Notices

Old 2012-05-01, 11:31   Link #381
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mow Yun View Post
Dist is vice master of a guild on Dragonfall
Eh? I'm in Celestial Hills server... I should've made one in Dragonfall instead.

How many members do you guys have currently anyway? Just asking out of curiosity. =D
Silvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 12:04   Link #382
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
Well, its Dist and myself from AS, as far as I know. Guild has in total about 26 members, although two of them are me (I have two characters in the guild)

I may be trying out a Berzerker next, but that'll be a long term plan at this point. Someday I will catch up to you Dist..! >:O
Mow Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 13:19   Link #383
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvance View Post
Eh? I'm in Celestial Hills server... I should've made one in Dragonfall instead.

How many members do you guys have currently anyway? Just asking out of curiosity. =D
THere are some of us on Celestial Hills, Me and Syn for all I remember. Just hit me up, Vahan's the name. Unless of course you wonna go to Dragon.
Old 2012-05-01, 13:47   Link #384
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Well, its Dist and myself from AS, as far as I know. Guild has in total about 26 members
I see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
THere are some of us on Celestial Hills, Me and Syn for all I remember. Just hit me up, Vahan's the name. Unless of course you wonna go to Dragon.
hmmmm, I think I'll stay in Celestial Hills for a while. I can't seem to make up my mind at the moment.

I'll do that when I have the opportunity. Can't do it right now since Enmasse still hasn't fixed the problem regarding the Error:500 log-in issue
Silvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 15:25   Link #385
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
You can transfer your character from the website though, when you log in to your account. So if you wanna come to Dragon, just use that feature. CH is RP server so remember that, you may like Dragon more if you're not into RP'ing.
Old 2012-05-01, 17:51   Link #386
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

The game allows free character transfers? Or will you have to pay (WoW vibes hitting me)? I want to join Mow Yun, and Dist's guild on their server. Then the other members on another server sort of splits it I'm also liking the looks of the Dragon Skin weapons. Also it seems like Celestial Hills is the only "noted" roleplaying server? That's quite a strange start.

Edit: Oh, I was trying to log into my account and noticed they made a news post about it
Old 2012-05-01, 18:10   Link #387
Mow Yun

It may be only for a short while, though. That's kind of the vibe I'm getting. (Because of the overflowing servers)
Old 2012-05-01, 18:13   Link #388
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

I figured, the PvP servers seemed to have filled up awfully quick.
Old 2012-05-01, 20:36   Link #389
Dist

Server transfer is free if you transfer from more populated one to less populated one, but if you transfer to more populated one, they will charge you. Haven't read about it more than that so I dunno.

Either way Hooves, you can only pick one server. RP, or PVE? Well, both are PVE but I'm not really into roleplaying and a RP server sort of *expects* you to roleplay to certain extend .. too much trouble.
Old 2012-05-01, 21:10   Link #390
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Uhhh.... Well.. That's true.. As much as I like to RP at times, there are times when I just primarily want to focus on PVE... As well as PVP at times.. I'll just stick with your guild when I get the game Dist and Mow Yun
Old 2012-05-01, 21:48   Link #391
Xion Valkyrie

Role playing an elin would be...interesting... to say the least.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 22:06   Link #392
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Uhhh.... Well.. That's true.. As much as I like to RP at times, there are times when I just primarily want to focus on PVE... As well as PVP at times.. I'll just stick with your guild when I get the game Dist and Mow Yun
Well, I play on Celestial Hills and I haven't actually extensively roleplayed once yet. A number of people are too busy leveling, getting guilds together, getting crafting going... there's no lack of PvE here.

My guild is not strictly RP either. Gchat is OOC, party chat is OOC, only /say we're strongly encouraged to stay in-character. We chat about various things in gchat and coordinate things like instance runs and other PvE content as well as solidifying guild crafting and AH strategies (since we're a political and economic guild).

It's a good bunch of folks I'm running with and they're all quite likeable and fun to play with. I'm not feeling any sort of "pressure" to stay IC all the time on the RP server, and of course there's some people who just ignore the fact that it's an RP server. However, I'd say most of the people I've run into try to keep in-character when they're talking in /say and there's been a bit of small RP going on here and there. Lots of stuff going on at the tavern in Velika.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
Role playing an elin would be...interesting... to say the least.
I roleplay an elin...
Old 2012-05-01, 22:52   Link #393
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Woops, my bad got the guild names mixed up. I was in No Matter the Cost. But not now. Zodiac was your guild huh, well I have applied to it. I have a couple other alts as well (that I have yet to play, just made them so far).

On ATM, but about to randomly AFK for lunch (fresh fish and chips /glee!)
Old 2012-05-02, 04:02   Link #394
relentlessflame

*Administrator

This is of course old news to everyone (including myself), but this game is too beautiful. I have to try to remember to keep playing the game itself.
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
I never played the beta or any of the previous previews, and just getting started, but so far it seems pretty decent (and of course very pretty). I like how the combat involves some strategy in terms of positioning and there seem to be a lot of different systems to get into at higher levels. I'm actually sort of curious to try playing with a controller at some point just to see what it's like, at least for soloing.
Old 2012-05-02, 04:08   Link #395
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

It's hard to just stop looking at everything and how pretty it all is.

Spent most of this evening attempting to kill a bam 2 levels higher than me. It was made all the more frustrating because I did have it close to dead, then my keyboard randomly stopped responding. He smashed me good.

After about two dozen deaths I figured 6% is close enough for principle's sake. I'll kill underleveled bams to get titan runes... maybe then I won't get knocked down every time the damn monster sneezes.
Old 2012-05-02, 12:05   Link #396
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
It's hard to just stop looking at everything and how pretty it all is.

Spent most of this evening attempting to kill a bam 2 levels higher than me. It was made all the more frustrating because I did have it close to dead, then my keyboard randomly stopped responding. He smashed me good.

After about two dozen deaths I figured 6% is close enough for principle's sake. I'll kill underleveled bams to get titan runes... maybe then I won't get knocked down every time the damn monster sneezes.
Drops seem to really lower after about a 5 level difference, so try to kill BAMs not more than 5 levels under you if you want good drops.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 13:21   Link #397
Dist

^Not true. I've soloed SB at level 32, got 5+ blues per run. I've soloed SM at 40-ish, got 5+ blues per run. The golds really start to drop only at CR and NT so I dont know about those yet as I have not tried to solo them.

Regardless, soloing a bam at 5 levels over doesn't do anything. You can even use instance queue after 7 levels above it's original level so it would be weird if the drops were significantly lower.

Also I've killed the level 20 basilisks around 38 and they still dropped lots of crap so even if the drop thing was true, it wouldn't matter for materials because those DO drop.

And yeah.. the game looks absolutely stunning. I've seen few people who said GW2 is better and LOOKS better and I just .. am left speechless. Though I've not played GW2, I've watched couple videos of it and it does NOT look better o.O. In fact, it looks like an f2p game. Well it sorta is, too ..

Here's some screenies I've taken of areas that I found pretty, as well as my sorcerer ;

Images
Screenies

Images
Sorcerer

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-05-02 at 14:36. Reason: switched to images tag
Dist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 13:22   Link #398
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

I figure go after ones about two levels below me. That way my spells will do more damage and I won't get knocked down hardly at all unless they hit me with their super move--which will probably just kill me outright, lol.

Edit: For instance drops I've established the rule. The game looks at the highest level party member and sets the loot tables accordingly. For instance, Sinestral Manor is a level 26 instance. If you run it at 26, everybody at 26, with level 26 greens and 22 blues equipped, you'll see each boss drop 2-3 blues and the final boss drop 2-3 blues and 2 golds. You'll also see higher incidences of random blues dropping from trash mobs and more runes. I ran SM from 26 until 31 without seeing any difference in drops. In that five level domain, each boss dropped 2-3 blues and the final boss dropped the blues plus the golds.

However, I ran SM another time after I hit 32 to finish up some quests that were half-completed. There was a marked difference in the drops. The bosses that previously were dropping 2-3 blues were now dropping one blue or none at all, and the final boss only dropped 2 golds and 1 blue.

This seems pretty consistent across all of my attempts at various instances as well, so as long as you're within five levels of the level listed in the instance matching queue, you should not affect the loot tables. But once you are +6 above the instance, the drops start to "drop" off pretty significantly. Granted you still have a chance to get them, but the chances get real low and the chance of getting nothing from a miniboss becomes much more likely.
Old 2012-05-02, 14:59   Link #399
Mow Yun

Blah, soloing as a lancer is no fun Takes FOREVER to kill anything
Old 2012-05-02, 15:10   Link #400
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Blah, soloing as a lancer is no fun Takes FOREVER to kill anything
It does, but its not so boring to me because its so bad ass to take them big bastards head on.