AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2012-09-08, 11:27   Link #4141
sona-nyl
Actually an Alligator

Those are obviously screenshots from animated sequences most likely the new OP's.
Old 2012-09-09, 07:29   Link #4142
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv106586866#02:08:25

Thanks to duckroll for pointing this out. For those with a NicoNico account, the ufotable Fate route OP for the Vita game had been shown in a live event, and you can view it here (at 02:08:05)

Pretty nice, I thought. The song is no Ougan no kagayaki, but it's okay and certainly better than THIS ILLUSION.

Even though it's low res, I thought that the visuals are pretty good looking, and the highlights of some of the key fights and moments in the Fate route made me smile a little ... that said, I didn't like the obvious CG (or is it? like I said, it's low res so maybe it'll look better once we get a proper video) and Shirou's design ... hmm, not exactly right? I don't know, there seems to be something off with him there.

Still pretty nice overall.
Old 2012-09-09, 12:13   Link #4143
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

For those who don't have a NicoNico account. Sorry, no soundtrack in this video.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2012-09-09, 12:16   Link #4144
GDB

God, seeing Saber in the storage house makes me want an ufotable FSN even more. You could almost see the regret on her face thinking about Irisviel there.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 13:08   Link #4145
Ragna92

My favorite part was Gil at the end.
Ragna92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 13:18   Link #4146
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
God, seeing Saber in the storage house makes me want an ufotable FSN even more. You could almost see the regret on her face thinking about Irisviel there.
It's a giant tease! A GIANT TEASE!
Old 2012-09-09, 14:22   Link #4147
Thess

Quote:
Oh god, I was thinking the same. Poor Saber.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 14:41   Link #4148
mAc Chaos
King of Heroes

Man, all the "I wish FSN got remade with Ufotable" talk never really got me interested, but seeing that... now I feel the urge. Too bad it will never happen. ;_;
mAc Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 15:33   Link #4149
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by mAc Chaos View Post
Man, all the "I wish FSN got remade with Ufotable" talk never really got me interested, but seeing that... now I feel the urge. Too bad it will never happen. ;_;
At least we'll have three shiny OPS!

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2012-09-09, 17:17   Link #4150
Vladrave
The Dark Slayer

There would probably someone who would upload the animations of Realta nua(Vita) in youtube.
I would download the shit out of em in 1080p or 720p.
Vladrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 20:52   Link #4151
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
It is highly unlikely. Sakura isn't popular enough, unfortunately. Let's hope we get some Type-Moon anime *cough*Tsukihime*cough* in the future though.
Old 2012-09-09, 20:59   Link #4152
GDB

Even if Sakura isn't that popular, Heaven's Feel would sell better than the others now because:

1) Others are already out in one form or another
2) Heaven's Feel links up with Fate/Zero better than the other two routes, so you get a sense of continuity

So really, it all depends on who decides on animation productions. It's clear they'd want to milk this for all they can, so it's only logical to do Heaven's Feel. That said, I wouldn't expect anything until probably 2014.
Old 2012-09-09, 21:01   Link #4153
mAc Chaos
King of Heroes

The only problem with non-Fate routes is that all the set up for the story is in Fate. HF and UBW rely on all that stuff in Fate so they just skip right into the important parts. If they just did HF without any of the Fate build up it wouldn't be able to stand alone.
mAc Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 21:04   Link #4154
GDB

You mean the build up that would pretty much already be accomplished by Fate/Zero?
Old 2012-09-09, 21:23   Link #4155
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

RE: Saber remembering Iri in the shed.

Inb4 Nasu makes a new scene in the game where in Fate Saber tells Illya that she knew her mother and father.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladrave View Post
There would probably someone who would upload the animations of Realta nua(Vita) in youtube.
Right after flipping the video, butchering the sound quality and making it 50% smaller to get past the copyright filter. Only for few days later for it to be taken down anyways.

Seriously Youtube, you used to be cool ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
It is highly unlikely. Sakura isn't popular enough, unfortunately. Let's hope we get some Type-Moon anime *cough*Tsukihime*cough* in the future though.
>8th most popular character.
>Not popular enough

?

I honestly don't think it's much of an issue with how popular Sakura is in the first place but rather, a Heaven's Feel adaptation is just hard to make without some extensive re-writes and a lot of liberalities to make it be able to stand on it's own.
Quote:
Even if Sakura isn't that popular, Heaven's Feel would sell better than the others now because:

1) Others are already out in one form or another
2) Heaven's Feel links up with Fate/Zero better than the other two routes, so you get a sense of continuity
I agree with the first point (as a rule, remakes don't make as much as the original releases, especially if both versions have less than a 10 year gap between them) but about the second point ... sorry, but I just can't see that as being the case.

As a collective story, Fate/Stay Night links up with Fate/Zero since it addresses all the plot thread introduced in the novel (or to be more accurate, Fate/Zero was written with the entirety of the VN in mind, so it includes set up for all the three routes). Heaven's Feel, on it's own, addresses some of Fate/Zero plot threads and story, just like UBW and Fate do. But even then, it isn't exactly synced with Fate/Zero since it has a very different structure to Fate/Zero (not only from the narrative being 90% exclusive to a single character with a few in-betweeners here and there, but I can't recall cooking, harm antics and all highschoolers hi jinx being in there in Zero).

It's actually the thing I fear now from the reaction to the inevitable HF anime, since a lot people will be complaining it isn't like Zero enough ...
Quote:
If they just did HF without any of the Fate build up it wouldn't be able to stand alone.
Well, its not like there isn't any build up, since there is an anime for Fate, a movie for UBW, another anime for Zero ... at this point, the roadworks for HF had been laid out in full, and anyone can catch up with the rest to be able to understand and watch it.

Besides, the Type Moon base will still have it's back, so it's not going to sell poorly.
Old 2012-09-09, 21:32   Link #4156
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
I honestly don't think it's much of an issue with how popular Sakura is in the first place but rather, a Heaven's Feel adaptation is just hard to make without some extensive re-writes and a lot of liberalities to make it be able to stand on it's own.
ufotable showed that they don't need to change that much. They kept the worm rape in, so there's no reason they need to go the Realta Nua changes.

Quote:
I agree with the first point (as a rule, remakes don't make as much as the original releases, especially if both versions have less than a 10 year gap between them) but about the second point ... sorry, but I just can't see that as being the case.

As a collective story, Fate/Stay Night links up with Fate/Zero since it addresses all the plot thread introduced in the novel (or to be more accurate, Fate/Zero was written with the entirety of the VN in mind, so it includes set up for all the three routes). Heaven's Feel, on it's own, addresses some of Fate/Zero plot threads and story, just like UBW and Fate do. But even then, it isn't exactly synced with Fate/Zero since it has a very different structure to Fate/Zero (not only from the narrative being 90% exclusive to a single character with a few in-betweeners here and there, but I can't recall cooking, harm antics and all highschoolers hi jinx being in there in Zero).
The only plot point/character whose issues aren't addressed to a satisfactory degree in Heaven's Feel is Saber. Everyone else gets their issues answered. How does it not work? You're looking at it from the perspective of FSN, and how it links to Zero. This is the anime. Look at how Zero would link to FSN.
Old 2012-09-09, 21:59   Link #4157
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
ufotable showed that they don't need to change that much. They kept the worm rape in, so there's no reason they need to go the Realta Nua changes.
The re-writes I'm talking about are about changing the first person narrative to be more friendly to the rest of the cast, and including some choice exclusive events (like Ilya going to your house vs. going shopping with her) at the same time for example, not about the Realta Nua changes. It's pretty much a given that they are going to adapted the Realta Nua version, since it is after all the version they keeps on getting adapted and the one they are still bringing out for sale.

And as far as I'm aware, the entire worm rape thing is something that wasn't changed from the original VN to the Realta Nua port. What was removed/changed was the designs of the worms so they would appear more feral and somewhat less phallic (though not by much) and the whole bits about Shinji raping Sakura.

Quote:
The only plot point/character whose issues aren't addressed to a satisfactory degree in Heaven's Feel is Saber. Everyone else gets their issues answered. How does it not work?
I didn't say it doesn't work, but that HF, just like UBW and Fate, only addresses some of the things that Zero set up, since Fate/Zero was written as a single work that is meant to give background on all routes. They are all sharing one prequel and, even if by the end they become different stories, seeing them all together is required in order to get the bigger picture of the tale.

Saber, Gilgamesh and the Servants in general don't get much time in the spotlight during HF, even though they are crucial parts of the cast. The entire Holy Grail War is sort of sidelined for a different sort of conflict in the route, and hell, how are they going to explain things like Shirou being able to run around with Archers arm if it is able to link up so smoothly with Zero?
Quote:
You're looking at it from the perspective of FSN, and how it links to Zero. This is the anime. Look at how Zero would link to FSN.
I am, and I can see that in either case there is a problem with how different HF is from Zero, and the backlash I can foresee happening when people who liked Zero come and notice it as well.

And when you come down to it, it doesn't make much of a difference whether Zero links up with Stay Night or vice versa. The problem is that the HF anime is going to just adapted the HF route, not the entirety of the game.
Old 2012-09-09, 22:23   Link #4158
Ragna92

Quote:
I don't think her popularity matters much and I don't really get what a heroine has to do with route. Sakura is my least favorite heroine but I believe HF is the best route. BTW Sakura may be the least popular FSN heroine but she's still pretty popular, she got 9th on the type moon popularity poll.
Ragna92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 23:11   Link #4159
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

8th now, she managed to push ahead and leave Gilgamesh at 9th during the last poll.

And heroines have an important role in each route. I mean, without Sakura, who would sit down and suck Shirou's fingers after a hard day of beating Shinji and getting his ass kicked by Rider?

Oh and helping him along figuring out his life and stuff, but mostly the finger sucking.
Old 2012-09-10, 04:08   Link #4160
Thess

Quote:
Huh? Sakura was eighth in the TM general popularity poll without showing up in Prisma Ilya or Fate/Extra (aside of brief cameos) like Rin did recently. Trimming the poll, the Fate characters are Saber, Archer, Rin, Rider and Sakura. Nasu is writing a hanafuda scenario that features her. Rin plays a bigger role in HF than in her own route and she has even more character development. Saber still plays an important role. Archer... has about the same relevance in HF than in Fate route. Isn't he also writing CCC which focuses on the Sakura proxy of Extra world too?

Plus ufotable was interest on HF, but need time/T-M OK? They could actually push things like KnK (which weren't as well known as Tsukihime or Fate) into the spotlight after being unpopular for years and made FZ incredibly popular (which isn't on merit on Saber, alone. If you notice, their merch isn't Saber centric as T-M merch can be). Loli Sakura is getting a regular cameo in their official 4koma published in Newtype (I haven't seen Rin so far, Saber is a regular main character, so is Waver, and other Servants).

They are also pals with Gen Urobuchi. Who is Gen's darling again? Dark Sakura.

I would think the script would need some special touches, though.

Quote:
The only plot point/character whose issues aren't addressed to a satisfactory degree in Heaven's Feel is Saber. Everyone else gets their issues answered. How does it not work? You're looking at it from the perspective of FSN, and how it links to Zero. This is the anime. Look at how Zero would link to FSN.
I can argue it was, in the fate/zero novel, where her eyes flash golden. Her conclusion in HF, is pretty in tone with what happened to certain chivalry pal of hers.

The thing with HF is that there is a proper plot conclusion (the Greater Grail), rather than leave things hanging for Waver and Rin in the next decade. The biggest... problem is Archer arm, imo.

Last edited by Thess; 2012-09-10 at 04:34.

Tags
fate/stay night, visual novel