AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2019-02-19, 01:44   Link #401
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

I mean come on, it can't be that every Lizardmen in the world never tried to eat a monster they fried up.
Old 2019-02-19, 02:07   Link #402
Royalknightftw

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAJ P. Jackson View Post
Yeah that's Also one of the things I have gripe with with that plan. They only fed it once and lo and behold it suddenly learned right away that cooked food is good. It would have been better if they show them easing the Lizardman overtime to eat the cooked monster to ingrain the knowledge to its head. At the very least they should have fed it 3-5 times before setting it free.

It felt exactly like a plot convenience for reasons stated above. The whole plan was not thought properly well by the Author. The Lizardmen are shown as more like animals with basic and instinctual thought process not akin to primitive humans but suddenly it became intelligent enough to figure out about cooking it's food after only eating it ONCE but it also figured out HOW to cook their food just like that. And then apparently they became idiots again when they were too busy cooking and eating their cooked food that they didn't noticed the very loud charge the humans are making in attacking them. Author should make up his damn mind on their level of intelligence
@Huh as well

"Animals intelligence " is a very broad term. Some animals species have shown that they are in fact smarter than other species, like for example elephants have been proven to be able to deceive others and even use tools and some primates are even capable understanding human's way of speech. When you say, "animals inteligence", then i might ask which species of animals are we talking about?.

Julius even said that the lizardmen are actually quite intelligent, not as intelligent as sapiens, but they are almost there since they kepth attacking the castle's weak points

@Huh, this point is more about refuting your argument. The animals (except humans ofc) in our world have no need of fire, since they can just eat their foods raw and able to survive without the use of fire. Comparing lizardmen with animals here regarding their attitudes towards fire is just like comparing apples to oranges.

@Npjakson.
The lizardmen were extremely hungry at that time and were busy eating. Even sapients like us can be caught off guard easily when we are busy doing things, like eating, reading and etc.

Oh ya, first experience actually matters a LOT even for us. As shown that foods are what matter for lizardmen the most, and their first experience eating cooked food is safe and advantageous for them, of course they will be more than happy to satisfy their hunger.

Last edited by Royalknightftw; 2019-02-19 at 02:22.
Royalknightftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-19, 02:15   Link #403
Royalknightftw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Village Idiot View Post
I mean come on, it can't be that every Lizardmen in the world never tried to eat a monster they fried up.
Again, first experience matters a lot. Their first experience to eat those monsters resulted to their own demise, even lizardmen that breathe fire would think "eating those monsters = dead lizardmen". Since those who can breathe fire are much fewer than those who do not, of course the chance is most likely for the lizardmen first experience to eat them without using fire.
Old 2019-02-19, 04:03   Link #404
Huh...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalknightftw View Post
@Huh as well

"Animals intelligence " is a very broad term. Some animals species have shown that they are in fact smarter than other species, like for example elephants have been proven to be able to deceive others and even use tools and some primates are even capable understanding human's way of speech. When you say, "animals inteligence", then i might ask which species of animals are we talking about?.
I agree that "Animal Intelligence", is really a broad term, and many animals have shown the ability to adapt and learn how to use tools.

But that doesn't mean they did it immediately within a single day. It takes time to learn. Just tell me, have you seen any Animal yet, who had picked up a new trick or habit within a single day of showing? (even Dolphins and Monkeys/Apes take some time to learn, and they are one of the most intelligent animal species after Humans).

Getting used to new stuff even for us Humans isn't that easy, be it how hungry we might be.
Like example, you might try eating "Shasimi" or "Carpaccio" or "Steak Rartare", but that doesn't mean you would get used to eating them in just one try, especially if you come from a culture were eating raw meat is generally considered a bad thing.

That's why i also mentioned that "it would have felt more realistic if the author had expanded the food habit part for a few days/weeks (would have taken just 1-2 line additional to mention that).
Quote:
@Huh, this point is more about refuting your argument. The animals (except humans ofc) in our world have no need of fire, since they can just eat their foods raw and able to survive without the use of fire. Comparing lizardmen with animals here regarding their attitudes towards fire is just like comparing apples to oranges.
Technically, even us Humans don't need Fire to cook food, proven by the fact that there are countless 'safe to eat' raw meat/fish dishes around the world.
We just slowly learned (over the course of many years and century during our evolution) that cooking raw meat/fish increases the taste of them and removes the chance of getting sick while eating them.

Also, be it any Animal; Intellectual (Human) or Wild (Monkeys/Apes/Dolphins), have a fear developed towards Fire (not completely instinctual but by experience of pain mostly).
This should be especially true in a World of Magic, were it would be more easier to control and kill Monsters or Animals with Fire, than with other stuff (since Fire in any form has a more physical/mental impact on us or any animal when we see it compared to a spike of ice/water or stab of rock).

Also, even if Lizardmen in this story are supposed to be as smart as say Monkey/Ape/Dolphin/Elephant, even then it shouldn't have taken them just 1 day for it to get used to eating cooked food, or learning the concept of using fire to cook food.
Quote:
Again, first experience matters a lot. Their first experience to eat those monsters resulted to their own demise, even lizardmen that breathe fire would think "eating those monsters = dead lizardmen". Since those who can breathe fire are much fewer than those who do not, of course the chance is most likely for the lizardmen first experience to eat them without using fire.
That's true, but the problem lies with how they showcased it in Volume 8.
They just showed them cooking a Monster, and the Lizardman who was hungry getting attracted to the smell of roasted meat.

Now my question is, those Red Lizardmen, who can breath fire. And they must have possibly atleast once in their life killed another Monster using their Fire-Breath, isn't it (the chance of that not happening is really impossible).

So, if this one Lizardman was attracted to the smell of roasted meat, then why weren't there any other (specifically the Red Lizardmen) who had the same experience as it. Even if the Red Lizardmen were in the minority, atleast a few of them should have been used to eating roasted meat (i am only considering the Fire-breathing ones, not the normal one here).

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")

Last edited by Huh...?; 2019-02-19 at 04:15.
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-19, 06:11   Link #405
Royalknightftw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huh...? View Post
I agree that "Animal Intelligence", is really a broad term, and many animals have shown the ability to adapt and learn how to use tools.

But that doesn't mean they did it immediately within a single day. It takes time to learn. Just tell me, have you seen any Animal yet, who had picked up a new trick or habit within a single day of showing? (even Dolphins and Monkeys/Apes take some time to learn, and they are one of the most intelligent animal species after Humans).

Getting used to new stuff even for us Humans isn't that easy, be it how hungry we might be.
Like example, you might try eating "Shasimi" or "Carpaccio" or "Steak Rartare", but that doesn't mean you would get used to eating them in just one try, especially if you come from a culture were eating raw meat is generally considered a bad thing.

That's why i also mentioned that "it would have felt more realistic if the author had expanded the food habit part for a few days/weeks (would have taken just 1-2 line additional to mention that).

Technically, even us Humans don't need Fire to cook food, proven by the fact that there are countless 'safe to eat' raw meat/fish dishes around the world.
We just slowly learned (over the course of many years and century during our evolution) that cooking raw meat/fish increases the taste of them and removes the chance of getting sick while eating them.

Also, be it any Animal; Intellectual (Human) or Wild (Monkeys/Apes/Dolphins), have a fear developed towards Fire (not completely instinctual but by experience of pain mostly).
This should be especially true in a World of Magic, were it would be more easier to control and kill Monsters or Animals with Fire, than with other stuff (since Fire in any form has a more physical/mental impact on us or any animal when we see it compared to a spike of ice/water or stab of rock).

Also, even if Lizardmen in this story are supposed to be as smart as say Monkey/Ape/Dolphin/Elephant, even then it shouldn't have taken them just 1 day for it to get used to eating cooked food, or learning the concept of using fire to cook food.

That's true, but the problem lies with how they showcased it in Volume 8.
They just showed them cooking a Monster, and the Lizardman who was hungry getting attracted to the smell of roasted meat.

Now my question is, those Red Lizardmen, who can breath fire. And they must have possibly atleast once in their life killed another Monster using their Fire-Breath, isn't it (the chance of that not happening is really impossible).

So, if this one Lizardman was attracted to the smell of roasted meat, then why weren't there any other (specifically the Red Lizardmen) who had the same experience as it. Even if the Red Lizardmen were in the minority, atleast a few of them should have been used to eating roasted meat (i am only considering the Fire-breathing ones, not the normal one here).
http://alfre.dk/monkeys-washing-potatoes/
As shown in that article, the whole population of macaque in that plate made washing potatoes as their habits. You might say "see it takes a few years ", but the whole situation is vastly different from lizardmen case. 1. Lizardmen were desperate to eat, unlike those macaque who have a considerable amount of diet. 2. In volume 8, the lizardmen were in what we call "closed environment " where those lizardmen are in one enclosed particular area.

Tricks that you mentioned are vastly different from what lizardmen did in vol 8. Those animals would still survive without learning those tricks, while in lizardmen's case it was about surviving. Their hunger was uncontrollable and after losing the fight they could not eat anything for a whole day. So yeah, those animals had no evolutionary push to have an immediate response unlike the lizardmen.

There are several reasons why animals are wary of fire, 1 it's due to fear and i agree of what you said there and 2. Like i mentioned, which is lack of necessities. When you have to fulfill your necessities desperately, even you will forget what fear is for example, gazeele and those herbivores will still cross a river full of crocodiles, so that they could consume more plats on the other side of the river.

Again, their early instinct/process of thoughts is "eating monsters : dead lizardmen" even lets say the fire lizardmen managed to kill those monsters with their fires, they would still be wary of eating it due to their early instinct, until someone from their group kept eating those monsters without getting killed due to food poisoning.

That particular lizardmen was restrained and unable to eat those "tasty meals"(Souma and co), now can you imagine its desperation? When given a chance to eat the monster that souma caught and cooked, like i mentioned earlier "necessities could overcome fear" and started eating the monster. Since it survived, its early thought /instinct was overriden to "cooked/burned monster : safe to eat"
Old 2019-02-19, 07:30   Link #406
Huh...?

@Royalknightftw: The problem isn't entirely with the idea though, its more with the time-frame and time-spent to apply that said idea.

Even if the captured Lizardman instinctively understood that burnt/roasted Monster meat could be eaten (without dying), and even accepted it immediately as well (because of "necessities could overcome fear"). But that was mainly because it was hungry beyond its limit.

Its even said as per Tomoe's translation that the captured Lizardman was happy that it finally had its belly filled, after it finally got to eat.

But that doesn't mean that it would apply the same logic so soon immediately (like the very next day itself). I mean, its not like a person would always die upon eating raw meat. Same with those Lizardmen as well, they must have instinctively understood that eating raw meat can (not always) kill you (if it always killed them, then that mean it wasn't because of harmful effects, but because it was poisonous which can't be simply removed by cooking/roasting).

So, the first time it ate was only because of "necessities could overcome fear", but it needed to eat a few more times before the concept of "burnt/roasted Monster meat could be safely eaten" would have been accepted.

That's why, it would have been better if the author had introduced the situation were that captured Lizardman repeated the same process a few more times (over the course of few days or weeks) to be instinctively sure of that fact.
Quote:
Their hunger was uncontrollable and after losing the fight they could not eat anything for a whole day.
Its not that they couldn't eat for a whole day, its mainly they couldn't eat sufficiently after losing, because what they ate were dead/killed human and the amount depended on how many they could kill per attack. This was mentioned during a meeting between Julius and others (before Kazuya & Co. arrived) that they have been steadily losing the armed forces (both by death and injury). So, that means the Lizardmen might have been able to eat some what (or else why did they stop attacking during night time?, because if they were so hungry, then "necessities could overcome fear" should have applied during a night attack as well).

Old 2019-02-21, 07:20   Link #407
Huh...?

Below image contains segments from the second colour image in Volume 09.
Seem to focus on "Tomoe" and "Ichiha Chima".
Quote:

Old 2019-02-21, 12:01   Link #408
Eclar
Avid reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huh...? View Post
Below image contains segments from the second colour image in Volume 09.
Seem to focus on "Tomoe" and "Ichiha Chima".
So this might be the author's next pairing.
Old 2019-02-21, 12:42   Link #409
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

Please not another pairing

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."
NAJ P. Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-22, 08:55   Link #410
pezzie

Please do more pairings.

All the pairings in the world
pezzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-23, 20:17   Link #411
eisai_haramasukoi

Release date for the next volume?
eisai_haramasukoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-24, 07:25   Link #412
Huh...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD3LF0N53 View Post
Release date for the next volume?
Check, https://genkoku.fandom.com/wiki/Light_Novel

Old 2019-02-26, 05:54   Link #413
Huh...?

Illustrations from LN Volume 09 (be careful, that Twitter account has many NSFW content).
https://twitter.com/kiyoe_sans/statu...20016369467393

And, we have the first illustration of Kazuya's twin children's.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D0L9dlHWkAAaTRM.jpg:large

Old 2019-02-26, 11:30   Link #414
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Is it Male and Female or maybe both males or both females? (Hopefully 1 male and 1 female). Still, i can't wait to see Volume 09 if Kazuya decide to return immediately to see his children.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-26, 15:43   Link #415
Huh...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramero View Post
Still, i can't wait to see Volume 09 if Kazuya decide to return immediately to see his children.
He would most likely, as that image with Liscia and the twins indicate that they are back in Parnam (because there is a Royal Carriage behind them).

My guess is that his children are born around the end of Vol 09.
This i think mainly because, the last Chapter of Volume 09 aka., Epilogue 2 is named "Okaeri" which means "Welcome Back" (was able to read some of the names of the chapter titles from that LN 09 preview, but since the resolution was too low, only managed to read a few chapter titles).

Also, the listing of the chapters in Volume 09 suggest that most of the stuff in "Duchy of Chima" do end fast (chapter format is kind of similar to Vol 07), with
- 1 Prologue
- 7 Main story chapters
- 2 Epilogue, and
- 5 Side/Extra story type chapter (one of which focus on "Genia and Merula")

Old 2019-02-26, 16:42   Link #416
Rinvelt
駄目人間

A boy, Shian (named by Souma) and a girl, Kazuha (named by Liscia in homage to Souma's real name, Kazuya).
Rinvelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-26, 18:00   Link #417
eilee

Quote:
Roroa at first wanted to marry Souma, for the sake of her wallet and her country, then later really fell to Souma. So yeah, people can change
Musumi seems to be quite a "family woman " since she treats her "so called useless "brother quite well.

Sure, Souma is not physically strong, but he knows how to move people to do what needs to be done and even unite them. He is in a way much stronger than any male characters introduced in this series.
Musumi's husband range is too wipe. It can be anybody and we don't know much about her personality yet. I agree the chance of Souma taking the youngest son is higher than Musumi. he can take both, too.

Can't wait for Volume 09 in 3 more months. I think we need some family time in vol 10

Last edited by eilee; 2019-02-26 at 18:13.
eilee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-26, 22:37   Link #418
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Yes, from all this warfare, politics, and building, we should need a scene where Souma and the others are spending their life as a family.

Even a King needs to spend his time with his family so their children can be raised properly.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-27, 02:24   Link #419
Huh...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eilee View Post
I think we need some family time in vol 10
Well, on Author's "pixiv" page, there is a recent artworks of the map of "Nine Headed Dragon Archipelago Union" (which he released in Jan 2019); and an artwork of animal/beast, which looks like a dragon with a turtle shell on its back and octopus tentacles with crab claws (which he released in Dec 2018).

Not sure if it has any relation to the LN or not.
Maybe its for a WN plot, or could be a something related to what's going to be covered in LN Volume 10.

Old 2019-02-28, 00:42   Link #420
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

Judging from that illustration I think it's confirmed that Souma will be taking the younger Chima son as a retainer. Not sure about the the Elder sister if she will be included or not. I hope she is.

And please Author, MORE MARIA NEXT CHAPTER.

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."
NAJ P. Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, harem, nation building, politics, true harem