Notices

Old 2009-08-20, 15:01   Link #381
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rukia_Blue View Post
Hey seeing Hitsu isn't that bad
Yes it is. Yes it so fucking is.

It was brilliant the way Aizen and Gin completely made Hitsu look like a fool. I was duped into thinking that Kubo had created a Gary Stu that would solve everything, but Kubo almost totally deconstructed it brilliantly. Almost.

Just one problem. He let Hitsu live. Killing off Hitsu would've spoken volumnes. The messgae would've hit like a sledge-hammer. The only reason Hitsu lived was because in the end he caved to popular demand and ended up losing to the very thing he tried to beat. It's pathetic.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-20, 17:16   Link #382
Waking_Dreamer
Dreamer King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
The manga was written by Kubo he should let Oh Great! write it and he can just illustrate it, actually Oh Great! is better at illustrations.
Hell yea, Kubo doesnt even compare to Oh Great in drawing skills, now way can he ever best him!

Last edited by Waking_Dreamer; 2009-08-20 at 18:27.
Waking_Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-20, 19:20   Link #383
Gin
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post

It was brilliant the way Aizen and Gin completely made Hitsu look like a fool. I was duped into thinking that Kubo had created a Gary Stu that would solve everything, but Kubo almost totally deconstructed it brilliantly. Almost.

Just one problem. He let Hitsu live. Killing off Hitsu would've spoken volumnes. The messgae would've hit like a sledge-hammer. The only reason Hitsu lived was because in the end he caved to popular demand and ended up losing to the very thing he tried to beat. It's pathetic.
I completely agree.
Old 2009-08-20, 19:22   Link #384
Vorhamus
I N C O N C I E V A B L E

Good guys should die too.

'Evil' is always defeated, defeated and defeated again and again... I know this is shonen, but hell, in all shonen I've read before at least ONE unimportant good guy dies.
Vorhamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-21, 03:01   Link #385
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
^ So far, the most important one who died is Kaien.
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-21, 03:22   Link #386
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Another part that went wrong in bleach, although it's from the anime, is the poor music selection for the KT arc...it used to be much better, I was watching some old episodes and was like "where did all of this go?".
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-21, 03:45   Link #387
kamyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by roriconfan View Post
^ So far, the most important one who died is Kaien.
and even that was just a flashback death.
even in the safest stories, the past is usually filled with death. if you want to live, live in the present i guess.
Old 2009-08-21, 03:52   Link #388
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

The good guys are never in any real danger, thats why Hitsugaya, half dead Ichigo and Renji went up against Aizen. They knew even if they die someone WILL heal them.

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-21, 04:04   Link #389
roriconfan
Banned

Flashback deaths are a half baked excuse to show that death does exist for the good guys. Too bad it only means death "existed" since in the present it is only the baddies who kick the bucket. In One Piece, not even the baddies die. In Dragonball Z death has no meaning as you can train even dead and return to life easily. Naruto is somewhat the best in this issue as it does kill several characters. Well, not as many as it should and not any more. Neji, Chouji, Gaara survived without a reason and that mass ressurection ruined everything for me. Now all shounen are shit in my eyes for this simple reason. Although I still prefer One Piece for other reasons.

Ah, Hokuto no ken. If someone died there, he stayed dead. And most did actually. That was a series!
Old 2009-08-23, 03:13   Link #390
nczhivago

think the biggest problem he has is really introducing some sort of twist with a particular secondary character and then just leave them sitting there for a while
nczhivago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-23, 15:17   Link #391
Pretty_Shota155
Just a Pretty Shota...

I was fan of this anime/manga but only one picture it ruined it all, the ressurection of Ichigo.(Well, there was some other things too but after this i couldn't read the manga or see the anime)

Can't it be a little bit realistic at least in death?
Pretty_Shota155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-23, 20:21   Link #392
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post

I agree with this statement completely.
Old 2009-08-23, 20:25   Link #393
Gin
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin View Post
I completely agree.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
I agree with this statement completely.
Old 2009-08-23, 20:40   Link #394
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin View Post
Sorry.
Old 2009-08-23, 22:20   Link #395
Crusader

Send a message via MSN to Crusader
The problem with bleach now, is that there are way too many characters that contribute very little to the story, and most people hardly care about those characters on top of that. Now the villians have a some wins, but in the end they are all slaughtered with the "Heroes" Barely taking any loss. Some minor damage they will heal from and thats about it. That gets boring after a while.

In this tough economy, Kubo should probably do some cost cutting starting with the characters who are taking up space and the ones who do very little. Terminate over half the cast and there are still too many people. Give several SS people thier pink slip and move on. He could probably stand to give some of the main cast a pink slip. lol kidding or am I?
Old 2009-08-24, 01:11   Link #396
kamyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretty_Shota155 View Post
I was fan of this anime/manga but only one picture it ruined it all, the ressurection of Ichigo.(Well, there was some other things too but after this i couldn't read the manga or see the anime)

Can't it be a little bit realistic at least in death?
which one? lol
he was completely dead at least twice now and left for dead (but not quite) even more.
Old 2009-08-24, 03:05   Link #397
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Give several SS people thier pink slip and move on. He could probably stand to give some of the main cast a pink slip. lol kidding or am I?
SS got 13 squads, that's 26 main members -2 (Chojiro,Rukia) +3 (Ikkaku/Yumichika/Hanatarou) so 28 members only from the SS side. Add vizards, Urahara shop and Nel's trio, and you got a wooping 40+ side characters compared to the measly 5 main characters of Ichigo+school friends. SS should be hit by a meteor or something!
Well,maybe not a meteor, but Yumichika could have died using a bankai the wrong way and blasting himself along with the enemy, Rangiku could just die, she got rly hurt there, Momo could have gone insane and MIA, Omaeda could have perished at the hands of Ggio Vega,etc,etc...
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-24, 03:12   Link #398
roriconfan
Banned

I see all of us agree that we don't like the shonen casts to be treated as MMORPG characters: They respawn and have no personalities.
Old 2009-08-24, 05:07   Link #399
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Everything..
The Lengths of the battles..
Good Guys Never Die..
And What makes Hollow's so Evil there only eating for survival
Old 2009-08-24, 05:20   Link #400
roriconfan
Banned

Let's add to that the fact that the SS leadership is rotten to the bone, yet the only thing everyone is trying to solve is killing all those who oppose it. I mean, the Bounto were adused and tried to fight back. What did the captains do? They killed them and didn't even pay attention to the fact that it were their leaders who are at fault. So was it with everyone else who opposed the status quo.

Well, excuse me for saying that the captains are fashists and tyrants, maintaining an unjust order.