AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2012-01-11, 15:53   Link #4061
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Like it or not, the team kept winning behind Tebow. At one point Denver was all but finished with its season. Like me, many also thought John Fox would be fired. As horrible as Kyle Orton was, Denver didn't have anyone that could replace him considering Tebow was profiled as worse than Orton. I remember in one game how one of the commentator was pointing it out that before John Fox leaves Denver perhaps he could play Tebow and give him some experience and assess his talent for that position since it was unlikely the Broncos could salvage their season. And here we are!

Statistically, he is a sub-par quarterback, but it doesn't mean a thing for one fundamental reason. He wins!

Last edited by monir; 2012-01-11 at 15:58. Reason: Correction made. Thanks Dilla!
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 15:55   Link #4062
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Kyle Orton, not Kyle Boller.

Orton didn't have All-Pro numbers at the start of this year, but he wasn't horrible. 8 TDs to 7 INTs for 979 yards and 58.7 completion percentage. Considering the John Fox had a large love affair with Jake Delhomme when he was in Carolina, those are decent numbers. However, Fox's gameplan didn't match Orton's style of play; Tebow's did.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 21:12   Link #4063
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

I laughed a bit too loudly at this XD

Spoiler for image:
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 21:36   Link #4064
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
YES! That was hilarious.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 21:51   Link #4065
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Statistically, he is a sub-par quarterback, but it doesn't mean a thing for one fundamental reason. He wins!
Well Trent Dilfer was terrible and he won a SB. Whether he wins or not isn't really what irritates me. When everyone is handing him accolades and talking nonstop about the guy without giving credit where credit is due to the rest of the team it gets to the point you just don't want him to win so they just shut up about him.

I remember that one game where mcgahee pulls of a 50+ yard run to set up the winning FG and guess who everyone talks about and gives credit to, tebow. What about the game where the kicker scored over half the teams points including nailing a 59 yard FG. Who does all the credit go to, tebow. How about the D that kept all those games close enough for mr. subpar to pull of his "miraculous" last minute victories. What about the great OL that has been giving him running room and the protection he needs (and he still puts up shabby numbers).

The most reasonable thing to Tebow give credit for is how he inspired confidence in his teamates; The guys I good motivator.

Last edited by GuidoHunter_Toki; 2012-01-12 at 00:17.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-11, 21:58   Link #4066
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. DJ View Post

Spoiler for image:
Now THAT is a false start if there ever was....
Old 2012-01-12, 02:18   Link #4067
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. DJ View Post

Spoiler for image:
Looks like someone's been skipping practice...
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-12, 07:55   Link #4068
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
Well Trent Dilfer was terrible and he won a SB. Whether he wins or not isn't really what irritates me. When everyone is handing him accolades and talking nonstop about the guy without giving credit where credit is due to the rest of the team it gets to the point you just don't want him to win so they just shut up about him.

I remember that one game where mcgahee pulls of a 50+ yard run to set up the winning FG and guess who everyone talks about and gives credit to, tebow. What about the game where the kicker scored over half the teams points including nailing a 59 yard FG. Who does all the credit go to, tebow. How about the D that kept all those games close enough for mr. subpar to pull of his "miraculous" last minute victories. What about the great OL that has been giving him running room and the protection he needs (and he still puts up shabby numbers).

The most reasonable thing to Tebow give credit for is how he inspired confidence in his teamates; The guys I good motivator.
kinda like how some fans blame the loss on the QB when it was the defense that lost it for them
Old 2012-01-12, 15:03   Link #4069
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2012/sto...pring-training

^I'm a NCSU hater, but good luck to Russell Wilson in his attempt to play football. It must be serious for him to turn away the Colorado Rockies to be drafted in the lower rounds in the NFL Draft. Hopefully, it'll go better than Pat White's attempt.
Old 2012-01-12, 22:07   Link #4070
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Alright Samari, it's getting late in the week...

Spoiler for So..........:
Old 2012-01-13, 22:03   Link #4071
Samari
World's Greatest

Well wingdarkness, I've been trying to cut back on internet time to focus on other things. And unfortunately this site isn't my main site for talking football.

In any case, it should be a good game. All I really want is the 49ers to win one single game in the playoffs to prove that they can hang with the heavy hitters. At least go the distance with one of these teams. I think they will really be motivated in this contest. I haven't seen too many Saints fans around here yet, but it's Friday and I haven't left my house. I'll probably see some on the streets tonight.

All in all it's a toss up. Wouldn't be surprised if the Saints win, and I won't be surprised if the 49ers win. My prediction is:

49ers 28
Saints 21

I think it's going to be a similar game to when we played the Giants.

By the way, I've taken a little stroll to the Saints message board, and I have to say, some of your fanbase is quite crazy. Some of the things I've heard, my goodness....Drew Brees is the best quarterback in the history of the NFL, Rodgers is a system quarterback, and anyone that thinks Rodgers should be MVP is dumb. And if you try to debate these points, an online court case full of skewed passing statistics gets quoted over and over again by the Who Dat nation. Pretty absurd if you ask me.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-14, 03:05   Link #4072
Kyuu
=^^=

Flynn managed to show that Rodgers IS a system QB.
Old 2012-01-14, 03:36   Link #4073
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

The Packers' pass game is too vertical to dismiss Rodgers as a system QB (he may be a product of good coaching, but every QB needs that), but of course Saints' and Bears' fans will believe that to make themselves feel better. Matt Flynn was winging it down the field like nobodies' business against what has been revealed as a weak Lions' pass D.

I'm more inclined to think that Flynn is like Matt Schaub in that he has been groomed well by his surrounding coaching staff plus the benefit of being back-up to Rodgers.
Old 2012-01-14, 04:44   Link #4074
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
Well wingdarkness, I've been trying to cut back on internet time to focus on other things. And unfortunately this site isn't my main site for talking football.

In any case, it should be a good game. All I really want is the 49ers to win one single game in the playoffs to prove that they can hang with the heavy hitters. At least go the distance with one of these teams. I think they will really be motivated in this contest. I haven't seen too many Saints fans around here yet, but it's Friday and I haven't left my house. I'll probably see some on the streets tonight.

All in all it's a toss up. Wouldn't be surprised if the Saints win, and I won't be surprised if the 49ers win. My prediction is:

49ers 28
Saints 21

I think it's going to be a similar game to when we played the Giants.

By the way, I've taken a little stroll to the Saints message board, and I have to say, some of your fanbase is quite crazy. Some of the things I've heard, my goodness....Drew Brees is the best quarterback in the history of the NFL, Rodgers is a system quarterback, and anyone that thinks Rodgers should be MVP is dumb. And if you try to debate these points, an online court case full of skewed passing statistics gets quoted over and over again by the Who Dat nation. Pretty absurd if you ask me.
Ummm, We're geauxing to kick yall a$$!
Old 2012-01-14, 09:43   Link #4075
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
I'm more inclined to think that Flynn is like Matt Schaub in that he has been groomed well by his surrounding coaching staff plus the benefit of being back-up to Rodgers.
Exactly. Anyone who thinks otherwise is deluding themselves.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-14, 15:51   Link #4076
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

It's almost time…
FDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-14, 16:51   Link #4077
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

well this is starting out interesting...

dat freaking hit on Thomas, holy crap o_o
Old 2012-01-14, 17:00   Link #4078
Kyuu
=^^=

Well, if Brees and Saints offense doesn't get it going -- Brees will be stuck labeled as a Dome Baby.
Old 2012-01-14, 17:17   Link #4079
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

*blinks* Saints D is gonna get gassed early at this rate...
Old 2012-01-14, 18:03   Link #4080
GDB

Geez, four turnovers? It's sad that the game is as close as it is.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
american football, sports