AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index LN - New Testament Volume 10 Rating
Perfect 10 44 33.59%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 58 44.27%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 12.21%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 5.34%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.53%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 3.05%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2014-05-23, 18:49   Link #4101
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:
Originally Posted by moridin84 View Post
I'm okay with Othinus not dying. There are certainly ending which I feel are "cop outs", such as Mai Hime however I think this is different.

As the story of Mai Hime went along, it kept getting darker and darker and more people died, however, that didn't happen in this volume of Index. The entire volume was about saving her and it was progressing well. Then, at the very end Othinus decides to commit suicide? That kind of bait and switch ending might not necessarily be fun. I mean, I liked the scene between Othinus and Touma and thought it was very powerful, however, I don't know if I would be happy with the ending if I thought about it afterwards.

Besides, it looks like, no matter how dark it seems at times, Index just isn't the type of story which gives you such a tragic endings. Of course, I love my blondes so maybe I just feel it was a waste?

On a somewhat different note, what exactly is Othinus? They were talking about turning her "human", however, she was originally a magic god and threw it away right? I could understand her being immortal as a magic god, but I assume the period between her throwing away her magic god powers and picking them up again was quite long. So why didn't she age in that period of time?
She never ceased to be a magic god. She said in the book that even after she threw away her power she never retrieved the eye which would have made her human.

I gave the book a 9 myself, I didn't mind Othinus living in the end but I would have liked to see it a different way. Other than that Index and Birdway felt a little off to me I don't know just something didn't mesh well for me while reading that part. Everything else was outstanding and I really loved it.

Actually if Othinus started living with Touma. imagine how jealous Index would be. Not because of the attention from Touma. But because a single sandwich is actually a mountain of food for Othinus. If he shrank Index his food expenses would drop drastically.

The edge of sadomasochism is paper thin
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-23, 19:17   Link #4102
sasoras

First thing that comes to mind is othinus riding in Toumas chest pocket, can't get that image out of my head.
sasoras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-23, 19:17   Link #4103
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
1. That has nothing to do with how much time has passed in the volume, for us reading it (especially those reading it all in one sitting) while we know time has passed (it was just one day though) it's practically one right after the other.

2. I only mentioned thay because I know how people on this thread/site react, it wasn't only aimed at you and it was a just in case, I like to cover my bases is all.

3. I did, but still some where funny (Touma communicating, the tank), others didn't register.

Until I read or see a synopsis where it's stated that Othinus is now part of the main cast, I won't believe it or jump to conclusions, I personally didn't see anything that metioned this. Also the same happened with Frauline Kreutune we all jumped to conclusions thinking she was going to stay with Touma but got trolled, there were even slight "hints" but nothing happened on that front, either way it's not like Othinus knew about those other Magic Gods (since she couldn't even sense the last phase, much less destroy it) and since they are from different religions just like Kamachi has done he will introduce a new character from that religion that will explain on some way or form that religion and it's myths/stories or index will do it (or another character with better understanding, who knows), it's not like Othinus has been needed up till now. I'm not dismissing it, i'm just being cautious.

Also how sure are we next volume or arc will truly be about the real GREMLIN? It could, it could not but are we really sure?
This is what I said, when did I specify on one person? Did I say anything that pointed to you? Did I know for a fact that it was you who started to speculate that? No.

Quote:
How am I jumping to conclusions by saying I will not jump to conclusions?, when the ones jumping to conclusions are the people on this thread that are saying (and you can go back a few pages and find them), no, stating that Othinus will stay with Touma.

Also nice to see you need to name call someone for stating his opinions (which no one is forcing you to agree with), next time try replying without the personal attack.

1. I never said that I didn't notice the time that elapsed in the volume. If I read sometging and the same exact joke keeps coming up every chapter of course I'm going to get tired of it, it's that simple, nothing to do with time in the volume.

2. Like I said, it was just in case, I never singled you out and wasn't trying to imply anything, it's just that I know how some people on this site/thread react (see the beginning of this reply for an example).

3. It's my opinion and point of view, we all interpret things our own way, to me it felt one way, to you a different way.
Here I replied to you callin me out for no particular reason and also replying to you insulting my reading skills.

Quote:
So I imagined all of those post?, the posts I saw never said "I think" or "maybe", etc., they flat out said "Now that Othinus is going to stay with Touma...", yes it's your opinion and I never said anything otherwise, but it's telling that you have to resort to personal attacks to make your point.

Good to see these are the kind of people that represent this site. -_-

-------------------------------------------

@dniv

So, Witch girl confirmed as next harem member?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravagerblade View Post
I never said she'll be the main cast, your making assumptions and jumping to conclusions you hypocrite. But like I've said before in some other thread maybe, she has her goal realized she's not about to leave that most likely. Is your comprehension alright?
Here you started insulting me, why?

Quote:
Yes, I'm clearly the one making it personal.

Since you won't let me be the bigger man here and say, sorry for saying main cast... when I meant that people where taking as fact that she was going to stay with Touma, is that better?

I stated MY PERSONAL OPINION and gave reasons as to why, it's not my fault that you didn't like what I said about that character, you are the one getting butthurt, for no reason, you're getting mad on your own terms, why don't you grow up.
This was all I posted, tell me where do I say anything about your speculation as if I knew before hand that you might have started it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraluka View Post
Trying to play the victim doesn't fits you Chosen Hero, hiding your hand after throwing the rock won't work either.
Quote:
It doesn't even need to be Mikoto, he will bring her up even if people doesn't mentions her.
Quote:
How about dropping that pointless discussion now?

I was about give a 7 to the book compared to what vol.22 did to the war trilogy, this NT10 could have been better for the trilogy, +1 for Aleister, he picked up my interest. 8/10
You, just shut up, no one called for you. You don't seem to know what an example is do you? You are a well know Mikoto hater after all, how was that chapter with Birdway and Index, better yet good luck waiting for Othinus to get back to jer original form

You know what? forget it, it's just not worth it, for as many good people that there are on this site, it's just not worth it to hamg aroind here, one can't have an opinion without someone turning it into a fight, I came here to talk and discuss with people who liked the same animes as me, I didn't come here to get into fights with anyone, when I joined I thought this was a g reat community but as I saw little by lkttle it's no different than all the other places, that get bashed here, I won't be posting anymore... I won't be visitnig this site ever again, think about me as you like but I have better things to do than waste my time here, at least you haven't ruined my love for this series.

Don't bother replying, I won't be around anymore.
Old 2014-05-23, 19:21   Link #4104
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
You, just shut up, no one called for you. You don't seem to know what an example is do you? You are a well know Mikoto hater after all, how was that chapter with Birdway and Index, better yet good luck waiting for Othinus to get back to jer original form
Meh, do as you wish, as I already told you long ago, you can't stop yourself and jump to conclusions and label people the way you want but when they tell you something you start playing the victim.

Quote:
You know what? forget it, it's just not worth it, for as many good people that there are on this site, it's just not worth it to hamg aroind here, one can't have an opinion without someone turning it into a fight, I came here to talk and discuss with people who liked the same animes as me, I didn't come here to get into fights with anyone, when I joined I thought this was a g reat community but as I saw little by lkttle it's no different than all the other places, that get bashed here, I won't be posting anymore... I won't be visitnig this site ever again, think about me as you like but I have better things to do than waste my time here, at least you haven't ruined my love for this series.

Liar .

EDIT:

Quote:
how was that chapter with Birdway and Index, better yet good luck waiting for Othinus to get back to jer original form
1. It was average, like I said when it was translated by Js06 (go search my post).
2. I wanted Othinus dead since NT08 and called her ship "Titanic", try better next time
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-23, 19:28   Link #4105
moridin84
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPanda View Post
She never ceased to be a magic god. She said in the book that even after she threw away her power she never retrieved the eye which would have made her human.
Oh, right. So I wonder if Ollerus would have been able to become a magic god then? Even if she didn't take back her power I mean.

Quote:
Actually if Othinus started living with Touma. imagine how jealous Index would be. Not because of the attention from Touma. But because a single sandwich is actually a mountain of food for Othinus. If he shrank Index his food expenses would drop drastically.
I actually immediately thought of this
Spoiler for image:
moridin84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-23, 19:29   Link #4106
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation

Quote:

Quite the drama queen, aren't you?

How about you cool off for a bit, I'm pretty sure you are exaggerating the situation, you make it look like you have it worse than Level7 (and he hasn't left, him), or are treated like a troll. If you come back later, you will see that you are just blowing things out of proportion here out of anger. You are not persecuted.
This is nine! Nine! This is nine! Nine! This is ten! Ten! We have killed your friends! Every friend is now dead! This is six! Six! ... Eighteen! This is now eighteen! Take cover when the siren sounds! This is four! Four! ... Five! This is five! Ignore the siren! Even if you leave this room, you can never leave this room! Eight! This is eight! ... Six, this is six. This is goddamn fucking six!
allfictions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-23, 19:47   Link #4107
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

With this being one of the best volumes, I hope Kamachi can keep up with these ''best volume'' contenders
Intellectual Village: Volume 6 Chapter 3
Mitou Shoukan:// Blood Sign Volume 1 Chapter 1
Heavy Object: Volume 10 Complete
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: Volume 7 Chapter 2
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Volume 12 Chapter 12
Rokka no Yuusha Volume 4 Chapter 1

Kenju of the Right is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-23, 19:48   Link #4108
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenju of the Right View Post
With this being one of the best volumes, I hope Kamachi can keep up with these ''best volume'' contenders
Can Kamachi break his own illusion?
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-23, 20:19   Link #4109
Thatguy3331
Pro Slacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACertainStark View Post
Can he punch himself in the face with his pen hand?
Old 2014-05-23, 20:24   Link #4110
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACertainStark View Post
Hasn't he done that many times already? Might as well be doing it for fun now.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-23, 20:50   Link #4111
dragon1412

Quote:
This is what I said, when did I specify on one person? Did I say anything that pointed to you? Did I know for a fact that it was you who started to speculate that? No.

Here I replied to you callin me out for no particular reason and also replying to you insulting my reading skills.

Here you started insulting me, why?

This was all I posted, tell me where do I say anything about your speculation as if I knew before hand that you might have started it?

stop here is good for now, it's not like you are blameless, no i don't talk about the discussion but you also called someone hypocrite before, if you don't believe me,, then here
Quote:
^More like in this volume if we go by the spoilers we find out that Mikoto understands him better than all of you thought (which explains the hate, which doesn't make sense since jsut the volume before you were praising Will for the same exact thing) amlnd no amount of blame you put on Miki is going to change that because at the end of the day Kamachi is the one writing the story, you guys are smart (or act like you are) you should know that there are times when a writer goes against his manger/editor because what may be proposed doesn't suit what's being written, it's not like he's forced at gunpoint to write the stuff you hate.

Othinus never really had a chances because let's be real she never really had a chance even if he "understands" her because

1. She is way older than she looks.

2. She tried to have him commit suicide + tried to destroy everything he worked for.

3. Just because he does dirty jokes doesn't mean anything (heck, anyone can do dirty jokes around a girl they just met, so not really a valid point).

4. She was his enemy at most she will be there to give out information, at the leas she is going to be like every other girl and only be mentioned or have a slight camoe of a few sentences.

5. She is now a fairy, good luck waiting for her to turn back to normal size.

Etc...

and Index is still Index, you guys are so desperate to keep a sinking ship afloat that you can't see anything else, what a joke (keep in mind these are the same people that get mad when someone else talks about shipping, talk about being a hypocrite), just wait until the volume is translated before you write off a potentially great volume because what you wanted to happen didn't happen.
you tend to get heated during discussion so just took this chance and go cool your head down. No one here have anythings against you personally, we dont even know who you are so don't think like that.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-23, 21:53   Link #4112
LG-MAX 2.o

Quote:
How about dropping that pointless discussion now?

I was about give a 7 to the book compared to what vol.22 did to the war trilogy, this NT10 could have been better for the trilogy, +1 for Aleister, he picked up my interest. 8/10
you are a kind person, I thought give a 5, but I remembered Touma vs. Patriarch (+1), time between Touma and Kanzaki (+1), and mostly, Touma making Thor to be hit by a train (+1) . Well, I think I'll drop the series, goodbye.
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-23, 22:04   Link #4113
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
Hasn't he done that many times already? Might as well be doing it for fun now.
"I'll break my illusion!" that explains why Kamijou is the protagonist. The canon pairing is KamachixTouma.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatguy3331 View Post
Can he punch himself in the face with his pen hand?
That might be more of a stab, no?
Old 2014-05-23, 22:09   Link #4114
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

^
^
So you rate it as very good but still drop the series? Oh well.

I for one think that now is an exciting time for the series. All immediate plot threads and sub plots have been resolved. This 3 parter has essentially restored most people's faith in Kamachi and he has shown the growth in the characters of Kamijou, Accelerator and Misaka (whether you believe it or not). The end of NT10 just broadened the scale of the Toaruverse immensely.

For the first time in a really long time, we are moving into new developments for the entire story. Its sorta like in One Piece when the crew has just finished celebrating their victory in the current saga and have set sail from the island towards the next adventure - Thats where we are right now. And a new island filled with adventure is about to appear - thats whats coming up storywise.

And there are still 7 announcements left in the Kamachi 1oth Anniversary Project. Its a really exciting time to be reading this series.
Old 2014-05-23, 22:13   Link #4115
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

Damn you guys are such let downs,
Well for those of us that know how to enjoy ourselves(and enjoyed the vol)
Much anticipation for NT 11
how do you guys think it'll open
Intellectual Village: Volume 6 Chapter 3
Mitou Shoukan:// Blood Sign Volume 1 Chapter 1
Heavy Object: Volume 10 Complete
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: Volume 7 Chapter 2
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Volume 12 Chapter 12
Rokka no Yuusha Volume 4 Chapter 1

Kenju of the Right is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-23, 22:14   Link #4116
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG-MAX 2.o View Post
you are a kind person, I thought give a 5, but I remembered Touma vs. Patriarch (+1), time between Touma and Kanzaki (+1), and mostly, Touma making Thor to be hit by a train (+1) . Well, I think I'll drop the series, goodbye.
I'll tell you if something that might be interesting for you happens later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH&S
And there are still 7 announcements left in the Kamachi 1oth Anniversary Project. Its a really exciting time to be reading this series.
I've heard 6 of them are announcement for the next announcement xD.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-23, 22:15   Link #4117
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

I feel like I'm about the only one who likes NT as much as OT.
Old 2014-05-23, 22:17   Link #4118
Chosen_Hero

*sigh* I want to apologize for that last comment, I was way out of line and shouldn't have acted like that, with that said I won't apologize for any of the other posts before that. Ihaven't haf good sleep in the last few days and today it just manifested, but still that doesn't excuse it.

@dragon1412

I myself know I'm not a saint (not even close), but when I'm wrongfully accused of something I will act, no matter what, that's my nature.

@miraluka

Yes, I am a liar, this site is still that best choice of many evils and like I said I was using her as an example.since at the time I didn't have time to remember about someone else, so please refrain from making accusations.

@allfictions

As I said I was out of line, but that doesn't chamge the fact that I was accused of something I wasn't doing and never intended to do, I was just posting my personal opinion and for some reason got treated as if I was trying to start a fight (jas happened before for no reason, which makes me like I can't post my opinions) and please don't put me on the same level as LevelSeven, I don't try to troll or have trolled ever, I was just stating an opinion that no one is forced to reply to or even read.

Like I said I won't apologize for what I posted before that last post, but will apologize for that last post itself.

Discussion finished.

P.S. and to whoever asked I am a guy and know that I was actually holding back when I posted.
Old 2014-05-23, 22:18   Link #4119
LG-MAX 2.o

fear of Kamachi think it was smart, and transform Touma in a manly version of Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (gods)

Quote:
I'll tell you if something that might be interesting for you happens later.
thanks, I'm really scared of the future of the series, I think it lost credibility with this, it was so hard to be give another fate for Othinus?

and just wanted to release this last thought (the first post), before leaving.
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-23, 22:18   Link #4120
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH&S View Post
^
^
So you rate it as very good but still drop the series? Oh well.

I for one think that now is an exciting time for the series. All immediate plot threads and sub plots have been resolved. This 3 parter has essentially restored most people's faith in Kamachi and he has shown the growth in the characters of Kamijou, Accelerator and Misaka (whether you believe it or not). The end of NT10 just broadened the scale of the Toaruverse immensely.

For the first time in a really long time, we are moving into new developments for the entire story. Its sorta like in One Piece when the crew has just finished celebrating their victory in the current saga and have set sail from the island towards the next adventure - Thats where we are right now. And a new island filled with adventure is about to appear - thats whats coming up story wise.

Think I'll lay low till the heat drops a little in this place though
Only Kamijou Touma's sail boat is a hospital bed, and the helmsman is a madman.

I do agree though. Even with a few negative points this was a very enjoyable LN for me to read. The hint about the gods kind of reminds me of the first mention of Gods Right Seat, as in how important it is to the direction of the story. Well I just wish I could hibernate for 3 months till the next book comes out :/ I'm expecting the epicness to drop a little in the next two books because I'm hoping they will thoroughly set up the arc for some crazy adventure. but we all know that Kamijou Touma can't go to the vending machine to buy a snack without some super powerful magician or esper coming along to ruin his day.

The edge of sadomasochism is paper thin
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boss rush, denmark