Old 2007-01-29, 07:30   Link #381
eggplant
Eggplant

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSam View Post
From Anime News Service:
Quote:

Kyoshiro Sora Broadcast Start / DVD Exclusives

The Kyoshiro Sora TV anime has gotten an April 25th greenlight to begin airing on ATX. Plans for a DVD release was announced simutaneously and among the planned extras is untelecast epsiode material.
There is something wrong about the translated article.

It should say that the DVD series for Kyoushirou to Towa no Sora will be released starting from April 25.
Kyoushirou is already broadcasted on the satellite station AT-X, ahead of other terrestrial stations (I'm a subscriber to AT-X myself).

As for the untelecast epsiodes, according to the original article, there willl be apparently one unaired episode per each volume, making it 6 DVD only episodes in all.

While on the topic of DVDs, Vol. 2 of Kanon is deferred until Feb 21.

Yuri de yuri de yuriyuri ne!--Tsunomoto Rein

eggplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-29, 08:02   Link #382
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Thanks for the correction eggplant, have to admit i was a lil' confused for a few minutes with that. ^^;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Li Jianliang View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2007-01-29, 10:02   Link #383
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Kyoshiro is too cruel! How could he say that to poor Set-chan behind her back. I'm starting to hate him now. Well, I guess he's not too evil unlike Mika's obsession to Kaon. Poor Himiko
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-29, 10:36   Link #384
NeoSam

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggplant View Post
There is something wrong about the translated article.

It should say that the DVD series for Kyoushirou to Towa no Sora will be released starting from April 25.
Kyoushirou is already broadcasted on the satellite station AT-X, ahead of other terrestrial stations (I'm a subscriber to AT-X myself).

As for the untelecast epsiodes, according to the original article, there willl be apparently one unaired episode per each volume, making it 6 DVD only episodes in all.

While on the topic of DVDs, Vol. 2 of Kanon is deferred until Feb 21.
I see, thanks but 6 DVD only episodes, thats too much I'll have to wait for all the DVDs to get released to finish the series
Old 2007-01-29, 15:01   Link #385
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I just want to say that I agree with what orion wrote in response to djc89's description of Kuu as "dumb." She is not stupid, she is in love. She's emotional and has an "unexplained inferiority complex," but she is perfectly rational in the things she does, under the circumstances.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-29, 15:23   Link #386
Kipp
Uncertainty

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Kuu's not dumb as seen by her actions in ep. 14. She demonstrated the ability to come to an independent decision based on 2 conflicting viewpoints. She's sheltered and innocent with an unexplained inferiority complex.

Spoiler:
That was quite an awesome explanation of Kuu. I'll admit, I was getting kind of annoyed with her at first, wondering why she was acting like that. You put it into perspective though, and I realized why. Nice job on that.
Kipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-29, 15:32   Link #387
Mangaka-chan

Kuu does tend to be a bit...shall we say fanciful? She's also a bit stammering and shy in some instances (though that might be due to the sterotypical cute, innocent Japanese school girl cliche). However she is quite pragmatic when the situation calls for, such as finding bandages for Kyoshiro's wounds (btw, I applaude the animators for adding the dried blood on her hands after she's done treating Kyoshiro; it adds to the realism ), finding some water, and didn't just sit there and cry. And throughout the episode we get to see what she's thinking and I'm quite impressed that she's thinking deeply about some of the issues around her; needless to say, not all anime heroines share that attribute.
Mangaka-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-29, 16:11   Link #388
Key Board
Carbon

she's not stupid

she's an eccentric girl who thinks in poetry
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-29, 16:20   Link #389
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Just caught up with the series... well, i definitely like it, despite the over-the-topness of it all (especially the white horse...come on, how cheesy can you possibly get ? ). First ep left me with mixed feelings (it felt like something from all generes tossed together in a blender ), but after ep4 i have to say i am hooked.

Ep4 sure dumped a lot of info on us. About Kyoshiro... well, i am not too sure what to think of him. At first i was hell-bent believing that he is going to turn out the bad guy, but now i believe he is confuse/miss-interpreting the things his brother said, and acting upon it.

One thing i would like to know - who the hell is Kuu. Obviously, she is not some random schoolgirl, and she seems essential for Kyoshiro plan(whatever that might be). But is she an AA ? We know that Kyoshiro hates AA inside out(to the level of not even touching Setsuna's food), but for some reason his attitude towards Kuu is different. And i don't think it is simply because he needs her for his plans. (however there is that possibility). After all he didn't mention Kuu as one of the AAs he has to destroy ... and tho it could be to the fact that she was standing right behind him, he seemed too lost in the moment to care about such details

Perhaps there is something about Kuu that makes him think differentially about her than other AAs(assuming she is one)... perhaps he indeed has(is developing) genuine feelings for her. Either way i believe this is going to cause an inner conflict for Kyoshiro down the road - where he will have to choose sacrificing Kuu for his plans, VS the feelings he has for her(+any additional information he could have obtained at that point)

Also i would like to know how did the AAs become servants to their respective masters.

Setsuna..well, i kinda feel sorry for her. She loves a man that hates AAs and does not care for her at all (minus hating her for being AA), and she also appears to be the weakest AA from what we have seen... at least the Nekomimi seems to be stronger than her.

A lot of questions to be answered... after the first ep i thought this would be "sit back, relax, and enjoy the ride while your brain is on standby mode" show, but i guess it is proving me wrong to some extent.

Oh - Kuu should stop talking to her "dear prince" - it is starting to get on my nerves ... and she should try to figure out why does Kyoshiro wants her to tag along - because she seems useless even to herself... tho i guess she is too busy daydreaming about Kyoshiro to notice much of anything else
Old 2007-01-29, 16:50   Link #390
Dop
Mmmm....

Kuu reminds me of one of those heroines from the novels of Tanith Lee, who gets dragged along by the action seemingly without volition, but who ends up taking a key role in events as the story reaches its climax.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-29, 16:58   Link #391
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Episode 4 was the sexiest episode EVER!! Injured moaning bishounen FTW

Quote:
Why did the creators make Kuu so dumb?
Kuu's not dumb. She ripped her skirt because of a little thing called "FAN SERVICE". Dur. T_T Seriously, how can you even ask such a thing. Why would KAISHAKU have her use the bed sheet when they have an opportunity to make her skirt shorter? Don'cha know Kaishaku are perverts?

On the contrary, I'm quite impressed by Kuu-chan's actions.
Old 2007-01-29, 17:23   Link #392
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post

Kuu's not dumb. She ripped her skirt because of a little thing called "FAN SERVICE". Dur. T_T Seriously, how can you even ask such a thing. Why would KAISHAKU have her use the bed sheet when they have an opportunity to make her skirt shorter? Don'cha know Kaishaku are perverts?

I'd have been more impressed by her actions had she dived into the medical kit filled with bugs. That'd have been a far more profound show of courage by her.

But, you're right. I couldn't make head or tail of what the skirt rip scene was trying to say about her character. Now I realize it was just an oppurtunity for fanservice.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-29, 17:36   Link #393
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

^ Well, a bug-infested ancient bandage is not exactly what you would want to use on an open wound, no ?
Old 2007-01-29, 18:09   Link #394
Kipp
Uncertainty

I think the skirt ripping was a mixture of Kuu realizing there was no other clean cloth around, and the fact they could make fanservice out of it.
Kipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-29, 18:49   Link #395
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
^ Well, a bug-infested ancient bandage is not exactly what you would want to use on an open wound, no ?
Ok, fair point. If the bandage is rolled up, though, the inner layers may still be salvageable. And there could have been other tools in there, such as scissors, tape and whatnot. There was a running water supply so she could have cleaned those quite easily. I just thought that it was a bit cowardice that she just instantly threw the kit away as soon as she saw the bugs when a more resourceful person would have at least tried to salvage something from it.

And I'm still not backing away from my opinion that Kuu is, to put it kindly, slow. I mean, I like her, but most people would ask "why me" if they were pulled into a potentially life-threatening journey like this one. One can blame it on her emotions for Kyoshiro taking away her ability to critically think her way through the situation, or a character flaw like an inferiority-complex which is likely the result of a past event, but I still think it's taken her far too long to ask the question, even at least to herself.

And, it may be horses for courses, but I still think "Greetings, my prince" is one of the best things about this show. I'm actually thinking more and more that it's going to play an integral part in the plot somehow.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-29, 18:52   Link #396
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
I'd have been more impressed by her actions had she dived into the medical kit filled with bugs. That'd have been a far more profound show of courage by her.
BLEEEEH that was sooo gross! XP I don't blame her for not using that. Something similar happened to me once:When I was little, I opened a plastic locket that was on our porch and all these pill bugs fell out of it. So it's a little traumatizing for me to open things now.

Quote:
But, you're right. I couldn't make head or tail of what the skirt rip scene was trying to say about her character. Now I realize it was just an oppurtunity for fanservice.
I do think it does say something about her character: she is noble and sweet enough to use her own skirt to help Kyoshiro...^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kipp View Post
Well, a bug-infested ancient bandage is not exactly what you would want to use on an open wound, no ?
YUCK! Indeed. XD It was probably full of bacteria...ew ew
Old 2007-01-29, 18:53   Link #397
Mangaka-chan

Quote:
Ditto that *promptly gets smacked*
Mangaka-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-29, 19:01   Link #398
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:

as i said before...she intentionally made her mini skirt more..."mini" and cmon using bed sheets wont be half as interesting ^__^

and for her being dumb i dont really think that anymore...at least she isnt as dumb as to think that kyoshiro's way of thinking is right ~ im glad she is able to correct him somewat ^__^

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-29, 19:09   Link #399
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K View Post
Ok, fair point. If the bandage is rolled up, though, the inner layers may still be salvageable. And there could have been other tools in there, such as scissors, tape and whatnot. There was a running water supply so she could have cleaned those quite easily. I just thought that it was a bit cowardice that she just instantly threw the kit away as soon as she saw the bugs when a more resourceful person would have at least tried to salvage something from it.
That might be true, but the guy was bleeding - and it is probably better to stop it now, that trying to salvage some bandage (that might as well turn out impossible in the end), while the guy continues to bleed

About the water supply - she went to look for water after she had bandaged him, so washing the bandage was not an option at that time

Quote:
And I'm still not backing away from my opinion that Kuu is, to put it kindly, slow. I mean, I like her, but most people would ask "why me" if they were pulled into a potentially life-threatening journey like this one. One can blame it on her emotions for Kyoshiro taking away her ability to critically think her way through the situation, or a character flaw like an inferiority-complex which is likely the result of a past event, but I still think it's taken her far too long to ask the question, even at least to herself.
That i agree with She is certainly not the brightest thing in the block. Unless the "lets go. Together" triggers something she is incapable of resisting... coupled with her love for him+ that complex of hers, because of what she is now in bliss that some one actually needs her (to the point where she simply does not question/care(?) why - as long as she feels needed by some one...) ... but yea - it is about time she starts thinking about it.

Quote:
And, it may be horses for courses, but I still think "Greetings, my prince" is one of the best things about this show. I'm actually thinking more and more that it's going to play an integral part in the plot somehow.
Hm...i rather think that the "Lets go. Together" is going to play a part here
Old 2007-01-29, 19:43   Link #400
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I never liked Kyoushiro to begin with.

At first it was because he was WAY TOO cheesy, but that I can swallow.

My opinion of him became stronger when I saw the the way he treated Setsuna, and it was episode 4 that seals the deal.

Male leads really should be idolizing someone THAT much, as soujirou puts it, well I was never a fan of the 'perfect' role model. But I'll let that slide.

I can take the fact that he's just using Setsuna, I'm more than used to it happening (and was even expecting it). But what I seriously dislike is that he's practical playing with her feelings.

Now THATS a two-face if I've ever seen one...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, fantasy, kaishaku, romance, shounen