eliot Egg method, it would take 1 hour to get 100 000+ Mira. Even if you include NG++ with the bonus 300 000 Mira, it still means you'll need to grind for 6-7 hours.

According to the guide it in the best case scenario it takes 4 minutes to do 8 battles. That means it takes 50mins to an hour to do 100 battles. (I've got 300 more to go)

As for the Burst trophy... God knows. I've 40 more to go.
Old 2016-01-27, 05:48   Link #387
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post

Sure didn't except that reaction though.
Ah... Yeah, Rean is a heavy siscon. And totally unaware of it, outside of the normal concerns for her (safety etc). Well, not that Elise is NOT a brocon, but I think she'd be fine with most girls as her brother's waifu (and she sympathises with Alisa *lol*)
Old 2016-01-27, 06:08   Link #388
Se7enSword
Swordsman Extraordinaire

Quote:
Huh. It's looking like more mandatory and optional bosses are getting immune to Delay status and some other cases it is just less effective cause their normal speed stat is pretty high. I really, buffing your own speed with Chrono Drive at the start is better way to go at this point for more turns now. Still OP in normal encounters though!

Yeah, I always start up with Chrono Drive + Motivate gotta go fast and hard~

Quote:
Literally a grind.

Using the Eliot Egg method, it would take 1 hour to get 100 000+ Mira. Even if you include NG++ with the bonus 300 000 Mira, it still means you'll need to grind for 6-7 hours.

According to the guide it in the best case scenario it takes 4 minutes to do 8 battles. That means it takes 50mins to an hour to do 100 battles. (I've got 300 more to go)

As for the Burst trophy... God knows. I've 40 more to go.
Didn't try the egg method yet, so i had no idea it took that long D:
Old 2016-01-27, 11:32   Link #389
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

The egg method gives you a net profit of 1500 to 1900 Mira.

It's limited by two factors- you can only make a max of 99 in one go, and you're looking at a 83-93% success rate of getting the warm egg soup.

It takes 30-40seconds for one 'cycle'
Old 2016-01-27, 16:21   Link #390
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahou View Post
Ah... Yeah, Rean is a heavy siscon. And totally unaware of it, outside of the normal concerns for her (safety etc). Well, not that Elise is NOT a brocon, but I think she'd be fine with most girls as her brother's waifu (and she sympathises with Alisa *lol*)
Eh, I feel like Elise is waaaay more a brocon than Rean is siscon. It's still funny when Rean acts like that considering that he's usually the most rational person in Class VII unless it's anything having to do with his own family I suppose.

That said... I don't think anyone would have any real objections towards those two actually getting together since they're just foster siblings (so no legal red tape or biological issues) and Elise is only 2 years younger than Rean. Hell I suspect this might even be what they parents might want too, I mean beside Rean inheriting the family's title and assets. Furthermore Estelle & Joshua were in very much the same situation (though whole romance bit didn't happen until later) and that worked out just fine.

But as said earlier, canonwise ReanxAlisa is hinted at possibly becoming a thing, so Falcom likely isn't pushing that route this time.

Quote:
The egg method gives you a net profit of 1500 to 1900 Mira.

It's limited by two factors- you can only make a max of 99 in one go, and you're looking at a 83-93% success rate of getting the warm egg soup.

It takes 30-40seconds for one 'cycle'
Even in the first playthrough where I'm at the omelet recipe has become less and less efficient in making money. It's still fastest and cheapest way I know to make Mira. While understand why they did it, I wish Falcom hadn't killed those awesome Sepith conversion rates from the Liberl games just make Seipth Mass more viable.

Though with how hard it is to reach 9999 Sepith in all categories in this game, I guess doesn't matter in the long run. Especially if your seipth might transfer to ToCSII.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2016-01-27 at 16:31.
Old 2016-01-27, 17:46   Link #391
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

Hi guys, so the localised version of Trails of Cold Steel is finally releasing tomorrow in the EU/SCEE countries.

This will probably be the first Trails game I will play (Trails of the Sky FC and SC are sitting in my Steam library), and I've only managed to play/complete a small number of JRPGs due to the time investment involved...

I've had a quick skim of this thread, but I've been wondering whether to get the PS3 or Vita version, or perhaps both?

I'm also curious about the difficulty (which I understand you pick at the start) and length of the game. I've been pretty time-poor as of late, but I'm interested in the story and world-building I've been hearing this series is renowned for .
Old 2016-01-27, 18:10   Link #392
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaze0041 View Post
I've had a quick skim of this thread, but I've been wondering whether to get the PS3 or Vita version, or perhaps both?
PS3 for better Technical Performance (Though not by much), Vita for the suspend/resume function and to be able to lie in bed and play lol.

Essentially no real difference.

Quote:
I'm also curious about the difficulty (which I understand you pick at the start) and length of the game. I've been pretty time-poor as of late, but I'm interested in the story and world-building I've been hearing this series is renowned for .
Normal is perfectly fine for newcomers to the franchise like me.

With the exception of a few late game bosses the combat is very easy to learn and you have a bunch of advantage stacked in your favor.
Old 2016-01-27, 18:15   Link #393
Iron Maw
Banned

I've only got the PS3 version myself so I can't much say about the Vita version, but depending on how strict your playtime is the later's portability might be more attractive. Especially since while not super long this is by no means a short game. However I've head that ToCS on Vita has more noticeable technical issues like framedrops so keep that in mind too. Playing on normal should be just fine, as the game isn't especially difficult overall.
Old 2016-01-27, 20:23   Link #394
Alza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahou View Post
Personally, I don't think Rean himself is in love with her, he is just an overprotective big brother, but not in that way. I guess that's why Alisa says she feels bad for Elise, since Rean is kinda dense about these things, still I have to admit that I find the scenes where

Quote:

Yep! It's the same with Liberl in TiTS. It's because have such indepth world building that isn't just skin deep. You will appreciate all the little and big deals and connections when play all the games even more.

PS3 has some nasty framerate issue from time to time too. Usually when there a lot objects and on screen during a cut-scene. It just tanks. Thankfully it's infrequent not to be a huge issue.
The world building is just great, it is making me really love the series, it feels very solid and I can't wait to finish CS and play the Sky games to get more of this.

Quote:

Yeah, Delay gets less useful the further you go in, as the big bosses start to become immune to it, but it still helps in tons of battles, so it's a good thing to have. Also yes, the song for Rean in that event during chapter 4 was great.

Well just go to the final chapter, the boss for chapter 6 was a tough one, I managed to handle the two extras just fine, but the main boss was very annoying, specially since his S-Craft just could kill knock out the party very easily and it didn't help that I had a horrible quartz configuration in hindsight. Still managed to cheese through by stunning the boss by spamming moves that caused the Freeze and faint effect, so I managed to get through without having to reset the game. So I feel a bit proud of myself. Also the soundtrack for that battle was just great, really hyped the fight.

Anyhow, the final chapter, I have to say that I can't wait for the end. Just a bit more and I will finish Sen and then maybe do another play through. So far I think I will try to go for an Emma ending, since I like her the best so far and then do the other ending the next time.
Alza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-27, 21:43   Link #395
rladls2121

Rean always gets in Patrick's way to get to Elise everytime Patrick tried to make a contact with her.
Let's see how Rean will react in the future if Elise herself actually makes a move on a male.
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-28, 02:58   Link #396
Se7enSword
Swordsman Extraordinaire

Quote:
Hi guys, so the localised version of Trails of Cold Steel is finally releasing tomorrow in the EU/SCEE countries.

This will probably be the first Trails game I will play (Trails of the Sky FC and SC are sitting in my Steam library), and I've only managed to play/complete a small number of JRPGs due to the time investment involved...

No, no, no!

Please play Trails in the sky series first!

I cannot tell you how much enjoyment you would lose out on if you start with CS first instead!

Difficulty-wise it is quite easy, or becomes easier as you get more powerful quartz and level up your master quartz.

Story and world building is top notch, do talk to every npc twice! The dialogue changes each time, especially during different days/events/times

I'm not kidding~
Old 2016-01-28, 03:51   Link #397
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Quote:
Personally, I don't think Rean himself is in love with her, he is just an overprotective big brother, but not in that way. I guess that's why Alisa says she feels bad for Elise, since Rean is kinda dense about these things, still I have to admit that I find the scenes where
I think I agree with this. I didn't mean to imply him having romantic feelings for her, but maybe my siscon usage was misleading in that case .

As for money-making. Another strategy I read revolved around equiping the MQ that makes enemy drop Sephith at a set % per hit (arts and craft per MQ level). And using it in combination with the Sephith bonus and a chara with good multi-hit attcks (Fee was recommended thanks to her S-Craft, I think) equipped with a weak weapon. I was too impatient to use it, honestly

Anyway, I'd totally buy the EU version if I had money to spend. At least something to look forward.
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-30, 08:18   Link #398
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Tie A Link of Arcus Arranged Version is now on my list of the greatest battle themes ever made.

MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-30, 08:26   Link #399
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
Yeah, Delay gets less useful the further you go in, as the big bosses start to become immune to it, but it still helps in tons of battles, so it's a good thing to have. Also yes, the song for Rean in that event during chapter 4 was great.
They're not immune, most of them just 'resist' lol. Just pray to RNG god and pummel them with 4 characters using delay and it'll still end up useful.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-30, 15:53   Link #400
Iron Maw
Banned

Finished Ch 4! That was great!

Falcom did seriously good job at selling Heimdallr as sprawling metropolis despite you only visit a few areas. They know how use the Illusion scale quite well. Funny enough it's basically the Trail's version of Tokyo. lol

More importantly the plot has started to kick things up a notch and lots of story developments with strong connections to TiTS and foreshadowing on the game's own plot. Several of the characters got some nice development in terms explaining why they are the way they are and as well moving past that point in their lives.

The chapter boss was kind of easy despite the hype it got, but the fight after it and overall climax of the chapter more than made for it. The post chapter was solid great too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alza View Post
You're right, but it's fun poke fun at him about it.

Sadly for Elise she's pretty much sister-zoned, but she does come across as someone would accept him get together with another girl if it came down to it. She's surprisingly more mature than her age suggest really.

Quote:
The world building is just great, it is making me really love the series, it feels very solid and I can't wait to finish CS and play the Sky games to get more of this.
Just hope we get TiTS the 3rd and Crossbell games someday. Falcom should reconsider some of remaster or PS4?Vita re-release to make selling them here more viable if that is their problem.

Quote:
Well just go to the final chapter, the boss for chapter 6 was a tough one, I managed to handle the two extras just fine, but the main boss was very annoying, specially since his S-Craft just could kill knock out the party very easily and it didn't help that I had a horrible quartz configuration in hindsight. Still managed to cheese through by stunning the boss by spamming moves that caused the Freeze and faint effect, so I managed to get through without having to reset the game. So I feel a bit proud of myself. Also the soundtrack for that battle was just great, really hyped the fight.
I'm starting come to conclusion that Faint might be the most useful status in the game. Yeah doesn't work most of time, but when does, it does.

Quote:
Anyhow, the final chapter, I have to say that I can't wait for the end. Just a bit more and I will finish Sen and then maybe do another play through. So far I think I will try to go for an Emma ending, since I like her the best so far and then do the other ending the next time.
I personally plan do 2nd playthrough once ToCSII nears release like sometime in the summer (or when I get done with other game I got last month) as I have too much to play after this and not whole of time. I definitely plan to fill out everything I missed the first me though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
They're not immune, most of them just 'resist' lol. Just pray to RNG god and pummel them with 4 characters using delay and it'll still end up useful.
Well, at this point I no longer center my strategies around that since too inconsistent, now I just throw out there form time to time and hope I get lucky!

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2016-01-30 at 17:27.

Tags
erebonia, falcom, nice story, pc/steam, rpg elements, story rpg, trails of cold steel, trails series, xseed, zemuria