Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-11-07, 05:13   Link #381
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Getting back to that "Vanpire no Koibito" bit, in the manga they translated it as: "Ama Vampire" and

Spoiler:

MUWAHAHAHAHAHAAHA!!
Vampire Harem!!!!! BANZAI!
Old 2004-11-07, 22:09   Link #382
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Just noticed, since I'm a newbie for Tsukuyomi, that Akatsuki-manga recently released volume 2.

http://www.seas.ucla.edu/~rogerw/

Note: Certainly sure that the manga still is unlicensed.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-08, 00:19   Link #383
LK_LoA

Curious how the manga Hazuki suddenly sprouts cat ears while anime Hazuki has to wear a nekomimi headband. XD
LK_LoA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-08, 02:29   Link #384
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by LK_LoA
Curious how the manga Hazuki suddenly sprouts cat ears while anime Hazuki has to wear a nekomimi headband. XD
Actually, I think of that in reverse. It is interesting that in the anime Hazuki has to wear a nekomimi headband while in every other anime I've ever seen (as well as the manga), girls often sprout cat ears naturally. Of course those cat ears are usually for effect rather than being something that people can see and comment on.

Can anyone tell me if she has literal or metaphorical cat ears in the manga?

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-08, 02:49   Link #385
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
Actually, I think of that in reverse. It is interesting that in the anime Hazuki has to wear a nekomimi headband while in every other anime I've ever seen (as well as the manga), girls often sprout cat ears naturally. Of course those cat ears are usually for effect rather than being something that people can see and comment on.

They're ornaments as far as I can tell.
Newprimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-08, 02:51   Link #386
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO
MUWAHAHAHAHAHAAHA!!
Vampire Harem!!!!! BANZAI!

Yes, vampire harems are the best!

Vamp: Darling..... *bares teeth*

Dude: *GULP*
Newprimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-08, 04:09   Link #387
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova

dammit Shinova you obaka-chan.

Use the edit button!

Geez you neko-suki-nyaaa-nii! double posting bakamitai....

Old 2004-11-08, 04:46   Link #388
DaFool
Resident devil

Let me try this experiment. I am quoting Onizuka-GTO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO
dammit Shinova you obaka-chan.

Use the edit button!

Geez you neko-suki-nyaaa-nii! double posting bakamitai....

Now I am quoting Shinova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova

Whoa, it works! Dual-quoting is possible in a single post.
DaFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-08, 05:50   Link #389
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
Both, actually. There is at least one instance I can remember where Hazuki does the usual neko-mimi visual gag thing, and it's gone in the next panel.

However, she also has the cat-ear headband, which causes much comment among people who think that Kouhei likes that sort of thing (as well as the unfortunate 29-year old producer guy...).

Also, in the manga, Hazuki has the Magically Disappearing cat tail. Doesn't seem to matter if she's wearing the cat-ear band, either.
dkellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-08, 08:06   Link #390
LK_LoA

Proper vampires have nekomimi?
LK_LoA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-08, 11:00   Link #391
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Proper vampires have nekomimi?

no.

only kawaii vampire loliconbait have them.

Old 2004-11-08, 12:58   Link #392
Srin Tuar
無謀

Quote:
I like it better as a headband, by far.
Srin Tuar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-08, 17:25   Link #393
wayward

Oh just thought I'd come along and give some info for those who were curious. The reason Ashibaka bashes mahou so much (and also the reason he's adtrw-favored) is because he's apart of adtrw. Please also note that members of adtrw are also members of akatsuki-manga (so in essence, it's a joint). As to any versions of the anime or manga being better, it's all up to opinion, since both teams have their strong points.
wayward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-08, 17:43   Link #394
Shii
Afflicted by the vanities
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayward
The reason Ashibaka bashes mahou so much (and also the reason he's adtrw-favored) is because he's apart of adtrw.
Hopefully, people already know that, because of my responses to comments on ADTRW releases, requests for translation help with the ED, putting AnimeSuki people in the credits for some ADTRW releases, and so forth and so on...
Shii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-08, 17:44   Link #395
llort

it's the same people? there seems to be a pretty big quality disparity between a-m's manga quality and adtrw's fansub tho. i mean, who leaves an incantation in the fansub as [incantation] and just leaves that on the screen for 30 seconds? it's one thing if its gibberish like in the manga, but when it's translatable (mahou and even sugar-cube actually bothered translating it), to just leave "[incantation]" on the screen... and personally, i'm also not a fan of when groups are too lazy to typeset, but that's a personal preference i suppose (and don't say it's to give people the "freedom to choose their own fonts" cuz that's crap and we all know it)

also, for the love of god, don't dl defilerpak. that's just adtrw or whoever trying to load your computer up with spyware. defilerpak is famous (almost as bad as nimo's) for having all sorts of crap in it, and anyone who tells you to install defilerpak is just being malicious. there's nothing you can play by installing defilerpak that you can't play by installing the proper codecs. nothing.

and no, i'm not affiliated with adtrw, a-m, mahou, or s-c
llort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-08, 17:50   Link #396
Shii
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by llort
i mean, who leaves an incantation in the fansub as [incantation] and just leaves that on the screen for 30 seconds?
Someone whose translator only knows conversational Japanese and who didn't find a backup translation checker until Episode 4. C'mon, cut me a little slack. Besides the screwup at the end of episode 3, I didn't have any big mistakes, which is pretty good for two guys with no help and no previous fansubbing experience.

Quote:
and personally, i'm also not a fan of when groups are too lazy to typeset, but that's a personal preference i suppose (and don't say it's to give people the "freedom to choose their own fonts" cuz that's crap and we all know it)
You have no knowledge of the OGM container and have not watched episodes 3 through 5.

Quote:
defilerpak is famous (almost as bad as nimo's) for having all sorts of crap in it, and anyone who tells you to install defilerpak is just being malicious.
Wow.

This is the silliest thing I have ever heard on this board.

DefilerPak is the following components:

* ffdshow: Rapidly making codec packs obsolete. Plays almost everything.
* AC3Filter: Decodes AC-3/Dolby Digital audio streams.
* CoreAAC DirectShow filter: Decodes AAC audio streams.
* Ogg DirectShow filter: Enables support for .OGM containers.
* CoreVorbis: Decodes Vorbis audio streams.
* Matroska DirectShow filter: Supports the powerful new Matroska A/V container format.
* VSFilter: Supports a wide variety of subtitle formats.
* DivX ;-) Audio: Just in case.

Which of those is the "crap"?
Old 2004-11-08, 17:54   Link #397
llort

actually i've watched every single version of every single tsukuyomi sub released
that means adtrw 1-5, mahou 1-4, s-c 1-2

and yes, i did notice the timing error in ur ep4 with the miso soup part
Old 2004-11-08, 17:56   Link #398
Shii
*Fansubber

Quote:
actually i've watched every single version of every single tsukuyomi sub released
that means adtrw 1-5, mahou 1-4, s-c 1-2
So how can you accuse me of not doing typesetting?

edit: Nevermind, I get it.
Old 2004-11-08, 17:59   Link #399
shadowplay
passive observer

Nice to see Mahou catching up. Patience = paying off. Oh yeah, and death to .mkv
shadowplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-08, 18:06   Link #400
llort

i'll just summarize my gripes agasint softsubs
while it is possible now with mkv to use ssa to essentially do a hardsub (overwrite player preferences and whatnot), no one actually does this, so for the sake of argument we'll pretend this ability doesn't exist (since no1 actually uses it).

so, to use untypesetted softsubs basically means that all the text will be 1 font (well, maybe italic here or there, whatever), 1 size, 1 color, and all center aligned rougly near the bottom of your screen. when there's several people talking, this can get kinda confusing, since its harder to differentiate who is saying what, as opposed to a hardsub where u can make that distinction by either placing some dialogue on the top of the screen, or more commonly a different color. this is actually the case in many occasions, like if u want to translate a sign or something, instead of being able to put the text right next to the sign (unless you went to the extra trouble of putting the sign as a separate sub stream), u have to put it on the bottom with the other dialogue.

you might say, but mkv has the ability to individually adjust lines in terms of placement and styling. the problem is, no 1 actually does. this would involve actually dissecting the sub streams, since video players only go so far as to let you adjust where the default text block is, not individual lines. also, it would require the viewer to have already watched the episode to know when it would look nicer to move lines here and there, or use a diff color or font somewhere, which defeats the whole point of doing it in the first place.

also, giving viewers the ability to choose their own fonts means very little, since oftentimes if you choose something other than like, arial for example (or similar dull looking fonts), and instead opt for something prettier or more exotic, you'll find that the spacing or size of the fonts no longer fits properly. this is compounded by most exotic fonts being incomplete font sets, missing various ascii characters that rarely (but occasionally) DO show up. not to mention, if you do translate signs or notes and have non-default placement, those have to be fixed fonts anyways, or else some fonts will destroy the positioning and word wrap

Tags
fantasy, kemonomimi, seinen