AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2010-10-31, 22:45   Link #4001
KrimzonStriker

I'm still not sure that I'd be willing to go that far, only to the point where the New Councils extremist and paranoid attitude is probably working well to Grimoire Hearts advantage, and that's really all I'm willing to commit too on the matter.
Old 2010-10-31, 23:17   Link #4002
alu546
y prime

Send a message via AIM to alu546
It's pretty bad for grimoire heart to be attacking with maryjane and gildartz(probably) still on the island if you think about it, then with the master.
alu546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-01, 02:22   Link #4003
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by alu546 View Post
It's pretty bad for grimoire heart to be attacking with maryjane and gildartz(probably) still on the island if you think about it, then with the master.
We're talking about a guild whom had previously infiltrated the Mage Council, have a deeper knowledge about the Fairy Tail guild compared to any other outsider ( thanks to Urtear and Jellal ), manipulated the hell out of Jellal, a Ten Great Wizard level mage, treating him as nothing more than a disposable pawn/distractionary plan and is currently in pursuit of Zeref, highly implied to be the most powerful and dangerous mage in existence.

I dunno man. If anything, they should be beating the shit out of Fairy Tail.

Not to mention, why bother saying that Gildarts/Fried/Bixlow ( 3 very powerful mages with semi-broken powers ) had left the island if they're going to potentially be involved in the coming fight? Chances are, they won't, which would make Fairy Tail's defeat ( assuming they lose ) to not be entirely a job-fest.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-01, 03:06   Link #4004
Sprite_Coke

Send a message via AIM to Sprite_Coke
^ I don't know what the discussion is on, but just gonna pick points.
Jellal wasn't one of the ten holy wizards at the beginning of Ultear's manipulation... In fact, he didn't even have magic until then.
And shounen genre would say Fairy Tail ends up victorious, just saying...
Old 2010-11-01, 03:12   Link #4005
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Eventually victorious.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-01, 03:47   Link #4006
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprite_Coke View Post
Jellal wasn't one of the ten holy wizards at the beginning of Ultear's manipulation... In fact, he didn't even have magic until then.
What I meant was that despite growing up to be a very influential and powerful mage, his only value to Grimoire Heart was ultimately just a disposable pawn with little value.

That should speak volumes of how powerful they should be.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-01, 03:55   Link #4007
Albafica
Pisces no saint

3 good chapters! But it's too fast to read these!

Ah it's good to see Ultear back. I really want to see Jellal back too, so he can fight the one who manipulate him. It would be an epic fight... maybe.
Or maybe we will see Jellal back at the next arc.

So... Zeref already! Interesting!

The Erza x Mira x Gildartz colo is awesome. Mira is really cute!
Old 2010-11-01, 04:04   Link #4008
alu546
y prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
We're talking about a guild whom had previously infiltrated the Mage Council, have a deeper knowledge about the Fairy Tail guild compared to any other outsider ( thanks to Urtear and Jellal ), manipulated the hell out of Jellal, a Ten Great Wizard level mage, treating him as nothing more than a disposable pawn/distractionary plan and is currently in pursuit of Zeref, highly implied to be the most powerful and dangerous mage in existence.

I dunno man. If anything, they should be beating the shit out of Fairy Tail.

Not to mention, why bother saying that Gildarts/Fried/Bixlow ( 3 very powerful mages with semi-broken powers ) had left the island if they're going to potentially be involved in the coming fight? Chances are, they won't, which would make Fairy Tail's defeat ( assuming they lose ) to not be entirely a job-fest.
I saw Fried and Bixlow had left, but i forgot it mentioned gildartz too. Still though, im counting up to 8 (including mest) being dark gilders, with zeref as a wild card.

Against

Natsu, Master, Wendy, Kana, Lucy, Lissana, Juvia, Erza, Maryjane, Evergreen, Elfman, Gray, Lucy, whathername, and whatshernames dragon slayer partner.

Im sure something unexpected happens, but even without gildartz, freid, and bixlow, they dont look like the brightest bulbs in the sky from an outsiders perspective.

Not to mention they are attacking, not defending.
Old 2010-11-01, 07:38   Link #4009
blewin

hang on... I thought Zeref is a dragon? or is he a demon? the being that Jellal tried to resurrect before?

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-01, 07:44   Link #4010
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Zeref is supposed to be the Greatest Black Mage in history, and was responsible for creating Lullaby and Deloria. He was also theoretically responsible for what happened with Jellal, which just turned out to be Ultear. They never said anything about him being anything other then human, but he is probably worse then any demon as far as most people are concerned.
Old 2010-11-01, 10:19   Link #4011
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Not to mention they are attacking, not defending.
Attacking has just as many advantages as defending, seizing the initiative, surprise, dictating your opponents movements, and getting into the proper setup before you strike. If only for the sack of future plot points that sets up Zeref's return as the big bad, I believe Grimoire Heart will win ultimately win this battle, strategically I mean.
Old 2010-11-01, 12:10   Link #4012
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
Attacking has just as many advantages as defending, seizing the initiative, surprise, dictating your opponents movements, and getting into the proper setup before you strike. If only for the sack of future plot points that sets up Zeref's return as the big bad, I believe Grimoire Heart will win ultimately win this battle, strategically I mean.
Yeah, people don't seem to realize that GH doesn't need to destroy every FT wizard on the island to win. They just need to recover Zeref, who only a few people on the island know is there, and probably no one recognizes his significance.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-01, 16:20   Link #4013
Isekaijin

Zeref seemed like a nice enough guy to me. When you search for your destruction knowing your existence only brings grief to other living beings, you're not a bad guy in my books.

But knowing how how Ultear is and how the rest of her dark guild might be... They could easily turn him into the big bad of the series.

Also ElfmanxEvergreen lol. Poor Mira.
Isekaijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-01, 16:32   Link #4014
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Well, maybe the baby won't be grotesque. Or, looking at the bright side, if he or she is, that'll only mean more motivation to learn the family transformation magic.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-01, 20:35   Link #4015
alu546
y prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isekaijin View Post
Zeref seemed like a nice enough guy to me. When you search for your destruction knowing your existence only brings grief to other living beings, you're not a bad guy in my books.

But knowing how how Ultear is and how the rest of her dark guild might be... They could easily turn him into the big bad of the series.

Also ElfmanxEvergreen lol. Poor Mira.
"I dont want to even kill anyone else."

In a way, it implies that he may have had a darker side at one point. To me, it looks like a simple case of someone who sought far more power than he could handle. He doesnt look like that bad a guy right now, but he probably once was.

I am thinking there might be a good chance that they are going to bring out his darker side. Ultear said he had been sleeping, so he might not be himself right now.

For some reason, I am getting the feeling that wendy might be the only one who can approach him right now. Otherwise, the reason all these dark guilds know exactly who she is escapes me.
Old 2010-11-01, 20:54   Link #4016
secretzfan
*Fansubber

I just finished all those chapters it looked so awesome I am interested in the black mage Zerf
Old 2010-11-02, 01:58   Link #4017
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
And shounen genre would say Fairy Tail ends up victorious, just saying...
I'd say there's still a good chance of people actually dying in Fairy Tail, there's already been Ur, Rob, Simon and an entire village, and there's already a death flag on someone for this arc.

Q: After watching this week's episode, Natsu's expression at the end makes it seem like he knows Wendy from somewhere, but I don't remember it being answered in the manga. Am I forgetting something?

Last edited by Kafriel; 2010-11-02 at 03:23.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-02, 05:10   Link #4018
Xhokhusmak

method to combat the pulsating ball of death from the strongest mage in history:

GET DOOOWN!!!!
Xhokhusmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-02, 07:14   Link #4019
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xhokhusmak View Post
method to combat the pulsating ball of death from the strongest mage in history:

GET DOOOWN!!!!
natsu possibly has unconscious knowledge of the ability and it;s weaknesses
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-02, 07:37   Link #4020
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Nah, it's just that the lesson Gildartz taught him is still fresh in his mind, otherwise he'd jump right in without a care in the world.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen