AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2010-07-04, 04:47   Link #4121
Geekodot

I'm praying to God, Ryukishi, Witch Hunt, Heaven and Earth that the patch is out before the 7th as I am going on a 2 week vacation without internet then. xD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juEkoLXXoxo
Geekodot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 15:14   Link #4122
Witch of Uncertainty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geekodot View Post
I'm praying to God, Ryukishi, Witch Hunt, Heaven and Earth that the patch is out before the 7th as I am going on a 2 week vacation without internet then. xD
O~ho ho. I'm going on vacation in next week (12th). I hope to god that I it's translated by then.
I have a, completely unrelated question though. I don't really know where to ask, but I got this incredibly small laptop (don't remember what they are called.), and it doesn't have a DVD-Drive. I have bought the game, but since I am going on vacation, and if the patch is completed by then, is there a way for me to play ep 6 on that PC? As I'm writing this, I'm starting to really doubt it myself lol.

Anyway, I'd give my soul and children for the work you are doing Witch-Hunt.<3<3
Witch of Uncertainty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 15:46   Link #4123
theplane2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witch of Uncertainty View Post
O~ho ho. I'm going on vacation in next week (12th). I hope to god that I it's translated by then.
I have a, completely unrelated question though. I don't really know where to ask, but I got this incredibly small laptop (don't remember what they are called.), and it doesn't have a DVD-Drive. I have bought the game, but since I am going on vacation, and if the patch is completed by then, is there a way for me to play ep 6 on that PC? As I'm writing this, I'm starting to really doubt it myself lol.

Anyway, I'd give my soul and children for the work you are doing Witch-Hunt.<3<3
Oh a netbook? Well the only legal option I can think of is to get an external CD/DVD drive. It looks like you can get one for $40-$50 USD on Amazon; they probably sell them at places like Best Buy or something as well.
theplane2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 16:04   Link #4124
June 1983

^I just recently installed EP 6 on my netbook with an external optical drive. As far as I know that is the only way (er, legal way) to do it. And it's useful having an external, anyway.
June 1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 16:05   Link #4125
Bluemail
Zero of the roulette

Hmm... as you've already paid for the game and shown your respect maybe little pirating *cough* isn't *cough cough* too bad *imitates Jessica*
Bluemail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 16:09   Link #4126
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

I don't see it as a big problem. If you also have a normal PC or if you can have access to one, just burn the dvd you bought in iso format and then save it in a USB.
Then you can use a virtual dvd player program to open the dvd image in your laptop.

as far as I know backup for personal use isn't illegal.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 16:17   Link #4127
Witch of Uncertainty

I didn't know that was possible, lol. Thanks guys. I'll do that.
Witch of Uncertainty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 18:16   Link #4128
Racheya-sama
Witch of Ambition

Send a message via MSN to Racheya-sama
Indeed, programs like daemon tools are free and can mount an iso file. I'd say that it's fair enough to make a backup of it. I'm pretty sure it's kinda legal to do that :P

Am I the only one that thinks saying
'Red only tells the truth', to prove that it does, is a bit redundant?

I am Racheya-Beatrice, the Emerald Witch of Ambition
Racheya-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 18:50   Link #4129
Pika_power

Is it equally legal to buy it, then torrent it?
Pika_power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 18:51   Link #4130
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Well, no, not if other people can download it.
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 18:53   Link #4131
Pika_power

I mean to purchase the game, then download it via a torrent yourself.
Old 2010-07-04, 18:55   Link #4132
theplane2

I did a quick Google search on it and from my understanding, it's legal to make backup copies for personal use, but illegal to download a copy from anywhere else even if you own the game yourself, since that comes from a completely different source than what you paid for with your own money. Granted this is just from a quick search so I have no completely trustworthy sources to go off of, but that's what it looks like.
Old 2010-07-04, 18:55   Link #4133
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

If you're torrenting, you're uploading as well as downloading. So generally no, that probably wouldn't be okay, because you'd be providing it to other people who likely haven't paid for it.
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 18:57   Link #4134
theplane2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renall View Post
If you're torrenting, you're uploading as well as downloading. So generally no, that probably wouldn't be okay, because you'd be providing it to other people who likely haven't paid for it.
Well, there are also direct downloads out there, but I think that'd be illegal too.
Old 2010-07-04, 18:57   Link #4135
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

no it's not.

What international laws say is that what matters is that only the one who buys the product is entitled to use it and experience it. For example when you buy windows what really matter is the license "one license one owner" the disc itself matters nothing.

In case of intellectual properties what you actually buy is the right to use and experience the product and not the product itself. In fact microsoft makes quite clear in the contract that you do not own the program and you can't do with it whatever you want. That also means you cannot give that right to a third party if they haven't payed.

distribution of copyrighted material in most countries is seen as more grave infringement than the act of downloading itself.

Old 2010-07-04, 19:02   Link #4136
Pika_power

So for the guy with the netbook, he could solve his problem by downloading via torrent, and setting his upload to 0kbps?
Old 2010-07-04, 19:11   Link #4137
Kishin
Hanyuu's #1 Fan

isnt it just possible to install it on a desktop computer and drag the saved umineko folder into a usb and put it in the netbook? im planning on doing this (havnt yet) but it should work.
edit: just thought, though itd prob be harder couldnt you transfer the disk functions to a usb aswell and run the installer on the netbook
Old 2010-07-04, 19:29   Link #4138
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pika_power View Post
So for the guy with the netbook, he could solve his problem by downloading via torrent, and setting his upload to 0kbps?
I'm not sure, this is a very peculiar case... anyway...

From a moral standpoint it's perfectly fine since it's the same backing up your own program.

from a legal standpoint you'd only have problems as long as you are downloading. Once you have the copy no one could tell anything for owning that, since you have the original.

Old 2010-07-04, 19:38   Link #4139
Kylon99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishin View Post
isnt it just possible to install it on a desktop computer and drag the saved umineko folder into a usb and put it in the netbook? im planning on doing this (havnt yet) but it should work.
edit: just thought, though itd prob be harder couldnt you transfer the disk functions to a usb aswell and run the installer on the netbook
I've copied my Umineko installations around like this as well. The only thing is you need to find your save games, if you have them and copy them too.

In fact, I had to do this for the Chinese patch which was pretty complicated to set up. 8)
Kylon99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 19:42   Link #4140
AzureVermillion

Hey guys, I'm a currently reading Umineko on my Mac partition.
Was there anyway to force the resolution of the onscripter? I remember with the windows onscripter 'window-width=' did the trick.

I've noticed that it is playing in a 4:3 aspect ratio, I would like to play it at 16:9. The default resolution I have the system set to is 1920x1080

When I fullscreen the game I get not-so-delicious letterboxing.
AzureVermillion is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
translation