Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2022-08-07, 12:43   Link #4141
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagt View Post
Right now I'm in the middle of Takahisa's justice drivel, and oh boy how I want him to just shut his freaking idealist trap up with a kick to the face. Everyone thinks this guy didn't stop looking at reality until he saw that Miharu prefered Rio but I really think he stopped doing it the moment he was summoned.
So he's become Kouki level dumb?

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."
NAJ P. Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-07, 13:57   Link #4142
jagt

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAJ P. Jackson View Post
So he's become Kouki level dumb?
Kouki isn't at his level, he was never even remotely close to fall this low. Kouki refused to kill and to admit it might be necessary to do it when there is no other option, but he admitted the necessity of self-defense or the use of force in certain situations. Kouki refused to kill but he wouldn't hesitate to use the force to protect himself when attacked, in fact he has a long history of getting into fights with delinquents for protecting someone. But the damn Takahisa is just saying whatever trash he wants about people who makes the decision to fight for protecting themselves and/or their loved ones to take the focus away from the fact that he has no courage for doing what it has to be done and when it has to be done.
Old 2022-08-07, 15:46   Link #4143
tsunade666

So become worse than trash. Takatrash isn't eenough to describe him? Is losing the memory of Rio did something good or bad? Did he become more insane?
Old 2022-08-07, 16:40   Link #4144
jagt

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
So become worse than trash. Takatrash isn't eenough to describe him? Is losing the memory of Rio did something good or bad? Did he become more insane?
Takahisa isn't being Takatrash when Miharu is concerned anymore. But when the other sensible topic, if killing in self-sefense is justified or not, he goes back to his self from after the duel with Rio.

Spoiler for Takahisa:

Last edited by jagt; 2022-08-07 at 16:53.
jagt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-07, 17:48   Link #4145
shadowarc

Quote:
Takahisa isn't being Takatrash when Miharu is concerned anymore. But when the other sensible topic, if killing in self-sefense is justified or not, he goes back to his self from after the duel with Rio.

Spoiler for Takahisa:
Yeah, he's definitely worse than Kouki (Main Story) was . He's actually transcended past being trash what should his title be now ? I really question just how he and Masato are siblings. He needs more than a beating like Kouki's case. Maybe being looked at in disgust by Miharu, being slashed down, nearly dying and maybe being burned to death will fix his head.
shadowarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-07, 18:07   Link #4146
midori-kun

Wow, Takahisa’s saying the same thing a bunch of european countries were saying while Hitler was building up his armies… we all know how that turned out. Sadly, there really are people as naive and cowardly as him in the real world. That’s actually good in a way, gives the novel more realism in the diversity of the characters beliefs and personalities.
Also I’m glad to see Hiroaki growing, he’s a good guy in spite of his shenanigans.
midori-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-08, 00:04   Link #4147
haseo0408

My gods, you know a character is lost when Hiroaki is giving him moral lessons and making very good points! It reminds me of The Dark Tower Saga by Stephen King; in the early novels, Gunslinger Roland Deschain (he is from another world) tells his companions, that come from New York City of our world, that most people he has met in the city lack a survival instinct that all the people from his world must have and nurture if they want to live and survive in a world as dangerous as theirs, a world where life has very little value, Roland said that peace might have rotten them in a way. I think that´s part of the problem of Takahisa, he has lived in a country in peace, with a lifestyle with struggles, be financial, social, or any other kind.

Also, the little idiot has not once considered that the morality and culture of this new world he living in right now are very different from Earth and even if he has a distaste for how things work there he cannot just say it´s just beacause they not align with what he thinks it´s correct! Even so, all that crap he´s saying might work in an ideal world but humans are not perfectly rational beings, faaaaar from it, that way of thinking is going to get him and everyone around him killed.
haseo0408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-08, 08:40   Link #4148
Lolilulz33

I know this is a place for debating but do the differences between Kouki and Takahisa really matter ? They are both very naive and most of all and most despicable they use their values for personal gain : Kouki wants Hajime's harem and Takahisa wants Miharu.
Takahisa did not become sane, he just reverse back before meeting Haruto. Aishia stated if Haruto succeed to break God's rule there is a high probability Takahisa becomes crazy again.
The fire hero is thé most vulnerable for the takeover from the high spirit in his divine arms but Aishia and probably Celia will be there to handle the situation as Haruto and Sora are away.
Lolilulz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-08, 13:12   Link #4149
tsunade666

Haruto and Sora are away? where did they go?
Old 2022-08-08, 14:45   Link #4150
Xan2341

Quote:
Haruto and Sora are away? where did they go?
Rio went to retrace Erika's steps to learn how she became so strong even though she didn't have any knowledge in spirit arts after watching the heroes demonstrate their current full power in Galarc's demonstration event. We the readers know it was due to her initial death, but she is the only hero so far to go through that so Rio will probably learn the truth. He also most likely will resolve the loose ends with Erika then too, burying her body, etc as he promised he would.

Rio also wants to start looking for clues on the rules and the divine war. So he will be moving by himself and Sora for awhile.
Xan2341 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-08, 16:00   Link #4151
tsunade666

He leave Aishia behind? with Celia awakening ancient magic she had become strong. Is that why Celia is the one confronting Egoenji?
Old 2022-08-08, 17:34   Link #4152
Xan2341

Quote:
He leave Aishia behind? with Celia awakening ancient magic she had become strong. Is that why Celia is the one confronting Egoenji?
Celia's fight is more so for herself. She is attempting to prove that Aishia and Rio no longer need to intervene and subsequently risk their memories to save everyone. Celia knows everything Rio, Sora and Aishia currently know now. She didn't tell anyone she was going other than Aishia and Charlotte so she will probably get a scolding when she returns to Galarc. Assuming Aishia doesn't have to intervene in the end. Fight conclusion is still unknown. Reiss also intentionally lured Celia out due to knowing Rio would have to come (and waste his masks), but was surprised when Celia started using her new powers and is now taking her seriously.

But yes, currently Aishia was left with the girls, Celia is off on her own right now in Beltrum to deliver the terms Christina provided to her father the king and its up in the air where Miharu will end up after the Centostella discussions conclude. Epilogue has some interesting foreshadowing...

My own opinion, I can see the author using the rules to have the girls develop on their own more (and heroes) without Rio coming in to save them. Rio will be off having his own battles, eventually I assume he will need Aishia too and that is why Celia is gearing up to be the main protector of the group for awhile. This also probably means the author is going to make the rules a longer drawn out plot piece. My take on it anyways.
Xan2341 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-09, 02:59   Link #4153
tsunade666

Rio had become to strong for the normal enemies. He would probably need to deal with other transcenders and the enemy that was foreseen in the past.

The other girls should learn to stand on their own. I also liked last volume when Christina did the negotiations. She did great.
Old 2022-08-09, 12:01   Link #4154
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

Quote:

Spoiler for Takahisa:
Wow. Even Hiroaki had to talk down Takatrash for his stupidity

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."
Old 2022-08-09, 13:23   Link #4155
InfinityDragonGod

I wonder if Takahisa is so strongly against killing is because he's subconsciously connecting killing with Haruto. When they last met, Takahisa kept on asserting Haruto is a criminal and evil because he killed someone before and Haruto is trying to kill Lucius for revenge. Like Satsuki said in earlier volume, Takahisa wanted to drag Haruto down because he wanted to feel he was better for Miharu. He may not realize that these "ideals" are just to justify himself to be what's best for Miharu and impress her or something. Since nobody during that meeting remembers Haruto, nobody realizes this and calls out on him for that.

During Hiroaki's hypothetical situation, Takahisa claimed he could convince the three people to not do criminal acts by talking. I was hoping for someone to call him out on that. Someone would say, "If talking could persuade someone, then you wouldn't have committed the crime of attempting to kidnap Miharu." Liliana tried so hard to persuade him and he never listened. By this point of the story, you can tell that she seems to have given up on him. She probably wants to say that she prefers Masato as her country's hero instead of him.

It's a shame that nobody talked about how Earth already had plenty of wars and the peace of today is only because of that. Though the world still has war occuring, but they don't want to talk about that. Heck Earth had two world wars.

Speaking of Kouki from Arifureta, I wonder how Takahisa feels about the idea of killing monsters. Kouki before character development didn't to have no problems with that because they have no intelligence. Would Takahisa fight if there was a demon/monster invasion? If he had been in a room with three goblins or something holding weapons, what would he do?
Old 2022-08-09, 16:14   Link #4156
haseo0408

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityDragonGod View Post
I wonder if Takahisa is so strongly against killing is because he's subconsciously connecting killing with Haruto. When they last met, Takahisa kept on asserting Haruto is a criminal and evil because he killed someone before and Haruto is trying to kill Lucius for revenge. Like Satsuki said in earlier volume, Takahisa wanted to drag Haruto down because he wanted to feel he was better for Miharu. He may not realize that these "ideals" are just to justify himself to be what's best for Miharu and impress her or something. Since nobody during that meeting remembers Haruto, nobody realizes this and calls out on him for that.

During Hiroaki's hypothetical situation, Takahisa claimed he could convince the three people to not do criminal acts by talking. I was hoping for someone to call him out on that. Someone would say, "If talking could persuade someone, then you wouldn't have committed the crime of attempting to kidnap Miharu." Liliana tried so hard to persuade him and he never listened. By this point of the story, you can tell that she seems to have given up on him. She probably wants to say that she prefers Masato as her country's hero instead of him.

It's a shame that nobody talked about how Earth already had plenty of wars and the peace of today is only because of that. Though the world still has war occuring, but they don't want to talk about that. Heck Earth had two world wars.

Speaking of Kouki from Arifureta, I wonder how Takahisa feels about the idea of killing monsters. Kouki before character development didn't to have no problems with that because they have no intelligence. Would Takahisa fight if there was a demon/monster invasion? If he had been in a room with three goblins or something holding weapons, what would he do?
I´m curious about that as well, all Heroes have had combat experience so far, even Hiroaki has seen battle, he sucks but that´s not the point. Takahisa on the other has never fought anyone, a monster, or people since coming to this world; the closest we could get was when he attacked Rio back in volume 10, makes me wonder how he would fair in a combat situation with his life on the line.
haseo0408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-09, 19:23   Link #4157
Roberto1

some friends have been sending me spoilers on facebook, in addition to the ones you people have written here, and the truth is that I don't like the direction the story is taking, not even a little, I'm just waiting for jagt's summary to see if what I've been told it's true, if it's true I'm going to drop this novel for sure, my patience is exhausted.
a friend of mine recommended me "overlord", that novel is so much better than this one , I don't understand how a novel as bad as this one has come so far, seigensu only good vol is number 21, the rest is garbage.
Old 2022-08-09, 22:55   Link #4158
Y Ddraig Goch
Chasing Echoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roberto1 View Post
some friends have been sending me spoilers on facebook, in addition to the ones you people have written here, and the truth is that I don't like the direction the story is taking, not even a little, I'm just waiting for jagt's summary to see if what I've been told it's true, if it's true I'm going to drop this novel for sure, my patience is exhausted.
a friend of mine recommended me "overlord", that novel is so much better than this one , I don't understand how a novel as bad as this one has come so far, seigensu only good vol is number 21, the rest is garbage.
What direction in particular do you see the story taking that’s giving you red flags? Genuinely curious.
Y Ddraig Goch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-09, 23:35   Link #4159
tsunade666

If your friend is recommending overlord then this novel would probably something you won't like if the genre of overlord is something you would like. Op cast doing whatever they like. Curbstomp battles. I don't like overlord that much story wise and I kinda like this story. Plotwise and character wise.
Old 2022-08-10, 11:07   Link #4160
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

Wow I didn't think there are many who share my view on Overlord. I agree Overlord is overrated. The MC turning megalomaniac kinda turned me off. The Friends who recommended that are probably just into dark and edgy anime which is different genre from this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roberto1 View Post
Now I'm curious what spoilers you've been getting to turn you off the Novel.

Tags
fantasy, harem, isekai