Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-09-16, 23:26   Link #4121
cloud04
Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
She is shown to be in Tohka's gym class in one of the issues of DAS the class soccer match pretty much devolved into a battle between Origami and Tohka going full out. She is pretty petite though her rival on the rogue group looks younger
oh that chapter..i do wonder if she will get more air time in the main series
Old 2013-09-16, 23:32   Link #4122
LeWLWuT
Great Failure of a Genius

Yes, Mikie and Tamae are cousins, considering they have the same surname.

Those facts, you took them from the spin-off right? Oh, wow. Sometimes, I don't really consider spin-off facts to be part of canon. I'm torn in the Rinne Utopia controversy.

In other stuff, one of my colleagues made a theory.

Spoiler for Da'at Angel:

Pick whatever link, it doesn't matter. It's the same story.
LeWLWuT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-17, 00:57   Link #4123
iamadooddood
NOM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeWLWuT View Post
I already did, when I joined this forum. They underwent a really long rant about it.
Lol, show me their argument then.

Quote:
If that were the case, then Shidou would have met her already. Where did you get the idea?
Date AST Like Chinese translations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud04 View Post
oh that chapter..i do wonder if she will get more air time in the main series
Probably not. I'm thinking it'll more likely get a spinoff series, if Mikie gets more popular.

Quote:
Yes, Mikie and Tamae are cousins, considering they have the same surname.

Those facts, you took them from the spin-off right? Oh, wow. Sometimes, I don't really consider spin-off facts to be part of canon. I'm torn in the Rinne Utopia controversy.

In other stuff, one of my colleagues made a theory.

Spoiler for Da'at Angel:
I'll agree with you on this. Except the guardian angel part -_-.

Anime Saimoe Tournament 2013 is screwed up. Everyone's argument is invalid.
iamadooddood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-17, 01:04   Link #4124
cloud04
Scanlator

lol date ast like is mikie's series
Old 2013-09-17, 01:26   Link #4125
LeWLWuT

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamadooddood View Post
Lol, show me their argument then.
Lemme check on my paperwork then. I have it somewhere...

Quote:
Date AST Like Chinese translations.
You're pretty lucky. I only scratched the surface, unlike some of you.

Quote:
Probably not. I'm thinking it'll more likely get a spinoff series, if Mikie gets more popular.
Like in Railgun?

Quote:
I'll agree with you on this. Except the guardian angel part -_-.
Why though? It's got a heavenly feel to it. Hah. Lame puns again.

To add a bit of info, Da'at is considered to be the base of the abyss. Ooooh, creepy. And in other books, Da'at is substituted with Keter, the first sephira. Anybody get what I'm thinking?

Quote:
Well, duh! But it's not just her. it's the AST's side of the story. Though it may not be relevant to the main plot, it can flesh out the opposing side. Sort of a character development thing. I'm thinking of a game's customized skins. It makes the game look cooler without having an overall effect to gameplay.

Old 2013-09-17, 02:57   Link #4126
iamadooddood
NOM.

Quote:
I mean anime adaptation spinoff.

Quote:
You're pretty lucky. I only scratched the surface, unlike some of you.
Well, I only got like the first 3 chapters of volume 1. Pretty much scratching the surface as well.

Quote:
Like in Railgun?
Yup.

Quote:
Why though? It's got a heavenly feel to it. Hah. Lame puns again.

To add a bit of info, Da'at is considered to be the base of the abyss. Ooooh, creepy. And in other books, Da'at is substituted with Keter, the first sephira. Anybody get what I'm thinking?
Gyaaah.

Yeah I know. It means he's supposed to end up with Origami. Bwuh?

Date A Origami makes a lot more sense now.

Old 2013-09-17, 04:48   Link #4127
LeWLWuT

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamadooddood

Well, I only got like the first 3 chapters of volume 1. Pretty much scratching the surface as well.
I got a bit of all 3 volumes of this. Wanna hear?

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeWLWuT
Like in Railgun?
Yup.
Looks like we're on the same boat. I thought of it once, too.

Quote:
Gyaaah.

Yeah I know. It means he's supposed to end up with Origami. Bwuh?

Date A Origami makes a lot more sense now.
That can't be good. I mean a harem with over 7 women competing usually has all of them winning, or none at all.

I can't find my colleagues' testaments to Rinne. All I can remember is the existence of the VN. Something from the Enlightenment era, like "If God doesn't exist, then why are we here?"
Get the picture?

Only a few days left before a flood of emotions, theories, comments, spoilers, and illustrations fill this humble thread. Just sayin'.

Old 2013-09-17, 07:28   Link #4128
iamadooddood
NOM.

Quote:
I got a bit of all 3 volumes of this. Wanna hear?
Yes please.

Quote:
That can't be good. I mean a harem with over 7 women competing usually has all of them winning, or none at all.
That only applies if it's a balanced harem like this one is. For a harem where there is very clearly a main girl (think Zero no Tsukaima or SAO), the main girl almost always wins. One law is that the more clearly a main girl is shown, the more likely she is to win in the end.

However DAL is sufficiently balanced enough to convince me that Tohka won't be the only winner. To me, she doesn't have that strong a "main girl" feel.

Not especially after I just realised that Origami might be the one to end up victorious, if there is a sole victor in the end. Then again, it's even more likely that they all get to share him, so at least there's that hope.

Quote:
I can't find my colleagues' testaments to Rinne. All I can remember is the existence of the VN. Something from the Enlightenment era, like "If God doesn't exist, then why are we here?"
Get the picture?
Not the religion card again. @_@

Simple. The VN was created to follow up on the anime. I'm not sure about our purpose of existing, but at least the VN has the purpose of milking extra money from LN and anime fans.

Quote:
Only a few days left before a flood of emotions, theories, comments, spoilers, and illustrations fill this humble thread. Just sayin'.
As if it wasn't like that already.

Old 2013-09-17, 07:57   Link #4129
LeWLWuT

Quote:
That only applies if it's a balanced harem like this one is. For a harem where there is very clearly a main girl (think Zero no Tsukaima or SAO), the main girl almost always wins. One law is that the more clearly a main girl is shown, the more likely she is to win in the end.

However DAL is sufficiently balanced enough to convince me that Tohka won't be the only winner. To me, she doesn't have that strong a "main girl" feel.

Not especially after I just realized that Origami might be the one to end up victorious, if there is a sole victor in the end. Then again, it's even more likely that they all get to share him, so at least there's that hope.
That, or none at all. I kind of view this things at the "double-or-nothing" zone. A gamble, since we got darker elements here.

Sure, there's the basic rule of pairings: First girl ALWAYS wins, provided she got more screen time than other girls. However, we got exceptions. I can't name one, but my colleagues say Index.

Quote:
Not the religion card again. @_@

Simple. The VN was created to follow up on the anime. I'm not sure about our purpose of existing, but at least the VN has the purpose of milking extra money from LN and anime fans.
Seems you're starting to agitate the bees that are my colleagues. They just dropped by my house, and saw your testaments. I only managed to catch these bits:
"Oh, wow. Like how an artist just puts a rock in a pedestal and calls it art? Better a stock character than a unique one that's not even canon, you say?! She was conceived with the author's ideas! If she's not worth mentioning, then why did the author bother creating her?" Stuff like that. I tried calming them down by joining here, and they seem to oblige, though I highly doubt they'll appear here.

Me? I am like "Please stop. I know she may never appear again, but she'll always have a place in my cerebrum. I'm stoic."

Quote:
As if it wasn't like that already.
Oh, really? I wouldn't be so sure...

Regarding Date a Strike, the info I only got was the Combat Realizers. Plot? I'm in the dark there. What was the motive of those three Brits for stealing the Ashcroft units?

Old 2013-09-17, 08:50   Link #4130
iamadooddood
NOM.

Quote:
That, or none at all. I kind of view this things at the "double-or-nothing" zone. A gamble, since we got darker elements here.

Sure, there's the basic rule of pairings: First girl ALWAYS wins, provided she got more screen time than other girls. However, we got exceptions. I can't name one, but my colleagues say Index.
Lol Index. I didn't think she got much screen time.

Quote:
Seems you're starting to agitate the bees that are my colleagues. They just dropped by my house, and saw your testaments. I only managed to catch these bits:
"Oh, wow. Like how an artist just puts a rock in a pedestal and calls it art? Better a stock character than a unique one that's not even canon, you say?! She was conceived with the author's ideas! If she's not worth mentioning, then why did the author bother creating her?" Stuff like that. I tried calming them down by joining here, and they seem to oblige, though I highly doubt they'll appear here.

Me? I am like "Please stop. I know she may never appear again, but she'll always have a place in my cerebrum. I'm stoic."
Actually, IIRC the author saw one of Tsunako's random characters and liked her design so he decided to use her as an original character for the game. Said character was Rinne. As to whether liking her design was the main reason, or even only reason, I'm a lot less sure.

And if you think about it, making a VN to follow up on an anime makes a lot of commercial sense, regardless of whether the VN is canon or not.

I'm actually hoping she reappears, because I do want a sequel to that VN.

Quote:
Oh, really? I wouldn't be so sure...

Regarding Date a Strike, the info I only got was the Combat Realizers. Plot? I'm in the dark there. What was the motive of those three Brits for stealing the Ashcroft units?
It was enough for Riki to complain about the deluge of speculations. Though I don't see any problem with it.

Lol you read that blog right. No idea, but I think it might have something to do with that Ashcroft Wizard.

Old 2013-09-17, 14:33   Link #4131
Ragna92

Quote:

At first I was convinced it was going to be a Tohka ending but now I'm leaning more towards the no one gets picked ending now. There are already like 7 girls in the harem and I'm pretty sure the harem will only get bigger. At this point I find it hard to see Shido being in a romantic relationship with anyone. So far DAL seems to be a balanced harem just like iamdood said.
Ragna92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-17, 16:57   Link #4132
RapidPotential
Spinning round and round~

The premise of the series already implied he'd had to have at least 10 girls going after him so I'm pretty sure it might actually have to end up a harem, otherwise the usual cop-out would probably happen (the open end).

A fatal mistake on the fans' part is to assume the first girl wins all the time; whilst it holds true for most of the romcom staples. The first girl may get a large amount of screentime in the early stages, but up until some point the author could decide a different focus and development time for a girl who supposedly showed up later. "First girl wins" scenarios generally happen if said girl is a title character, but even then there are exceptions to this rule.
RapidPotential is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-17, 19:08   Link #4133
Ragna92

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapidPotential View Post
The premise of the series already implied he'd had to have at least 10 girls going after him so I'm pretty sure it might actually have to end up a harem, otherwise the usual cop-out would probably happen (the open end).

A fatal mistake on the fans' part is to assume the first girl wins all the time; whilst it holds true for most of the romcom staples. The first girl may get a large amount of screentime in the early stages, but up until some point the author could decide a different focus and development time for a girl who supposedly showed up later. "First girl wins" scenarios generally happen if said girl is a title character, but even then there are exceptions to this rule.
I'd say the first girl wins 80% of the time. At the end of the day it's all up to the author. I've read a series where the MC ended up with a supporting character before.
Ragna92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-17, 19:33   Link #4134
LeWLWuT

Quote:
Lol Index. I didn't think she got much screen time.
I was her title series, but yeah, she didn't really get that much focus. At all. She was relevant in only the first few volumes.

Quote:
Actually, IIRC the author saw one of Tsunako's random characters and liked her design so he decided to use her as an original character for the game. Said character was Rinne. As to whether liking her design was the main reason, or even only reason, I'm a lot less sure.
Ahh, yes. That design. If you think about it, Rinne has a lot of similarities with Plutia from the Neptunia series. Same VA, same design, same illustrator.

Quote:
And if you think about it, making a VN to follow up on an anime makes a lot of commercial sense, regardless of whether the VN is canon or not.

I'm actually hoping she reappears, because I do want a sequel to that VN.
It does, and whoa! You want her to appear again?! I better stop my colleagues from hunting you down!

I believe there's a high chance of Rinne to be mentioned, if not appear, in the novels.

Quote:
It was enough for Riki to complain about the deluge of speculations. Though I don't see any problem with it.

Lol you read that blog right. No idea, but I think it might have something to do with that Ashcroft Wizard.
Yeah, I did. And I got a hold of the first volume. I'm still in the dark, though.

Old 2013-09-17, 19:39   Link #4135
iamadooddood
NOM.

Quote:
It does, and whoa! You want her to appear again?! I better stop my colleagues from hunting you down!

I believe there's a high chance of Rinne to be mentioned, if not appear, in the novels.
Hey, now, I'm not the only one who wants that. And isn't it only natural for someone who liked the VN to want that?

Nah, I don't think the author would mention her at all in the LN.

Old 2013-09-18, 03:55   Link #4136
LeWLWuT

Quote:
Hey, now, I'm not the only one who wants that. And isn't it only natural for someone who liked the VN to want that?

Nah, I don't think the author would mention her at all in the LN.
Uhhh... this adds fuel to my fire of confusion. You said Rinne Utopia isn't canon, yet you like the starring character there. You don't want her to appear again, yet you want her, let's say, for yourself. What saith thou?

There are clues, if you look deep enough... After all, we got Da'at to boot, and this subject is highly debatable. Not until the author sheds light on this. So I'm just gonna wait. Hey! Only 3 days until release! Which means it would take longer for us to get them illustrations. I'm gonna study Tarot cards for now, preferably the trumps. It may give me a good overview on the tree.

Old 2013-09-18, 07:25   Link #4137
iamadooddood
NOM.

Quote:
Uhhh... this adds fuel to my fire of confusion. You said Rinne Utopia isn't canon, yet you like the starring character there. You don't want her to appear again, yet you want her, let's say, for yourself. What saith thou?

There are clues, if you look deep enough... After all, we got Da'at to boot, and this subject is highly debatable. Not until the author sheds light on this. So I'm just gonna wait. Hey! Only 3 days until release! Which means it would take longer for us to get them illustrations. I'm gonna study Tarot cards for now, preferably the trumps. It may give me a good overview on the tree.
I never said that I didn't want her to appear at all. I said that I wanted her to appear in the VN, just not the light novels. And whether she's canon or not, the VN's storyline is still nice.

Old 2013-09-18, 10:41   Link #4138
Nvis
Where are the good animes

2 more days......must hold together....

BTW, if its Friday Japan time, shouldn't it be somewhere tomorrow NA time?
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-18, 11:15   Link #4139
Diamond English

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragna92 View Post
I'd say the first girl wins 80% of the time. At the end of the day it's all up to the author. I've read a series where the MC ended up with a supporting character before.
I watched one , it's called Shuffle (anime)and it was the best harem I've seen or read. Remind me again,didn't MC have to choose from Mutant A who was two people in one body, Mutant B who was made up of two people or Earth could be destroyed or let's not forget (Psycho) childhood friend who usually wins by default cos she's owed comp for waking him up, but yet he choose option Z which is the funny girl who he liked and got on with most in the face of political pressure and near death.......and some magic. I still can't comprehend a MC picking a side character. Has manga conditioned me? #rhetorical question.

More importantly, I only read a bit of this and watched the anime, but is there any background on Reine? Is she kosher or is their more than meets the eye?
Diamond English is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-18, 12:47   Link #4140
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
2 more days......must hold together....

BTW, if its Friday Japan time, shouldn't it be somewhere tomorrow NA time?
My time is just one hours late from Japan (SEA region), so it would be sometime tomorrow at the moment of my post (September 19).

... Which would be a good time for me to keep myself busy, final assignment submissions on the same day. Yay.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----

Last edited by Master Assassin; 2013-09-18 at 13:06.
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, angelic spirits, antiheroine, comedy, drama, fake harem, fantasia bunko, harem, light novel, open ending, possible true harem, romance, science fiction, seinen, shounen, time travel, tragedy