Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2016-12-22, 06:27   Link #4121
Tachibana
タチバナ

Quote:
Originally Posted by pervypig View Post
"Ultra soul" is the title of chapter 5 of Vol 11, not a skill. As of the epilogue of Vol 11, Bell's skills remain as they were.

Spoiler:
Just curious, someone earlier mentioned it was a new skill.
Old 2016-12-22, 08:51   Link #4122
demonicslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tachibana View Post
Just curious, someone earlier mentioned it was a new skill.
They thought it was a new skill. Since it was a speculation before they actually read the volume.
demonicslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-22, 09:33   Link #4123
pervypig

Rather than skills, I'm more interested in how leveling up works. Do you grow stronger after updating the status, or does the status-update just reflect what strength you currently have.

Spoiler:
pervypig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-22, 10:31   Link #4124
bakato

Quote:
Rather than skills, I'm more interested in how leveling up works. Do you grow stronger after updating the status, or does the status-update just reflect what strength you currently have.

Spoiler:
The former. Status alone doesn't make you a good fighter. Just like being able to do a hundred push-ups doesn't make you a martial artist. Technique and skill are stuff you have to get on your own.

Gods would be attacked by monsters and if their familia can't protect them then they'd be forced to use their arcanum to save themselves, which would violate their pact forcing them to return to heaven and taking their grace with them which would then leave their familia powerless to fight the irregular boss monster that spawned in response to the use of arcanum.
Old 2016-12-22, 10:38   Link #4125
demonicslayer

Quote:
Like what Bakato said. The updates must come first before becoming stronger. If you recall the anime, manga or LN, Hestia updated Bell's status before the battle against Silverback, Black Goliath and half way during the mission to save the Xenos.

Second, your point about bringing goddess along with them in dungeon exploring is pointless as the increase in stats for most people are so low that it makes not much of differences. A few points of increase doesn't make much differences after a day of crazy grinding. Most people can't even increase their stats more than 10 points per stat in a day of grinding. I recall that there was mention that even Loki's familia only get around 10-20 points increment after their deep dungeon exploration. Bell is the only exception which is why Hestia kept updating his stats half way into battle or before battle because he increment is insane. Besides the spawn of irregular monster, most familia aren't exactly capable of protecting themselves if facing too many monsters. Bringing along goddess would be adding a greater risk and got annihilated in the process. This is why adventurers mortality is high.

Last edited by demonicslayer; 2016-12-22 at 10:57.
Old 2016-12-22, 11:25   Link #4126
bakato

I'm reading the latest volume 7 and spoilers haven't quite emphasized how much Bell's new luck is really giving him an easy time. I'll be surprised if Hestia's debt doesn't go poof in the near future.
Old 2016-12-22, 11:39   Link #4127
pervypig

^ lol read the ryu spinoff for more info about bell's infamous luck.

Spoiler:
Old 2016-12-22, 11:47   Link #4128
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
I'm reading the latest volume 7 and spoilers haven't quite emphasized how much Bell's new luck is really giving him an easy time. I'll be surprised if Hestia's debt doesn't go poof in the near future.
I'd hardly call what happened to Bell in Volume 7 him having an "easy time". The good and bad luck seemed basically evened out to me.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-22, 15:50   Link #4129
EvI

After the fight between Aiz and Bell (i don't know if you can call that a fight...) and Bete left Aiz alone, what did she metioned?
EvI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-22, 22:32   Link #4130
Dual Blades
Moonlight Editor

Location: In the North where people ride polar bears and live in Igloos
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
I think most if not all of Hestia's debt has been cleared after Vol 6's war game earnings.
Old 2016-12-22, 22:50   Link #4131
demonicslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dual Blades View Post
I think most if not all of Hestia's debt has been cleared after Vol 6's war game earnings.
Nope. The war game provided Hestia with substantial amount of gold which she used to renovate the Apollo's mansion. So, she still owe 200 million to Hephaestus. I think her contract with Hephaestus was 35 years of working with her. If she had paid even half of her debts, Hestia familia wouldn't be having trouble recruiting members.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvI View Post
After the fight between Aiz and Bell (i don't know if you can call that a fight...) and Bete left Aiz alone, what did she metioned?
It wasn't mentioned. The book just mentioned that she murmured to herself. My guess probably: This girl is so lucky.

Last edited by demonicslayer; 2016-12-22 at 23:15.
Old 2016-12-23, 03:06   Link #4132
pervypig

^ nah, ima sure its something of the form: I waaaaan my wrabbbit baaaack!!!
Old 2016-12-23, 04:24   Link #4133
Windsgrace

So...when people are after bell its wabbit hunting season?
Old 2016-12-23, 09:13   Link #4134
EvI

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonicslayer View Post
It wasn't mentioned. The book just mentioned that she murmured to herself. My guess probably: This girl is so lucky.
So we gotta wait Sword Oratoria to know, guess the author did on purpose
EvI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-24, 03:08   Link #4135
DerDoppelganger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tachibana View Post
I heard that Bell got some new ability called "Ultra Soul."

Is there any information on this ability?
Ultra Soul! is the title of volume XI, chapter V, but also the name of a song by the Japanese hard rock band, B'z, whose lyrics perfectly describe Bell's situation, with his recent stagnation and renewed determination in the volume's epilogue.

Spoiler for Lyrics:
DerDoppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-24, 04:11   Link #4136
demonicslayer

Btw, is there any explanation as to the job/ responsibility of Greater Gods/ Elder Gods such as Uranus, Zeus and Hera? Is there any other gods fallen to this category that were not mentioned here?

Lastly, I noticed the author seemed to used gods/ legends from Hinduism, Shinto, Roman, Greeks, Egyptian and Norse, but I think I never seen him using gods/ legends from Buddhism, Taoism (except Nazha), Sumerian etc. Seemed like he knows those Hindu, Shinto, Roman, Greeks and Norse better.
Old 2016-12-24, 04:43   Link #4137
pervypig

Ishtar is Sumerian, though that's about the only one of the lot I recognize. Arguably, Nazha is also Hindu, since Buddhism does not really have a pantheon of gods (most if not all of their gods are derived from Hinduism from which their Indian origins stems). The Taoist pantheon is again a marriage of Hindu/Buddhist pantheon and local folklore including ancient heroes such as Guan-Di (Guan Yu from Three Kingdoms) or even Confucian (dun laugh, the Chinese worship everything from their ancestors to Sun Wokong, which arguably is Hanuman from Ramayana, yet again an Indian legend - you supposedly can see the causeway the Monkey transformed into linking India to Sri Lanka). I'd laugh my ass off if he put Guan-Di or Sun Wokong inside Danmachi though... Also there is actually pretty little references to the Mayan religions, which I'm guessing is due to lack of knowledge in those areas.
Old 2016-12-24, 06:29   Link #4138
demonicslayer

Ah... Ishtar.... forgotten about her Sumerian origin since I skip the volume without managing to finish it. I think Nazha in Danmachi might have actually come from Hinduism since it was implied that Nalakūvara aka Nazha is a trickster. Taoism's Nazha (not exactly Buddhism) is slightly different in personality albeit derived from Hinduism. As later on, Buddhism and Taoism is integrated under one religion in ancient China to prevent battle between both religions.

Buddhism doesn't actually have many so called goddesses mentioned and as you said many share the same goddesses with Hinduism but in different names although there are some which are unique to itself.

Confusionism has no actual gods. Most of the gods in Chinese mythology are based on Taoism, Hinduism and Buddhism. Guan Di (Guan yu) is deitified by locals and are classified under Mahayana Buddhism (chinese buddhism) rather than the orthodox Buddhism.
Old 2016-12-24, 07:03   Link #4139
Tri-ring

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonicslayer View Post

Buddhism doesn't actually have many so called goddesses mentioned and as you said many share the same goddesses with Hinduism but in different names although there are some which are unique to itself.
Based on which school (Mahāyāna Buddhism or Thevraada Buddhism) you get a different count.

For Theravada Buddhism there are no gods not even buddha himself. The religion is based on how to remove oneself from reincarnation to step into Nirvana.
Tri-ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-24, 10:25   Link #4140
demonicslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tri-ring View Post
Based on which school (Mahāyāna Buddhism or Thevraada Buddhism) you get a different count.

For Theravada Buddhism there are no gods not even buddha himself. The religion is based on how to remove oneself from reincarnation to step into Nirvana.
Actually, they have deities / god/ goddess, but they don't have GOD. Buddhism doesn't have any creator God. Theravada's gods/ deities were mentioned a number of times in various scripture but Theravada usually don't pray to them. Commonly know gods in Theravada are the Sakka ( Jade Emperor in Taoism. Sometimes refer as Indra although some disagreed ), Brahma Sahampati (The Elder Brahma), Devaputra-māra (The god who tried to astray the Buddha ), Yama ( The god of underworld ) and etc. They are rarely mentioned since Buddhism is not exactly into gods. Mahayana Buddhism is slightly different and was later integrated into Chinese culture as it coexisted with Taoism and Confusionism. So, Mahayana has more deities.

Well, hope that clarified the differences. So, back to my previous question. Besides Uranus, Zeus and Hera as Elder Gods, there are no mention of their responsibility and other Elder Gods?

Last edited by demonicslayer; 2016-12-24 at 10:58.

Tags
action, adventure, dungeons, gods, harem, romance