AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-09-21, 05:21   Link #381
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Seriously, hand to God - I'm tearing up right now. I just can't believe it. Is it real?
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-21, 09:18   Link #382
Uribatake

As I said before, that's what's great about NHK shows: DVD/BD sales don't matter. May this be the new Major and get many more seasons.

Last edited by Uribatake; 2014-09-21 at 09:54.
Uribatake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-21, 10:03   Link #383
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Well, I'm pretty confident no one wants that more than me. But Major had per-volume sales about 10X what Baby Steps does, on average.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-21, 10:24   Link #384
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

For those wondering, the announcement for the next season was made within the show (in the "next episode" preview), so yeah; there is little to argue about it.

If anything, I'm glad they they stuck really closely to the original through the show, unlike their initial expectations.

Last edited by Okashira; 2014-09-21 at 11:13.
Okashira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-21, 11:18   Link #385
HandofFate

Cute date in the beginning.
Never get tired of the characters singing their anime's own OP and ED.

lol @ Nat-chan. I like the confidence and assertiveness in her. Lots of female mains get so wishy washy, but she's her own person. I liked the part when Ei-chan asked her how she feels about him, and she says he's cheating because he's asking her how she feels without saying how he feels himself first. Don't think he got it though.

Liked the end too with him giving her some motivation to do good in her first round.
Old 2014-09-21, 12:05   Link #386
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Thank you universe for this gift of a second season .

Kind of nuts that going into this show I was worried about them not getting it right. Yet in the end they put out one heck of a loyal adaptation to this point and now we've got a second season secured . Can't wait for season 2.

The date was a great thing to have in the last episode. The focus staying nicely on Ei-chan tennis goals, but also showing that isn't all he has. Nice to have a main character working towards his goal, but not blind to everything else at the same time.

That was an evil move at the end there . The entire crowd ready for some kind of confession and instead it was a show of support . Still, nice to see him following his instincts more. Both characters ending the first season working hard to move forward.
Old 2014-09-21, 15:00   Link #387
Sky Field

Faithful to the very end, AND an S2 announcement? I had to pinch myself to make sure this wasn't a lucid dream. The great writing is something the anime shares with its source material, but one thing I especially love that's unique to the adaptation is the voice work. Taishi's Ei-Chan didn't sound at all like I expected in the beginning, and now I can't imagine him sounding any other way. Minako's Natsu was just... spot on, and a thrill to listen to from the get-go. KENN voicing Ide was probably the most pleasant surprise as far as casting goes, so I can't wait to hear more of him.
Sky Field is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-21, 20:13   Link #388
garbage

very happy this gets a second season

..nat-chan looks so cute during the date

..and that was some suspense at that last meeting there... kept the audience in-universe & irl hanging
Old 2014-09-21, 20:39   Link #389
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stark700 View Post
Season 2 confirmed to air in Spring 2015!

Anyways, the next arc should be exciting since it's from one of my favorites in the manga.
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm very happy at that news. This makes me very happy.

Also, great episode.

Last edited by dniv; 2014-09-21 at 21:14.
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-22, 06:21   Link #390
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

So this was the final episode? Definitely didn't feel like one but I guess it doesn't matter since we have a second season. Overall it's been enjoyable to see Maruo's tennis develop but Maruo himself still strikes me as a little "two dimensional" even after the final episode. I don't dislike Maruo but it is hard to feel emotionally attached to him. Good series though.

Overall: 7.5/10.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-22, 12:05   Link #391
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

second season? darn, just when I thought I could start reading the manga after the series ended
and SPRING 2015? it's 6 months break and probably another 6 months for 2cour anime run -____-

(Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for the second season LOL)
Old 2014-09-22, 18:20   Link #392
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
I'm so glad we're getting a second season. I've really enjoyed watching Ei-chan grow throughout the series, and to find something he's passionate about.
Cloudedmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-23, 21:10   Link #393
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well not to bad but it seem wierd that Maruo what to go into tennis in the first place

6/10
Old 2014-09-24, 13:29   Link #394
Somnus
Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Seriously, hand to God - I'm tearing up right now. I just can't believe it. Is it real?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Well, I'm pretty confident no one wants that more than me. But Major had per-volume sales about 10X what Baby Steps does, on average.
Enzo, I seem to recall a conversation we had early in the season:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somnus View Post
...That said, you never know Guardian Enzo. Based on the OP they'll be making pretty good headway with a 26 ep run here, and will be able to find a good stopping point, or opt for an anime original end. My point being is that I don't think Bakuman moved mountains in sales either and it got 3 seasons much to my surprise, haha. Of course, that had the advantage of the original medium wrapping up as well. Who knows, right?
I guess we're both happy that my off-hand guess turned out to be correct, eh?

That said, I really like Baby Steps' OP. Hopefully the next season's is just as catchy.
Old 2014-09-24, 15:00   Link #395
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somnus View Post
Enzo, I seem to recall a conversation we had early in the season:

I guess we're both happy that my off-hand guess turned out to be correct, eh?

That said, I really like Baby Steps' OP. Hopefully the next season's is just as catchy.
I would have probably preferred two different OP's though and two endings... even if they were both good... more of a good thing like that is usually preferred by me.
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-04, 23:49   Link #396
MCAL

Episodes 9-25:
Finally got to finishing this series and I don't regret. Some of the matches got pretty intense even with the lack of really good production values. I look forward to the Second season.
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-26, 23:27   Link #397
shoyo

done watching haikyuu!! will watch this one as well, and ace of diamond

Tags
shounen, sports, tennis