AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2015-09-08, 09:21   Link #381
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

i dont care how people resent GT but i will honest i like more SS4 concept than SSG because SS4 really related to Saiyan potential than SSG as their next transformation
bonding saiyan idea is really foool,it proven us how rusty Toriyama skill now and yeah battle of God is really bad. Bill was good villain but Toriyama lost the way to made him interesting

i wish this sequel is after the Z ending (when Goku train UUB) that will be good reboot for GT and continuation for Z
i bein suspect the reason them choose before Z ending because Gotenks and Trunk havent aged yet and still kid
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-08, 09:28   Link #382
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Yeah, SS4 is a way better power-up than SSG. In fact it's my favorite SS state and one of the reasons why I consider GT canon. I also agree on Toriyama's writing. He has never been a great writer, but ever since the end of the Frieza saga, it just all went downhill writing-wise. And DB Super is a new all-time low so far.
Old 2015-09-08, 09:43   Link #383
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I'd still say the story in GT was a total mess. But, it wasn't like SS4 was a bad idea itself (the whole turning kid Goku into an adult via transforming was downright stupid, but the transformation itself wasn't). At least it worked a bit better than the SSG setup.

Regardless Super hasn't really been much to comment about. They may be forced to stay in the slice of life territory since they can't really manage to animate action.
Old 2015-09-08, 09:57   Link #384
GDB

...They've literally had two episodes that aren't rehashing the movie. They're likely going to continue stretching the movie until episode 12 or 13, making the movie into an entire cour. Then we'll finally move onto the new stuff for a cour, then Resurrection F for a cour. That should leave one more cour that would either go before Resurrection F or after it.

I'm more shocked at the shock you guys seem to have that we haven't gotten much new story yet after they specifically said they were going to cover the movies in the series, and they literally cannot do anything new until after they cover Battle of Gods.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-08, 11:17   Link #385
Vegard Aune

I'm a few days late on this, but I'll just repost what I said elsewhere after first seeing episode 9...

[12:55] <@Lord_Starfish> You know, I've noticed something about Super in recent episodes... They seem to be taking longer to tell the story than Battle of Gods did, naturally... yet for all that, LESS is actually happening -_-
[12:56] <@Lord_Starfish> Like, I've said this before but... why is Pilaf here? They've pretty much cut out every single thing he and his goons actually contributed to Battle of Gods, and it's not like they're doing anything new or interesting with them either, they're just... there. And they're kids for some reason which they've neglected to explain.
[13:05] <@Lord_Starfish> If they wanted to pad the arc out for time... which on some level I guess makes sense as it gives them more time to plan out the actual NEW content... why would they NOT include the subplot with Trunks asking Mai to pretend to be his girlfriend? Why NOT have the backstory on what the Super Saiyan God is (because yeah, they just omitted that entirely)? Why NOT have the Pilaf gang trying to steal the Dragon Balls and all the shenanigans that entailed? Why set up the Bingo tournament and even seemingly foreshadow the Vegeta dance scene only to then have it never take place?
[13:06] <@Lord_Starfish> This... really does not give me much hope for the Resurrection F arc.

...So yeah. At the moment, not really liking Super much. It's pretty much just a stretched out, less substantial, less enjoyable version of Battle of Gods.
Old 2015-09-08, 14:16   Link #386
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I'm more shocked at the shock you guys seem to have that we haven't gotten much new story yet after they specifically said they were going to cover the movies in the series, and they literally cannot do anything new until after they cover Battle of Gods.
I'm not shocked by the fact that there's no new story, but that there's no story at all and that they would even consider turning that crappy movie into the beginning of a series. In an ensemble of over 10 bad movies they picked the worst for this new series.
Old 2015-09-08, 14:38   Link #387
chaos_animagic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
It's more like Pan went super saiyan inside her. But yeah, I guess that justifies Gohan going SSJ himself.
Forgot to talk about this.

But if you look at the TV series (forgot if the movie's the same or not)
(besides the first attempt) (the second attempt of "pouring heart" instead of "KI")

But they didn't really go "super Saiyan" by their own will, it was more or less triggered by Pan going Super Saiyan inside the womb.

In fact, everything else afterwards was all triggered by Pan as the center point.

And when Pan stopped Super Saiyan, so did Vidal, then all others went off Super Saiyan too.

Pan is probably the real reason for the Ritual's success, lol. (super baby...)
chaos_animagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-08, 14:57   Link #388
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
In an ensemble of over 10 bad movies they picked the worst for this new series.
The only one that expands on the series' mythos and has any long-lasting effect on the world? One of only three that actually could reasonably have happened in the manga's timeline? The one that actually tries to do a bit more beyond "Oh no there's this really strong bad dude let's fight him for an hour and then win with the exact same move that we always beat the villain with in these movies despite it having never worked in canon at the time this movie was made!"

I mean what would you prefer? Lord Slug aka Piccolo 2.0? Cooler's Revenge aka Freeza 2.0? Super Android 13 aka 17 and 18 2.0? Fusion Reborn aka Majin Boo 2.0? Honestly, out of the old DBZ-movies, the only ones that even came close to having a semi-decent story were the eighth and thirteenth one. All the rest were just tired rehashes of whatever the TV-series was doing at the time. (Though Fusion Reborn was hilarious so I give that one a pass.) Battle of Gods actually gave us something new. It introduced a great new character in Beerus, it reinforced one of the original themes of the series that sort of got abandoned after a while, that being the "There is always someone better"-thing that was so prevalent in early DB, and it set up the possibility for future stories with the revelation of the multiple universes. A possibility Super has already promised that it will follow up on eventually. I mean granted before that we'll have to get through Resurrection F, which pretty much is just another standard DBZ movie with little more to it beyond "Oh no there's this really strong bad dude let's fight him for an hour!", but new content is coming. And it's the kind of new content that none of the pre-BoG movies ever left any room for.

But despite all this... Yeah the Battle of Gods remake is getting extremely boring. At least do something interesting with it if you're going to give us Super Saiyan God Goku VS Beerus again, don't just change the setting and remove half the jokes and leave everything else as-is!
Old 2015-09-08, 15:23   Link #389
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Battle of Gods is the worst movie I've ever seen. Star Wars Episode 2 is better.
Old 2015-09-08, 15:28   Link #390
RDNexus

Like I've said in other times and places... It's all a matter of preferences, not simply a fact set in stone.
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-08, 15:40   Link #391
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Personally, rest of the terrible so far remake notwithstanding, the TV-version of Goku's ascension to Godhood now ranks among my all time favorite moments in the entire Dragonball Saga.

Rather than a moment of rage and terror, it was a nice touch how the Director instead opted to make it a moment of beauty and wonder, particularly in its uplifting musical motif, which bore a rather striking resemblance to "Sagitta lumis" ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgat59HFycY ), which also heralded the ascension of a God of hope.

The use of a soprano reaching her triumphant crescendo as the Six Warriors were bathed in a sacred golden light of hope was indescribably heartwarming, and I admit to shedding a few tears at that moment.

Now ,same as everyone else, I hope the directors do NOT ruin it with a subpar battle in the next episode.
Old 2015-09-08, 15:46   Link #392
DemonneoPT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegard Aune View Post
I'm a few days late on this, but I'll just repost what I said elsewhere after first seeing episode 9...

[12:55] <@Lord_Starfish> You know, I've noticed something about Super in recent episodes... They seem to be taking longer to tell the story than Battle of Gods did, naturally... yet for all that, LESS is actually happening -_-
[12:56] <@Lord_Starfish> Like, I've said this before but... why is Pilaf here? They've pretty much cut out every single thing he and his goons actually contributed to Battle of Gods, and it's not like they're doing anything new or interesting with them either, they're just... there. And they're kids for some reason which they've neglected to explain.
[13:05] <@Lord_Starfish> If they wanted to pad the arc out for time... which on some level I guess makes sense as it gives them more time to plan out the actual NEW content... why would they NOT include the subplot with Trunks asking Mai to pretend to be his girlfriend? Why NOT have the backstory on what the Super Saiyan God is (because yeah, they just omitted that entirely)? Why NOT have the Pilaf gang trying to steal the Dragon Balls and all the shenanigans that entailed? Why set up the Bingo tournament and even seemingly foreshadow the Vegeta dance scene only to then have it never take place?
[13:06] <@Lord_Starfish> This... really does not give me much hope for the Resurrection F arc.

...So yeah. At the moment, not really liking Super much. It's pretty much just a stretched out, less substantial, less enjoyable version of Battle of Gods.
I agree with this. I'm not complaining much about Super (besides the horrible animation), because i like the comedy and i love Beerus (comedy and the characters looks more like the original DB without the "Z"), but everything you said it's true, specially the bold part. I'd been having that feeling for quite some time
DemonneoPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-08, 21:57   Link #393
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
What? Beerus is an excellent addition to the cast and the Dragonball mythos. Of course, I'm talking about the goofy and fun-loving movie version more than the TV series, but he STILL serves a good purpose in shaking up the status quo.
Old 2015-09-08, 23:05   Link #394
rladls2121

Don't forget Whis, he is also an excellent addition.
And I want Mira and Towa to be addition to this series as well.
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-08, 23:12   Link #395
ChainLegacy
廉頗

I'm not fully sold on them being excellent additions, but they definitely have potential. It all depends how this parallel universe arc turns out.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-09, 05:40   Link #396
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

All said and done; who else wants to buy the Dragonball S Original Soundtrack just for this Epically Heartwarming Musical Motiff?

Old 2015-09-09, 20:59   Link #397
Stro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idealist 99 View Post
Well , I guess we got a glimpse of how a Female Super Sayan will look like--

Hopefully , Goku will lift over 200,000,000,000,000,000,000 ton in his base form in future to show how powerful he gotten after adsorbing SSGJ.
He already receive enough humiliation for lifting 40 ton.
Actually it was 40 tons in a place that have 10G (10 times the gravity of the earth) with means it was actually 400 tons.
Stro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-09, 21:39   Link #398
BladeMancer
TheBladeThatRivesDivinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stro View Post
Actually it was 40 tons in a place that have 10G (10 times the gravity of the earth) with means it was actually 400 tons.
Nope. Each weight was actually 4 tons and the ten times gravity made it 40 tons
BladeMancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-10, 00:04   Link #399
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_animagic View Post
Needs more Female Super Saiyans

I hope this sequel will go further than just a retelling of movies and into more original content and add new characters.

Maybe into Pan growing up and going super saiyan by herself.
and not be completely and utterly annoying and wished for death by every fan.

Also, just need more female Saiyans,
Old 2015-09-10, 21:21   Link #400
justavisitor

Speaking of Pan, I think the timeline has messed up a little bit, at the very end of Dragonball z, 10 years after fighting buu, Pan was about 4 years old...now in dragon ball super, half a year (or 2 months from the sub?I don't quite remember) after the buu's saga, Pan is in Videl's belly

Unless, saiyan takes longer time to be born, then poor Videl XD
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, dragon ball z, shounen, super powers, tragedy