AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2014-10-20, 08:36   Link #381
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

That dragon fight looks interesting...

One thing i noticed is that there seem to be no tank mechanic in the fight: you want to avoid all of its attacks. If it looks at you, better gtfo or you are going to take terrible terrible damage.

The guys on the stream also mentioned how the dragon was very immobile... which makes me think....

i) maybe you can just bring ranged dps and use various cooldowns to mitigate its ice bolt and breath. Phaseshift for example. I wonder if you can just stack your party behind a Knight Enchanter who can deflect the ice bolts by spamming his Spirit Sword.

ii) The dragon has very slow "melee" attacks. It looks at you, lifts one of its legs, then smash you a few seconds later. A necromancer's summons can be a great tank in this fight! Just place some weak summons around its legs. Sure, the summons will die, but you can just simply recast: its not like anyone is taking damage.

Alternatively, just place each party member near one of its legs, and move him whenever the dragon signals an attack. This avoids what I currently consider the most difficult mechanic: its breath. Its breath seem to just pick any ranged character in front of it and unload the damage.

In addition, the lack of a healing spell may mean bosses no longer does a lot of "sustained" damage. So no more 'autoattacks'. They might have designed bosses so all sorts of party compositions can do it easily.

iii) As with most fights, its better for your party to be spread out, but keeping up barrier will be a pain in the ass due to it being a small-ish area spell (unless we use the ranged-only method and stack them behind a ranged tank, ie: knight enchanter)

iv) skill based fights like this can mean we can attempt to challenge the dragon early on in game if you are comfortable with spending half an hour on a fight. TBH... I am tempted to do the fight while underlevel to give myself the challenge.

v) what happened to the classic dragon and its hoard of treasure?

vi) Elemental weaknesses and resistances: This favors spell casters, as I assume staffs will all have base elemental damage, while archers/melee are stuck with their physical attacks. Elemental melee weapons (maybe even elemental bows) should be accessible early in the game...

I recall in DA2, most mobs have decent armor but not much resistances, which mean as soon as my warrior hawke got his hands onto the 1st elemental weapon in the game, his dps got a lot higher.
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-21, 09:14   Link #382
killer3000ad

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
They got Trevor Morris (The Tudors, Vikings) to do the soundtrack this time.
Old 2014-10-22, 00:40   Link #383
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Personally, those are some uninspiring quotes they've selected for those characters. Actually the party members on a whole keeps bugging me but I can't put my finger on why.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-22, 06:21   Link #384
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Personally, those are some uninspiring quotes they've selected for those characters. Actually the party members on a whole keeps bugging me but I can't put my finger on why.
I chuckled at the "there's no applause?" bit.

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-22, 06:39   Link #385
Raviel

So I had this funny thought where everyone in the party except the Warden lampshades how they can all understand him/her despite being a person of such few words

It would be one of the best meta jokes in the entire DA series
Raviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-22, 06:48   Link #386
oompa loompa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post

Well, on the bright side, you'll probably be able to betray and kill all of them. That's how my first playthrough is going to go.
oompa loompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-23, 10:08   Link #387
dmaxzero

IŽll keep playing Skyrim I guess.
dmaxzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-24, 12:50   Link #388
zztop

Ladies and gentlemen, a preview of Skyhold Castle:

Perhaps it might even have its own song, Skyhold(modeled after singer Adele's Skyfall).
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-26, 02:42   Link #389
Vajra
So Like A Rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by zztop View Post
Ladies and gentlemen, a preview of Skyhold Castle:

Perhaps it might even have its own song, Skyhold(modeled after singer Adele's Skyfall).
Personally, my Zaynquisitor will be heeding Josephine (Scribbles') advice the most if not totally
Vajra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-26, 15:18   Link #390
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Just got curious and checked this thread out again. The quotes in the gameplay video don't really seem inspiring I will admit.
Old 2014-10-26, 18:19   Link #391
Xacual

The quotes are hilarious in how bad they are. Especially since this is supposed to introduce the character. I don't know which ones were used in the gameplay video though.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-29, 12:49   Link #392
SidVicious
Anime addict

Dragon Age Keep Open Beta:

https://dragonagekeep.com/
Old 2014-10-29, 13:58   Link #393
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidVicious View Post

That's pretty cool with how they make bunch of event flags that we can set up.. though I wonder how much of it will be used for this game.

Also didn't really like how we need to connect to the internet to sync our canon history for this.. won't be much of a problem for me since I used my PC but my friend who use console and not able to use internet is pretty much stuck.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-29, 16:11   Link #394
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by SidVicious View Post

Oooh. I've been in the Closed Beta for a while now and while the NDA technically allowed me to confirm that fact, I wasn't really allowed to talk about ALL of the plots you could set in it; the most I could do is post a couple of screenshots of a select few plots. Since it's now open, that means no more NDA. YAY.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-30, 04:31   Link #395
Eragon
Still Alive

What all does the Keep import from the previous games saves ?
Old 2014-10-30, 05:34   Link #396
Raviel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eragon View Post
It's less an import of a save file and more like you're setting the current world state of inquisition and then uploading those settings into the game.

From what I've seen of the Keep so far, almost every possible decision that could be made in the games can be made in the Keep. Even things like whether or not you got those 2 dalish elves together in Origins or whether or not you fought with the guards in one quest in DA2.

You can even set what kind of Hawke you had in DA2 (i.e. diplomatic, humorous, or aggressive).

tl;dr The Keep is very comprehensive when it comes to what choices you can edit.
Raviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-30, 05:51   Link #397
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
Well, it does import some trophy/achievements info and your character's photo (but that's kinda still buggy). Other than that, it's all manual input.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raviel View Post
tl;dr The Keep is very comprehensive when it comes to what choices you can edit.
Yeah, I'm quite pleased with how they approached this, myself.

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-30, 06:07   Link #398
Eragon
Still Alive

Thanks for the replies. I just wanted to know if appearances and names were gonna be carried over but, seeing as this is a new engine I think they will let you re-create Warden and Hawke if (when in case of Hawke) they appear in game. Not sure why they don't let you name the character if you don't have the save file (mine got deleted during a recent format). I don't wanna use Kallian and Marian.
Old 2014-10-30, 14:05   Link #399
azarhal

Quote:
Not sure why they don't let you name the character if you don't have the save file (mine got deleted during a recent format).
They are working on it apparently.
azarhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-30, 17:27   Link #400
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raviel View Post
It's less an import of a save file and more like you're setting the current world state of inquisition and then uploading those settings into the game.

From what I've seen of the Keep so far, almost every possible decision that could be made in the games can be made in the Keep. Even things like whether or not you got those 2 dalish elves together in Origins or whether or not you fought with the guards in one quest in DA2.

You can even set what kind of Hawke you had in DA2 (i.e. diplomatic, humorous, or aggressive).

Yeah, that does sound pretty comprehensive. Makes me think we might be in store for some Mass Effect 3 like moment where smaller elements/side-quests of past games actually become relevant in Inquisition .