Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-09-09, 22:39   Link #4141
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
That's because the Nazi's documented everything.

Stalin didn't.
Incorrect. The Soviet Archives has plenty of info on that.

It's more of Germany being the loser that publicized it, combined with the fact that a concentration camp has a slightly different purpose from a gulag.
Old 2008-09-09, 22:40   Link #4142
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post
Incorrect. The Soviet Archives has plenty of info on that. It's more of Germany being the loser that publicized it.
Soviet WWII archives are vastly, and I mean vastly, different from what has ever been released by America or Germany.
Old 2008-09-09, 22:42   Link #4143
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by scifijimmy View Post
I'm not sure if one ruler's atrocities are worse than the other's that they'll be better remembered. Stalin kill WAAAYYY more people in his concentration camps than Hitler, but when someone mentions "concentration camps" they automatically think of Nazis.
Actually that's exactly what I mean.

Stalin isn't nearly as famous as the Nazis as a whole or Hitler himself.

Stalin may have been responsible for many, many deaths... But Hitler was the one who took an indirect kill count. Leaders take responsibility, and Hitler was essentially the leader that caused it all. Stalin was just there for deliverance. A leader makes his pawns bloody their hands, and then takes all the blame for it for their own reasons.
Old 2008-09-09, 22:42   Link #4144
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
Soviet WWII archives are vastly, and I mean vastly, different from what has ever been released by America or Germany.
*Smile*

Actually, the archives released in the end of the 1990's aren't that different. It seems people are still living in the Cold War mentality when it comes to the Soviet Archives.

Anyway, back to Code Geass: Will Nina develop a countermeasure to the FREIJA?
Old 2008-09-09, 22:43   Link #4145
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
Another thing to differentiate is that you know, Hitler lost and Stalin remained in power. If he's still around then I imagine its a bit harder to criticize him
Especially with a Cold War going on.

Quote:
*Smile*

Actually, the archives released in the end of the 1990's aren't that different. It seems people are still living in the Cold War mentality when it comes to the Soviet Archives.

Seeing as how I grew up in an ex-Soviet Satellite and had access to full documentation of WWII, I think I have some idea of how similar they are to American publications. Suffice to say, American History books are a silly joke if what they detail is actually supposed to be historically accurate.
Old 2008-09-09, 22:44   Link #4146
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
*Smile*

Well here's hoping, if I remember that quotes by Spirite right she's going to finally do something to make Euphie proud. Lord knows Euphie's memory needs it

Quote:
Especially with a Cold War going on.
True true
Old 2008-09-09, 22:46   Link #4147
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Seeing as how I grew up in an ex-Soviet Satellite and had access to full documentation of WWII, I think I have some idea of how similar they are to American publications.
At least I've actually SEEN the newly released Soviet Archives while writing a paper on Stalin and Kim Il Sung.
Old 2008-09-09, 22:46   Link #4148
Sprite_Coke

Send a message via AIM to Sprite_Coke
Well, I'm finally back on, ty to Kang and Micante for the images that I requested.
Old 2008-09-09, 22:47   Link #4149
scifijimmy

Quote:
*Smile*

Hard to say about Nina developing a viable countermeasure to FREIJA, but I believe it's why Lelouch wants her.
Old 2008-09-09, 22:47   Link #4150
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
*Smile*

Nina: I've done it... Euphemia, THIS IS FOR YOU! And... I'm sorry Table-Kun! So... So sorry... I didn't mean to use you like that! Please forgive me Table-Kun!!!

<_<
Old 2008-09-09, 22:47   Link #4151
Var
Banned

Quote:
At least I've actually SEEN the newly released Soviet Archives while writing a paper on Stalin and Kim Il Sung.
Is this just a pissing contest about history now?

Last edited by Var; 2008-09-09 at 23:06.
Old 2008-09-09, 22:47   Link #4152
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprite_Coke View Post
Well, I'm finally back on, ty to Kang and Micante for the images that I requested.
Can anyone get me complete translations for the sound episodes plz??
Sort of too lazy to type the translations out
Old 2008-09-09, 22:51   Link #4153
Sprite_Coke

Sry if I'm regressing back the topic a little bit, I just got back on.
Anyways, the Soviet Mentality is definitely still around. Putin brought back the Russian totalitarianism. Supposedly it's a free election, but we all know it was rigged and all political leaders are Putin's supporter. The current Russian president (don't remember his name, that's how much insignificant he is) is nothing more than a puppet.
Old 2008-09-09, 22:53   Link #4154
eaglei3

Ugh, I think all this actual history talk has me running away for the rest of the night.
Old 2008-09-09, 22:54   Link #4155
yamibakura

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroSama View Post
Taniguchi to Okuchi after EP 14: Well how did everyone react after lelouch killed all those geass kiddies along with those unarmed researchers? Has everyone lost all respect for him now that he's raped the dog?
Okuchi:Strangely enough his exceedinly loyal fanbase seems to be justifying his action with the logic that anyone who opposes him is bad.
Taniguchi:WTF Wait how the fuck can i have my original ending were he's the bad guy? Fuck i'll just have him geass the fuck out of loads of people and take away their free wills, troll the UFN, make a loli cry, laugh at democracy and plan to kill loads of people to make Euphie not seem as evil. That'll work.
Okuchi after EP 22:Shit were sorry Goro the fans still don't seem to give a fuck about all that and are still worshipping him going along with his whole ends justify the means logic, and that its all for the best.
Taniguchi:GTFO Okuchi theres now way anyone can like him after this EP(Goro then happens to glance out window of Sunrise building and sees fans protesting and calling for his head because they've made lelouch emo again by making him fight Nunnally).
Taniguchi:WTF!!!!!!!! Why are they angry at me? He's the bad one. Screw it, no matter what i do it seems it doesn't matter they'll still love him. Okuchi lets have Lelouch get a good ending shacks up with Millay, Kallen, C.C., Anya, Nina and Euphie comes back from the dead and lives happily ever after with Suzaku.
I want to say epic. If it was longer and drawn out. But I must give you the win here. XD (When I say draw out I mean random things like for instance... Koshi Rikto, the creator from Excel Saga. He's in the anime itself and works on his manga singing things like, "Manga writers are the scum of the earth, Only 3 day since I skipped my last DeadLine! only 3...") --__ ^^ Have Taniguchi do something like that.
Quote:
DUDE! That just... Made me excited! So, it seems Schneizel really is going to be different than I expected! Oh this is great news! So he really isn't a "bad guy" in the terms of classic villainy. And just when I was about to give up all hope... I can't WAIT for these last episodes.
Yeah I know. Is is different from the god complex. I'm not complaining about that cause hell I defend everything. ^^ But this is completely new I've never seen this before. Can't wait to watch it play out. What a sweet analysis.
Old 2008-09-09, 22:56   Link #4156
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Is this just a pissing contest about history now?
Nope, just saying that I know at least as much as you on the matter.

Will Charles strike from the "grave?"
Old 2008-09-09, 22:56   Link #4157
Sprite_Coke

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglei3 View Post
Ugh, I think all this actual history talk has me running away for the rest of the night.
Hey, this is current events. Haven't you heard of the Russian take-over of Georgia?? (not the U.S. state, but a former USSR member country) They only agreed just today to pull limited part of their troops out of it.

Anyways, speaking of Communist nations, there's rumors going around that Kim Jong Il is dead. They reason that in his latest appearances (which was still quiet a while ago) his voice and his height varied from what they were before. (Official CNN stuff btw, it's not just rumor among some kids)
Old 2008-09-09, 23:09   Link #4158
Koshimizu
おやすみ、ルルーシュ。

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
Britannian float units glow green, Black Knight versions glow purple. Gino has the former. His is Britannian tech, just oddly shaped. The Mordred in the preview is also exactly the same as it always it.
There are some rough sketches in the booklet included with the WORLDEND single, which showed float units of Tristan Twin and Mordred labeled "pink glow" like the Black Knight KMFs. I wonder if this was changed or will be changed.
Old 2008-09-09, 23:13   Link #4159
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koshimizu View Post
There are some rough sketches in the booklet included with the WORLDEND single, which showed float units of Tristan Twin and Mordred labeled "pink glow" like the Black Knight KMFs. I wonder if this was changed or will be changed.
So then, we can assume that it is the Mordred and Anya that left Schneizel. Her flight pack was damaged in Ep.20 so that makes sense if she fled to the Order. If that does happen, then we truly might see a Kallen Anya Gino alliance to save Lelouch and Suzaku. The former for Lelouch, and the latter for Anya and Gino.
Old 2008-09-09, 23:16   Link #4160
zalem

Save Suzaku and Lelouch? I think it's more likely an alliance to destroy Suzaku and Lelouch.

Tags
spoilers