Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2015-01-05, 03:24   Link #4041
kampfer91
Master Eugenist

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDF2050 View Post
Any news about when is going to be release for the BD/DVD?
July this year

It is the rule , always 6 months after the theatrical release .

Btw , this week is the final week the Last will be shown on Cinema .
kampfer91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-05, 03:50   Link #4042
fuff

okay getting a bit lost in the info so whats coming up for naruto is:
-the novels
-the short sequeals (manga)
-bolt movie
-is the "rest" thing/manga coming?
anything else im missing?!

also when is the final volume being released in japan? (im assuming the english one is still pretty far from the current volumes so that could be awhile)
fuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-05, 03:53   Link #4043
kampfer91
Master Eugenist

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuff View Post
okay getting a bit lost in the info so whats coming up for naruto is:
-the novels
-the short sequels (manga)
-bolt movie
-is the "rest" thing/manga coming?
anything else im missing?!

also when is the final volume being released in japan? (im assuming the english one is still pretty far from the current volumes so that could be awhile)
And another filler act for the anime .

Haven't seen the last volume for the manga in Japan here , according to one of my friend , it should come out in January or February , may be a bit late , and it may have extra chapters .
Old 2015-01-05, 03:53   Link #4044
730flare

Quote:
Originally Posted by kampfer91 View Post
July this year

It is the rule , always 6 months after the theatrical release .

Btw , this week is the final week the Last will be shown on Cinema .
Now the main concern is: Is it still doing well in the box office AND if it surpassed RtN in performing at the box office.
730flare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-05, 04:14   Link #4045
kampfer91
Master Eugenist

Quote:
Originally Posted by 730flare View Post
Now the main concern is: Is it still doing well in the box office AND if it surpassed RtN in performing at the box office.
No information till next week sadly . But it already outsold RtN for sure
Old 2015-01-05, 04:17   Link #4046
fuff

Quote:
And another filler act for the anime .

Haven't seen the last volume for the manga in Japan here , according to one of my friend , it should come out in January or February , may be a bit late , and it may have extra chapters .
is the "the rest" one of the 3 shorts that were coming this spring? or is that an addition to the 3?!
fuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-05, 04:43   Link #4047
kampfer91
Master Eugenist

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuff View Post
is the "the rest" one of the 3 shorts that were coming this spring? or is that an addition to the 3?!
I think the Rest is also including in the sequel manga . I can't be sure about it , there is little information about it , though the sequel is mainly about the children , but Kishimoto wants to explain about other couple , SS fan in Japan is dying to know how Sasuke and Sakura got married .
Old 2015-01-05, 05:52   Link #4048
Ultragunner

I hope there will be more ShikaTenma , anyone with me?
Old 2015-01-05, 05:59   Link #4049
kampfer91
Master Eugenist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
I hope there will be more ShikaTenma , anyone with me?
Love to see how Tenma deals with her son and her husband , after all , a strong woman is needed to take care of the Nara , Shikamaru 's dad also fear his wife
Old 2015-01-05, 06:10   Link #4050
Ultragunner

for all the complaints we have had with Kishi in regard to how he handles romance in Naruto, somehow ShikaTema just works, it just does. Now I think about it, Temari is a terrific character (just like her husband ), she is strong-willed and independent, but not to the level of violence like Sakurai LMAO. She's also very smart and level-headed. She's definitely my favourite (after Hingham of course )

See Kishi? Potraying a good female character is not that hard
Old 2015-01-05, 06:44   Link #4051
730flare

Is it ok to admit ShikaTema is actually my 2nd favorite ship in Naruto? I was never into the whole SasuSaku thing so I was merely going "meh whatever" when they became canon. In contrast to the "oh yeah!" reaction for Shikatema and "YES! Hallelujah!" reaction for NaruHina.
Old 2015-01-05, 08:07   Link #4052
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

Let's have some rewind, guys. What's your first reaction when you found out that NaruHina is canon?
Old 2015-01-05, 08:57   Link #4053
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle's Nest View Post
Let's have some rewind, guys. What's your first reaction when you found out that NaruHina is canon?
We...have won...*raises fist*
Old 2015-01-05, 09:07   Link #4054
730flare

Quote:
Well at first when I saw the pics of Boruto and Himawari, I was wary at first since they could be fake, so I stayed clear off anything Naruto-related for the time being as to not get my hopes up. Then Chapter 700 was released and I saw the children and I was freaking ECSTATIC!

Now I'm a shipper by heart regardless of the genre so I've had my fair share of ships that became canon (too many to list) and those that didn't (Harry/Luna) throughout anime, manga, literature, video games, etc. however I don't remember ever being as happy as I was with NaruHina. NaruHina is a ship that I have a very special place in my heart for, having shipped them for almost 8-10 years.

Ironically I actually started out as a NaruSaku shipper since I thought it was the obvious choice with the whole main character syndrome, even if I had no emotional connection to Sakura whatsoever. I just thought it was the safest and the most inevitable choice so I "shipped" it for the sake of shipping something.

Even when Hinata was introduced, I merely ignored her but still found her crush on Naruto adorable. It wasn't until I re-watched their interactions together and saw some of the cute filler episodes they had that made me connect to Hinata's character even more and how she and Naruto had this connection between them that went beyond Naruto's comedic antics with Sakura, and I thought to myself "Forget Sakura, I want Naruto to be with Hinata! Look at how sweet they are together!"

And although I briefly found myself shifting back to NaruSaku when Part II started and seeing their interactions, when Hinata was re-introduced, it only reminded me of what ship I really wanted to sail. Even more so after her confession, to the point I found anything that suggests NaruSaku an eyesore and practically went "Booyah! In yo face!" when Naruto rejected her fake confession. Then there was also my increasing dislike for Sakura which only made me root for Hinata more.

Another reason I'm happy for NaruHina is that it means two characters I've always liked since childhood (even if Naruto had his moments that made me face-palm and how he was getting too powerful, I still liked him miles over Sasuke character-wise) have finally found true happiness with one another.

Naruto, after a shitty childhood full of hate found love in someone who loved him and cared about him from the start back when he was a loser, someone who'd love and cherish him everyday and would do anything to protect him even at the risk of her own life. And Hinata, after spending the early parts of her life thinking she was weak or useless finally fulfilled her life-long dream of walking alongside the boy whose smile, willpower and determination inspired her to become stronger and confident with herself, which led her out of the darkness and into a brighter future for herself.

So tl dr; NaruHina was canonized, I'm freaking happy about it. I'm freaking happy that all the fluffy and sometimes smutty fics/fanarts/headcanon I read/view/imagine is now canon, which makes reading/viewing/imagining those things all the sweeter. It's been almost two months now and I have yet to shut up about it! So yeah, NaruHina ftw!
Old 2015-01-05, 10:52   Link #4055
Avalon64
Searcher of Paradise!

Quote:
W
In change of a topic, from according to this link: https://twitter.com/chikuwabuno/stat...74787945127936 the CD for Hinata's Character song sold out. Wow, goes to show the power Hinata/Nana has lol.

And in the topic of video games, I remember reading that the demo of Revolution had codings for a Team Ultimate Jutsu between Hinata and Neji (though it never made it to the actual game). Wow, so Hinata ALMOST got the privilege of getting TWO Team Ultimate Jutsus when compared to the others rookies (save for the Ino-Shika-Cho trio) who didn't get any (well Neji almost got one), which includes her own teammates! XD

I also remembered that one of the team names you can get was Sasuke Retrieval Team, which is a team composed of a combination of Naruto, Shikamaru, Neji, Kiba and Choji. Since UNS4 has elements of the Last, wouldn't it be cool if a new team name is called Hanabi Rescue Team if you had a combination Naruto, Hinata, Sakura, Shikamaru and Sai.

And get this, just yesterday a friend of mine back in my home country said that Last Hinata figurines are in so much demand right now that when he tried buying one, he saw that they were all sold out yet the Last Naruto figures are still plentiful. And because of the high demand and low supply, the price of Hinata's figure goes up to a very high amount XD.

Hinata and Nana's rise to fame seem so eeriely similar...I know its all coincedience but it ultimately worked out for them seems so relatable

Heh glad I am not the only one who feels no one will forget Hinata's name, I was half expecting someone to tell me well people will remember Sakura too, and to an extent perhaps...I just feel years from now the future generations of fans would have heard of Hinata before they heard of Sakura, and much like DBZ (getting into the series from DBZ rather then DB) will learn about Naruto through the later material, and they wish to see how it all began so they pick up old issues of the manga half expecting Naruto and Hinata to be some battle couple from the start and then wonder huh? How come Hinata is barely in Part 1? Isn't she the main heroine? Lol

Yeah I heard that too that Neiji was originally supposed to get a team ultimate with Hinata but it was cut for time constraints or something, I now expect it to be them standing back to back and then releasing a 8 Trigrams 64 Palms from opposite ends of the opponents...sooooo 16 Trigrams and 128 Palms Combo? Lol

I also kinda want this joke Team Ultimate with Team 8, Kiba and Shino both want to announce the Team's attack and then start arguing over which one is leader, Hinata meanwhile rushes in alone and does her Lion's Fist 8 Trigrams and accidentally launches the opponent INTO Kiba and Shino...Hinata is apologizing profusely and Kiba and shino both agree that looked uncool....low blow? Yeah maybe lol

Well the combo can't be just Hinata and Naruto they have their own personal title for themselves afterall...I half expect Sakura being put into a team with Naruto and Hinata you'll get a title like Matchmaker and Lovers

Heh where is your Home country if I may ask Flare? Also that's probably the storekeeper who probably never followed the series thinking okay so I should order more of the Naruto guy's cause its the name of the series and probably didn't order that many Hinata's thinking they'd be slow sellers...still is hilarious how fast they fly off the shelves though lol don't underestimate THAT girl why are people still doing so? Lol

Quote:
Why you 2 are so bloody silly sometime....
Spoiler for size:

One of the stuff from the Last i want to buy is the T-shirt , L size with NH pic on it , too bad they out of stock right on the 1st day....
and people still wanted Naruto with the girl he had nothing in common with Sakura, why? Hahaha even your silly hop arounds are relatable and cute NaruHina

Heh I considered getting a custom T Shirt that said NaruHina 4Eva! With the pic of them kissing next to the Moon, but I am inbeteen jobs so I held off on the idea for now...I will get one made one day however...

Also Kampfer if you had the systems and the means to, would you try out an Ultimate Ninja Game?

Quote:
Is it ok to admit ShikaTema is actually my 2nd favorite ship in Naruto? I was never into the whole SasuSaku thing so I was merely going "meh whatever" when they became canon. In contrast to the "oh yeah!" reaction for Shikatema and "YES! Hallelujah!" reaction for NaruHina.
Not mine! It's NaruHina...wait? I can't say NaruHina twice? How come?!! Sigh fine...actually for me its a tie for second ShikaTema and InoSai...see here's the thing, ShikaTema was SO obvious from the start...and so CONSIDERABLY stress free I mean where was the challenge in it? Shiho the girl that showed up once during the Pein arc? Yeah...no...so since the challenge of it happening was gone, I didn't react oh WOW SHIKATEMA IS CANON like I did NaruHina I was more...oh they DID hook up? That's nice...kinda expected though...

now at least InoSai, was REALLY subtle it was the kind of pairing that you stop and say...wait...were they even hinted together? You look back and realize...okay there WAS a hinting...huh...wow...I actually like this...i mean they were both never super developed characters so I could forgive Kishi making them a couple after one or two hints which there were...I mean it beats marrying a minor character SO minor you thought she was just some random chick that was made up to give a character a pairing (Kiba) or paired with NO hinting of how it happened whatsoever (ChoKarui) but that last one is Chouji and so I really don't care and I say well at least he didn't take anyone relevant or mattered to me

Quote:
Oooohhhh backstories are fun...well I been following the series for 15 years since I was 15 when the series started...and I ALWAYS was a NaruHina fan since she offered to let Naruto cheat off her test and covered up her reasoning by saying we ALL have to stick together (poor girl obviously wanted to say I want YOU to continue) I admit it wasn't easy being a NaruHina fan in part one given how little Hinata was in it due to Neiji QUICKLY writing her out (one reason I am not really broken about why he's dead like some people are...yeah I can hold grudges lol, but the ONLY one who can put his hands on Hinata-sama is Naruto!!!) i was like most fans, as cute as the anime was expanding on her I had to agree filler was non canon...though I thought it was super awesome finding out later, the Protection of the 8 Trigrams would become a canon move since it was included in many Naruto Ninja Storm Games for the PS2, (with support from Kishimoto agreeing to that as well) so I considered the 2 parter involving that semi canon even if the plot of the episode was LARGELY forgettable...seriously there were only 2 memorable scenes, and they BOTH involved Hinata lol

Part 2 from the start just kept dashing my hopes for NaruHina just forcing Naruto and Sakura together to find Sasuke, I didn't see the chemistry and I accepted that NaruSaku was not gonna happen...but I became worried for NaruHina's future since Hianta wasn't showing up a lot...then the Pein arc happened, the Confession happened and I became cemented I made the right choice...now the reason I am saying all this? It's cause I admit I wasn't the most hardcore fan reading the series, I tolerated reading it jsut to find the next NaruHina moment no matter how agonizing it was reading the hinting between NaruSaku...so you can imagine how it feels to be a super NaruHina fan and seeing the hints so spread FAR apart...they were like gold when you got to them though...and I savoured the moments...and I admit I had to put down the series multiple times to give myself a break, I'd wait for chapters to build before finding the strength to read again...like I read the Sasuke vs Itachi fight but then when we were given the DELIGHTFUL Sasuke and Team Taka adventures and the 5 KAge summit, I had to put the thing down cause I simply did NOT want to read about Sasuke ANGSTING for the majority of the time and felt this was a good example about how character popularity can bite you in the but because I did not feel Sasuke was interesting enough to hold an arc all by himself but knew his popularity meant his fans were eating this up...

I picked it up briefly to read the failed confession when my girlfriend told me about it lol, she told me that Sakura had confessed her feelings to Naruto and I was like WHAT?!! But Hinata just did!!! So I went to read it and then to my relief Naruto pointed out it was a lie, I pointed this out and said nothing to worry if Naruto REALLY wanted Sakura he wouldn't respond like that, she was like I dunno...(she's not a NaruSaku but she's a HUGE Sakura fan so unlike myself she never held the failed confession against her) I was so determined with sticking on my NaruHina ship...mostly because NAruSaku was just so TERRIBLE as a couple and they had so MUCH more screentime together (still something I roll my eyes at, the NAruSaku saying there were MORE NAruSaku times...)

So I read the part where Naruto trained at the Land of Clouds, read the Shinobi War arc, kinda had to deal with the pain of having to listen to my girlfirend go on and on about how Neiji was dead (he's her second favourite, Itachi was her first), I shrugged and went meh he'll come back...was OVERJOYED reading NaruHina Firebird that sucker...and kinda got annoyed how the villains kept changing hands so much was it Madara or Obitio?! Gawd make up your minds!!! Then I was like yes Hianta run to your man! Nooooo you fell...oh Sakura is giving Naruto CPR? Yeah whatever thanks you screen hogging harlot! you took the moment for Naruto's love interest just to remind us why you're still around (remember I am giving you how I FELT during the time I read all this lol) And then it happened, Infinite Tsukuyomi...they kinda mentioned it and then never brought it up for a long time but knew it had to happen...and a part of me cringed...seeing Hianta was one of the victims, I know there had to be MASS victims...but then I saw SAKURA managed to be saved and I rolled my eyes and after I was done the chapter went...well I have NO reason to continue reading

And thus began my longest hiatus, I simply did not care about what Sasuke was doing or how Sakura got Hundred Seal (STILL an asspull of a power up to REMIND us why the should NOT be the main heroine is supposed to be "important")...I was so fatigued by what I was reading I knew I would probably wait till the series was done before picking it up again, then it happened in November, I was in my local EB games and the salesgirl told me the series just ended, so I asked how did it end and she smiled and said oh I think you should find out

a little worried...I picked up where I left off and sure enough I didn't care about anything Sakura or Sasuke did...so Madara's not the final villain its Kaguya...a little random...okay...oh Sakura punched Kaguya once...want a cookie for that? Stupid shouldn't be here useless girl...Naruto and Sasuke are fighting with their new powers...which okay Naruto's Sage of the 6 Paths looked kinda cool the Rinnegan we saw before, so on Sasuke I didn't care...okay they seal her, battles won...and Sasuke is now attacking NAruto...sigh SORTA saw this coming...read through that and they tied, both lost arms and WHAT A surprise...Sasuke's immediately forgiven for helping to start a war...HOW nice...as you can imagine the ending wasn't shaping to anything spectacular for me...

Then I started reading Chapter 700...and totally missing Shino at first, I noticd that okay these kids must be the new gen of kids..Naruto's is how I expect NAruto's kid to look like afterall I felt either NaruHina happened (cause I don't think after that final I love you to Sasuke was NaruSaku gonna happen) or they could end it with the mother of said child never shown to leave it open afterall if Kishi made a choice on who the love interest was, he'd piss off the other right? Surely he'd want a nice safe conclusion for himself and...*turns to the graveyard scene...* h-h-holy...that's Hinata! Next to a girl!!! With Whisker marks too...jsut like...Naruto's...son...which means...WHICH MEANS!!! NARUHINA HAPPENED!!! AND...AND THEY HAD TWO KIDS!!! OH MY GAWD PRAISE TO KISHIMOTO! I mean okay wow...I KNEW NaruHina was going to happen despite the (what we know NOWas red herings) later NaruSaku hints but...wow...to actually read it...in front of my eyes...and what it MORE exciting was they had TWO kids over everyone else's one...which means they got REAL busy making up for their lost time they could of had and I was like you did it Naruto, you made the PERFECT choice, the only choice that was meant for you...which means...NaruHina was the LONGEST ship I EVER called which succeeded and NOT once did I ever fall off the horse about it...I was proud about that..so proud...so I went to read about the summary on NAruto on TVTropes seeing if I might have missed something and it said "and the Last NAruto the movie will detail how Naruto and Hinata fell in love..."

I was like wait...what? There's going to be another Naruto movie?!! Looked it up, saw the latest trailers saw how NaruHina they ALL were and went...huh...maybe if I saw this first maybe I coulda sat through the chapters of the manga knowing NaruHina was going to happen...oh well my next goal! I have to see this movie!!!!

Which...I have yet to do...lol

So how did I feel NaruHina became canon? A sense of completion as sad as the main story was ending, as sad that in the end Hinata while getting more important parts near the end of the story due to her MASSIVE popularity but sadly NEVER got the main heroine status I FELT she deserved (she SHOULD have been there during the Kaguya parts I mean if SAKURA was there, Hinata should have been there but that's how I feel) I at least took some pride that she was promoted to Main character during the story's run and with this movie she will become a Main Heroine herself officially when she seals the deal with Naruto and bears his kids...it was a long road to be sure...alot of ups and some downs...but I was proud that at least I didn't COMPLETELY give up on NAruto to be able to see NaruHina happen...

Which is why the NAruSaku's immediate response was just so disappointing, as much as I try to conduct myself as a good winner to be understanding for their loss...alot of the EXTREME NaruSaku are just showing me that I really can't sympathize for too many of them...it's sad, cause thinking about it, the NaruHina could have acted this way had we not gotten outcome (well I can speak for myself that I would not, I had ships that failed before, hated that but NEVER acted the way most of the extreme NaruSaku did) maybe its in my dreams...but I like to feel had the NaruHina fans lost out in the end there would be ALOT more mature fans about it that would have accepted it and went well I hate this, Hinata deserved better...but it is what it is, let's move onto something else...but I guess this is jsut me showing faith in my fellow NaruHina...in the end this faith rewarded us and we should be happy for it everyday we recall the long road that was Naruto...and the road Hinata had to walk to finally be by Naruto's side...

whew thanks for reading! Lol
Old 2015-01-05, 11:26   Link #4056
730flare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon64 View Post
Hinata and Nana's rise to fame seem so eeriely similar...I know its all coincedience but it ultimately worked out for them seems so relatable

Heh glad I am not the only one who feels no one will forget Hinata's name, I was half expecting someone to tell me well people will remember Sakura too, and to an extent perhaps...I just feel years from now the future generations of fans would have heard of Hinata before they heard of Sakura, and much like DBZ (getting into the series from DBZ rather then DB) will learn about Naruto through the later material, and they wish to see how it all began so they pick up old issues of the manga half expecting Naruto and Hinata to be some battle couple from the start and then wonder huh? How come Hinata is barely in Part 1? Isn't she the main heroine? Lol

Yeah I heard that too that Neiji was originally supposed to get a team ultimate with Hinata but it was cut for time constraints or something, I now expect it to be them standing back to back and then releasing a 8 Trigrams 64 Palms from opposite ends of the opponents...sooooo 16 Trigrams and 128 Palms Combo? Lol

I also kinda want this joke Team Ultimate with Team 8, Kiba and Shino both want to announce the Team's attack and then start arguing over which one is leader, Hinata meanwhile rushes in alone and does her Lion's Fist 8 Trigrams and accidentally launches the opponent INTO Kiba and Shino...Hinata is apologizing profusely and Kiba and shino both agree that looked uncool....low blow? Yeah maybe lol

Well the combo can't be just Hinata and Naruto they have their own personal title for themselves afterall...I half expect Sakura being put into a team with Naruto and Hinata you'll get a title like Matchmaker and Lovers

Heh where is your Home country if I may ask Flare? Also that's probably the storekeeper who probably never followed the series thinking okay so I should order more of the Naruto guy's cause its the name of the series and probably didn't order that many Hinata's thinking they'd be slow sellers...still is hilarious how fast they fly off the shelves though lol don't underestimate THAT girl why are people still doing so? Lol

and people still wanted Naruto with the girl he had nothing in common with Sakura, why? Hahaha even your silly hop arounds are relatable and cute NaruHina

Heh I considered getting a custom T Shirt that said NaruHina 4Eva! With the pic of them kissing next to the Moon, but I am inbeteen jobs so I held off on the idea for now...I will get one made one day however...

Also Kampfer if you had the systems and the means to, would you try out an Ultimate Ninja Game?

Not mine! It's NaruHina...wait? I can't say NaruHina twice? How come?!! Sigh fine...actually for me its a tie for second ShikaTema and InoSai...see here's the thing, ShikaTema was SO obvious from the start...and so CONSIDERABLY stress free I mean where was the challenge in it? Shiho the girl that showed up once during the Pein arc? Yeah...no...so since the challenge of it happening was gone, I didn't react oh WOW SHIKATEMA IS CANON like I did NaruHina I was more...oh they DID hook up? That's nice...kinda expected though...

now at least InoSai, was REALLY subtle it was the kind of pairing that you stop and say...wait...were they even hinted together? You look back and realize...okay there WAS a hinting...huh...wow...I actually like this...i mean they were both never super developed characters so I could forgive Kishi making them a couple after one or two hints which there were...I mean it beats marrying a minor character SO minor you thought she was just some random chick that was made up to give a character a pairing (Kiba) or paired with NO hinting of how it happened whatsoever (ChoKarui) but that last one is Chouji and so I really don't care and I say well at least he didn't take anyone relevant or mattered to me

Oooohhhh backstories are fun...well I been following the series for 15 years since I was 15 when the series started...and I ALWAYS was a NaruHina fan since she offered to let Naruto cheat off her test and covered up her reasoning by saying we ALL have to stick together (poor girl obviously wanted to say I want YOU to continue) I admit it wasn't easy being a NaruHina fan in part one given how little Hinata was in it due to Neiji QUICKLY writing her out (one reason I am not really broken about why he's dead like some people are...yeah I can hold grudges lol, but the ONLY one who can put his hands on Hinata-sama is Naruto!!!) i was like most fans, as cute as the anime was expanding on her I had to agree filler was non canon...though I thought it was super awesome finding out later, the Protection of the 8 Trigrams would become a canon move since it was included in many Naruto Ninja Storm Games for the PS2, (with support from Kishimoto agreeing to that as well) so I considered the 2 parter involving that semi canon even if the plot of the episode was LARGELY forgettable...seriously there were only 2 memorable scenes, and they BOTH involved Hinata lol

Part 2 from the start just kept dashing my hopes for NaruHina just forcing Naruto and Sakura together to find Sasuke, I didn't see the chemistry and I accepted that NaruSaku was not gonna happen...but I became worried for NaruHina's future since Hianta wasn't showing up a lot...then the Pein arc happened, the Confession happened and I became cemented I made the right choice...now the reason I am saying all this? It's cause I admit I wasn't the most hardcore fan reading the series, I tolerated reading it jsut to find the next NaruHina moment no matter how agonizing it was reading the hinting between NaruSaku...so you can imagine how it feels to be a super NaruHina fan and seeing the hints so spread FAR apart...they were like gold when you got to them though...and I savoured the moments...and I admit I had to put down the series multiple times to give myself a break, I'd wait for chapters to build before finding the strength to read again...like I read the Sasuke vs Itachi fight but then when we were given the DELIGHTFUL Sasuke and Team Taka adventures and the 5 KAge summit, I had to put the thing down cause I simply did NOT want to read about Sasuke ANGSTING for the majority of the time and felt this was a good example about how character popularity can bite you in the but because I did not feel Sasuke was interesting enough to hold an arc all by himself but knew his popularity meant his fans were eating this up...

I picked it up briefly to read the failed confession when my girlfriend told me about it lol, she told me that Sakura had confessed her feelings to Naruto and I was like WHAT?!! But Hinata just did!!! So I went to read it and then to my relief Naruto pointed out it was a lie, I pointed this out and said nothing to worry if Naruto REALLY wanted Sakura he wouldn't respond like that, she was like I dunno...(she's not a NaruSaku but she's a HUGE Sakura fan so unlike myself she never held the failed confession against her) I was so determined with sticking on my NaruHina ship...mostly because NAruSaku was just so TERRIBLE as a couple and they had so MUCH more screentime together (still something I roll my eyes at, the NAruSaku saying there were MORE NAruSaku times...)

So I read the part where Naruto trained at the Land of Clouds, read the Shinobi War arc, kinda had to deal with the pain of having to listen to my girlfirend go on and on about how Neiji was dead (he's her second favourite, Itachi was her first), I shrugged and went meh he'll come back...was OVERJOYED reading NaruHina Firebird that sucker...and kinda got annoyed how the villains kept changing hands so much was it Madara or Obitio?! Gawd make up your minds!!! Then I was like yes Hianta run to your man! Nooooo you fell...oh Sakura is giving Naruto CPR? Yeah whatever thanks you screen hogging harlot! you took the moment for Naruto's love interest just to remind us why you're still around (remember I am giving you how I FELT during the time I read all this lol) And then it happened, Infinite Tsukuyomi...they kinda mentioned it and then never brought it up for a long time but knew it had to happen...and a part of me cringed...seeing Hianta was one of the victims, I know there had to be MASS victims...but then I saw SAKURA managed to be saved and I rolled my eyes and after I was done the chapter went...well I have NO reason to continue reading

And thus began my longest hiatus, I simply did not care about what Sasuke was doing or how Sakura got Hundred Seal (STILL an asspull of a power up to REMIND us why the should NOT be the main heroine is supposed to be "important")...I was so fatigued by what I was reading I knew I would probably wait till the series was done before picking it up again, then it happened in November, I was in my local EB games and the salesgirl told me the series just ended, so I asked how did it end and she smiled and said oh I think you should find out

a little worried...I picked up where I left off and sure enough I didn't care about anything Sakura or Sasuke did...so Madara's not the final villain its Kaguya...a little random...okay...oh Sakura punched Kaguya once...want a cookie for that? Stupid shouldn't be here useless girl...Naruto and Sasuke are fighting with their new powers...which okay Naruto's Sage of the 6 Paths looked kinda cool the Rinnegan we saw before, so on Sasuke I didn't care...okay they seal her, battles won...and Sasuke is now attacking NAruto...sigh SORTA saw this coming...read through that and they tied, both lost arms and WHAT A surprise...Sasuke's immediately forgiven for helping to start a war...HOW nice...as you can imagine the ending wasn't shaping to anything spectacular for me...

Then I started reading Chapter 700...and totally missing Shino at first, I noticd that okay these kids must be the new gen of kids..Naruto's is how I expect NAruto's kid to look like afterall I felt either NaruHina happened (cause I don't think after that final I love you to Sasuke was NaruSaku gonna happen) or they could end it with the mother of said child never shown to leave it open afterall if Kishi made a choice on who the love interest was, he'd piss off the other right? Surely he'd want a nice safe conclusion for himself and...*turns to the graveyard scene...* h-h-holy...that's Hinata! Next to a girl!!! With Whisker marks too...jsut like...Naruto's...son...which means...WHICH MEANS!!! NARUHINA HAPPENED!!! AND...AND THEY HAD TWO KIDS!!! OH MY GAWD PRAISE TO KISHIMOTO! I mean okay wow...I KNEW NaruHina was going to happen despite the (what we know NOWas red herings) later NaruSaku hints but...wow...to actually read it...in front of my eyes...and what it MORE exciting was they had TWO kids over everyone else's one...which means they got REAL busy making up for their lost time they could of had and I was like you did it Naruto, you made the PERFECT choice, the only choice that was meant for you...which means...NaruHina was the LONGEST ship I EVER called which succeeded and NOT once did I ever fall off the horse about it...I was proud about that..so proud...so I went to read about the summary on NAruto on TVTropes seeing if I might have missed something and it said "and the Last NAruto the movie will detail how Naruto and Hinata fell in love..."

I was like wait...what? There's going to be another Naruto movie?!! Looked it up, saw the latest trailers saw how NaruHina they ALL were and went...huh...maybe if I saw this first maybe I coulda sat through the chapters of the manga knowing NaruHina was going to happen...oh well my next goal! I have to see this movie!!!!

Which...I have yet to do...lol

So how did I feel NaruHina became canon? A sense of completion as sad as the main story was ending, as sad that in the end Hinata while getting more important parts near the end of the story due to her MASSIVE popularity but sadly NEVER got the main heroine status I FELT she deserved (she SHOULD have been there during the Kaguya parts I mean if SAKURA was there, Hinata should have been there but that's how I feel) I at least took some pride that she was promoted to Main character during the story's run and with this movie she will become a Main Heroine herself officially when she seals the deal with Naruto and bears his kids...it was a long road to be sure...alot of ups and some downs...but I was proud that at least I didn't COMPLETELY give up on NAruto to be able to see NaruHina happen...

Which is why the NAruSaku's immediate response was just so disappointing, as much as I try to conduct myself as a good winner to be understanding for their loss...alot of the EXTREME NaruSaku are just showing me that I really can't sympathize for too many of them...it's sad, cause thinking about it, the NaruHina could have acted this way had we not gotten outcome (well I can speak for myself that I would not, I had ships that failed before, hated that but NEVER acted the way most of the extreme NaruSaku did) maybe its in my dreams...but I like to feel had the NaruHina fans lost out in the end there would be ALOT more mature fans about it that would have accepted it and went well I hate this, Hinata deserved better...but it is what it is, let's move onto something else...but I guess this is jsut me showing faith in my fellow NaruHina...in the end this faith rewarded us and we should be happy for it everyday we recall the long road that was Naruto...and the road Hinata had to walk to finally be by Naruto's side...

whew thanks for reading! Lol
Speaking of team names, I heard that the games sometimes have crack/funny titles right? It'd be funny to have team named "Uzumaki Lovers" if you pair up Hinata and Minato. And of course, Uzumaki family in a combination of Naruto, Hinata, Minato and Kushina JUST to spite the haters hahaha. What crack/funny team titles can you imagine involving Naruto/Hinata and with whom would they team up with?

Lol at the Team 8 joke ultimate. Man Kiba and Shino's dependence on Hinata to be relevant is just that easy to poke fun at, I admit I'm a BIT guilty cause as a Hinata fan, that'd be the last thing she'd want for her friends.

Yeah I admit I was not a huge Naruto fan as I was years ago. Not only did the plot drag on for too long and how many characters were being shoved aside (Thanks a lot Sasuke! And I guess you too Sakura!), I got so bored and only browse through it every now and then hoping for the next Hinata/NaruHina moment. It became so bad that I said to myself "I don't care how/when it's gonna end, as long as Naruto and Hinata get together, I'm happy".

I'm from the Philippines. And I don't think it's because they ordered less of the Hinata figures. The shops they came from is an anime shop that usually sells anime figurines. A lot of the Philippines fans are huge Hinata fans and since figures of her are rare (and in such good quality), they sold fast. I guess they just don't care about Naruto and want Hinata to themselves XD.

Wow, must be hard to have a girlfriend who's a diehard Sakura fan. I have yet tomeet a diehard Sakura fan/Hinata hater (my friends thinks Sakura is a lost cause XD) so I have no idea how I'd act if I ever met one, or found out someone close to me was one. I agree with you that Sakura's presence sometimes sickens me, not only for how painfully irritating she was but because more of her meant less of Hinata. There are times wherein I can stand her, but most of the time I can't. I may dislike Sakura, but I never hated her to the point I make posts about it on tumblr or make deregatory fanart, I respect that a character has his/her fans and I'm cool with that.

Yes having a ship you've loved for so long be canon is a very happy feeling. Not only to know that two characters you love got together, but also the knowledge that their status as a couple will forever be immortalized in time and anime history. And with how big the Naruto series is, you KNOW they're gonna me showcasing it any chance they get.
Old 2015-01-05, 11:34   Link #4057
730flare

Heh, check out this pic:

It reminds me of a discussion people had in another forum that if the anime expands on stuff after the Last but before the epilogue and decides to make Hinata the main heroine or at the very least a main character, what would the dynamic be? Would she be an unofficial member of Team 7 with Naruto, Sakura and Sai since Sasuke's travelling and Kakashi's Hokage? Or if Sasuke is around, would we have a main quartet consisting of Naruto, Hinata, Sakura and Sasuke?

And where would that leave Kiba and Shino? XD

Regardless on what measure they take, it's amusing how Hinata's probably the closest to being or IS the main candidate for Main Character #4 (not counting Kakashi).
Old 2015-01-05, 11:52   Link #4058
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Quote:
Don't worry I won't make it hurt...too much, you're a friend afterall *cracks knuckles* lol
Don't worry.... it won't.

Quote:
everyone is strong and they brought their own things to the table I mean in that case why can't people say Hinata's more famous for getting the HERO of the WAR back on his feet when he was about to throw in the towel, enough ninjas saw her do it...suddenly surpassing a legend in terms of medical skill would kinda take a backseat to the girl who got the hero save the world from total annihilation, but we have to accept Sakura's fame because its what's written...but I never saw it that big of a deal to what Hinata did...
Personally I like it that way more... Sakura is more know world wide, sure. But Hinata did the better thing on a personal level. I see not much difference... My example was something "in universe", which is all it is... but I also said that it's not something that differences the characters.
So... yeah, everyone knows Sakura's name by now, but not Hinata's... but that was not important for my example... it was just a side note.

if you speak about the meta level on the other hand I can't say anything... as it is true. Hinata definitly is more known. We also know she has the bigger fanbase.

Quote:
and to me, the fame with the fans will trump in story fame ANY day
So yeah I sign this as it is.

Quote:
she should have come to the conclusion if Naruto was to never give up on him, maybe she should have worked with NAruto to stop Sasuke...nope never once happened which makes her eventual hook up with Sasuke a VERY lucky break on her part
A conclusion she came to and she did the best thing she could. Leave it to Naruto, who she felt was the right guy for the job. She admitted it herself, she won't be able to do anything.

Quote:
I am still debating with myself if Kishimoto did the failed confession with the intent of pushing Hinata's chances at the cost of Sakura's popularity or he REALLY did think he could pull it off without backlash on Sakura...because it was a HORRIBLY thought out plan...the scene played out ultimately working out due to NAruto seeing the lie, but what if he didn't? Was Sakura just going to put herself in a doomed relationship to save Naruto? And in the end is breaking two hearts (Naruto and Hinata's ) worth it? A desperate move perhaps it was...but this is supposed to be your main heroine even if she has a moment she should somehow make up for it, which we never got...I really would have liked she talked to NAruto about this later and came to some conclusion, instead of apologizing in her own head and then just leaving...
Wait, this I already answered this part... I even mentioned the doomed relationship, as in THERE WOULDN'T BE AN RELATIONSHIP.

When I talked about running after Sasuke I really meant THE VERY FIRST MOMENT she got a chance. Just like she did after her rejection. The scene would have played out exactly the same.

Quote:
Sure she was a focal help for the movie but I can't help but feeling it was the writer's way of saying...well okay Sakura's not the main heroine of the movie we need to make her important somehow and yet not ursurp Hinata's time...so yeah let her play cupid, and to an extent I thought it worked, the PROBLEM was that they made it too important from what I read of course...inspiring Hinata, just great, going over to Naruto that his feelings for her were never real, needed...TELLING a heartbroken NARUTO that Hinata will not stop loving you to inspire him to get Hianta back...I felt now you're overplaying Sakura...THIS should have been a moment Naruto needed to come to on his own, MAYBE Sakura should have offered a word about Hinata not stop loving him, but in the end Naruto should have come to his own conclusion instead of saying wow Sakura's right I have to save Hinata now...
Well, maybe if I see it transpire instead of just reading about it I could say more about it.
Thing is... yeah it's the old "Kishimoto did it taht way" card. So yeah... nothign to say about it.

Quote:
So sorry man Sakura's not a BAD character, she is a good person and deserves her end of series happiness and I admit mellowed about her considerably since having to read through some of her of her "great moments" but she really does feel so ordinary to me...a girl given alot to make her seem useful...Hinata will always be extra ordinary to me, and I am not including her bloodlines or Byakugan or her powers...it is who she is as a character
*grin* "Don't worry I won't make it hurt...too much"? Seeing how you go about her, you a admitting what you just did was a big "mission accomplished" in my book.

Ah, speaking of UNS4, I do hope they redo the Jinchuriki and Biju battles... they were the weakest and most frustrating moments in the whole game.

Quote:
Heh, check out this pic:

And it's a very nice one.
Old 2015-01-05, 12:56   Link #4059
cyberdemon

Quote:
I am still debating with myself if Kishimoto did the failed confession with the intent of pushing Hinata's chances at the cost of Sakura's popularity or he REALLY did think he could pull it off without backlash on Sakura...because it was a HORRIBLY thought out plan...the scene played out ultimately working out due to NAruto seeing the lie, but what if he didn't? Was Sakura just going to put herself in a doomed relationship to save Naruto? And in the end is breaking two hearts (Naruto and Hinata's ) worth it? A desperate move perhaps it was...but this is supposed to be your main heroine even if she has a moment she should somehow make up for it, which we never got...I really would have liked she talked to NAruto about this later and came to some conclusion, instead of apologizing in her own head and then just leaving...
Honestly I can't necessarily blame Sakura for trying that. Her promise to Naruto was only hurting him more and more. It was placing too heavy of a burden on him and her saying "Just forget it" wouldn't work. It was the wrong way to do it but her heart was at least in the right place. Either way it doomed any chances of a relationship. One way was quick while the other would've been slow and dragged out. Glad that they went for the quick route rather than have Naruto foolishly believe it.
Old 2015-01-05, 13:02   Link #4060
real123

So when did naruto get the hokage title , his face wasn't on the stone wall in the movie's epilogue when his children run at him
real123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
movie