AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-10-03, 15:04   Link #4001
Tenzen12

Yep I am minority here. But that doesn't realy metter.

Actualy there were times I too were shipping Hachi x Yuki (well more like it was prefered choice of two) but eventualy as their relationship progressed I realised, they don't have so much common it looked on first sight and as their were getting development even being loner, thing that was bonding them most, stopped to be legit part of their character.

Thing that is connecting them most, are their issues, but they are gradualy solving these and becoming different people.

PS:Of course I do read same story as most of you, it's just I don't think even Watari always choose best way to work with characters he created--> Yuki x Hachi is bad choice.

Last edited by Tenzen12; 2014-10-03 at 15:16.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-03, 15:11   Link #4002
johny_dmonic

Quote:
Originally Posted by encoreAC View Post
Who cares what NTR means? Just screw this Yukino and Hayama thing, so stupid lol
Maybe it was Hayama that was the cause of Yukino's problem during middle school. Maybe Hayama liked Yukino then that caused all the girls from their middle school to hate her XD
johny_dmonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-03, 15:16   Link #4003
casgoldsmith

yukino loves hachiman?
Old 2014-10-03, 15:18   Link #4004
Tenzen12

She probably doesn't so far, but it looks break point might be close.
Old 2014-10-03, 15:19   Link #4005
casgoldsmith

It's impossible not fall in love by Hachiman
He's so cool
Old 2014-10-03, 15:22   Link #4006
Tenzen12

Ebina, Haruno, Yumiko and several others were able not to.
Old 2014-10-03, 15:27   Link #4007
Excorsism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post

Actualy there were times I too were shipping Hachi x Yuki (well more like it was prefered choice of two) but eventualy as their relationship progressed I realised, they don't have so much common it looked on first sight and as their were getting development even being loner, thing that was bonding them most, stopped to be legit part of their character.

Thing that is connecting them most, are their issues, but they are gradualy solving these and becoming different people.

PS:Of course I do read same story as most of you, it's just I don't think even Watari always choose best way to work with characters he created--> Yuki x Hachi is bad choice.
He's the writer, not you. You should be analyzing the characters and story based on the rules he laid down, not your own. Otherwise, you're just telling me "he's not writing these characters right because I don't agree with how he's doing it and I have a better way to write them".

I still have yet to see a convincing argument from you as to why Hachiman and Yukino is a bad (not disagreeable) pairing. I may be a Yukino shipper, but I'm not turning a blind eye to a Hachiman and Yui either. Heck, I'd be okay with a teacher end had the story went in the direction.
Old 2014-10-03, 15:29   Link #4008
encoreAC

Quote:

That's the point I am looking forward the most!
As long they have these issues, their relationship will be burdened by it. Bonding between 2 loners with issues? That idea doesn't really appeal to me and it's not my idea of an healthy relationship. It's a pretty bad standing ground for an lasting relationship imo.

I would rather have them overcome their issues and basically "grow up". As I see them now they are still brats, who are unable accept affection of people.
Part of growing up is the search for your identity, in which emotional growth should happen.
Yukino as well as Hachiman have to lessen their invisible barrier, which makes creating bonds and lasting relationships impossible right now.

What separates Hachiman and Yukino from any other characters is the deep appreciation and desire of "genuine relationships". With this, there can be trust and I really wish them to go out of their comfort zone, which is also an essential part of growing up.

That's a huge part of the reason why I read this LN, to see characters kinda "evolve" and develop genuine relationships. A thing, which is also very hard to accomplish in our everyday lifes and a life goal of many people.

edit: that's only describing only my enjoyment with the LN.
If you are seeing this differently I am hugely glad to accept that, because everyone is thinking differently and a different opinions makes discussion interesting.

Last edited by encoreAC; 2014-10-03 at 15:40.
encoreAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-03, 15:35   Link #4009
Tenzen12

I agree with this, but I don't think it's possible into degree to create harmonic romantic and lasting relationship. ... Unless whole new layout is putten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excorsism View Post
He's the writer, not you. You should be analyzing the characters and story based on the rules he laid down, not your own. Otherwise, you're just telling me "he's not writing these characters right because I don't agree with how he's doing it and I have a better way to write them".

I still have yet to see a convincing argument from you as to why Hachiman and Yukino is a bad (not disagreeable) pairing. I may be a Yukino shipper, but I'm not turning a blind eye to a Hachiman and Yui either. Heck, I'd be okay with a teacher end had the story went in the direction.
Yeah that's what I do, analyzing the characters and story based on the rulles Watari laid down. And I do think he write character well, point is that means they also do wrong choices and if story end with two not exactly compatibile characters getting together, that's it.

Last edited by Tenzen12; 2014-10-03 at 15:46.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-03, 15:38   Link #4010
Excorsism

Quote:
Yeah that's what I do, analyzing the characters and story based on the rulles Watari laid down. And I do think he write character well, point is that means they also do wrong choices and if story end with two not exactly compatibile characters, that's it.
I'd love to hear your thoughts on what makes a couple compatible, that is, within the context and development of the story and characters thus far. This includes the bonus track in volume 6.5.

Last edited by Excorsism; 2014-10-03 at 15:49.
Excorsism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-03, 15:39   Link #4011
encoreAC

Quote:
Yeah that's what I do, analyzing the characters and story based on the rulles Watari laid down. And I do think he write character well, point is that means they also do wrong choices and if story end with two not exactly compatibile characters, that's it.
Yeah I think it's really cool for you to do that, because we are all reading for enjoyment and not expecting to learn the truth about life or something like that haha, so as long you enjoy it more by having your way of view, why not?
encoreAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-03, 15:43   Link #4012
casgoldsmith

Yukino x Hachi isn't compatible
Old 2014-10-03, 15:46   Link #4013
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excorsism View Post
I'd love to hear your thoughts on what makes a couple compatible, that is, within the context and development of the story and characters thus far. This includes the bonus track in volume 6.5.
Common ground, ability support each other, trust without regard of circumistances. For Hachiman and Yukino their "common ground" are goals set by circumistances. They make great team when solving issues of other people, but you don't see support each other automaticaly in daily life and most of their out-of-club interaction wouldn't happen if not instigated by Yui in first place.

Out of curiosity, how do you imagine Hachiman x Yukino relationship 5 years from now?
Old 2014-10-03, 16:01   Link #4014
Excorsism

Quote:
Common ground, ability support each other, trust without regard of circumistances. For Hachiman and Yukino their "common ground" are goals set by circumistances. They make great team when solving issues of other people, but you don't see support each other automaticaly in daily life and most of their out-of-club interaction wouldn't happen if not instigated by Yui in first place.

Out of curiosity, how do you imagine Hachiman x Yukino relationship 5 years from now?
You do realize they're both loners right? Of course they're not going to go out of their way to interact with each other especially Hachiman who is aware of his position in the school. Also, just so you know, Yukino's the one who got them to go shopping for Christmas presents and so forth in the bonus track of 6.5, not Yui.

Volume 9 was all about building that underlying trust between Yukino and Hachiman. There's a reason why she opened up to Hachiman at the amusement park and even asked him to help her one day.

Their "common ground" was the car accident. That was resolved in volume 6. From that point on, it was them getting to know each other more, hence their eventual conflict in volume 7-9.

As for the last question,

Five years? Well, on the assumption they get together at the end of the series, all issues resolved, their feelings completely known to each other, they graduate college, Hachiman either gets to live his full-time house husband dream or becomes a corporate slave while Yukino follows her father's footsteps as a politician, get married, have a family with Hachiman 2.0 and Komachi 2.0, etc.

This can apply to Yui except her doing some other kind of job.

Or they all end up as close friends and get married to other people.

The point is, she isn't any less compatible with Hachiman than the other girls are with him.
Old 2014-10-03, 16:02   Link #4015
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

Quote:
  • Common ground
  • ability support each other,
  • trust without regard of circumistances.
1. They have it, they come from similar backgrounds and their thought process is alike, that's why they work well together.
2. They also have it, especially now that both want "genuine" relantionships and Yukinon trusts him enough to ask for his help.
3. See point 2, and that trust goes back to glimpses on volume 1 even, and that's not all, she even believed him a lot more capable than he actually is, holding admiration even, that's part of the foundation of trust.
I'm not saying they're already ready for a lasting relationship, but they both have the foundations to at least try, and they're definitely compatible with each other.

Last edited by SuitUp; 2014-10-03 at 16:30.
SuitUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-03, 21:12   Link #4016
Exlaminis

So, who ships whom on this thread? Any supporters with Ebina on Haya x Hachi?
I do wonder how Yukino will 'break it' to Yui if she does fall in love with Hachiman. Can't leave one part of a trio out.
Exlaminis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-03, 22:53   Link #4017
Heat066

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exlaminis View Post
So, who ships whom on this thread? Any supporters with Ebina on Haya x Hachi?
I do wonder how Yukino will 'break it' to Yui if she does fall in love with Hachiman. Can't leave one part of a trio out.
Just go to Pixiv, that's all I'm going to say...
Old 2014-10-03, 23:21   Link #4018
Nagakun
The One who Peek

As a writer, it their own rules as to how they wish to write the story out; so unless you are writing the story, we wouldn't have any saying (=x= ||)

As for Hayama, I will point my view on him is that he is someone who like to play the nice guy while Hachiman dare to be the bad guy. Why Hayama couldn't agree with Hachiman a lot of times was due to a few reasons, but Hayama want be the nice guy where all like them, agree with him and yet can be friend with all.

But it tend to backfired on him which hachiman was able to easy solve them without much trying. One example would be Hayama's 3 close male friends.

Hayama may also regret that he didn't help to defend Yukino at that time cos he afraid he will be on the 'bad' side of there majority if he want to talk to Yukino or even help her.

Hachiman use simple yet effective ways to solve problem, but the price is that he get bad reputation, which he doesn't care except for those who know him well..
Old 2014-10-04, 09:15   Link #4019
SomeChineseGuy
Lazy Blanket Cat

In other news: weekly Pixiv Yukino

http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.p...st_id=46334447

and
Spoiler for spoiler:
SomeChineseGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-04, 15:58   Link #4020
konokon
Banned

MY YOUTH ROMANTIC COMEDY IS WRONG AS I EXPECTED

Fanfiction a way of wish Fulfillment . hmm . A Number a way of Wish Fulfillment
fanfiction : number : a way to satisfy your feelings and emotions . Good

HAYAMA HAYATO : Belong to Upper Class Higher Status . Well Qualified In Any Way .
Popular able to maintain relations family friend of Yukinoshita Family Business Cooperation

HAYAMA as Groom is Highly encouraged and promoted By Society Hayama . Human Society become all Important when Marriage is talked about .

You can say Japan is Open Society and a Developed Nation still In Asia Most Marriages are Arranged Marriages .

ASSUME : Hikigaya Hachiman And Yukinoshita Yukino Marriage : Anyone Really Think People will openly accept it ? Everyone will make remarks comments and people really like to Talk Bad about others make gossip and there are many who are always Against Political Wealthy Families . Society matters It matters a lot

Hayama Hayato is at good advantage .

Watari Wataru Has Made Everything Clear in Bonus Track 6.5 : KOMACHI words Komachi Acts Confirm
It is Yuigahama Yui Chan and Yukinoshita Yukino Chan . 6.5 Bonus Track is latest and show development and Point made by Watari Wataru and last scene at the road Watari Wataru has given all Indications and signals .

I am many others and especially WATARI WATARU always is With Hikigaya Hachiman Yukinoshita Yukino Chan
You can feel bad for Yuigahama Yui Chan

YUKINOSHITA YUKINO : Stand For Justice talk directly Honest Right Strong Believe In Truth Good Observation Good Deduction Sharp Intelligence Quick Decision Making

As stated by Hikigaya Hachiman Yukinoshita Yukino Chan can become JUDGE or PROSECUTOR
Though PROSECUTOR was made as a Teasing Comment

Yukinoshita Yukino Chan Not Like crowd not like to stand Like to stand above everyone .

POLITICIAN : is way too much isn't it? Politics not Suit Yukinoshita Yukino Chan

IS Virtual World Really Reading The same Light Novel

Actually I thought Hikigaya Hachiman joining Politics as Hikigaya can deal with things and use ANY METHOD required to get the Result . Hikigaya Hachiman can do well in Politics
why? Politics ? Hikigaya Hachiman Love for CHIBA . Hikigaya may even join some job Under Current Chiba Assembly or who knows assistant of MR. YUKINOSHITA

Hikigaya Hachiman Political Monologue will be quite interesting when every 2 month a politician come and cry in front of whole media . political Humour Needed

All above is Just a Thought a random thought flying thought an Assumption A small possibility . It all

Last edited by konokon; 2014-10-07 at 06:45.
konokon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
club, comedy, delayed release date, dramedy, fake harem, gagaga bunko, harem, hinedere, kuuderes, philosophy, romance, school life, slice of life, social psychology, train wreck