AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2013-08-19, 06:24   Link #401
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Funny story. I decided to create a thread of RWBY at Anime News Network to see anyone wanted to discuss about this series.

A moderator and another user did enjoyed it.

As for the rest............ let's just say their criticism of the show use many words which i believe were "amateur", "english voice acting", "graphics", "cliche" and "not anime".
Old 2013-08-19, 07:24   Link #402
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Lol, 4chan shares the same sentiments.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-19, 07:45   Link #403
Child_of_Sierra

^^ I didn't even bother checking animesuki for a RWBY thread till around ep 3/4 because I always assumed most anime leaning forums won't be accepting of a show like RWBY.
Old 2013-08-19, 09:17   Link #404
Neki Ecko
Dancing with the Sky

Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
I remember that some of the sam people did not accept Avatar: The Last Airbender either for a while. I think a series needs time to blossom but RWBY is a really good series, even if is 1/3 of the production value of any other anime series.

I think with RWBY is going to be show on CR, is going to boost this series up more.
Old 2013-08-19, 09:38   Link #405
Tenzen12

AVATAR ISN'T ANIME!!!! Just deal with it.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-19, 10:20   Link #406
Child_of_Sierra

Indeed, for some odd reason western made cartoons that take anime elements are a hard sell to people I know both IRL and online. Really weird.

I have an easier time convincing friends that watch anime to give different genres within the medium a chance than getting them to start on Avatar.

---------------------------

Commenting on the latest episode, I think Yang intentionally tried to land farther than most because she didn't want Ruby to be her partner. Clingy siblings can be annoying afterall :P
Old 2013-08-19, 11:43   Link #407
Mura
Now or Never

Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura
Crunchyroll GET.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/pres...simulcast-rwby

Edit: Oh, seems someone posted this...two days ago. Oh well.
Old 2013-08-19, 12:45   Link #408
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Funny story. I decided to create a thread of RWBY at Anime News Network to see anyone wanted to discuss about this series.

A moderator and another user did enjoyed it.

As for the rest............ let's just say their criticism of the show use many words which i believe were "amateur", "english voice acting", "graphics", "cliche" and "not anime".
There's no denying that RWBY is not flawless. For example, there are clipping issues, characters looking floaty during some action scenes, and bad proportions. And the screenwriting, well let's be honest here, it IS cliched with its school for special teens with badass abilities. The time length of 4-6 minutes per episode does not help at all.
Old 2013-08-19, 13:25   Link #409
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

i probably will use "amateur", "english voice acting", "graphics", "cliche" and "not anime" to describe it. IF you compare it to you standard anime.

if you compare it to other fan video Non-Studio-Produce-"Anime". I found it good and certainly enjoy it

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-19, 14:02   Link #410
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchibi07 View Post
There's no denying that RWBY [insert name of a wide variety of animated series here] is not flawless. For example, there are clipping issues, characters looking floaty during some action scenes, and bad proportions. And the screenwriting, well let's be honest here, it IS cliched with its school for special teens with badass abilities. The time length of 4-6 minutes per episode does not help at all.
Is there, or has there ever been, a completely flawless animated series? Some show with which nobody has ever had a single complaint or issue? Why do so many people want to pick on RWBY? Aren't there better (or should I say "worse"?) fish to fry out there? Is it really because it's made in the USA and some people have labeled it anime? Would there be as much scorn if it was produced in Japan with Japanese VCs, but otherwise identical? I doubt it.
FredFriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-19, 14:15   Link #411
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

nah it just mainly because one of the staff saying RWBY is anime. which resulting thing anime VS non-anime as you can see

if he doesn't say that. RWBY just treated as standard fan-video. there still some criticism but certainly not as much as now since majority of the criticism is "WTH he called this thing anime?"

Old 2013-08-19, 14:43   Link #412
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Fuck the haters. I love RWBY.

ANN just hates everything.
Old 2013-08-19, 16:05   Link #413
Kreceir

^ yes.

I like Rwby for what it is, I don't see why people complain about it.

If you like it, then you like it.
If you don't like it, then stop watching.

btw, TIL, I did not know that Monty Oum also made Dead Fantasy and Haloid.
Old 2013-08-19, 16:13   Link #414
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

meh. I am not complaining. however I will certainly argue that this thing is not anime. but not bother to make essay about it and I still enjoy it anyway

Old 2013-08-19, 16:42   Link #415
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreceir View Post
^ yes.

I like Rwby for what it is, I don't see why people complain about it.

If you like it, then you like it.
If you don't like it, then stop watching.

You can still like something while still criticizing its faults. It shows you actually care about the series and want it to do better.

For example, I like Gatchaman Crowds for its nifty take of the superhero genre, Hajime, and the use of social networking, but I'm still going to comment on some of the inconsistent artwork and animation some episodes are unfortunately plagued with.

What I don't appreciate is this idea that just because you like something, it is completely immune to any form of criticism. Or worse be ignorant at any of the notes someone else presented. It is one of the ways to garner a healthy discussion once everyone is aware on each others' views.

Look, I'm intrigued with RWBY and thought the girls are pretty nifty looking, and that little scene last episode with Weiss reconsidering who her partner should be and went back to Ruby got a giggle out of me. But it's not going to stop me from commenting on the animation or how the series is structured (it's still painful that each episode is only less than 10 min.).
Old 2013-08-19, 16:56   Link #416
TheGeekHuntress
If only you were brave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
meh. I am not complaining. however I will certainly argue that this thing is not anime. but not bother to make essay about it and I still enjoy it anyway
Agreed. But at least Crunchyroll is allowing people the opportunity to see it.

Thank you for the signature Pellissier!
TheGeekHuntress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-19, 16:57   Link #417
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Hey I'm the first to admit that RWBY has its flaws: the animation is wonky at times and the voice acting is freaking TERRIBLE.

However, haters gonna hate. It's good.

I'm more surprised that this is on CR than anything. Though I was really surprised to find this in the anime section here at first, considering that it's American made.
Old 2013-08-19, 17:00   Link #418
CBredbeard
Banned

You don't see Cell Shading outside of games and I love Cell Shading.
CBredbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-19, 19:17   Link #419
Soverence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mura View Post
Crunchyroll GET.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/pres...simulcast-rwby

Edit: Oh, seems someone posted this...two days ago. Oh well.
Don't worry, my posts usually go unnoticed anyway .

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiddy View Post
Hey I'm the first to admit that RWBY has its flaws: the animation is wonky at times and the voice acting is freaking TERRIBLE.

However, haters gonna hate. It's good.

I'm more surprised that this is on CR than anything. Though I was really surprised to find this in the anime section here at first, considering that it's American made.
I will agree that RWBY has some weird animation moments where everything just seems to go flash style almost (the news scene, the bubble thoughts). I will say however though, I STILL don't see why people say the voice acting is that bad, I am not trying to say the voice acting is great but I feel like each voice fits the character they are portraying and the actors do at least a decent job expression emotion so I don't see why people are saying its terrible. Can someone tell me what they think is so bad about the voice acting? Is it just a difference in opinion on what the character should sound like or do you think the skill of the voice actors is that bad?
Soverence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-19, 19:31   Link #420
Kreceir

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchibi07 View Post
You can still like something while still criticizing its faults. It shows you actually care about the series and want it to do better.

For example, I like Gatchaman Crowds for its nifty take of the superhero genre, Hajime, and the use of social networking, but I'm still going to comment on some of the inconsistent artwork and animation some episodes are unfortunately plagued with.

What I don't appreciate is this idea that just because you like something, it is completely immune to any form of criticism. Or worse be ignorant at any of the notes someone else presented. It is one of the ways to garner a healthy discussion once everyone is aware on each others' views.

Look, I'm intrigued with RWBY and thought the girls are pretty nifty looking, and that little scene last episode with Weiss reconsidering who her partner should be and went back to Ruby got a giggle out of me. But it's not going to stop me from commenting on the animation or how the series is structured (it's still painful that each episode is only less than 10 min.).
No I can see the flaws the animation mistakes, and I can see your point.
I agree what you said.

And yes, the latest episode that was like 4;30 min long is way to short for my liking.

I'll Probably just stick with posting fan art, and leave the criticism to someone else.

Tags
action, cgi, fairy tale, fantasy, rooster teeth, rwby